The Girl Who Lived // Wizardi...

By suspiciousmuggles

☆•After the infamous attack of Lord Voldemort on Jordan's parents, Lily and James Potter, she is separated fr... More

The Beginning ~ Y1
Platform 9 3/4 ~ Y1
First Year ~ Y1
A/n
Owls and The Burrow ~ Y2
Birthday Surprises ~ Y2
Diagon Alley ~ Y2
Second Year ~ Y2
A/n
Hagrid's Letter ~ Y3
The Train ~ Y3
Harry's Sorting ~ Y3
Third Floor Corridor ~ Y3
The Troll in the Girl's Bathroom ~ Y3
The Mirror ~ Y3
Nicolas Flamel ~ Y3
Through the Trapdoor ~ Y3
The Sorcerers Stone ~ Y3
Love ~ Y3
A/N
The House Elf on my Bed ~ Y4
Lockheart ~ Y4
Ron's Howler ~ Y4
Voices ~ Y4
Bloody Bludger ~ Y4
Snake Language ~ Y4

Reunited ~ Y3

10 0 0
By suspiciousmuggles

It's the morning of June 30th. I get ready for the day, more excited than I have ever been in my life. I put my hair up in a ponytail and put on my black jeans and my favorite grey Hogwarts sweater. Hagrid said something like dress warm. 

I wait all day for Hagrid to get me. He never specified when, so I got ready as soon as I woke up. It's starting to get late and I begin to worry as the sunsets.

I perk up when I hear what sounds like a motorcycle coming down the street. I rush to the window and see Hagrid pull up in a very large bike. I kiss Tom and Susan goodbye as I rush outside.

I hug Hagrid as he smiles at me.

"All right Jordan?" he asks. I nod excitedly. He shows me where to sit in the little car attached to the side of the motorcycle.

"Hold on," he says as he starts the bike. He starts it and pushes on the handlebar. The motorcycle takes off from the ground and high into the sky. I look down on London as we fly over it.

We start getting to the coast and we land by a beach. 

"Hagrid why are we here?" I ask.

"Dunno, this is where we was told to go. Dumbledore said there was trouble with the muggles," he replies. I nod as I get out. I follow him to a dock and he gets into a boat. The sun has set completely and the rain and wind are coming down hard.

Hagrid leads me over to a boat and we get in. He uses his umbrella to propel the boat forward. We crash against the waves and I eventually see a shack on an island come into view.

We reach the island and Hagrid brings the boat onto the shore. We walk to the door and Hagrid starts to break the door down.

"Hagrid!" I exclaim. He doesn't hear me. The door falls dor with a thump and he steps inside. I follow him in and let my eyes adjust to the darkroom.

"Sorry about that," Hagrid says lifting the door up. I turn to see what must be my Aunt and Uncle shivering on the stairs. My uncle is holding a riffle.

"I demand that you leave at once! You are breaking an entry!" The pudgy man says. Hagrid walks over to him.

"Dry up Dursley you great prune," Hagrid says while taking the neck of the riffle and bending it upward. The gun fires into the ceiling. Hagrid walks away satisfied. I turn to see a fat boy in the corner shaking with fear. That can't be Harry.

"Boy I haven't seen you since you were a baby 'arry, but yer a bit more along that I have expected particularly in the middle," Hagrid says to the boy.

"I - I - I'm not Harry," he stutters.

"I am."

I turn to see a boy, with jet black hair, green eyes, and a lightning scar on his head.

"Harry," I whisper. I set forward and he sees me, confused.

"Well of course you are!" Hagrid says, also noticing him. "Got something for yer. 'Afraid I might have sat on it at some point! I imagine that it'll taste fine just the same. Ahh. Baked it myself. Words and all. Heh." Hagrid hands him a small white box. Harry opens it to reveal a cake, clearly baked by Hagrid.

"Thank you," he says looking at him.

"It's not every day that your young man turns eleven, now is it aye?" Hagrid says sitting on the couch. He pulls out the umbrella and points it in the fireplace. Sparks fly from the tip of the umbrella, starting a fire. Harry looks at the fire with wide eyes. I giggle a little.

"Excuse me, who are you?" Harry asks us, setting the cake down.

"Harry," I say walking towards him. He looks at me. "Harry I'm your sister." He looks at me in shock. I walk up and hug him. he hesitantly hugs me back.

"Rubeus Hagrid. Keeper of keys and grounds at Hogwarts. Course, you'll know all about Hogwarts," Hagrid says. He and Harry break apart. I can see the confusion on his face.

"Sorry, no," he says.

"No? Blimey, Harry, didn't you ever wonder where your mum and dad learned it all?" Hagrid asks. "Where Jordan learned it?" he asks gesturing to me.

"Learned what?"

"Yer a wizard Harry," Hagrid says with a smile. I turn and look at Harry's shocked face.

"I-I'm a what?"

"A wizard. And a thumping good one at that, I'd wager. Once you train up a little," Hagrid chuckles.

"No, you've made a mistake. I can't be...a-a wizard. I mean, I'm just... Harry. Just Harry."

"Well, just Harry. Did you ever make anything happen? Anything you couldn't explain when you were angry or scared?" I ask him, smiling. He thinks for a minute and then looks at me.

"Ah," Hagrid exclaims. He pulls out a Hogwarts letter and hands it to Harry. He looks eager as he opens it.

"Dear, Mr. Potter. We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts' School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!" Harry reads.

"He'll not be going! We swore when we took him in, we'd put a stop to this rubbish!" My Uncle says to hagrid.

"You knew? You knew all along and you never told me?" Harry exclaims at our Aunt and Uncle.

"Of course, we knew. How could you not be? My perfect sister being who she was. Oh, my mother and father were so proud the day she got her letter. We have a witch in the family. Isn't it wonderful? I was the only one to see her for what she was. A freak! And then she met that Potter, and then she had you and Jordan, and I knew you two be just the same, just as strange, just as ... abnormal. And then, if you please, she went and got herself blown up. And we got landed with you," Aunt Petunia explains.

"Blown up? You told me my parents died in a car crash! And you never told me I had a sister," Harry yells.

"A car crash? A car crash kill James and Lily Potter?" Hagrid yells.

"We had to tell him something," the woman says.

" It's an outrage! It's a scandal!"

"He'll not be going!" Uncle Vernon says.

"Oh, and I suppose a great Muggle like yourself's going to stop him, are you?" Hagrid taunts.

"Muggle?" Harry asks questionably.

"Non-magic people," I explain. Harry nods in understanding.

"This boy and his sister have had their name down ever since he was born!  He's going to the finest school of witchcraft and wizardry in the world, and he'll be under the finest headmaster that Hogwarts has ever seen: Albus Dumbledore," Hagrid yells at the Dursley. I see Harry smile at the mention of Dumbledore's name. I smile as well.

"I will not pay for some crackpot old fool to teach him magic tricks!" Vernon yells. Hagrid points his umbrella at him. He backs away in fear.

"Never, insult Albus Dumbledore, in front of me," he whispers dangerously. I see Hagrids eyes dart to the side and he raises the umbrella and points it at Dudley. A pigtail appears and his rear and he starts screaming. Petunia and Vernon chase him while screaming and me and Harry laugh watching our cousin struggle.

"Oh, um, I'd appreciate if you didn't tell anyone at Hogwarts about that. Strictly speaking, I'm not allowed to do magic, Hagrid tells Harry sheepishly.

"Ok," Harry says.

"Ooh, we're a bit behind schedule. Best be off. Unless you'd rather stay, of course. Hmm?" Hagrid says as he pulls down the door. I follow him and turn to Harry. Harry looks at the Dursleys, still screaming, and he follows us out.

Hagrid takes us back to the boat and we get in it. The storm starts to calm down a little and I explain everything to Harry, minus the part about how our parents died. Harry was upset when he learned I wasn't allowed to live with him and I had a better childhood.

We get back to the mainland and the motorcycle has disappeared. Hagrid leads us to the nearest bus stop and we wait. He gets stares on the bus from others but he doesn't mind. 

We arrive in London and Hagrid starts to lead us towards the Leaky Cauldron.

"All students must be equipped with...one standard size two pewter cauldron and may bring if they desire either an owl, a cat, or a toad. Could we find all this in London?" Harry asks us, reading from the list of supplies.

"If you know where to go," Hagrid says. He opens the door for me and Harry to the Leaky Cauldron.

"Ah, Hagrid! The usual, I presume?" the bartender asks as Hagrid steps inside.

"No thanks, Tom. I'm on official Hogwarts business today. Just helping young Harry here buy his school supplies," Hagrid explains.

"Bless my soul. It's Harry and Jordan Potter.

The pub goes silent as all the whiches and wizards notice me and Harry.

"Welcome back, Mr. and Ms. Potter, welcome back," a man says shaking both of our hands as Hagrid leads us through the pub.

"Doris Crockford, I can't believe I'm meeting you two at last."

"Harry P-potter.  J-Jordan. C-can't tell you how pleased I am to meet you," a stuttering man says as we reach the end of the pub.

"Hello, Professor. I didn't see you there. Harry, this is Professor Quirrell. He'll be your Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts," Hagrid says. 

"Oh, nice to meet you," Harry says holding out his hand. Quirrell looks at it but doesn't shake. Strange.

"F-fearfully fascinating subject. N-not that you need it, e-eh, Potter? Hehe," Quirrell stutters.

" Yes, well, must be going now. Lots to buy. Heh," Hagrid announces.

"Goodbye," I say to the Professor. He gives a gentle wave goodbye. Hagrid leads us out the door to the wall where you enter Diagon Alley.

"See, Harry, you guys are famous!" Hagrid says.

"But why am I famous, Hagrid? All those people back there, how is it they know who me and Jordan are?" Harry asks Hagrid. He sighs.

"I'm not exactly sure I'm the right person to tell you that, Harry," he says. I take out my wand and Harry watches in amazement as I tap the bricks. The wall unfolds to reveal the alley.

"Welcome, Harry, to Diagon Alley," Hagrid says. I watch Harry as he looks around and takes in everything. Me and Harry follow Hagrid through the crowded streets.

"It's a world-class racing broom. Look at it, it's the new Nimbus 2000! It's the fastest model yet," a boy says. I look over to see the boys admiring the newest broom. Harry looks in wonder.

"Broomsticks?" he asks me. I nod excitedly.

"But, Hagrid, how am I to pay for all this? I haven't any money," Harry says to the giant.

"Well, there's your money, Harry. Gringotts, the Wizard Bank. T'aint no place safer, 'cept perhaps Hogwarts," he explains pointing to the tall white building. Hagrid leads us inside.

"Uh, Hagrid, what exactly are these things?" he asks looking at the strange creatures.

"They're goblins, Harry. Clever as they come goblins, but not the most friendly of beasts. Best stick close to me and Jordan," Hagrid says. Harry walks a little closer to me. We are led over to a tall desk where a goblin is writing. Hagrid clears his throat and the goblin looks up.

"Mr. Harry Potter and Ms. Jordan Potter wish to make a withdrawal," Hagrid says. The goblin peers down to look at me and Harry.

"And do the Potters have their key?" he asks.

"Right here," I say pulling it out of my pocket and setting it on the desk. The goblin nods.

"Oh, and there's something else as well. Professor Dumbledore gave me this. It's about you-know-what in vault you-know-which," Hagrid whispers while he hands the goblin a note tied in string labeled "Top Secret."

"Very well," the goblin says taking the letter. Another goblin shows up and takes us to where we board the cars. We get in and we sped down under London.

"Vault 687. Lamp, please," the goblin squeaks as we reach our vault. Hagrid hands him the lamp. He waddles over to the keyhole and asks for the key. I hand it to him and he unlocks our vault. Harry stares in awe at the piles and piles of gold coins.

"Didn't think your mum and dad would leave you with nothing now, did ya?" Hagrid chuckles. Me and Harry collect some money and follow the goblin down to a new vault.

"Vault 713," the goblin announces as we reach a new vault.

"What's in there Hagrid?" I ask.

"Can't tell you. It's Hogwarts business. Very secret."

"Stand back," the goblin orders. We obey and watch and he drags his pointy finger down the vault. It unlocks and opens. All that is in the vault is a small round package. Hagrid grabs it and turns to us. He places it in his coat.

"Best not mention this to anyone you two," he says patting the spot in his coat where he put it. Me and Harry nod. We get back in the car and the goblin takes us back up.

We spend the next 30 minutes collecting the needed supplies. I also get my supplies with Harry.

"I still need.... a wand," Harry says reading from the list.

"A wand?  Well, you'll want Ollivanders. No place better. Run along there, but wait. I just got one more thing I got to do. Won't be long," Hagrid says. I led harry into the store and we set our packages down.

"Hello?" I say. I turn to see Mr. Olivander on his sliding ladder.

"I wondered when I'd be seeing you, Mr. Potter. It seems only yesterday that your mother and father were in here buying their first wands. Hello, Jordan.  Ah. Here we are," the old man says as he hands Harry a wand. Harry takes it but does nothing. "Well give it a wave." 

Harry points his wand in no particular direction. Wand boxes shoot out of their spot and onto the floor. Harry steps back shocked but Mr. Olivander just shakes his head.

"Apparently not," he says. He wanders off and grabs another wand. "Try this," he says handing it to Harry. He waves it and the vase on the counter explodes. Harry grins as he sets the wand on the desk. "No, no, definitely not! No matter..."

Mr. Olivander pauses as he picks up a new wand. "I wonder," he says. He comes back and hands the wand to Harry.

No sooner after he touched it, Harry suddenly glows under it, blowing his hair up and several of the paperwork in the background. Ollivander looked a bit surprised and deep in thought.

"Curious. Very curious," he says.

"I'm sorry, but what's curious," Harry asks.

"I remember every wand I've ever sold, Mr. Potter. It just so happens that the phoenix, whose tail feather resides in your wand gave one other feather, just one. It is curious that you should be destined for this wand when its brother gave you that scar," he explains pointing to Harry's scar. Harry's eyes widen.

"And who owned that wand?"

"Oh, we do not speak his name. The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter. It's not always clear why, but I think it is clear that we can expect great things from you. After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things...terrible, yes, but great."

 He takes the wand from Harry and packages it up. Harry pays and looks out the window when we hear a tapping noise. It's Hagrid, holding a white owl in a cage.

"Harry! Harry! Happy birthday!"

"Wow," Harry says looking at the owl.

~

We stop for lunch in the leaky cauldron. Me and Harry are quiet after what happened in Mr. Olivanders.

"You all right you two? You seem very quiet," Hagrid says.

"He killed my parents, didn't he? The one who gave me this. You know, Hagrid, I know you do. And Jordan. You know two," Harry says looking at us. Hagrid sighs and looks at me.

"First, and understand this, Harry, 'cause it's very important. Not all wizards are good. Some of them go bad. A few years ago, there was one wizard who went as bad as you can go. And his name was V-...his name was V-..."

"Maybe if you wrote it down," Harry suggests.

"Nah I can't spell it," he says. "All right. Voldemort."

"Voldemort?" Harry says loudly.

"It was dark times, Harry, dark times. Voldemort started to gather some followers, brought 'em over to the dark side. Anyone that stood up to him ended up dead. Your parents fought against him, but nobody lived once he decided to kill 'em. Nobody...not one. 'Cept you and Jordan," Hagrid explains.

"Us? Voldemort tried to kill... us?"

"Yes. That ain't no ordinary cut on your forehead, Harry. A mark like that only comes from being touched by a curse...and an evil curse at that."

"What happened to...to You-Know-Who?" I ask.

"Well, some say he died. Codswallop in my opinion. Nope, I reckon he's out there, still, too tired to carry on. But one thing's absolutely certain. Something about you two stumped him that night. That's why you're famous. That's why everybody knows your name. You're the boy and the girl who lived."

~

Hagrid took Harry back to the Dursleys. I gave Harry a hug goodbye and told him I would see him very soon. Hagrid took me home after that and I also hugged him goodbye.

I went to bed that night, the happiest I had been in a while. I sent a letter to Dumbledore, thanking him for letting me go with Hagrid. That night as I lay in bed, I thought of Harry, vault 713, Ollivander's shop, and the story Hagrid told us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 84 35
A lot of things are different from the books or even the movies in this fanfiction; you'll have to read to find out how much The basic gist of it is...
5.5K 85 17
Story = completed ✅ Marie is a happy, sweet and slightly shy girl that is in her seventh year at Hogwarts. Voldemort is rising to power, Snape has a...
14.6K 438 11
Annalise Potter has just moved to London and has been thrust into the spotlight. At Ilvermorny she was just Anna, a third year in the Wampus house. A...
59.5K 1.8K 52
After her parents deaths, Genevieve Grindelwald is raised by her uncle Gellert. But Gellert Grindelwald has no time for children, as he is trying to...