GULMOHAR (COMPLETED)

By Yours_Nidhi

Thank you my anonymous reader for the beautiful cover ❤️ I love you ❤️ Dr Sanchi Prabhu's life had been a rol... More

Author's Note
Teaser - Some fragrances are unforgettable!!!
Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Next Daily - Teaser - Offer Accepted!!!
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Author's Note - Another chance ❤️
Chapter 54
Epilogue - Part 1
Epilogue - Last

Chapter 11

5.5K 499 123
By Yours_Nidhi

SAANCHI

'Why didn't you tell us Saanchi!' Imran asked but Mehek kept a hand on his hand nodding a no and Imran kept quiet

Mehek smiled at me. I smiled back.

'I am proud of you!!! It's not easy! I know...I see and meet people everyday! And trust me Sannu...I'm really proud of you!' Mehek said and I smiled.

Then Mehek looked like she was deep in her thoughts and when I asked her she simply chuckled saying

'You and Nishchay are made for each other!!!'

'Mehek please... Stop!!!' I said at once standing upright. I was clearly offended. I didn't expect that from Mehek now atleast. I explained her the most crucial phase of my life. Something which even my parents don't know. If someone knew it was Sachhu Anna, my best friend Aahir and my therapists.

'Dont be offended. I am not teasing you Saanchi. Just trying to tell you how different yet similar you and Nishchay are!!!' she said and I did not understand what she meant.

'If it was anyone else I wouldn't have told because it's not right as per our profession but I know you can be his healer specifically because you went through the same pain as he is going through!!!' she said and I was trying to absorb what she meant.

'I and my team have been treating Nishchay for the last 3 years!!! Just like how you lost him...he lost Sudeshna 4 years ago and since then he was also going through treatment!!!' and that's when it striked me.

I was shocked.

'You know it Saanchi... Medicines work only when a person is willing to work towards it. Everytime Nishchay tried there was always something or the other. It's like he needs a reason to drink!!!' Mehek said truthfully and I was shocked again

'He drinks??? Mehek he wouldn't even drink a cold drink earlier! He was a health freak!!!' I said. I thought it was depression alone but depression and alcoholism together is the worst combination. Both push each other to destroy you as a human being completely.

To which Mehek chuckled sadly and said
'Drinks... Cigarettes and even drugs!!! He was into everything! But the day he was unconscious for three days and that's when Kyra was down with pneumonia and needed Nishchay to sign some documents he wasn't there. But thankfully your aunt was kind enough, she let the treatment continue upon her own risk. Three days later when Nishchay woke up and saw his 1.5 year old daughter sleeping in between multiple machines and wires was the last day he touched drugs.

He even tried quitting alcohol and cigarette because Kayu hated the smell but he was addicted to it. His body was weak. He had been to the addiction center but he couldn't be away from Kayu for too long and he wouldn't wish to send his daughter away to his hometown. His aunt took care of Kyra until she fell ill and Nishchay lost her too. He took his daughter's complete responsibility but he couldn't stop smoking and drinking although he reduced it. He drinks only post Kyra sleeps and smokes very minimal however recently as he lost his job things got worse.

He started drinking in the washroom and smoking frequently. Kyra still doesn't know but that child is a quick learner and she thinks people who drink and smoke are evil. I just hope she doesn't see Nishchay with drinks or cigarettes!!!' she said it all and I listened to everything patiently.

'This is nonsense Saanchi! Nishchay will never agree to this! You know him!' Mehek said to what I suggested

'Look Mehek!!! I'm not doing any favours on Nishchay or his daughter. It's simple. He needs a job and I need a head to manage everything from the resource management perspective. Nishchay was a senior HR Development head in his previous organization which means he knows his job and has experience of handling people will help us handle the mess with the management. He can build a team for us to make this hospital a more professional one' I said and she thought for a while and said.

'I will let him know but I can't guarantee. You know he doesn't wanna see you...how will he tolerate it when you are his boss!!!'

'I am not!!! Riya Pacchi has hired us all. It's her hospital!!!' I said honestly to which Mehek gave her famous mischievous smile saying

'Riya Pacchi hired you hunnn? I thought you were only a visiting doctor here!!!' and I rolled my eyes saying

'Ssme thing Mehek!!! I just wanted to tell that I'm not hiring anyone. Pacchi is our boss. I'm just a helping hand and mind you...I won't even interfere in Nishchay's work! I promise!!!' I said and she huffed saying

'To kya faayda?!! (Then what's the use!!!)' and I scowled looking at her while she gave me a toothy smile and said

'Wellll..All this I believe if he gets rejected in today's interview. Let's see what's in his fate...and your fate too!!!' she grinned and I huffed.

This girl is hopeless.

NISHCHAY

'Looks like you have completely lost it! Me working for Miss Prabhu! Never!!!' I said and Mehek took a bite of the sandwich I made for her and huffed saying

'Nishu... exactly which Prabhu you are mentioning here...the senior Prabhu or the junior Prabhu...' and I rolled my eyes saying

'Both!!! Look I like Riya aunty but I can't take advantage of knowing her and her neice is someone I absolutely don't wanna know. It's enough that I tolerate her face in this apartment and that office room which as well I avoid is why you are pushing me to meet her as my boss for 9 hours a day! Gimme a break!' I said and offered Kyra her favorite chocolate milkshake. She smiled and kissed my cheek saying 'Thank you Pa!!!' and she jumped to go and watch her favorite cartoon - Bob the builder.

'What did you do this time? How come she went from all shouting to all kissing and smiles? What this time Nishchay Mehra?' Mehek asked and I went to grill another sandwich and said

'She....she understood what I explained!!!'

'Nishchay she is a kid... above all your kid...she is as adamant and stubborn as you are!!! What is it this time? What did you promise her this time because as much I know your daughter wouldn't take a no for it this time. She wanted to meet her mom.' I said and I looked elsewhere trying to hide my face.

'Eyes here Nishu! You may not have a sister but I am still here. We may not be blood related but I still consider you my brother. Vomit it!!!' Mehek said in her commanding tone and I gulped and finally said

'I....I told her that her mom has gone to the fairly land for a make over like how her Elsa got once she became the queen and...'

'And???' she asked. Her tone was firm. She is so posessive about Kyra.

'And that she would be here before the Diwali Pooja!!!' and she looked furious.

'And again on Diwali you will promise her of new year! Damn it how long are you dragging this Nishchay. That kid keeps on trusting you and you keep on breaking her trust. How can you???' she yelled and I held her hand saying

'Please Mehek...I wanted to tell her everything yesterday but because of that stupid teddy bear incident she was heartbroken. I yelled at her. I couldn't break her heart more. It was her birthday as well...so....'

'So you faked it to post yet another letter is it?' she asked and I looked elsewhere showing her the letter and she huffed.

'You are hopeless!!! I just....ughhh...take me away from here Imu...my blood pressure is rising!!!' she said and left from there.

But just before leaving she said...
'Think about the job offer Nishchay. It's a better place, a good opportunity, you will have a decent pay as well and the rest of all you can negotiate. And above all Riya Pacchi is a great human being. You won't get a better boss. Think over it again Nishu. Don't let your personal and professional matters mix up.' saying she left and I sat there thinking about the offer.

Am I really ready for this???

Facing her again??? But then when I see my little one's face I think this to be a better offer. The hospital is at a walking distance. Works hours are decent. It's a great opportunity as well. And knowing the reputation of Prabhu Group, I know the salary will never be anything lesser than my expectations.

I thought over it the entire night and finally I had decided to give it a nod.

I know I had to probably face her day in and out but why should I be scared. She should be the one to be worried or scared after all she was the one who ran away.

Traitor of a friend!!! She should be worried...not me...

Above all...I don't care!

I don't even give it a flying fuck!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 977 15
◇𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄◇ ~𝐀 𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲♤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎♡𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧~ Have you ever thought, whe...
398K 15.8K 73
It is a love at first sight story of a perfect businessman, who believes in perfection in his work. His world revolves around his family, friends and...
44.1K 4K 41
It wasn't romantic or easy. It was just something that happened." "God! Was it worth ruining everything?" "It wasn't. Dhruv, it happened. I don't w...
2.3K 180 24
[ SLOW UPDATES ] A reverse grumpy × sunshine Dhivti Verma: Not your usual desi girl. So full of emotions, yet so emotionless. Has such a big heart...