The Boy of The River; K.TH...

By taeeatskookies

Kim Taehyung, the prince of a king who had made magic practice illegal. But Taehyung would want to change tha... More

:Character Introductions:
Chapter 1: A New Yet Horrid Start.
Chapter 2: A Dragon's Roar.
Chapter 3: Jobs around the castle.
Chapter 4: Day One.
Chapter 5: That Stupid Arrangement.
Chapter 6: There Isn't A Potion.
Chapter 7: "Mutatio cogitatio"
Chapter 8: a higher dose.
Chapter 9: Golden Clasps and Taps.
Chapter 10: As Your Future King.
Chapter 11: The Unwelcomed Visitor.
Chapter 12: Secrets Are Better Kept To Two.
Chapter 13: The Realization.
Chapter 14: Questions with A Limited Amount of Time.
Chapter 15: An Unformulated Plan
Chapter 16: The Moon Rises.
Chapter 17: The Start of The Final Few Days Of Peace.
Chapter 18: Preparing for the worse.
Chapter 19: A Single Sip And You'll Be Gone.
Chapter 20: A Small Flower or Something Different.
Chapter 21: The First And One Of Many.
Chapter 22: New Things With Time
Chapter 23: The Undeads Invitation.
Chapter 24: Unfinished Business.
Chapter 25: A Single Blade.
Chapter 26: Death Will Claim the Same Soul.
Chapter 27: After Battle Pains.
Chapter 28: Hide It After Use.
Chapter 29: Respects To The Dead.
Chapter 30: Talks Of The Night.
Chapter 31: Pale Eyes Of Protection.
Chapter 32: Officially But Secretly Together.
Chapter 33: Lies.
Chapter 35: Decisions, Decisions.
Chapter 36: Whispers Of the Night.
Chapter 37: It Was Over There.
Chapter 38: Some Alone Time.
Chapter 39: Crumble Away.
Chapter 40: "What happened to it?!"
Chapter 41: Why Did It Turn To Powder?
Chapter 42: A Close Ally.
Chapter 43: Behind Closed Doors.
Chapter 44: Thinking Of A Plan.
Chapter 45: Dread of The Day.
Chapter 46: Surprisingly Shocking.
Chapter 47: Finally Study Time.
Chapter 48: Finally Summer.
Chapter 49: "Why Did You Call Me?"
Chapter 50: Working Out The Plan.
Chapter 51: Let The Duels Begin.
Chapter 52: Blink And You'll Miss It.
Chapter 53: He's Been Poisoned.
Chapter 54: A Broken Down Wall.
Chapter 55: His Last Words
Chapter 56: Questions.
Chapter 57: Answers.
Chapter 58: Addressing The People.
Chapter 59: The Coronation.
Chapter 60: Nightly Comfort.
Chapter 61: Cozy Mornings.
Chapter 62: You'll Have To Wait Longer.
Chapter 63: No Harm Done.
Chapter 64: Hand in Hand, Heart to Heart.
Chapter 65: Fiance? I Like The Sound Of That.
Chapter 66: Acceptance.
Chapter 67: Attack.
Chapter 68: Rebuild.
Chapter 69: Still Eating Away.
Chapter 70: Discussion and Discourse.
Chapter 71: Reassurance.
Chapter 72: All's Well, Then End's Well.
Chapter 73: No More Hiding.
Chapter 74: "Please Do Visit"
Chapter 75: What theme?
Chapter 76: Please Do Go And Watch The Water.
Chapter 77: Tired Nights.
Chapter 78: Warm Sun To Rain.
Chapter 79: Sneaking Around.
Chapter 80: Midnight Moments.
Chapter 81: The Knights News.
Chapter 82: Fire and Water.
Chapter 83: [S] Golden Pulses.
Chapter 84: Relaxing Baths.
Chapter 85: A Visitor From The Past.
Chapter 86: Suspicions.
Chapter 87: Is He Really..?
Chapter 88: Practice Makes Perfect.
Chapter 89: A Relaxing Picnic.
Chapter 90: It's Okay To Be Nervous.
Chapter 91: King By Your Side.
Chapter 92: [S] Bath Time
Chapter 93: The First Day.
Chapter 94: Do You Know What It Means?
Chapter 95: The Dragon Knows.
Chapter 96: "I Don't Need Help Just Yet Hyungie"
Chapter 97: 2 Months Later.
Chapter 98: Hidden.
Chapter 99: Fear.
Chapter 100: Epilogue : "How Is It Going..?"

Chapter 34: The First Hunt.

664 43 2
By taeeatskookies

The prince and warlock had gone back into the castle to get ready for the first hunt they had to do as the king's weird punishment. They were in the armory as the prince got his armor on and tightened it to his body. Jeongguk just stood off to the side and watched as that's what he was told to do. Taehyung didn't want him to do all the annoying things that were easy for himself to do. He didn't understand why his father would have people do the smallest things for them as it's easy to do themselves. So Taehyung just did it himself and he didn't want his boyfriend to do any labor as it was against his personal morals.

Jeongguk stood with a pout on his lips, eyeing his boyfriend. He was waiting till the prince was done so he could get one last kiss before they left, for who knows how long for this hunt. He crossed his arms over his chest as he waited. As much as the warlock wanted to be cheeky and cast a spell that would move an object or something similar, he didn't. It would waste time and they both wanted to get this over and done with.

"Alright, all set" Taehyung turned to his boyfriend with a smile, only to be met with the other's pout.

"What?" Taehyung chuckled out. "What is it baby?"

"Well… since we will be out hunting with the other knights for… who knows how long.." He trailed off a bit. "I was thinking… that we kiss before we leave so we don't have the …need later"

"Ah..so that's what that pout is for huh?" Taehyung chuckled as he saw how the warlock threw him a little glare. "Alright. Alright."

The prince walked closer to the warlock and wrapped his arms around his waist as he pulled him closer. Taehyung smiled as he saw the corner of the warlock's lips turn upwards for a second before going back to the pout. The prince shook his head lightly before leaning down and placing his lips against the younger males softly. That softness didn't last long however, as the warlock kissed back and moved his hands up to be in the prince's hair, running his fingers and gripping the strands of the red colour between them. The prince lifted Jeongguk up and placed him on the table nearby, as he let his hands roam around his body, getting dangerously close to slipping up and under the younger's blue tunic.

"Tae-" Jeongguk tried to speak through the kiss when he took a breath.

Taehyung pulled away lightly as he placed his forehead against the other's. "Hmm? What is it?"

He was eyeing the other's slightly bruised lips. Jeongguk noticed that stare and smiled lightly.

"We're going to be late if we keep this up" he whispered but it was loud enough for the older to hear him.

"You're right, you're right" Taehyung lands a light peak on the warlock's lips. "That was one for the road" He winked.

"That's- not fair-" Jeongguk muttered as the prince pulled away and helped him down from the table.

"Nothing is fair darling, but I'll tell you what, if we find a spot that the other knights don't know about, we can sneak off and make out some more, deal?" Taehyung teased.

"Deal," Jeongguk nodded.

"Good" Taehyung smiled. "Now, let's go"

They both walked out of the armory, the warlock making sure that his tunic wasn't stuck halfway up his back or hooked on itself. It wasn't, but he had to make sure. As they stepped out from the armory, the prince closed the door behind them and as soon as they started to walk to where the knights were meeting, they acted like nothing more than prince and servant. Not boyfriend's. Not lovers. It was going to be hard.

The meeting spot was outside the front of the castle. There were many knights standing by their horses with their bags packed on the sides and weapons ready by their hips. The sounds of them murmuring and horses huffing were echoing around the space. The knights looked up as soon as they saw the prince and they waited for him to speak.

"For today's hunt, we should try going through the west forest, there may be more in the way of rabbit or deer over there than in our previous spot in the east" Taehyung explained to the other knights, who all agreed as they nodded.

"Here is your horse, your highness" Jin walked over with the prince's horse slowly with its reins in his hand.

"Thank you, Jin-hyung," Taehyung smiled. "And what about Jeongguk?"

"We've been meaning to get a new horse, Taehyung, but we haven't…" He replied in an apologetic way.

"We may have to try the next town over" another knight piped up.

"It shall be fine, he can ride with me for this time" Taehyung smiled at the warlock who had a small smile back.

Jin noticed the look and smiled softly too. He handed the reins to the prince, who took them and made sure his horse was okay and brushed it off with everything tied down tightly but not too tight to harm the animal.

Taehyung hopped up on his horse and got himself comfortable, before turning his body to help the warlock up and had him sit behind him. He waited for the younger to get settled as he looked around at the other knights getting on their own horses.

"Just wrap your arms around my waist before we go" He whispered to Jeongguk over his shoulder.

"Would it be okay?" He wondered.

"They would think it would be for stability and nothing more, don't worry love" the prince replied softly.

"Alright" Jeongguk nodded as he wrapped his arms around the olders waist and rested his head on his back lightly.

"Alright!" Taehyung shouted to gain the attention of the other knights in front of him. "Men! Let's head off!"

The other knights cheered as they let the prince go off first before they followed behind. The sound of the horses' hooves tapping along the stone path echoed through the castle grounds around the front and through the village as they made their way out of the confines of the castle walls.

They headed west as suggested by the prince before. The dirt from the ground was being trampled on and dug up by the horses as they galloped through the fairly muddy grass. There was a slight chill to the air as they rode, it picked at the skin of their faces as they continued their way through the forest. This part of the forest was unfamiliar to them all, but they needed a new hunting ground.

"There is a clearing up a head, let's set up camp and walk from there" Taehyung ordered the rest of the group as they approached a clearing by a thin fresh water river.

"The water's fresh, if the knights need to refill their water pouches they can" Jeongguk pointed out to his boyfriend as he noticed the river.

"Good eye, thank you baby" Taehyung smiled as he softly replied to not make anyone notice the pet name. "I shall let them know"

"Men! Jeongguk has informed me that this river has fresh water running through it, you may refill your water pouches if you need" The prince shouted to the rest.

"How does he know?" A knight shouted back as a snarky remark.

"He grew up by a river, learned of the speeds it goes by and if it was fresh water or not" Taehyung replied honestly.

"Make sure to keep your tents and fire away from the edge of the river; it may rise with the flow of the tide" the warlock looked around a bit. "That is if you were to set up camp"

"Jin-hyung" Taehyung called. "How long will this hunt be for?" He questioned.

"Possibly a few hours or maybe days" He shook his head. "Why?"

"Just checking," Taehyung replied before turning back to answer the younger male behind him. "We may have to set up camp, where do you think is the best place?"

Jeongguk hummed softly as he looked around. "Over there, it's on the flatter side but a good distance away from the riverside and there is enough room between where you could tie the horses where they would be comfortable"

The area where he was pointed at was closer to the tree line but had enough room for small tents to be put up and a fire to be made in front of. The area between would be enough for the horses to graze and even have a safe walking area for them to get a drink if needed. The ground itself wasn't that muddy and looked relatively strong and not clumpy if dug up. The trees gave a nice shade in the warm afternoon sun but if the weather turned to rain it would protect them well.

"Great spot love" The prince smiled and he nodded. "Alright, Knights! Set up the space over there for our campsite." Taehyung pointed to where the warlock had pointed to before.

"Yes sire!" The knights agreed as they all hopped off their horses and took the bags off their saddles.

"And make sure to let your horses grass around in the grasser area, fairly close to the river" Taehyung continued.The knights agreed as they started to set up their campsite.

"Come on, let's get you down" Taehyung said to the warlock behind him as he hopped down first. "Put your hands on my shoulders and I'll grab your waist"

"Won't they think it's odd?" Jeongguk asked softly.

"They're distracted, don't worry" Taehyung reassured as he placed his hands on the younger male's waist.

"Alright" the warlock nodded as he placed his hands on the prince's shoulders and was lifted up off the horse's saddle and lowered down to the ground softly.

"Taehyung, I'll set up your tent if you'd like," Jin suggested as he looked between the two males.

"No, no, I can manage," Taehyung insisted with a smile. "You know I don't like it when other people do stuff for me"

"That is true but, wouldn't you want to patrol the surroundings before we go on the proper hunt?" Jin winked at him.

"Ahh, I see" Taehyung winked back. "Thank you Jin-hyung for setting up my tent, Jeongguk and me will patrol around abit, we'll be back before sunset"

Taehyung looked at Jeongguk as he nudged his head as if to say follow him. Jeongguk looked confused for a second but followed the prince anyway as it was what he had to do and it's what his boyfriend said they'd do.

As soon as they got further away from the knights who were setting up their camp and in the forest a bit thicker than where they were, Jeongguk looked to the older who was walking ahead a bit and grabbed his arm.

"Hyungie, why did Jin-hyung suggest that we patrol the area? It was calm as we were coming in" Jeongguk asked, confused.

"Jin-hyung knows about us, I'm not sure how, but he does, but this way we can have some time to ourselves while the rest of the knights set up" Taehyung explained as he pulled the warlock closer and wrapped his arms around him.

"Oh? Smart, I like it" Jeongguk teased as he traced his finger along the prince's jawline.

"I do too," Taehyung replied as he leant down and kissed the warlock.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you guys liked this chapter!!!
Not much went on but a lot did at the same time.. hehe.

I don't really have much to say right now.
If you have any questions feel free to ask here!

I purple you 💜💜💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

420K 27.2K 53
"You are, Jeon Jeongguk, the pirate who have been in wars against many kingdoms , telling us that you have fallen for our son, and asking us for perm...
72.4K 3.1K 76
[Completed] Kim Taehyung, now model, five years ago was bullied by someone and was also in a physically toxic relationship with another. he fell in l...
308K 15.6K 29
Where a cute prince does everything possible to win the heart of his cold bodyguard. "So ,hyungie , Will you have to do anything I command ?",the pri...
344K 25.2K 35
In a universe where elves and magic exist, Jeon Jeongguk is so desperately trying to train the newfound prince raised as a human all his life, Kim Ta...