The kyoshi warrior | lok

By Konstantinakkk

Kyoshi warriors were founded by Avatar Kyoshi years ago. With the passage of time, their reputation grew and... More

CAST
Aesthetics and Pictures
1: Prologue
2: Reunited
3: Freeing the air benders
4: Zaofu
5: Old wounds
6: Northern Air Temple
7: Original Air Benders
8: Calm before the storm
9: The fall of the Air Temple
10: Alive and Dead
11: Zaheer's new ability
12: Sorting things out
13: The venom of the Red Lotus
14: Jinora's tattoos
15: After 3 years
16: Welcome back to Republic City
17: The coronation
18: Kitiara alone
19: Old scars
20: We are all people
21: Lies and reactions
22: Planning
23: The Return
24: Prison Cell
25: The Letter
26: The Escape
Kitiara's actress {Discussion}
27: Problems
28: Alliance with 'Prisoners'
29: Freedom
30: Kitiara, the history teller
31: Hey, Chief
32: The inevitable meeting
34: The Original Beifong
35: Not yet
36: Operation Beifong pt 1
37: Operation Beifong pt 2
38: Preparations
39: Kuvira's coming
40: The Capture
41: The Fallen Warrior
42: We won

33: Beyond the Wilds

905 40 0
By Konstantinakkk

" Opal, wait ! Please, I just want to say that I'm sorry for everything. " Bolin walked in front of Opal to force her to stop.

Opal crossed her hands in front of her chest. " I'm glad you're okay, but it's a little late for 'sorry'. "

Bolin took a deep breath. " I know, I know. I didn't listen to you, and I sided with Kuvira, and I helped her take over the Earth Kingdom, and topple your home, and get your mom captured, and your brothers, and your dad... "

Bolin paused noticing Opal frowning at him. " Wow, that does sound really bad when I say it out loud like that. But I'm gonna make it up to you. I promise. "

Kitiara looked at the side. Her family's current... situation is partly her fault too.

" Pardon me, lovebirds, but I need a word with Opal. " Lin cut in before things went worse for the lava bender.

She gestured to the side and the cousins walked in that direction. With the corner of her eyes, Kitiara saw her mother raising a hand at him.

" Privately. "

Bolin sighed and went to join Mako and Korra.

When they were finally alone; Lin gazed at Opal. " I'm sorry, kid, but Raiko couldn't convince the other leaders to attack Kuvira. "

Opal's eyes watered. " So our family... "

Kitiara swallowed hard.

" Looks like we're going to have to save them ourselves. " Lin responded.

" Don't you think some other people would agree to go with us ? Korra is willing to do anything I ask her for a while. " Kitiara suggested.

The chief shook her head. " This is an unsanctioned and dangerous mission into enemy territory. We can't ask other people to risk their necks for our family. If we want to break them out, we'll have to do it alone. "

Opal and Kitiara exchanged a glance.

" Just name the place and the time. "

***

" Just name the place and the time. "

Lin opened her mouth to reply but stopped as she saw Kitiara's head snap toward Korra and Mako who were speaking at a distance.

It was like something, out of sudden, grabbed the kyoshi warrior's attention.

The Beifongs turned to watch Jinora's spirit projection.

" Korra ! The vines ! They're taking me ! Help ! " Jinora shouted before vanishing.

Everything stayed still for a moment.

" I hate it when the spirits are doing this. " Kitiara commented with a displeased expression.

Opal was confused. " It was a spirit projection. You can do this one too. How can you hate it ? "

Lin patted her shoulder. " She wasn't speaking about Jinora. "

Opal raised an eyebrow in inquiry.

Kitiara sighed shaking her head and dropping the issue.

" Shit. "

***

After a second of complete silence, Lin pushed her shock and plenty of questions aside as she run toward her satomobile.

She needed to go to the Spirit Wilds and evacuate the nearby area.

Watching her mother leaving in hurry, she started following her.

But that was before she felt someone grabbing her hand.

The kyoshi warrior turned to stare at her cousin. " What ? " She asked feeling exasperated.

" You went through a lot those last days. It's high time you got some rest. " Opal told her.

Kitiara bited the inside of her cheek. " My sister's spirit is held in the spirit world as a prisoner. I do not need rest. "

Opal shook her head. " Come, we are going to the Air Temple Island. "

The older woman took a step back; she was a little surprised by Opal's boldness. " But- "

" Asami has a surprise for you~ " Opal smirked as she took Kitiara's hand.

***

" Soooo, do you like it ? " Asami inquired.

Kitiara's hands caressed the fabric which was covering her body beautifully.

Her suit was amazing. It was light, allowing her to move and did not impede on her flexibility.

The gray and green armor was hugging her body, hiding successfully the few kilos she lost during her darker times at Kuvira's inner circle.

The suit was designed with care, Asami must have spent hours for the best design.

She must have spent hours deciding how to combine a kyoshi warrior's armor with an air bending suit.

The gear was accompanied by a dark green cloak. The cloak was based on her father's symbolizing her air bending mastery.

Kitiara, who had washed away her makeup, smiled as she fixed her ponytail.

She gazed at her best friend through the mirror. " It's amazing. Thank you so much ! "

Asami, who was leaning against the wall behind her friend, walked to Kitiara. " I'm glad you like it ! And it suits you perfectly ! "

Asami gazed at the mirror over Kitiara's shoulder. " Well, of course it suits me perfectly ! You made this ! "

The non bender grinned. " You think of me so highly... I'm honored. "

Kitiara turned to face the other woman. " Are you kidding me ? You are the best inventor in Republic City ! I'm honored to be your best friend. "

Asami sighed. " You will continue this disagreement even if I tell you that you are far better than me ? "

Kitiara turned her attention back to the mirror. " Yes, because I consider us equals. "

***

Kitiara sat in the kitchen table eating her food.

Her eyes were focused on a spot on the table as she ate in silence.

Asami left an hour ago to meet Raiko and Varrick in the City Hall and Opal was desperately trying to prepare for their journey while also staying away from Bolin.

Thing which proved to be extremely difficult because Bolin was following her almost everywhere in countless endeavors to apologize.

She was so lost in thought that she did not notice Pema entering the kitchen.

The air acolyte sat next to her husband's daughter with a smile on her face. " Welcome back, dear. How do you feel ? "

She froze for a second before gazing at the woman next to her. " Ii'mm, I'm fine, Pema. Thanks for asking. "

Feeling her discomfort, Pema rubbed Kitiara's back slowly. The kyoshi warrior's body slightly tensed but after some seconds, she relaxed.

Pema's smile remained strong on her face. " You sure ? You seem a little distressed. "

Kitiara sighed. Even if she didn't like Pema due to her being one of the reasons of her parents' breakup, she couldn't deny that she did not... hate her. She did not truly hate her.

" I-... It's just... Kuvira holds our family... We don't know how they are... or if they're hurt... or if she tortured them... or if she... " Kitiara stopped not willing to continue stating her fears. She played around with her chopsticks and pasta not daring to see Pema's expression of pity.

Pema's smile flattered after her confession. She was actually waiting for this response. Who wouldn't be worried if his family was stripped off their freedom and rights ?

Pema patted her shoulder. " It's alright to be stressed. I assure you that everything will be fine. Kuvira is Baatar's fiance, I'm sure that she would never dare to hurt his family. "

Kitiara swallowed some of her pasta, nodding in agreement. " You're right, you're right... She won't hurt them... or I gonna cut her pathetic throat and- "

She stopped in the middle of her sentence realizing what was she going to say. Pema tried, not successfully, to hide the impact Kitiara's words had on her.

" Pema, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to- " She immediately started apologizing.

Pema raised her hand to stop her. " It's alright. I thought that you would find the idea of having revenge for your family by killing her appealing. Just... promise me that you will be careful. "

Kitiara smiled at her. " I promise. "

***

Kitiara and Lin were on top of Opal's bison. They decided that Momo had gone through enough lately so they left him in the Air Temple Island to socialize and make friends.

Opal was handing them the last of their equipment for their mission.

Suddenly, Bolin came into view. " Where are you going ? "

" We've got some family business to take care of. " Opal replied coldly.

" All right, listen. Before you go, I just want to tell you that I understand how you feel. I know there is nothing I could do or no big gesture that could make up for all my mistakes, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop trying to win you back because... I love you. " Bolin told her.

" Thanks for saying all of that. " Opal said and turned her back to him.

Sighing, Nolin turned to leave.

" You know... there is one thing you could do to win me back. " Opal's voice echoed in the area.

Bolin stopped to gaze at her with hope. " What is it ? Yes, I'll do anything ! "

" Come on a secret mission with us. " She responded facing him.

" Where to ? " He questioned.

" Zaofu. We're going to rescue my family. "

Bolin took a deep breath as he became more serious.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 202 12
ೃ⁀➷ ┃ 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐃𝐎𝐌 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 - zuko 彡 ❝ You are filled with hatred, how was i so blind? ❞ ❝ I promise I changed. You know i did. ❞ ╰┈➤...
32.1K 936 58
In this story Hiei is the grandson of Fire Lord Zuko and son of Izumi who is the new Fire Lord and his father was also an Airbender besides Avatar Aa...
8.3K 170 26
this is based off of book 3 and 4. i know seasons three and four are a little sucky (not in my opinion) but I've seen the first season in a lot of li...
973 76 21
You thought it was over? Years have have passed since the war, and Kimi, formally known as Coco, was living the life. She earned her arrows, she was...