To be a Blight

By Tophatauthor

This is the story of a seven year old human orphan who died, then woke up as a baby, a baby that held the nam... More

Prologue
Plunder Blunder
Hideout seekers
I Was a Teenage Abomination
Covention
A Scry for Help
Moonlight Envy
Lost in Language
Understanding Odwin part 1
Understanding Odwin part 2
Adventure in the Elements part 1
Adventure in the Elements part 2
Blight Bonding Day part 1
Blight Bonding Day part 2
Enchanting Grom Fright part 1
Enchanting Grom Fright part 2
Escaping Expulsion part 1
Escaping Expulsion part 2
Through the Woods of Palistrom part 1
Through the Woods of Palistrom part 2
Eclipse Lake part 1
Eclipse Lake part 2
Reaching Out part 1
Reaching Out part 2
Clouds on the Horizon part 1
Clouds on the Horizon part 2
Dark's Tide

The End of the Beginning

2.4K 67 26
By Tophatauthor

I recently realized that Luz having too much versatility with the glyphs book would deny all her achievements and wouldn't have her experiment as much, so the book will only have a few spells and the idea that glyphs can be mixed together. Those spells don't include the spells Luz creates later on like the invisibility glyph.

This way, Luz's achievements and development still exist.

Enjoy.

xxXxx

"Odwin, are you okay?" Asked Amity in concern as she sat in her bed with her leg in a cast "ever since grom, you've been acting a lot more depressed."

"Yeah, I'm fine" said Odwin in a tone so tired, it was clear that he wasn't fine. "How's your leg?"

"As you can see, still broken" deadpanned Amity gesturing towards her broken leg. "Now, what happened with you and Skara? She asked about you after the grudgby match."

"Uhh...nothing at all?" Said Odwin with a nervous smile.

Suddenly, a crystal ball near Amity rung causing the twins to turn to it. Someone was calling and quickly crystal ball auto answered...the caller was Skara.

Not a moment after Odwin saw Skara's face, he panicked and shot a hole through the device causing Amity to glare at him with a disapproving look.

"I'll give you mine." Said Odwin aplogetically as he scratched the back of his head. "Look, can we just not talk about this now? It's...complicated."

Amity stared at him in disappointment before sighing. "Fine, but we're finishing this later got it?"

"Yes, Ma'am" replied Odwin with a salute as he rolled his eyes.

Suddenly, shocking the twins, two people burst into the room without the slightest warning or knock.

"Hello, baby siblings!" Said Emira cheerfully, declaring her and Edric's arrival

"The party has arrived!" Ed chirped while holding party supplies.

"What are you two doing here?" Asked Amity raising a brow in confusion as she crossed her arms

"We've heard that our little siblings have some broken hearts-" said Edric cheerfully

"-and legs" added Emira playfully

"So we're here to lift those spirits up!" Continued Edric cheerfully

"You're depressed about grom too, aren't you?" Deadpanned Odwin causing the older twins to groan.

"Yes" said Emira dejectedly as she flopped unto Amity's bed next to her.

"And since we're all depressed, we thought we could party." Added Edric with a smile

"In my room?" Asked Amity with a frown as she crossed her arms

"Yup, can we do it?" Asked Edric with a smile as he clasped his hands together, begging Amity to let them party with them

"Pretty please." Added Emira, mimicking her twin

"*sigh* just clean the room after you're done." Amity tiredly gave in

"Woohoo!" Cheered Ed before giving everyone a party hat.

Odwin silently stared at the party hat in his hand, wondering if she should join before steeling himself.

"You know what, i need to stop thinking about her anyway." Said Odwin with a determined look as he put on the party hat.

Upon seeing Odwin's reaction, Edric declared

"Let the party start!"

xxXxx

Skara was not feeling very goog

She became depressed ever since Grom. She didn't mean to hurt Odwin, she didn't even know he liked her; she believed SHE was the one clinging onto nothing when she started having a crush on him.

"Ugh, why did i have to just stare at him like an idiot? I should have said something!" Said Skara before flopping into her bed and screaming into the sheets "i need to find a way to get my mind off of him; at least until i can actually talk to him again."

Suddenly, she remembered something that could help her get her mind of her crush.

"Wait, wasn't today the field trip to the emperor's castle?" Skara asked herself as she sat on her bed "maybe it'd be a nice breather."

Skara took a deep breath and decided to head to school to go to the emperor's castle.

There, she found something that might just help her make up with Odwin.

xxXxx

"Luz, what are you doing here? I thought with being the owl lady's apprentice and everything, you'd hate it there." Asked Skara skeptically while raising a brow.

Upon hearing Skara's question, Luz suddenly got nervous and hid something behind her back.

The two were now still in front of Hexside waiting for the trip to begin and Skara was weirded by Luz's choice to go on a trip to her enemy's lair.

"Oh, i was just, uh, interested in it's great history?" Said Luz with a shrug

Suddenly, Gus joined the conversation.

"Absolutely! We were just talking about this" Gus quickly interrupted with a leaflet for the trip, unintentionally causing Luz to sigh in relief "the emperor's castle has many powerful relics, like an orb from the oracle coven which can show you your best self! And hey, you might like this one: the golden harp."

Skara took the leaflet and saw the relic, a golden harp. She stared at it's powers and abilities for a very uncomfortable amount of time. One of the harp's powers is to clear one's mind and calm them down.

Skara thought she could play it for just enough time for Odwin to not disappear when he sees her. That way, she could talk to him without the harp brainwashing him or something if it could do that.

"Uhm, are you okay?" Asked Willow in concern staring at Skara's paralyzed figure

Skara didn't answer and continued staring at the golden harp, still formulating a plan to fix everything with Odwin.

"I think she's broken." Said Gus narrowing his eyes with a hand on his chin. Soon, he decided to wake her up by poking her.

"Aaaah!" Skara screamed in surprise only to see Gus and Willow confused faces "oh sorry, i zoned out for a bit...heheh."

As Gus and Willow shrugged, Skara began crafting a plan much like Luz. It was time to steal some relics.

xxXxx

"I'm still confused as to how you managed to sneak cake in here." Asked Amity in confusion as she ate her share of the cake

"Yeah" added Odwin "I'm pretty sure mom would notice something this big even if it was hidden with illusion magic"

"Trade secret, dear siblings" chirped Emira sitting on the floor with Ed and Od as she ate a piece of cake

"Definitely didn't sneak it in with dad's stuff." Added Edric prompting Emira to playfully elbow him to the side.

Odwin was...not surprised. "Dad should really pay more attention to-...well, just in general" he commented

"Hey, don't say that!" Emira said in joking anger

"Yeah, how else are we gonna sneak stuff in for parties like this?" Added Edric crossing his arms.

Amity and Odwin stared at each other upon hearing that and shrugged in union.

"Well, now that we're full, who wants to spy on the trip to the emperor's castle?" Asked Edric nonchalantly

"Uh, what?" Asked Odwin in confusion

"Excuse me?" Asked Amity in equal confusion

"We were digging through our old stuff and found one of Odwin's first journals that we stole a few years back" Edric continued with a care in the world, warning frowns from Od and Am "And inside, there was this all seeing eye spell, made by someone called E.B, inside."

"Absolutely not!" Amity firmly said "we could get in trouble!"

Odwin nodded in agreement before continuing "AND the emperor might be able to tell if someone was spying on the castle with a spell. Trust me, i know that."

Ed and Em's respect for Odwin grew after hearing that, believing that he has tried to spy on the emperor and nearly got caught. There was no way for them to know HOW he actually knew.

"Is there no way to get around it?" Asked Ed curiously

Odwin was about to say no before he abruptly paused, realizing he could probably do it and it would be an insult to his obsession with magic to admit he couldn't.

But before he could say anything, his siblings took his sudden pause as a yes, he could.

"How long would it take?" Asked Emira with a mischievous grin

Odwin didn't even know why he agreed to spying on Hexside's trip to the castle, yet he gathered everything needed to peek as much as he wants much to Amity's dismay.

"We can use Minerva's power coupled with Ed and Em's memories of the castle when they went on the field trip to display a clear look into it on this crystal ball." Said Odwin calmly as he set down a crystal ball on the ground "also, Minerva has near immunity to this type of magic so forcing this thing like we're doing right now might break this crystal into a thousand pieces by the end of this"

"Odwin, you just broke one today." Said Amity with a frown

"I have spares. It's fine." Said Odwin as he concentrated on making everything by drawing overlapping magic circles in the air to create an elaborate set up.

Amity was worried for Odwin. She believed he was going through this to distract himself from his problems with Skara (which is why she even allowed this to happen) and while it isn't too bad at the moment, she was afraid he'd do something much more stupid if this wasn't dealt with.

"Okay, i think i got it." Said Odwin as he finally activated the magic.

The crystal ball soon began displaying the students in the field trip inside the castle.

The first thing Ed and Em noticed was Luz.

"Wait, is that Luz?" Emira asked in confusion, surprising Amity who thought she wouldn't go.

"Let me see" said Edric as he picked up the crystal ball "yup, that's her"

Minerva chirped in agreement.

"What is she doing there?!" Said Amity worriedly as her head snapped in the orb's direction. She almost jumped out of her bed while her cast was still on "the emperor's coven could be looking for her!"

"I think i see Skara with her." Added Edric as he continued watching causing Odwin to squeak before hiding behind Amity's bed. "I think Skara is saying 'you too?'"

"I think they're talking about what they're doing there." Commented Emira

"What else?" Amity demanded

Edric immediately began reading their lips further.

"Luz's saying something something curse 'i need the healing hat-'" said Edric before Odwin snatched the crystal for him "hey!"

"Odwin, what are you-"

Odwin didn't reply and immediately made a barrier around the crystal ball as it began cracking.

Before another word could be said, the orb exploded into pieces.

"Oh right, explosion into a thousand pieces" said Edric, paralyzed from shock "that would've been bad for my eyes at point blank range."

"That would've been bad for your whole body, Ed" commented Odwin, also in shock at how close that was. "Phew"

"Let's hope mom didn't hear that." Said Emira

Then, after a short pregnant pause from the near death experience, Emira chose to break the silence and ask.

"So, what were they talking about?"

xxXxx

After explaining everything, everyone went silent; until Emira, once again, took the lead and spoke.

"Okay" said Emira after taking a deep breath "Luz is at the emperor's castle trying to STEAL A RELIC so she could heal a curse the owl lady has."

Odwin nodded slowly, sitting on the floor of Amity's room.

"She'll be okay, right?" Asked Amity worriedly

"Of course. She'll be fine." Said Odwin reassuringly. He knew Luz was already powerful and with his glyph book, which despite not having many spells, is enough so she shouldn't lose to anything under Lilith even with Skara in the equation.

"C'mon, Am, she's tougher than that. Don't forget you and her beat grom of all things." Added Emira cheerfully

"I'm still worried." Said Amity dejectedly "this is emperor's castle we're talking about."

"Well, it's not like we can just bust in there like we own the place" said Edric calmly, earning odd looks from his siblings "what? Did i say something weird?" He said in confusion.

"It's still SO weird seeing you be the voice of reason." Said Amity shivering at situation

"Cryptic wise old man words doing their magic" said Edric with a wink and some finger guns

"Not sure that's how it works, Ed" said Odwin with a disgusted look "anyway, all we can do is just wait and hope everything turns out alright."

Amity sighed and stared at the ceiling.

"Maybe you're right. Everything is-

xxXxx

"-not fine!"

"The owl lady is to be petrified at sundown!" The emperor's assistant, Kikimora, announced on the crystal ball

"This is not good, right?" Asked Edric as he stared at the crystal ball.

"No, Ed, it is not" said Emira staring wide eyed at the crystal ball

"How did this happen?" Asked Amity with a frown as she held the crystal ball.

Odwin only frowned as he couldn't come up with a way to answer this question without making things more complicated. Though, that reaction further agitated Amity. But knowing that she couldn't do anything she forced herself to calm down and watch with a stoic look.

The Blights all sat in Amity's room and waited with bated breath for some news.

They didn't expect it to come in the shape of a gray haired girl jumping through one of their windows.

xxXxx

"This is bad" Odwin whispered to himself as he hid from Skara under Amity's bed.

"Look, i just wanna talk to him." Said Skara sounding desperate

"Well, he's sorta-" Emira tried to help Odwin hide before Skara cut her off.

"i-i didn't mean to hurt his feelings! It was an accident!" Continued Skara tearing up a little

"Uhm, what?" Asked Edric in confusion.

"I don't care if he hates me because of what happened with Grom, but right-"

"Whoa, slow down, we don't even know exactly what happened." Said Emira raising a brow

"Well....Grom showed Odwin me making fun of him for having a crush on me and i couldn't say anything and now he hates me because he thinks I hate me...i mean him" Skara said dejectedly before slumping with her back to a wall "ugh"

Emira seeing this as an opportunity smiled mischievously and sat next to Skara "tell me about it."

Ed quickly picked up on what Emira was trying to do and sat next to her. Amity, on the other hand, stopped caring since she knew that she couldn't do anything to stop this.

"Like, how was i supposed to react to learning that my crush has a crush on me in the form of an evil me?! I just stopd there and stared like an idiot while he, like an idiot, thought i would hate him because of it." Skara ranted tiredly "but that's not why I'm here. It's fine if he hates me now, but i need his help on what to do with the whole petrification thing."

"What do you mean?" Amity inquired curiously

"C'mon, you know Luz is gonna try to bust the place. But i don't know what i should do! It's way too risky to just go and start firing at coven scouts like- you know, actually, that might not be a bad idea."

Odwin, upon hearing the last sentence, got out from his hiding spot immediately and yelled "No!" Surprising everyone in the room.

"Oh...you were here the whole time...and you heard everything." Said Skara in realization "can i bury myself in your yard?"

"...uhh *cough*, look, we can work this whole thing out later." Said Odwin trying to push the day he'd have to talk about his feelings further "we have another problem right now."

"Boo!" Emira let out jokingly

Skara nodded in acknowledgement, agreeing to talking about the whole crush thing later as Odwin glared at his older sister.

Odwin took a deep breath and spoke "It wouldn't be a good idea to attack the castle with Luz. I know it sounds cruel, but we're not in a place where we can act as freely as her." He said calmly, knowing what's going to happen beforehand.

Amity had a grim look on her face as the room descended into silence.

Odwin didn't want to just sit down, but the risk of going out and fighting Belos outweighed the possibility meaningless reward.

But it was at that moment Odwin had an idea.

"BUT!" Said Odwin, gaining everyone's attention "there's one thing we can do."

"What is it?" Asked Amity curiously

Odwin didn't reply and instead turned to his older siblings.

"Ed, Em, it's time we put your mischief experience to the test."

Ed and Em smiled knowing that this might end up being fun.

Meanwhile, Odwin knew he shouldn't interfere too openly or else he'd endanger his family and friends.

But that did not mean he couldn't make this ceremony as terrible a day for Belos and his coven as possible.

xxXxx

The plan was simple: the citizens of the boiling isles did not want to see Eda petrified, that was a fact.

Taking advantage of this, Ed and Em are to rile the crowd up at the right moment. Skara's job was to give their illusions power and depth.

Odwin was to block Belos's possible omniscience around the area should he try to find out who they were while playing a role similar to Skara's.

Amity's job was lookout using one of Odwin's crystal balls (mostly because they didn't want to leave her out of the plan).

And so, with everything ready, the Blights and Skara got into place and waited.

"And in a shocking turn of events, head coven leader Lilith is now in the holding cage escorted by what appears to be a deranged cat" said Perry Porter, the reporter and Gus's father, live for everyone to hear.

"Oof, this is escalating fast" said Edric, who was wearing a cloak to his his face, as he stared at Eda in her beast form inside the cage

"Yeah, let's hope Odwin's signal appears soon." Replied Emira wearing a cloak to his her face before noticing Luz's friends with the reporter. "Is that-"

"What's happening to Eda isn't right. She might not always follow the rules, but she hasn't done anything worthy of a petrification!" Said Willow after taking the microphone from Gus's father.

Ed and Em smiled as the people of Bonesborough began reciting their encounters with Eda and how she helped them and soon Willow spoke, prompting them to get ready to work.

"The emperor should let Eda go!"

"Let Eda go!" Gus chanted and everyone followed.

Edric began drawing the magic circle, believing it was time, but before he could finish Odwin caught him by the arm.

"Not yet" said Odwin hiding his face with a cloak "if we do it now, everyone would look like barbarians. Just wait a few seconds."

Skara, who was next to Odwin, nodded as well as Ed and Em. They all waited until Eda was hit with the petrification beam and then they began.

Edric created a faux civilian whose face was partially hidden to justify no one knowing them as per Odwin's request.

Then, Skara pulled out a violin and fired one blast at a random EC scout near the petrification statue while Emira changed the noise and shape to make it look like a fireball.

Together, it gave the illusion of an unknown witch who attacked in frustration by the unjust petrification who yelled "Let the owl lady go!" Angrily

And just like Gus demonstrated a minute ago, all people need to act is one piece to make them fall like dominos.

Immediately, chaos ensued. Things were being thrown left and right. Someone even managed to nail Kikimora with a brick they took off the ground.

Eventually, they managed to even break the petrification device enough to stop it.

"We did our job, let's go." Said Odwin as he began leaving

"Oh C'mon, Odwin. Can't we stay a little longer?" Asked Emira cheerfully, enjoying the chaos they caused together.

"Yeah." Added Edric

"No, we can't be here for too long. I'll give you a crystal ball on the way, let's go." Said Odwin with a frown

Ed and Em whined, but still agreed with Odwin and they all left the conformatorium.

xxXxx

"I still can't believe we caused all of that" said Edric happily as he watched the event unfold on a crystal ball.

"Wait, is that Luz?" Asked Emira as she saw Eda take off with Luz, Lilith and King on her back.

"Looks like she made it out just fine" said Skara with a smile before turning to Odwin "uhm Odwin, about the whole grom thing-"

"I thought we agreed to talk about it later." Said Odwin, hinting that he REALLY wasn't prepared to talk about it at the moment.

"I-i know. I just wanted to say thank you for not hating me after the whole thing."

"Eh, it's fine. It was all because i acted a little too dramatic. If I'd waited a little longer, this situation wouldn't have happened."

"Yeah, for a mind reader, you're pretty bad at reading the room" Emira interrupted cheerfully, causing Odwin to frown

"I won't deny that" added Skara with a smile

"Har har, anyone else want to agree?"  Asked Odwin sarcastically

"Ooh, me! Me!" Answered Edric happily

It wasn't long before the four started laughing together and went back home.

All in all, it wasn't a bad day and they didn't know that due to Odwin's blocking of the emperor's home omniscience, a brave wild witch managed hit him with a with a tomato before escaping the scene.

xxXxx

Tell me how i did. Leave a review.

Toodles.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 137 28
Nearly a decade after the fall of Belos, Luz, Amity, and Boscha are in for their biggest challenge yet... starting a family. Co-Written by MrHardcor3...
119K 3.2K 23
When Luz returns to the Boiling Isles, her feelings towards her best friend, top student Amity Blight, haven't changed. But both are too afraid to co...
18.3K 812 14
"𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘐'𝘮 𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵~ 𝘜𝘱𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘰𝘭𝘦𝘶𝘮 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥, 𝘐'𝘮 𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘣...
5.5K 204 22
Have you ever come accorss a character that leaves you wondering how they got to this point in their life? Have they always been this way or was ther...