tales from Belwood: early day...

By crystal_pro_2024

with summer having come to an end, and ben having his biggest battle yet, he will have to adjust to life back... More

Episode 1: back to Bellwood.
Episode 2 - first day.
Episode 3 - paying a little visit.
Episode 4 - animo's new Evo
Episode 5 - A talk.
episode 6 - trying to fit in.
Episode 7 - the evo in the classroom.
Episode 8 - checkup.
Episode 9 - battle by the beach.
Episode 10 - providence
Chapter 11 - a history lesson.
Chapter 12 - a charming experience.
Episode 13 - camping in the woods.
Episode 14 - the fastest racer.
Episode 15 - a Xingo to far.
Episode 16 - Evos around the world.
Episode 17 - chase through Bellwood.
Episode 18 - nobody will talk about the weather.
Episode 19 - one last dance.
Episode 20 - escape from Abysus.
episode 21 - new roommate
Episode 22 - adventures in adrenaland.
Episode 23 - student film.
Episode 24 - the nemesis of nemeses
Episode 25 - heroes unite (again)
Episode 26 - trouble in Hong Kong part 1: the old gang.
Episode 27 - trouble in Hong Kong part 2: a decibel to high.
Episode 28 - snowed in.
Episode 29 - providence check in.
Episode 30 - breached
Episode 32 - Movie night
Episode 33 - wishing to be home alone
Episode 34 - trip to MT rushmore
Episode 35 - forever hunted
Episode 36 - into the T.A.P
Episode 37 - what lies beneath.
Episode 38 - preperations.
Episode 39 - a plan in action.
Episode 40 - downtime
Episode 41 - trapped in providence.
Episode 42 - the werewolf.
Episode 43 - what's up with the watch.
Episode 44 - dimensional disruption part 1: when the bens attack.
Episode 45 - dimensional disruption part 2: breached.
Episode 46 - the trouble in Abysus
Episode 47 - starting to assemble an army.
Episode 48 - basic training.
Episode 49 - let me out.
Episode 50 - expanding the force.
Episode 51 - let's not Forgetie about this.
Episode 52 - the history of the nanite event.
Episode 53 - double agent.
Episode 54 - bringing everything to an end.
Epilogue:

Episode 31 - a muddy reception

36 1 0
By crystal_pro_2024

The day had come for the wedding that could help save lives, which could put an end to a war and that was to early for almost everybody. With the Tennyson family all dressed up in there best formal ware and they got into the three vehicles that filled up the driveway. On the drive over, ben squirmed in the back seat of his parents' car as he tried to find a way to try and sit comfortably with his tux on.

Carl: you could have gone into the rust bucket if you were going to squirm this much.

Ben: sorry, it's just been so boring, and I can't get a good sitting position with theses flaps.

Sandra: you know that once we get there you can't use your watch.

Ben: what if there's an alien attack or something?

Carl: your mother said no watch so no watch.

Ben: you do realize that this thing has a mind of its own sometimes, right?

Sandra: we understand that but try and stay human as much as you can. Ok?

Ben: all right, still don't see why we've been dragged along to this wedding.

Carl: you didn't want to be left with penny.

Ben: I can take care of myself.

carl: you nearly burned down the house last time we trusted you, and that was before you could turn into a living fire, and you haven't done much to earn our trust.

Ben sighs as Circe continues to look out of the window of the car, she was in.

Gwen: are you ok Circe?

Circe: I've never really left Bellwood further then providence and abysys didn't really have many sights. Hong Kong was nice, but I've still not seen much outside of that.

ken: you've been to Hong Kong?

Gwen: let's change the subject. I've never really heard of jole before. What's he like?

Natalie: I have no idea. By the time I had married into the family, he had already joined the military. I just hope nothing goes wrong with this wedding. It would be a bad omen for the rest of the family.

Circe: bad omen?

Frank: there's not been a good Tennyson marriage since you're aunt vera. It didn't matter if it was bob, Dave, Kathy, your uncle carl or I. if this wedding is messed up then we might have to start an emergency funding for when you get married Gwen.

Gwen: and I left my shields at home.

Circe: don't worry, I've got my weapon always on me.

Natalie: maybe we tone down the Evo.

Circe: what do you mean?

Natalie: it's just that a lot of these guests aren't used to Evos and aliens like we are.

Circe: ok, I'll keep my Evo jaw hidden unless something pops up.

Frank: that's the best we can ask for you. Although let's not jinx it, shall we?

The girls let out a little chuckle as frank and ken joined in, Natalie having the same tiered expression she always had.

Ken: I've missed this.

Frank: then you should come home more son.

Ken: I know, I know. But getting time off of work and having my other things line up, it's been hard to even come and visit you guys for just a week.

Natalie: just try, ok? We miss you.

Ken: all right moms.

Finally in the rust bucket, Bobo was putting on his best, as rex was trying to get some formal ware on him.

Bobo: I still don't see why I have to put on a tux.

Rex: everybody else is doing it. It's just normal to do at a wedding. Right?

Max: that's if we can convince the others to let Bobo actually go in.

Rex: wait, he might not be able to head in.

Max: not that many people are that ok with a talking monkey.

Rex: I know but I wanted to have my best friend in there with me.

Bobo: you know me rex, I'd just create a mess the first chance I'd get. Or eat the whole cake.

Rex: all right, but where are we going to leave him?

Max: in the rust bucket.

Bobo: all right, I've got reruns to watch.

Rex: I'm still shocked that the rustbucket gets any kind of internet connection.

Max: well, when the kids were coming along with me for the summer, I had to do something so that ben would actually sleep at night, and it was the best way.

They arrive at the wedding venue the whole group got out of the cars and headed to the main door where Joel was waiting for them. Waiting for max in particular.

Joel: good to see you uncle max, and the rest of you as well. And do I spot two new people in the group?

Max: these are the newest members of the family. Meet rex and Circe.

Joel: nice to meet you two. Are you knowing to the family, or have you been around for a while and I just haven't been told?

He asked in a joking way, rex acting nervous while Circe looked around, confused, not knowing how to answer.

Max: they've been with us since summer came to an end, and what about the newest member, where is she?

Joel: Camille's dealing with her parents. There not to thrilled about the wedding. They don't really like me.

Betty: we're still not that happy either.

Joel: you didn't have to be here.

Gordan: you can't get rid of your parents that easy.

Joel: makes you wish verdona was here. I never did get to meet her.

Rex: verdona?

Gwen: our grandmother. She apparently left grandpa max only a few years after having our dads. Dad was just six she left. Old enough for him to remember but not well.

Circe: sounds like she's a deadbeat.

Ben: apparently, she had a good reason to leave but we still don't know it. Even our parents don't know it.

Max: let's just drop the subject.

Betty: oh, and the kids are going to have to wait over in the kids' room while we finish setting everything up.

Gwen: kids' room? How many other kids are there here?

Joel: well since Clyde is sick and at home with his mother, just lucy. She's here with one of Camille's siblings. She's the flower girl, and you're the ring bearer ben.

Ben: wait, since when?

Joel: since last month. Somebody did tell you, right?

Carl: must have slipped our mind with what's been going on in Bellwood.

Joel: what's been going on in Bellwood?

Ben: let's get this over and done with.

He pushes his way inside and the other three followed to the room where they found it empty, other than a single chair. Ben walks over to it and from it emerges a girl who changed from the chair into her human form. Her body becoming mud during the change, and she stood in a white dress. The change was enough for ben to fall to the floor and the girl laughed, hard.

Lucy: I can't believe you fell for that.

Ben turns the omnitrix and its face plate shoots up, he wants to slam down on it, but Gwen catches his arm and looks at lucy.

Gwen: you're lucy aren't you?

Lucy: I was told that there'd only be two other kids here. Which one of yous are ben and Gwen.

Gwen: I'm Gwen and this is ben. The other two are rex and Circe.

Circe waves as rex looks at her, suspiciously.

Lucy: what's his problem?

Rex: are you an Evo or an alien? I can't tell.

Lucy: I have no idea what an Evo is, so I'll say alien, since I am an alien.

Ben: wait, so I can't use my powers, but she can?

Lucy: humans have powers? I thought that you were all powerless or something.

Rex: not since the nanite event.

Ben: so lucy what have you got around here for us to do?

Lucy: other than pulling that prank on you guys, not much. I've already looked around for things to do but once that giant metal door shuts, we're locked in.

Rex: giant metal door?

A giant metal door closes on them from the way they came in and Gwen inspected it.

Gwen: looks like it's reenforced steel. Even humungousaur would have trouble getting out of here.

Ben: so, we're locked in here? Why would they lock us in here?

Circe: because between my screeching, rex's nanite control and your watch, we could cause a lot of damage.

Gwen: so, when you changed, I noticed that you looked to be made from mud or something.

Lucy: oh that, that's just how all Lenopans are.

Rex: Lenopans?

Lucy: you're humans, I'm a Lenopan.

Ben: this is so boring. I'm going goop and busting us out of here.

Gwen: is that the best idea?

Ben: I'm open to suggestions on what to do in a giant closet where we have phones that don't even have service.

Rex: let me at least try to open it from the inside.

He walks over to the wall, and he places his hand on it, it the wall was partially covered in his circuitry pattern but then it fell, and he stepped back.

Rex: I can't open it from the inside.

Lucy: how did you do that?

Rex: it's complicated.

They look over as ben types in goops code and slams down on the omnitrix.

Lucy: did he just become a polymorph?

Ben: polymorph?

Lucy: how many other things can you change into?

Gwen: can't you already shapeshift?

Lucy: yeah but look at that consistency. That isn't a Lenopan type of shape shifting.

Ben: we can talk about it later.

He slips under the giant metal door and opens it up from the other side as they find the building empty.

Rex: where is everybody?

Gwen: there probably just setting up the outside bit or something.

Lucy: then we have this place all to ourselves?

Ben: that sounds like a good prank on our hands.

Gwen: don't you think it's weird that they won't tell us why this wedding is so important?

Lucy: they haven't told you?

Ben and Gwen shake their heads as Circe looks around for a secluded room while rex decides to head back into the room, now that the door is open, he's getting a bit of reception on his phone. Enough to have some fun.

Lucy: well, this wedding is going to end the human and Lenopan war. If anything interrupts it, then it may cause disaster.

Ben: ok, that sounds like we should back off.

Gwen: wow, you want to back off?

Ben: this is the fate of two worlds. If I learned anything from the Fulmini, vilgax and the surge that we really shouldn't underestimate when something is world threatening.

Gwen: the surge, like that alien you unlocked for a while?

Lucy: that doesn't mean we can't pull a prank on someone.

Ben: and I know just the chimp to pull it on.

Max walks into the building after helping to set up outside where he finds the door was wide open and that Circe, ben and lucy where missing.

Max: where are the other three?

Gwen: ben and lucy went to go and prank Bobo. I have no idea where Circe is, she just kind of shot off after ben opened the door.

Max: I would've thought that rex would've been the one to open the door using his nanites.

Rex: I tried that, but I couldn't reach the machinery on the other side of the wall.

Max: I'm going to go and find the others. Don't go anywhere.

Meanwhile Bobo was just sat watching his show when six walks in.

Bobo: what do you want?

Six: plans have changed, you're coming in for crimes against humanity.

Bobo: in case you forgot I'm not a human.

Six: I know, but you through your "Bobo bombs" at people. I can't just let you off Scott free.

Bobo: all right I'm coming.

Six: Psyche!

Bobo watched as six changed into lucy as her body became a thick mud during the transition.

Ben runs in and they both laugh at Bobo who pulls out his blasters.

Bobo: watch out kid, there's an Evo you're laughing it up with.

Ben: so, she's an alien.

Bobo: there's a species of these things?

Lucy: I just can't believe that the monkey talks from what I've heard there these dumb creatures.

Bobo: look who's talking.

Ben: he's one of those Evos that I explained to you while we were setting this up.

Bobo: how where you able to mimic his voice?

Lucy: ben showed me some clips he filmed on his phone.

Bobo: so, you can mimic people? I can work with this.

Max: none of you are going to be doing anything.

Ben: and we're busted.

While lucy and ben are dragged back to room, Circe finds a secluded room and she texts Kevin to see how he's doing.

Kevin: just waiting for Phil to leave, looks like he's waiting till the last minute to leave.

Circe: we need to speed him up somehow.

Kevin: what am I supposed to do?

Circe: I don't know but when he sets off, let me know.

She gets up and gets a message back from him, almost immediately.

Kevin: he's left. I'm going to use bootleg to get in there

Circe: make sure to take out all of his defenses. I doubt that he'll just leave the helmet on the table.

Kevin sneaks in ad he finds it just in a glass jar, and he lets Circe know.

Kevin: where should I take it?

Circe: take it to my old place in the sewers and I'll meet you there tomorrow.

Kevin: I've got the replacement so let me just put it in.

He takes one of the cosplays forever knight helmets from cos con and he manages to get out with it before returning the security system to how he found it and Circe walked back to the room to find max looking around.

Circe: are you ok max? lost something?

Max: what are you doing out of the room?

Circe: there isn't a toilet in there.

Max face pals as they go back to the room where they find ben as fourarms

She shoots out of the room, leaving her skin on the ground and fourarms picked it up.

Ben: this is all kinds of wrong.

Max: it'll disappear soon enough. Let's just leave it in here and not talk about it.

They leave and ben switches to omni-kix to time out faster and when he does time out the group heads outside to find Phil getting out of his car and they head to watch the vows with ben bearing the rings. That was until they were interrupted by a massive glob of mud being thrown at ben.

Ben: what's the big idea?

They look over to find a Lenopan who was standing on the other side to them, behind all of the chairs and ben doesn't wait a moment changing into Heatblast.

Camille: it's logan.

Ben: who?

Camille: my ex.

Logan: well, I see you rebounded, but that doesn't matter. You know what will happen if you go through with this.

Camille: yeah, lives will be saved.

Logan: on this side, but what about your home? Lenopans are relying on this war to give them the motivation to not just become another stain on the bottom of some other alien's boot.

Ben: I don't know what's going on, but I know that he can take a fire ball.

She shoots the fire ball at logan, and his mud solidified and fell off, his body quickly replenishing it.

Ben: so, I should dry him out right?

However other Lenopans soon show up and surround them.

Ben: how did this wedding suppose supposed to end this war?

Max: it was supposed to show that humans and Lenopans can get along.

Gordan: what do I always say, once a sludge puppy, always a sludge puppy.

Max: don't call them that.

Betty: why not, it's what they are. We tried it your way, this isn't working. It's just put more people in danger.

Gwen: 12 people isn't the whole planet. It's a loud minority but not all of them.

Rex forms his B.F.S and Circe extends out her jaw as they look at the people around them looking shocked at them.

Circe: 12 giant mud monsters show up out of nowhere and you're shocked that Evos are here?

rex: now probably isn't the best time Circe.

Lucy shifts into her humanoid Lenopan form and she forms a hammer on her hand before Camille stops her.

Lucy: this is what I've been training to do. You can't stop me when all of my new friends are fighting them.

Gwen: friends?

Lucy smiles as she tries to charge at them. Heatblast continues to shoot flames at them as he's grabbed by them, and he's knocked away. Knowing he was going to need more fire power he armored into omni-kix Heatblast and he burns them all, drying them out.

Rex: why didn't you do that from the start.

Ben times out and points at the watch being red as the parents of Camille show up combined and attacking.

Camille: you set this all up, didn't you?

Fusion: you don't know what's good for you Camille.

Camille: I know that you've been profiting off of what's been going on.

Joel: I get it, if this wedding fails then you get to keep profiting on the war.

Fusion: do not listen to him.

Lucy manages to break free, and she charges at them, managing to get a good hit in before she's flung back into Circe who has to retract her Evo jaw when they fell. Rex charged at them and max shoots them with his blasters as they change their shape to avoid it.

Gwen: how's the omnitrix looking ben?

Ben: like I need a little longer.

He watches it and waits for the moment it changes back to green and when it does, he changes into shockrock.

Gwen: how is shockrock meant to help here?

Ben: I was going for Heatblast.

Gwen: try shooting your plasma at them. It might dry them out.

Ben nods and shoots off a blue boomerang as the fusion changed its shape and he waited for it to come back around where it hits them in the back and he continues to hit them from there as they eventually start to run out of mud to pull from so they ended the fight as a small mud creature and Camille picks them up.

Max: I'll take them and bring them into custody. Why don't we finish up here?

The pair of Camille and Joel kissed as ben timed out and brought them their rings. The pair putting it on as they decided to stay on earth.

Lucy's mom: do you mind if lucy stays on earth with you guys? You know while we try to help calm everything down. With the plumbers backing off a lot of people did just loose a source of a tone of money.

Camille: we would love to.

Max comes up to the Lenopans and Phil has a hold of the fusion parents.

Max: I'll be back soon; Phil and I are going to just take these two to the plumbers.

The pair drive off in the rustbucket, Bobo still in it but being forgotten about as they drove off.

Carl: I've got even better news. Out home should be good to live back in again.

Joel: do you mind if we live with you guys while we look for a house, just for a little while?

Sandra: I don't see why not. How long do you think you'll be with us?

Joel: a few weeks at the longest.

Carl: that works for us.

Camille: thank you so much. I know we've just dropped it on you an all, but I don't think going back home is safe right now.

Ben: I'll say.

With everything being cleaned up they all head off back for home. Circe still having to meet up with Kevin and lucy staying on earth for a while at least. Knowing that the already growing resistance on her home world was going to only get worse now that the treaty had been officially signed. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

588 29 4
PLOT: Ben has just lost his Feedback transformation from his fight against a corrupted Galvanic Mechamorph Malware, during his summer time at Bellwoo...
368 20 2
After stopping a new enemy that seemed to be a bit odd even for one of Ben's enemies. Although, upon capturing the man who caused so much chaos in Be...
230K 5.9K 47
I don't own Divergent or any of its characters! (I do own the plot)...
9.6K 259 27
Jackolyn skellington future royal advisor of Auradon and future pumpkin queen of Halloween town. When Ben says five kids are coming over from the isl...