𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙈𝙞𝙨𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙪𝙣𝙚 �...

By failedpaperairplane

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════ "Do you want to become a swan?" "..." "A what?" A typical person being transmigrated into... More

◦༻ Boring Have To Knows
◦༻ Outfits/Clothing
◦༻ Songs To Listen To While Reading
◦༻ 1...The Lotus and The White Feather
◦༻ 2...The Old Lady and The Swan
◦༻ 3...Whats worse? A Dance Teacher or a Man Dressed In Red
◦༻ 4...The God and The Clueless
◦༻ 5...An Unlucky Person, For Sure
◦༻ 6...Death Caught Up To Me
◦༻ 7...Da Hong? Who?
◦༻ 8...A First Glimpse Of A Past Life
◦༻ 9...The Shared Emotions Of My Duplicate
◦༻ 10...You Fancy Yourself Insane?
◦༻ 11...How About I Brush Your Hair
◦༻ 12...There's A Ghost Behind You
◦༻ 13...Misunderstanding Ontop Of Misunderstanding
◦༻ 14...God Help Me, Wait, Nevermind
◦༻ 15...Blood Stains A Swan
◦༻ Misfortune Of A Swan*+*Season II Teaser
◦༻ 16...Death In The Cold Blood
◦༻ 17...Another Martial God, Fuck
🦢 1K Special 🦢
◦༻ 18...Oh, It's You, Out Of All People
◦༻ 19...Nothing A Kiss Can't Fix
🦢 HAPPY HOLIDAYS 🦢
🦢 HAPPY HOLIDAYS (2) 🦢
🦢 HAPPY HOLIDAYS (3) 🦢
◦༻ 20...Betraying A Contract Is My Forte
◦༻ 21...Welcome Back
◦༻ 22...Life Himself
◦༻ 23...Love Is Really A Thing
🦢 10k Special 🦢
◦༻ 24...Wait, I KNEW Him?!
◦༻ 25...What Are You Thinking?
◦༻ 26...What The Hell Is HE Doing Here
◦༻ 27...Let's Start Over?
◦༻ 29...Life's Misfortune
◦༻ 30...Fake, Fake, Fake
◦༻ 31...We All Know How The Game Ends
◦༻ 32...They're Back
◦༻ 33...The Leopard and The Viper
◦༻ 34...Where, What, When
◦༻ 35...Love Will Drive You Irrational
◦༻ 36...The Reverend's Playground
◦༻ 37...Love Stories
◦༻ The Misfortune Of A Swan *+* Season III Teaser
◦༻ 38...A Woman With A Grudge
◦༻ 39...Rest Now
◦༻ 40...Death Falls and Death Rises
◦༻ 41...Looking Back On Our Memories
◦༻ 42...The Swan's Home
◦༻ 43...Cold, Dark, Waters
◦༻ 44...Black Water Sinking Ships
◦༻45...Puppy Eyes
◦༻ 46...Xiu Fen
◦༻ 47...Life Doesn't Know How To Write OR Read
◦༻ 48...Life's Personal Rehabilitation Program! Sponsored by He Xuan
🎄Christmas Special🎄
◦༻ 49...They Confess At Last
◦༻ 50...The End

◦༻ 28...A Battle Of Life and Calamity

1.8K 97 26
By failedpaperairplane

It did get worse. So much worse.
༻ ❍ ༺

Y/N FEELS SOMETHING RAM INTO HIS BODY WITH FULL FORCE, SENDING HIM TUMBLING BACKWARDS AND FALLING ON THE DIRT PATH.

Y/n groaned as he felt his lower back slam into the ground and briefly mumbled a small curse under his breath as he looked forward to meet eyes with this abrupt attacker. Smiling darkly as he glared.

"Fuck, what the- DA HONG?!" Y/n blurts out as his fellow partner in crime picked them both up off the ground. Da Hong was doing this with such incredible haste that it made Y/n wonder just what could possibly get him so riled up.

"We gotta go- like right fucking now!" Y/n hadn't seen Da Hong this panicked since he was being chased by Hua Cheng in his journey of a flashback. He didn't dare ask questions, and the last time someone told him something like this; it ended in his death by the very sword that had stabbed Jun Wu himself in the final book.

The thought of Mei and Ya Wenling barging into that temple with Jun Wu not that far behind drove itself through his mind as he quickly brushed some dirt off his robes. He needed to get his mind off that. It wasn't a pretty experience and would haunt everyone in that situation till the end of eternity.

There were many things Y/n had kept from Da Hong. Most of them too much to explain and too horrific to mention a sly thought of. Da Hong was most likely the same, Mei Nianqing didn't show him everything in that flashback, it was for sure. That was for a reason. If Da Hong wanted to show him something more; he had the powers to do so. If Y/n ever wanted to show Da Hong a flashback of his experience, he would when the time was right. This was certainly not the time.

Y/n and Da Hong both picked up a frantic pace down the path, securing the hoods of their capes over their heads and leaping into the trees. Y/n could consider it a flex that he had the same amount of power and strength as a god now that he was Life. In fact, he had less human attributes than a god; it was a hard thing to think about, being less human than a god. Y/n had strayed from humanity a very long time ago, Da Hong even longer.

As both their bodies tumbled over branches and ripped through the overloads of leaves Y/n took the spare time to start questioning what they were even running from. What if Da Hong had just mistook something or was overreacting? After all, he hadn't been here for more than 800 years.

"What's going on?!"

"Nothing good, Hua Cheng saw me." There it was.

"..."

Y/n cursed internally in his mind, he nor Da Hong had the best experience with Hua Cheng at the moment. Da Hong was murdered by him the last time they had made contact, as for Y/n; he had disappeared without a trace (which very much was considered an offense towards someone who was being a host to you and had showed you very important parts of your backstory).

And by the looks of things, Xie Lian wasn't there to possibly lighten the situation. Even if he was there, Y/n hadn't stayed for long enough to see how Xie Lian knew Da Hong.

Hua Cheng nor Xie Lian was aware of the situation with Da Hong being back, he knew Y/n was his reincarnation; and he was already pretty pissed off about that way back a few months ago (to go as far as to have the Guoshi of Xian Le have to show up and save Y/n from getting sliced and diced like cucumbers).

Y/n didn't even want to imagine what would happen if he were to find out that the actual Da Hong, temple burner in the flesh, was back and healthy.

Y/n took a deep, shallow breath and kept moving his feet as fast as they possibly could in his white boots. He was really grateful Da Hong had found running boots as light and durable as these in the "rich people market" at the moment. The last thing he wanted to do was to confront Hua Cheng without a Xie Lian there (which is why he specifically was traveling to the Puqi shrine so they would both be there), but with a Da Hong as well?! No way, he would rather try and explain the concept of what a Roomba vacuum was to Mu Qing.

Speaking of martial gods at the moment.

Y/n shot a glance down to below him to make sure that he had lost Hua Cheng or there wasn't a flying E-Ming going straight for his head. He immediately felt like just giving up right then and there, perhaps the idea of E-Ming wasn't all that bad at the moment.

IS THAT FUCKING FENG XIN?!

Da Hong saw Feng Xin at about the same time as Y/n and now they were both exchanging silent looks of 'how could this possibly get worse'.

Then they heard a 'snap' from under them.

It did get worse. So much worse.

Da Hong and Y/n decided to slip and fall out of the fucking tree.

Da Hong had it better than Y/n, he fell and landed in a bush and got a few scrapes (possibly a bite from that snake hiding inside). Saying that, one can only imagine
Y/n's current situation.

Y/n fell, screamed "SHIT", and then landed on Feng Xin. Hypothetically; if Y/n wasn't Life, he would've had a broken ribcage the very moment him and Feng Xin had collided. All his limbs were twisted in all the wrong ways and he would definitely be leaving this with a sprained ankle, whatever, he could deal with it. He couldn't deal with the embarrassment of having Feng Xin under him at the moment.

The position they had fallen into wasn't your classic 'romantic fall as the person falling's head gets buried into the fallen onto's chest'. It was more like, Y/n falling on top of Feng Xin with his elbow dug into Feng Xin's groin and Feng Xin's knee dug into Y/n's inner thigh. The sharp pain of Feng Xin grabbing onto Y/n's bicep with impeccable force (that of a martial god's) zinged through Y/n's whole body to make the urge to scream out in pain very great.

     Y/n heard the violent grumbling and cursing of Feng Xin as he scrambled to get off the poor dude. What kinda shitty luck was this?! Y/n wanted to clasp his hands together and start praying that Feng Xin wouldn't hold a grudge for him after this; but his prayer would be sent to the closest god (who was Feng Xin). So, Y/n had to shove that thought away as soon as it came.

     Y/n had yelled a world of apologies at Feng Xin, smiling sympathetically, not even daring to stop and look at Feng Xin's state after he flashed a smile (let alone having Feng Xin get a look at Y/n's state), before bolting over to Da Hong to at least try and get him out of the bush. Anything to get Y/n a few meters away from Feng Xin right now.

Y/n and Da Hong's senses as Life and Death would spark up whenever someone who had a good amount of spiritual power was near. Y/n, as Life, had his senses go booming whenever a god was near him (especially one of the upper court). Which made him feel amazing whenever he kissed Mu Qing or Pei Ming. When he was Death, his senses didn't go up as much near gods. Da Hong had the same deal, but with supreme ranked ghosts (especially ghost kings).

     Right now, Y/n's senses were overloaded with the smell and feeling of a martial god of the upper court and a ghost king being so close to him, Y/n couldn't imagine how much Da Hong's senses could be buzzing at the moment. Y/n had ran into both Jun Wu and Hua Cheng when he was Death, which gave him some sort of experience with the feeling of Death's senses. This was Da Hong's first time dealing with that agonizing feeling.

Da Hong eventually got himself to leap out of the bush as Y/n was running towards him to help. As everything was lightening up, as everything was getting back into order (not that it was in order to begin with), Da Hong and Y/n's senses suddenly flared to the max as they heard the soft jingling sounds of sparkling silver. Y/n could hear Feng Xin's faint cursing from behind his back as Da Hong froze up.

The pure fear in Da Hong's eyes was indescribable, it was a mix of pure horror from the deepest part of his heart and shock from the wound that made his eye whiten. Da Hong lifted his fingertips to touch that wound and could almost feel that exact pain that he did the day feathers were growing out of it.

Y/n wanted to shut himself underground and then never come back up. If Hua Cheng sees Da Hong...he didn't even want to imagine what would happen. E-Ming had less self control than Hua Cheng, so if Hua Cheng couldn't control his anger around Da Hong; that would go straight to E-Ming. And chances are, E-Ming's gonna wanna re-open that wound on Da Hong's eye. Da Hong in the question didn't seem in the state to deal with an E-Ming right now.

So, Y/n sucked in a shallow and a parched breath through his lips.

Drew his sword.

Shoved Da Hong away several meters with his foot.

Whipped his head around.

And lunged at both Hua Cheng and Feng Xin with fire burning in his veins.

CLANG!

Sorry it took so long to update guys! I had state testing and was completely wiped out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 538 16
❝ In return for keeping your "secret," why don't you give me a kiss? ❞ ⤷ Baek-Hyun was a sick yet outgoing young boy living in Korea...until he died...
1.1M 37.2K 57
As tragedy befalls on Zhan Yu , he soon finds himself transmigrated into a novel world as a character. To his disappointment, he became the villain w...
1.3K 104 13
QUICK TRANSMIGRATION! "Your pink panties are very cute. I didnt know that was your type, Miss Lozero. You look so fierce...but it seems you're not al...
275K 4.6K 52
Lu Wanwan transmigrated inside a melodramatic and rich-businessman-type novel called The Rich Young Master's Gentle Love. In the original novel, the...