Dream

By Minnsta

"Oh, no." He sighed, cupping my tear stained face in his hands, "No, no. Don't cry." I was unable to tear my... More

Midnight Club
First Encounter
We Meet Again
Night Out (1)
Night Out (2)
Night Out (3)
My Capture
Trapped
Comfortability
Beginning of Fear
Realization
Paralyzed
In the Eyes of Kieran
Impulsiveness
I Can Be Bold Too
Search and No Rescue
Weak
Kieran's Fate
Panic
Conflict
Uninvited Guests
Baby Steps
A Flash of Hope
A Change of Scenery
Mistakes
Growth
Passion
Nothing Lasts for Forever
The Bathroom (1)
The Bathroom (2)
Family Reunion
Drifting
Is It Forgiveness?
A New Kind of Light
Melancholy
Warning
Blind Insight
The Main Event (Kieran)
The Main Event (Suriah)
Freed From the Devil
A Delusional Dream
Note
Extra One
Extra Two

The Very Beginning

6.3K 177 20
By Minnsta

About 6 months ago

Suriah went by the nickname Noor. She was given the name by her manager at the club she works at. Its meaning being glow or light and Gods Fire. I don't know why he picked that name for her but I could see how it suits her. Though, this was after I even heard of her.

In a day I wake up early, workout some days, shower and get ready, lounge and then eat breakfast, once it's time to leave I do whilst listening to important parts of the agenda of my day. I was always busy with new projects, project proposals, unifying companies, driving profitability, managing company organizational structure, meetings and so on. On the side though, I like to play around a little just because living life the same way every single day has become a bore.

I had three meetings that
specific day which went on till around noon, maybe 1-ish. Now I sat in my office looking through some files as I tapped my foot when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in," I called.

My assistant walked in, "Sir, Mr. Callow is here to see you,".

"Let him in," I said.

My assistant left and not long after Daren Callow walked into my office with his "assistant" beside him. He was large and bulky, light brown hair, always wore sunglasses no matter how dark it was, he wore gray suits and smoked way too much. A waste of space honestly.

    Callow is disgusting, inside and out. I personally would never get involved with him but this was the exception since I rarely had to see him. Callow, a man who thought he could get whatever he wanted was a meer bug in my eyes, a parasite more like it. Though, I did not care enough about him to judge him.

"Good afternoon Mr. Knight," He greeted as he walked inside, "Lookin' sharp as always,".

My eyes lifted from the papers and locked onto Callow. Cigarettes, disgusting. He sat down, making himself comfortable in my office as his eyes wandered around obviously admiring my scenery. He looks like a whale out of water.

My office exclusive, no one ever came up without access or if I let them in. My assistant being the exception. Very modernized office that varied only between grays, black, white and navy blues with a scenic view of the city.

I set the papers down, "You needed to see me?".

"Ah yes," He grabbed the suitcase from the other man and grabbed a set of papers, throwing them onto my desk, "I thought you'd be interested in this,".

I slowly looked down at the papers before reaching out to grab them. Another launder problem, nothing unusual.

"Why would I? It's the same as everything else," Before I could set them down he interrupted me.

"Read them,".

I sighed and pursed my lips as I scanned through the papers. Woman in her 50's owes about 200K, went off grid and was found dead. Debt was supposed to go to the father but he's dead too, now it falls onto their only child. I flipped the paper. Suriah Moon, 23, 5'2, works as a bartender at Midnight club. Oh? My club? She's completely unaware of the burden that's fallen on her.
    I flipped the page one last time to see her picture. Black straight hair, bangs, round dark brown eyes, button nose, plump lips and an overall soft structure.

"I thought I'd show you before my guys handle this situation," Callow said.

I lifted my eyes, "Your guys?".

"Yeah, we'll handle her," He said in a strangely nasty tone.

"Why?"

He chuckled, "It should be fun,".

I clenched my jaw and sighed as I stood up from my seat and fixed my suit, "I don't think so,".

"Excuse me?" He snapped.

I walked around the desk and leaned against the front, "You heard me, don't handle this one. I will,".

He snatched the cigarette from his mouth, "This is my business, I'll handle whichever case I want. If it weren't for me you wouldn't be here, I was the one who let you in on this shit, ".

I tossed my head back, narrowing my bored eyes at him as I raised my eyebrow, "Are you done?".

He clenched his jaw and puckered his nasty lips.

"I'll have you know, without me your business would have crippled years ago. I am the very life support of this organization therefore this is my business, you are only the image. Sure you can do whatever you want but at the end of the day I make the decisions," I explained to him, watching his furious face in entertainment.

"Mr. Callow, let me remind you that this client," I said as I grabbed the files and waved it in his face, "Works in my club. If something were to happen at my club, that wouldn't be good would it? I wouldn't be very happy with you,".

I tilted my head down placing my hands in my pockets pinning him down with my menacing leer, he was trying to fight me back and behind his own furious eyes was a glaze of fear. I smiled and sighed. Callow looked away and puffed on the cigarette anxiously.

I stepped forward, grabbed the cigarette out of his mouth, walked back behind my desk and sat down, "I hope you understand what I'm saying. Don't mess around with my things. Yeah?".

He pursed his lips in a frown, clenched his hands around the arms of the chair and pushed himself up.

"Please don't smoke in the building anymore, Mr. Callow," I smiled.

"Of course, Mr. Knight," He pushed through his grinded teeth.

He turned around, stomping his way out. I rolled my eyes and stared at the file before I finally reached out to grab it. Suriah, interesting. She's pretty. It wouldn't be bad to handle this myself anyways since I haven't done this in a while. Besides I know Callow would fuck up my image doing his "cleaning" the way he does. I sighed and tossed the file down. I clicked the button that reached my assistant.

He came in instantly, "Yes Mr. Knight?".

"Find her in the system and let me know what you find," I instructed as I extended the file out.

"Yes Mr. Knight,".

"Oh!" I called before he left, "Get me her schedule too,".

"Of course," He answered.

***

The day went on regularly, I completed most of what I was supposed to do but of course the other business partners of mine loved to talk on and on about the most useless topics causing me to have to rearrange my schedule all the time. I can't say anything about it, that's a no-no. Unfortunately. I thought of the laundering case every once in a while, debating how I should handle it.

Torture. They'll try to bribe. And since she has no idea she's in this situation, she'll say she doesn't understand. I'll tell her the deal, the debt amount, what she can do and what will happen if she doesn't pay up within the weeks she has. Maybe a little violence to spice it up.

I put my suit jacket on as I was getting ready to leave the office around 9:47. Just before I was about to leave, there was a knock at my door.

"Come in," I called as I turned around.

My assistant walked in with papers in his hands.

"This is what we were able to find about Ms. Moon, and here is her schedule at the Midnight club," He explained to me as he handed me the original file and a new one.

"Great, that's it for tonight,".

"Goodnight Mr. Knight,".

I opened the newer file and scanned through it basically filled with things I know other than the fact that her manager used to work at my company 6 and a half years ago, he was fired for...embezzlement. Of course. Her address, bank statements and records, basically anything behind her name and her schedule. She works every night unless she calls in. 8PM - 2AM. I looked down at my watch.
I have time.

Instead of going back to my place, I went to Midnight. One of my most successful clubs that I own. Several dealings and partying happened there, it was the hotspot of clubs. Best of the best. But I never actually went there often.
The driver pulled to the entrance of the club, I exited and made my way forward.

"Good evening Mr. Knight," The security greeted, letting me past the large line.

I nodded my head at them and entered. It was bustling, packing and loud with more than hundreds of people everywhere. There was no corner of the club that wasn't filled. Oh wow, I knew it did good but not this good. There was no sign of this Suriah as I looked around and after a minute of observing I made my way to the bar on the Blue Clover floor.

I waited for a moment but my wandering eyes caught a glimpse of someone that looked similar to Suriah but they turned around and was clearly not her. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, tilting my head down.

"I am so sorry for having you wait a while, I didn't see you over here!" Someone slightly laughed.

I lifted my head and locked eyes with them. Long black hair with bangs, round dark brown eyes, fairly pale skin, wearing all black with a smile plastered on her face. This was Suriah Moon. A bright smile, shining eyes filled to the brim with a glow unseen before.
She stared at me longer than usual, she shook her head and smiled again.

"How are you tonight?" She asked.

I sighed and let my hands drop to the counter, "Same old,".

"I'm guessing not bad then," She chuckled, "Sorry again for the wait,".

My lips curled into a small grin, "It's alright,".

"Well then, what can I get for you?" She asked, tilting her head slightly to the side.

***

I stared at her, observing her. I did every single night. She would get surprised when she saw me, clearly thinking this wasn't a coincidence because it wasn't. My intentions of throwing her out like trash as time moved on, she became addictive. Like nicotine. I had to have a dose of her everyday or else it felt different and I didn't like different. I wanted things my way.

Suriah Moon became my very drug.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

699K 23.6K 34
THIS BOOK IS COMPLETED but it will be HEAVILY EDITED and have things added to it in the future. I wrote this book when I was much younger. I didn't e...
38.2K 934 38
Vita Mia: My life ***************************************** She has never wanted to take any part in the mafia world that her abusive and manipulativ...
94.6K 2.4K 32
"You must be a very lonely person," I said. He leaned over to cup my cheek, and I flinched at his touch, but allowed it. "Maybe, but most people aren...
1.6K 80 11
HANNAH I've spent my entire twenty-one years on this earth in the background. Walked over by friends. Family. Strangers. And I didn't see a problem w...