The Maid

By KaylaBabs

Katryna has just finished university two years ago and still looking for a job. She studied drama and perform... More

The Maid
Sneak Peak
Chapter 1
Chapter Two
Chapter 3
Chapter Four
Chapter 5
Chapter Six
Chapter 7
Chapter Eight
Chapter 9
Chapter Ten
Chapter 11
Chapter Twelve
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 again
Chapter 19
Chapter Twenty
Chapter 21
Chapter Twenty two
Chapter 23
Chapter Twenty four
Chapter 25
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter 27
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter 33
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter 35
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter 37
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter 39
Chapter Fourty
Chapter 41
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
chapter 45

Chapter Thirty

29.4K 1K 76
By KaylaBabs

Uploaded 21/04/2015
Edited on 7/12/16

Chapter 30

Ashley had his back turned to me. I could see that his head was bowed. I shifted closer to the edge of the bed. His shoulders appeared tense, after a couple of moments observing him I could see him almost shaking.

I did not know bringing that woman's name up would cause such a problem. I thought back to what Donny said about me asking him about Michelle.

Did he punch Donny because he was fed up of him chasing me or punch him because he mentioned Michelle?

I placed my feet on the floor wanting to go to him, however something held me back. I could see that he was struggling with an internal battle inside himself.

I took a deep breath in. "Who is this person?" I asked again. She must be someone important. "If you will not tell me I might as well ask Donny."

I stood up intent on crossing the room. If he wants to stay in here by himself and not tell me what I need to know then so be it. My hand stilled on the door knob.

"Michelle." Ashley walked to his drinks cabinet to pour himself a finger of whiskey then added two ice cubes. He held the bottle in the air silently asking me if I wanted one. I shook my head. He took a small sip tilting his head back to savour the taste. "Michelle is the woman that made me the beast."

He strode to his armchair sitting down staring into space. I moved from the door to sit on the sofa my body facing towards him silently begging him to continue.

He took another sip of his whiskey the ice cubes clinking against the glass when he raised it to his plumped lips.

"Michelle understood me. She shared my passions." The corner of his lips lifted up into half a smile as if he was remembering a pleasant memory. "I was as one would say naïve. I have been pampered all my life so I took everything that was dealt to me at face value."

My hand covered his on the arm chair. "Who is she?" I cocked my head to the side. I gathered that she must be his lover.

"She was my world." Ashley said it so nonchalantly like it was a matter of fact. "She was my heart."

He looked to me, his blue eyes misty like he was finally noticing who he was talking too.

"Michelle was Michelle." He finished the rest of his drink in one gulp. "You've got what you wanted." He stood up looking at me as if I was the villain walking out the room.

It took me a moment to come to my senses. I stopped him in the corridor.

"What happened to Michelle?" If he loved her so much why is he not with her?

"That is a question no one knows." He strode purposely from me.

I wanted to run away him to soothe his hurt. Beg him for forgiveness for me bringing up a sore subject of his past love.

I kicked out into the air, fighting with an invisible force. "Arr... Fuck Donny!" I screamed to no one but myself. Why did he have to put that thought in my head?

I don't even know why I asked him. The thought just popped up in my head. I walked back to my room to fall face first on the bed. I groaned in my bed sheets.

I don't know what this situation with me and Ashley is but I do want it to continue we have this sort of link to each other.

I flipped onto my back reaching of my cell phone. I haven't talked to Nova in ages. Since she gone to France I felt like we have drifted apart.

I sent her a text asking how she is followed by a kiss in a symbol of an x.

I also checked my messages which were mainly from my mother and sister. My mother was asking if we have set a date for the wedding as she has notified my grandparents.

I texted her back telling her that we are having a long engagement. I fingered the ring on my finger. I always thought that being engaged would be a happy event but this just feels false. Then again it is false we are not technically engaged. With that thought I drifted off to sleep.

"Are you ever going to wake up?" I heard a female voice murmur followed by a shake on my shoulder.

I grunted opening my eyes for moment to glimpse Casey standing there looking beautiful in a cream evening dress. She leaned over to shake me again on the shoulder.

"Wake up." She kneeled on the bed to peer into my face. "Open your eyes we got somewhere to be."

I leaned back on my elbow to regard her. "What are you talking about?" My room was dark so I guessed the time to be pretty late.

"My mum cooked a dinner. Ashley meant to of informed you." She sat on the side of the bed rubbing my arm. "Hurry up and get ready you were expected twenty minutes ago."

I supported my back on the leather headboard rubbing the sleep from my eyes. "I don't feel like attending any family meal. I just got from Dc I am still on coastal time."

Casey got up to go to the adopted wardrobe in the corner. She pulled out a couple of dressing making faces at each one. "Why are you still in your uniform?"

I looked down at my attire, grimacing as I realised what I done. I got up from the bed bending my back stretching my legs and arms. I felt like I slept in an awkward position.

"I decided to go back to work today." I explained.

"Here, this dress looks more acceptable for dinner." She flung down a black and white dress. "Hurry up and put that on."

I rolled my eyes at her high handedness. "I really do not think it is a good idea for me to go to dinner." I began taking off my clothes. "Your mother hates me."

Casey scrunched up her nose tilting her head from side to side as if pondering over my words. "Hmm... She can be overprotective."

"That is one way of describing her." I answered.

"I know she can be over bearing as well." She sat on the chair next to the bed picking up the book that I have been trying to read for months. "You have been reading porn before bed."

I gave a snort at her description of the book. "It is not porn."

"You were reading about sex. Thinking about sex. Then that is porn. Just like watching it. You dirty girl." Casey gave me a lopsided smile. "I don't know why you went back to work. You're a Wentworth now."

I pulled the dress over my head it came to down to my knees. I remember getting it when shopping with Lexi and Nova. A time when all three of us got along and were the best of friends. I missed that life. When I think back to a year ago hell even six months ago I think of happier times.

"You ready now?" She stood up from the chair coming towards me running her fingers through my hair. She tried to fan the dark hair trickles around my face. "You look good to go."

I made sure to look in the mirror before leaving. I was tempted to put on some make up but declined.

I past a large oak grandfather clock on the way to the west wing where the rest of Ashley family was housed.

Casey took my hand to lead me through the dining area. I haven't been inside this part of the wing a lot but I know my way around the property.

She swung open the door to reveal around ten people at the table. I instantly recognised her parents however my eyes were drawn to Ashley who stood up upon my entrance into the room.

I searched his face to see if he was still upset with me yet I could not see any trace of emotion. He drew closer to me I stood still transfixed by his movement.

"Katryna." He took my hand out of his sister to place a kiss on the inside of my palm. "Let me introduce you to my family."

He moved to the side. I could now see more of the people that stood by their chairs with smiles on their faces. I self consciously moved a curtain of hair behind my ear almost as if shielding myself from them.

Ashley introduced me to his aunts and cousins. Their names where a whirl I could not remember seven people names all at once.

"Katryna I would like you to sit next to me." Mrs Wentworth invited me to sit next to her near the head of the table. Her husband was sitting at the head whilst his daughter and wife either side of him. Ashley was sat opposite me next to his sister.

At the other end of the table sat Ashley's uncle his father's brother followed by his immediate family of his two sons, wife and daughter. They appeared friendly, welcoming even.

Ashley father gave a discreet nod over to Alfred who was standing silently and patiently in the corner. He opened the door with his white butler glove to admit the three butlers to come in with steaming trays of food.

My eyes caught a sight of Brandon walking in with a plate of food. He set it down in front of Ashley's aunt, who was too busy talking with a lady to the side of her.

My eyes followed his every movement around the room till he left it then it flew back to Ashley who had an intense look on his face. I could see that his hand tighten around his cutlery. For some reason he was angry.

"What?" I mouthed to him.

His eyes darted to the door; he can't be thinking that I was eye balling Brandon was he?

"So Katryna." John, Ashley uncle called from across the table. "What is it that you do again?"

"She is an actress." Three people answered for me at once. Looks like they don't want my real occupation on the table.

Ashley, his mother and his sister laughed at once then said again in unison. "Jinx."

"What film roles have you done?" Sarah asked me from my right.

She looked a lot like Casey but she was sporting a brunette bob hairstyle.

"I have not done any film work yet." I said honestly.

She looked at me shocked. "You do know that we own like a production company, why don't Ashley hook you up."

I looked back to Ashley who was still looking intently on me. "I prefer to make it on my own."

"That and Ashley doesn't have control of his businesses anymore." This retort came from Cameron he was Sarah's brother, for some reason I could tell that he and Ashley does not get along.

Ashley placed his glass silently hard on the table causing his father to look sharply at him.

"My businesses are not your concern." His dark blue eyes looked towards his smiling blonde cousin.

"Let's have the second course please Alfred." Ashley mother clapped her hand at the Butler.

My eyes went straight back to the door this time Brandon did not make an appearance. I let out a deep breath of happiness that I managed to get some reprieve from this man.

The main dish was fantastic, the chef out did themselves tonight. The conversation was flowing much better as each course was served. But Ashley remained quiet and aloof as if he isolated himself from others at the table.

All too soon desert was served and people were starting to round up the end of the night.

My attention was suddenly drawn to Ashley as he stood up abruptly from the table. "I have an important phone call to make. Thank you all for the meal." He nodded in my direction before making a hasty exit.

"I think we should bring tonight to a close and we shall see you in two night's time." Mrs Wentworth announced standing up to hug her guests.

I followed suit and done the same thanking them for inviting me for dinner. The Wentworth was actually a pleasant family.

"It was nice meeting you Cameron." I gave him a brief hug and then one to his sister Sarah. Casey came over to where we were standing.

"Nice going there earlier Camri." Casey gave him a kick in the leg. "Are you trying to piss off Ashley you don't remember the last time he handed you, your ass."

Camri snarled at her for kicking him. "You don't really know your brother. I still don't think that we should just hand him back the CEO ship just because he came out of hiding."

"You are jealous because you wanted to be the head of Wentworth. You know it always go to the first born son. My dad was the first born and Ashley was the first born." She poked her finger in his chest. "You are way down the food chain, before you even get a whiff and your still behind me and your older brother." She linked her arm through mine. "Come on Kat lets get going."

Cameron laughed. "I wonder how long this nobody would last with the beast."

"Don't call him that." Casey growled.

"That is what the press called him straight away that..." He looked me in the eye. "Incident a couple of years ago."

"Keep talking Cameron I am dying to punch you." Casey took a step closer to him. I looked over her shoulder to see that the adults were still in a high topic of conversation.

Camri held his hands up in a surrounding pose taking a step back with a wide grin on his face. "No worry's from me. I am just saying what the rest of the family is thinking. He is only getting married to secure his future. Katryna say hi to Donny for me the next time you see him. I did not know that Ashley was into taking other seconds."

Casey gave him a dirty look dragging me out the room. "Don't listen to him. He has been feuding with Ashley for years."

"I won't." I stated. "What did he mean about Ashley needing to secure his future?"

Casey fanned her hand in the air. "Don't listen to him. Ashley has his own money. He thinks that for Ashley to resume control of the businesses again he may of needed a wife."

"Does he?" Things would make sense if this was the case as I kept wondering why he put the ring on my finger.

"He doesn't need a wife. I think Ashley has already gained the majority of the votes to put him back in power."

We stopped outside my door she gave me a tight hug before departing. I gave myself a small laugh, looks like it was not such a happy family after all.

I switched on the light as soon as I entered the room.

"Aahhh..." I screamed in shock my hand going to my throat. "What are you doing in my room?"

I saw Brandon sitting in the chair by my bed surveying me with his green eyes. He uncrossed his legs to stand up tossing an item in his hand.

"I was waiting on you here to talk to you." He walked around my bed kicking my uniform. "I got bored. And look what I found in your forbidden room." He tossed the bracelet in the air to catch it. "This is what you were meant to give to me."

"You got what you want now." I opened the door further so that he could get the hint. "Now you can leave."

He smiled at me showing all his pearly white teeth. "You done good today. There is a storm coming." He walked towards me looking in my face. "I suggest you get to a safe place."

I looked down into the palm of his hand to see that he was pulling apart the bracelet. He pulled off the bottom shoe charm to reveal a small Microchip.

"What is that?" I asked looking at him.

"This dear lady is what I needed to bring down the beast." He Grinned.

What have I done?

A/N

Thanks for staying with the Story please Vote to show your support and appreciation it only takes one click

xx kayla

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 27 10
After losing her mother, Lydia's father takes a big step just to pay off his debt putting Lydia's life at risk. But tables turn and Lydia is saved by...
252K 8.3K 47
When a beautiful African girl just starting her adulthood is kidnapped from her country and sold off to the Mafia, her life does a full 360. Will she...
613K 33.4K 60
When Ashley wakes up next to the billionaire Tristan Montenegro, her life spirals into more than she could have ever bargained for. *** Ashley works...
515K 11.8K 31
"So where the fuck were you last night?" Nicholas asked in a daring calm voice. It was like he was reminding her what her place was. "Out" She answer...