Going forward and beyond {Pat...

By kurenohikari

Yes, I finally did it! A Pokemon fanfic of Ash getting serious after the Battle Frontier Arc and training be... More

I Ash's P.O.V.
I Professor Oak's P.O.V
I Pikachu's P.O.V
I Bulbasaur's P.O.V
I Jolteon's P.O.V
II Ash's P.O.V
I Dawn's P.O.V
I Paul's P.O.V
Tariner's Page: Ash Ketchum
III Ash's P.O.V
II Dawn's P.O.V
II Pikachu's P.O.V
III Dawn P.O.V
I Charizard's P.O.V
I Zoey's P.O.V
IV Ash's P.O.V
II Bulbasaur's P.O.V
V Ash's P.O.V
I Lance's P.O.V
II Charizard's P.O.V
II Paul's P.O.V
I Reggie's P.O.V
I Chimchar's P.O.V
IV Dawn's P.O.V
III Pikachu's P.O.V
I Max's P.O.V
II Professor Oak's P.O.V
I Johanna's P.O.V
I Pupitar's P.O.V
II Lance's P.O.V
II Zoey's P.O.V
IV Pikachu's P.O.V
I Josh's P.O.V
VI Ash's P.O.V
I Riley's P.O.V
VII Ash's P.O.V
V Pikachu's P.O.V
I Piplup's P.O.V
II Johanna's P.O.V
VI Pikachu's P.O.V
II Reggie's P.O.V
II Riley's P.O.V
I Gary's P.O.V
II Josh's P.O.V
II Piplup's P.O.V
VIII Ash's P.O.V
III Lance's P.O.V
III Paul's P.O.V
III Reggie's P.O.V
V Dawn's P.O.V
II Pupitar's P.O.V
III Zoey's P.O.V
IX Ash's P.O.V
I Wallace's P.O.V
VI Dawn's P.O.V
I Litten's P.O.V
IV Paul's P.O.V
VII Pikachu's P.O.V
II Joleton's P.O.V
I Professor Kukui's P.O.V
III Josh's P.O.V
II Max's P.O.V
II Gary's P.O.V
II Professor Kukui's P.O.V
II Torracat's P.O.V
IV Lance's P.O.V
X Ash's P.O.V
VII Dawn's P.O.V
IV Josh's P.O.V
III Riley's P.O.V
III Piplup's P.O.V
IV Zoey's P.O.V
VIII Pikachu's P.O.V
IV Riley's P.O.V
III Profesor Oak's P.O.V
VIII Dawn's P.O.V
XI Ash's P.O.V
IX Pikachu's P.O.V
III Jolteon's P.O.V
IV Reggie's P.O.V
IV Piplup's P.O.V
III Max's P.O.V
V Zoey's P.O.V
X Pikachu's P.O.V
III Johanna's P.O.V
III Gary's P.O.V
V Lance's P.O.V
V Reggie's P.O.V
XII Ash's P.O.V
III Torracat's P.O.V
IV Gary's P.O.V
III Bulbasaur's P.O.V
IX Dawn's P.O.V
II Wallace's P.O.V
V Gary's P.O.V
V Riley's P.O.V
XIII Ash's P.O.V
Trainer's Page: Ash Ketchum (Volume II)
Pokemon Teams
Book II!!!

I Gladion's P.O.V

1.6K 56 7
By kurenohikari

"Lillie!" I exclaimed as I barged into my mother's office.

"Gladion! You are back!" Lillie's smile widened in happiness, as she threw herself into my arms.

I didn't doubt it for a second and returned the embrace. "What happened? Faba was arrested? Are you ok?!"

"Oh, Gladion! I am so happy you are back!" Mother threw herself at us and hugged us, I tried to resist but seeing my sister's happy face I stopped myself. My biggest regret from running away with Silvally was leaving Lillie behind. "I am so sorry Gladion for everything! I should have been there to protect you guys... I'm sorry for leaving you all alone while I withered in my misery."

I looked at my mother stunned by her words. Ever since our father had died all she has ever been interested in is work and her precious Ultra Beasts. She barely paid us any attention... even though, we had lost a father that day too. Yet, here she was present and asking me for her forgiveness. What had happened in those months I've been gone. When Aunty Wicke explained the situation I was boiling in rage. Ready to go hunt Faba and make him pay for the unforgiving crimes he had committed on my dear family. Umbreon next to me was not doing any better. He was growling and emitting dark energy around him. He looked feral... not that I was any better.

"Eevee evolved!" Lillie's excited gasp brought me back from my grim thoughts. I sighed at her words. My dear sister who once upon a time loved pokemon and could not stop herself from playing with them, who loved Umbreon with all her heart, now could not even touch a pokemon before freezing in fear. How it hurt my hurt, how it hurts Umbreon's heart. From the corner of my eye, I could see Umbreon's ears lowering in defeat. However, that did not last long. Surprising us both, Lilie kneeled next to Umbreon and took him into her lap, patting him. My heart ached at the scene, of my precious starter cuddling my sister and purring to his heart content. Umbreon lives Lillie as much as I do, and her being afraid of him broke his heart. "You look wonderful Umbreon!"

"Lillie... you can touch pokemon again..." I stuttered in shock.

"Ash was a dear and healed Lillie with the help of his Espeon!" Mother exclaimed in happiness. "He even caught Lillie's first pokemon! Show her to Gladion Lillie!"

"Right!" Lillie exclaimed, putting Umbreon down before standing up and taking out a Dream Poke Ball. "Come out Kō!" The light disappeared leaving a beautiful Eevee behind. "I mentioned to Ash about how much I love my brother's Eevee and how much I look up to you Gladion... so, he decided to give me one to celebrate me being able to touch pokemon again. I named her Kō, which means Sugar. I know it's kind of silly..."

Not being able to hold it back anymore I rushed forward and hugged her again, this time begging for forgiveness against her hair. I've never felt any more guilty than then. I left my little sister who had been traumatized alone and unprotected in a place Faba could easily come back and harm her again. I'll spend the rest of my life if needed to repent. As expected Lillie simply laughed and melted into my arms, happy that I was back and she had her family back together... or at least, most of us.

"I think I should take you there," mom spoke up, gaining our attention.

"Madam!" Hobbes exclaimed, eyes widening in shock. "Are you sure?"

What's going on? I thought concerned, as I tightened my hold on Lillie.

"They deserve to know and... Mohn would have wanted it," I gasped at my father's mention. Mother has not spoken of our father since the first month after his... death. Much less, mention him so easily.

Could it have been Faba's doing? I thought, getting angry again. He is so lucky the police got to him before I found out!

"If you are sure... Master Gladion, Miss Lillie, please follow me," Hobbes spoke, walking away. Lillie and I exchanged confused looks before following him. As we walked deeper into the house, Hobbes reveals a secret chamber with a connected basement hidden behind a bookshelf.

"Did you know we had a room like this in the mansion?" Lillie asked me stunned, as her Eevee yipped excitedly.

"No..." I answered in shock, before turning to our mother. "Mother, what's this?"

"This used to be Mohn's research area," mother answered looking both fondly and sadly at the room. "After his death, I sealed the room away, incapable of dealing with the pain this place brought me." She sighed, before turning to look at us with a smile on her face. "I am entrusting you this room from now on."

"Mom!" Lillie exclaimed, eyes filling with unshed tears.

"Are you sure?" I asked her stunned. "This was father's room..."

"You both deserve to have a part of your father," mother sighed. "I am sorry this is the most I can do at the moment... but it's too much for me to talk about him right now..."

"We understand," I told her with a smile, while Lillie threw herself into her arms for a hug.

We then proceeded to explore the room until I heard Lillie gasp. I rapidly turned around to find her holding a Z-Ring before an open drawer. "This was father's?" Lillie asked our mother, who looked pained as she watched the Z-Ring.

It ended up being Hobbes who answered her: "It did. Hala gave it to him upon his arrival to the Alola Region when he began his research in Ultra Wormholes." Hobbes smiled fondly at whatever he remembered. "Mohn was a powerful Pokemon Trainer. He completed the Island Trails quite easily."

"Where are father's pokemon then? I do not recall any of them," Lillie questioned confused.

"That's my fault," mother answered. "After the overwhelming loss of Mohn I did not take good care of them... or any... and they ran away. I've not seen any of them since then."

"Don't be too harsh on yourself mom!" Lillie scolded her. "Dad's... dad's death was hard on all of us!"

"She is right, mother!" I agreed with my little sister.

"Lillie, Gladion," mother murmured touched. "You both were the ones who kept me focused and helped me get out of my depression."

Burning with determination and confidence, I announced: "I'll find dad's pokemon! I'll bring them back home!"

"I'm sure you will," mother smiled at me with pride shining in her eyes, making me feel fidgety. "However, before that, you'll need to do something."

"What?" I asked her confused, feeling nervous when she simply continued smiling without saying anything. "Mother, what have you done?"

Of course, she got me an Arceusdamn ticket to The Saint Festival! I growled in my head. He'll crush me!

I watched in trepidation on the T.V in the waiting room of the Manalo Stadium, as Shedinja and Ninjask tag-teamed the Cacnea and Cherrim of their opponent, burning them down with an X-Scissor and Bug Buzz combo. I watched as the camera captured Ash's beaming smile as he and his pokemon waved charmingly at the public in the crowd. Well, Ash was beaming and waving, while his pokemon buzzed around him. He has just defeated his twenty-ninth opponent in a row, bringing the first day of the festival closely to its end. Only one last battle... mine...

"Our last contestant is Gladion!" Anna announced as I walked towards the gate to the battlefield. I took a deep breath and walked out. The crowd's cheering was wild, but I could not pay any attention to that. My focus was on Ash, who was smiling challengingly at me. Hungry for another battle, as if he had not had enough for the day. He truly enjoys battling, I thought. Then maybe so should I. This should not be a nerve-wracking situation, but an opportunity to enjoy and challenge myself. "Let the battle begin!"

Both Ash and I released our pokemon at the same time. Umbreon and Lycanroc appeared ready to battle before me, while Ash's Kricketune and Granbull took the stage gaining deafening cheers from the crowd. That's The Saint for you.

Not waiting for him to attack, I took the initiative: "Lycanroc Stone Edge!" I commanded, rapidly encircling Ash's pokemon in a stone circle. Without any prompting or order, Umbreon used the stones as cover to hide after attacking them with Foul Play. Rapidly going back to hide away one attack to prepare for the next one. I looked up to Ash, who had raised an eyebrow and had an impressed expression, one that was mirrored by his Pikachu on his shoulder. A warm feeling spread through my chest, The Saint was impressed by us!

"Kricketune Protect!" Ash timed it well, for the moment in which Umbreon was going for a hit and had my starter bouncing back and hitting the stones. "Granbull Earthquake!" Not only did the Stone Edge get destroyed at a rapid pace, but my pokemon also took damage.

How did Kricketune leave the attack undamaged? I asked myself confused. Normally, Earthquake is not used in double team battles without the other team's pokemon being a flying type. That has to be Ash Ketchum and his flawless teamwork...

"Granbull use a Water Pulse and Focus Punch combined attack!" Granbull's punch was covered by a watery boxing glove, which punched the daylight out of an already fallen Lycanroc. What took us by surprise was the sudden attack of Night Slash from Kricketune towards Umbreon. No command needed from Ash.

As Granbull was going for another punch, I commanded a well-timed Iron Head from Lycanroc that had them being thrown various yards back. "Both of you use Iron tail!"

Lycanroc and Umbreon proceeded to tag team Kricketune and Granbull with a dance of Iron Tail, which was secretly upgraded in power by the use of Sword Dance and Work Up. However, Ash was not taking this laying down. Kricketune used Substitute and Double Team to confuse us, while Granbull retaliated with Play Rough, sending Umbreon straight towards Lycanroc, bringing both of them down.

"Kricketune, are you ready?" I looked at Ash in horror, realizing what was about to happen. "Let's do this!" Both Kricketune and Ash got into position for a Z-Move. While, neither Lycanroc nor Umbreon, were ready to stand up. "Savage Spin-Out!"

I watched hopelessly as Umbreon was brought down, and sadly recalled my starter. I was done for...

Then, Kricketune screamed in pain. I looked up startled, watching Lycanroc knock Kricketune down with a vicious Fire Fang. My just evolved pokemon had just taken down one of Ash Ketchum's pokemon. Lycanroc looked up at me and I gasped. The fire and determination in his eyes brought me to a stop. Why was I giving up now? We can do this together!

I nodded in determination and shouted: "Now it's our time!" Lycanroc and I both got into position. "Corkscrew Crash!"

I looked in stunned shock as Granbull was taken down, and left Lycanroc as the last one standing.

The Stadium was silent as they also stared in shock. Twenty-nine other trainers had come before me in the Beginner's Stage, yet none of them had been able to defeat Ash Ketchum before. However, here we stood as winners.

As Lycanroc kneeled in exhaustion, the speel over us broke. The crowd cheered for me, the underdog, while I rushed forward towards my pokemon.

"Unbelievable! Gladion just won his match! The first winner in The Saint Festival!" Anna exclaimed in excitement.

"We did it buddy!" I laughed as Lycanroc licked me.

"Good job!" I looked up from the ground at Ash, who was beaming too much for someone who had just lost. Then again he had just won over twenty-nine battles in a row. "Most trainers come here for the experience, going to battle with the mentality they've already lost." He shook his head sadly, smile dimming. "Yet you fought with determination and fire. You came here to win and you did. Congrats! You deserve it."

"I was about to give up, it was Lycanroc who reminded me to fight," I looked down ashamed, smiling a bit when Lycanroc comforted me.

"That's why pokemon and trainers are a team," Ash replied with a smile, nuzzling Pikachu and ignoring the fangirls' squeals. "There's nothing to be ashamed of about leaning on them for support. That just proves the great bond you both share. I can't wait for the training camp."

He offered me his hand, and I could only stare. This is the guy that saved my family, the one who helped us start over again. The one who with only a few words inspired me and my pokemon. As I reached out to take his hand, I could not ignore the feeling that this might be a new beginning for me...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 2.7K 11
In this fanfiction the people of the pokemon world are going to react to the adventures of the chosen one and the battles he fought. They are going t...
411K 7.5K 61
"Do u remember the promise we did?" "I do..." Get ready to immerse yourself once again in the world of Pokemon FanFic. This fan fic respects the sto...
488K 11.2K 105
Ash Ketchum lost against Leon and want nothing more than to train hard but the fate had other plans as Giovanni finally decides to strike the ketchum...
34.4K 499 10
After Ash's loss in the Kalos league finals, he comes home only to have his mother, Professor Oak, and his "friends" attempt to stop his dream, endin...