GO TO HELL, CAPTAIN (Preview)

By aishatu_xx

Copyright© 2022. All rights reserved. Two people forced to live under the same roof in the name of something... More

Author's Note.
PROLOGUE
1: LAYLA ABD AL-TUNAIJ
2: ZAYD AHMAD AL-HAFIZ
3: MISCHIEVOUS MRS. AL-HAFIZ
4: GREENWICH VILLAGE
5: R&F FACE
6: CAPTAIN Z. AL-HAFIZ
7: MELEE SHOWDOWN
8: SUPERNATURAL CREATURE.
9: FETE OR JIHAD.
10: ALLERGY x WINE
11: ECCENTRIC ODD BIRD
13: UNFURNISHED LIAISON
14: VIEWPOINTS
15: OLÉ' LOVE
16: LIQUID FIRE
17: RIVULETS OF MERCURY
18: SHANGHAI
19: BONE-RATTLING
20: SCHADENFREUDE.
21: BOTH RECKLESS
22: HINTERLAND
23: PERPLEXED
24: PTSD
25: BUTTERFLY WING
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Now Available On OkadaBooks!

12: ENDORPHINS CURE

601 189 124
By aishatu_xx

Comment on each chapter for an update tomorrow😮‍💨

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

"...ovarian endometriomas, also called "chocolate cysts" due to their brown color, are cysts that form on the ovaries. The cause of these cysts is endometrial tissue that grows on the ovaries. An endometrioma can form in women who have endometriosis. Symptoms of endometrioma include painful periods and heavy menstrual bleeding. She knows about it for awhile now but never acted on it, only use some sleazy medicines to tame it down.

"She needs to act on it fast. It's either the surgery or she starts counting her days down. Ovarian endometriomas larger than 4 cm should be removed, both to reduce pain and to improve spontaneous conception rates. The removal of ovarian endometriomas can be difficult, as the capsule is often densely adherent." The doctor explained to them, his hands folded in front of him as he scrutinize the couple before him.

"Endometriomas may be considered the most serious threat to a woman's reproductive potential, with the exception of cancerous tumors of the reproductive tract. I feel like she doesn't know about this and that is why she is taking it lightly." He hit his fingers on the table unconsciously while looking at an ultrasound picture on the table in front of him.

Fatima looked at her husband who shrugged his shoulders before she leaned on the table too. "What sort of surgery are you talking about and is there any guaranty that the surgery will work out perfectly?"

"There has been a general consensus that laparoscopic surgical removal of endometriomas is the treatment of choice, especially for cysts larger than 3 cm. Surgery can effectively decrease pain in women with endometriosis, can delay the recurrence of the disease, and can rule out the possibility of malignancy. But we are not sure whether it's going to take it away completely. Hers hasn't reached 3cm but it's about to so we need to tackle it before time."

"I had similar problem years ago but mine was endometriosis but the surgery never took place because I got married. After consummating our marriage, the pain disappeared like it was never there to begin with. Do you think something similar can happen with a few medications? I heard the surgeries are quite risky most of the time." Fatima explained, her mind already knitting so many scenarios on how she wants things to play out.

The doctor looked at her in surprise then nod his head. She knows what she is talking about from the looks of things. She's been there and the surgery should always be the last option if there are other options out on the table just like the one she's suggested. Marriage works too sometimes with the right partner but not just anyone. Someone really attentive.

"You are right about that but I thought she isn't ready for marriage and don't want to force things on her. Endorphins known as happy hormones create a feeling of overall wellbeing, and are also considered natural pain relievers that reduce cramping. Sex helps with menstrual cramps because orgasming releases endorphins, which can help dull pain and even soothe other PMS symptoms like headaches. Additionally, orgasmic contractions use up the excess prostaglandins, which means there is less to cause uterine contractions during period. So that's also a nice option if you can get her married and consummate the marriage before she starts flowing."

Fatima turn around to look at her husband with mischief all over her face and he shook his head. "No, don't."

"Yes, I should." She argued with a large Cheshire cat's smile on her face.

He shook his head at her tactics. She wants to try something that happened to them thinking it's going to work out on her son. Things were different then and the hatred between them was them fighting their attraction against one another while Zayd and Layla are two polar opposite that cannot even stay in the same room for more than a few minutes before the other attacks. Especially now that Zayd knows how to retort and strike back.

"I'm not going to clean up your mess when things go downhill." He warned in his most serious voice but she only rolled her eyes at that. He's said that more times than she could count so this one shouldn't make any difference.

"You are going to clean it up whether you like it or not. And trust me, I know it's going to happen. It's just that they won't see it anytime soon but at least their lives will be fruitful." She gave herself a gentle pat on the back then settle her eyes back on the doctor.

"I want you to tell Layla her only option is getting married if she asks. Don't tell her about medications and surgery."

The man frowned, that's not how he works and no client of his has ever commanded him to do so. "Why should I tell her that?"

Fatima breathed out through her mouth with so much exaggeration. "There is this guy she loves but he isn't ready to settle down though he loves her. If we tell him this, he will definitely change his view about marriage and then happily ever after." She lied straight through her teeth but it's not a lie right? She's trying to unite two people in a liaison.

The doctor's mouth formed an o and he smiled. "Oh, I hope it works out for them."

"How are you feeling?" Fatima asked upon entering the room Layla is currently in lying on a bed. She is half conscious and half in pain.

Layla scrunched her face and pivoted to look at them as they trudged into the room. "I'm fine."

"We just spoke to the doctor. He's explained a few things to us that I'll like to highlight for you." Fatima smiled thankfully at her husband who just brought forth a plastic chair for her to sit on beside Layla's bed.

"Go ahead." Layla grunted again, moaned and touched her lower abdomen to make sure the heating pad is there and working.

Fatima smiled evilly before flattening her hands on the bed, smoothing the white bed cloth covering it. "He said there are a few things that can cure you from this. It's ovarian endometriomas and he suspects that you know about it but never acted on it which is very irresponsible..." Layla only rolled her eyes at the chiding tone she used, "...and now it's moseying to it's last stage that you either get a surgery done or get married."

Layla stopped moaning and turn to look at Fatima like she's lost her head. "Marriage? Is this a sick joke you're trying to crack? It's not funny at all." And she went back to massaging her lower abdomen to ease the pain she is sure she can compete with a woman in labour.

"I'm serious. Endorphins known as happy hormones create a feeling of overall wellbeing, and are also considered natural pain relievers that reduce cramping. Those were his exacts words and a few more I couldn't hold in my head."

"Endorphins? You think this is just a normal menstrual pain?" Layla hissed, curl her legs up to her chest again and almost fell off the bed since it's not that large.

"Trust me, I know how it feels being in your place. I've been there once upon a time." Fatima's eyes became sympathetic as she recalled how she's suffered with her own endometriosis for so many years. The pain is unbearable, but not close to labor.

"You don't know how it feels. And where have you been? In my situation? I doubt that." She licked her lower lips then bit it hard to stop an ugly moan from rushing out.

"I've been there, trust me. I also fought with something similar, endometriosis for many years. My cure was intercourse whether you believe it or not and that's why I'm telling you what the doctor had said so we can get a solution together but seems like you are not interested. I'm merely concerned." Fatima blanked her face, held Ahmad's hand tighter when he tried to leave the room. He felt like they should discuss that matter in private without his intruding presence.

"Thanks for the concern but I know what to do. I'll think about the surgery later on." She turned around to sleep it off but she couldn't, her head is pounding too.

Fatima isn't going to give up, not with this aperture that fate is radiating in front of her eyes. "You don't have enough money for surgery but if you want me to lend you or give you, I can do that—"

Layla cut her off before she could finish her sentence. "I don't want your money or anyone else's."

Fatima intentionally talked about lending her the funds knowing there is nothing Layla hates than being treated as a charity case. She is fiercely independent that the thought of getting something from someone will leave her ill and weak so that is scratched out of the options. Fatima is a smart and intelligent woman that she never speaks a word without thinking what is going to happen in the next few years just like she did now.

"Then get married. It's that easy. You are beautiful and a lot of men will fall head over heels for you." Fatima had to bite her lip to stop herself from grinning. Layla could only moan, grunt, groan and scowl at her throughout.

"You are not my mother, you can't order me around." She wheezed out, the pain really getting to her head now that she cannot even roll her eyes or glare at Fatima. It's gripping her guts so harshly that she could barely move.

Fatima chortled, the girl won't surrender easily it seems but what does she expect from Layla? Malleability? "No, I'm not. But I'm your employee."

"We are not in your company neither are we in working hours." Layla clenched her eyes, probing harshly on her lower abdomen. She grimaced, a pained hiss discharging at exertion.

"No, we are not. But I'm still your employee!"

"You're annoying." Layla hissed again with shuddering breath that drew sympathy from Fatima, she really wants to help her.

"Oh, I know that. Do you want to get married or not?"

Layla thought about it for a second. She's never been against marriage because she's seen her parents beautiful one, her Aunt's amazing sugar daddy then here in the Babagana estate. She's been a believer of love right from the beginning but she is not ready to give up her independence for love. She's seen just how strong and weak love makes people and she is not in for that trouble neither is she fit for it. Love is for strong people and she isn't, is anything but that.

She is using this façade to both keep people away and to placate herself that she can go through life with her bravado but in reality, she knows she can crumble at slight pressure so she never gave love a chance. Never allowed herself to be attached until Teems and Lana, they forced themselves into her life that she cannot do anything but surrender to their enthusiastic love. They are never afraid to show how much they love her, a trait she lacks from the beginning.

Then comes the chase. She is always running from one place to another since a first attempt to kidnap her was lurched years ago while her Aunt was still alive. They don't know who this person is but he wants her whether dead or alive so her Aunt advised her to keep changing locations. She did so with her Aunt for awhile but he kept finding her time and time again hence she changed tactics all together and came to Africa.

If she falls in love with someone somewhere, there is no guarantee that this person will keep following her around everywhere so there is no use. And now she is talking about a loveless marriage? But she really wants to get rid of this goddamn awful illness that's trying to take her down. Surgery is not an option when all she needs right now is enough cheddar to fly out of the country again.

So this marriage is definitely not going to last. It's time for her to leave Africa to another continent since there is a high possibility that he's spotted her again. It's been more than eight years already, he should know by now where she is hiding. Or maybe he's given up?

"I don't have a boyfriend." She muttered with much reluctance when a fierce pain shoot from her pelvis to her stomach.

The dry and coppery taste in her mouth remind her of how much she is going to suffer some more if she doesn't get it treated once and for all.

A perplexed and amazed smile took over Fatima face and made it glow. Her mouth slackened, she took a sharp intake of breath and look up at Ahmad who shrugged his shoulders in 'this is your time to shine' gesture.

"Layla, will you marry Zayd?" She didn't try hiding the fact that she wants her to marry her son.

There is no use hiding it when Layla can act more madder than she had when she heard the news of her marriage with Ahmad. Oh, she wanted to rip her father head off his shoulders then but she is glad none of that happened because at the end, everything became clear to her that this is fate and Allah has planned it perfectly for her. Now look at her, she is extremely happy and contented with her husband and children.

Now is Layla's turn though. It's either it works out for the best or worse.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 23.6K 116
"𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝐼 𝑠𝑎𝑤 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑖𝑛 𝑚𝑦 𝑐𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑚, 𝑐𝑙𝑎𝑑 𝑖𝑛 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑙𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑙𝑦 ℎ𝑜𝑡; ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑒�...
7.3K 107 14
Smut Warning Mpreg ABO Morden Au Alpha Alhaitham Omega Kaveh Part 2 of Babysitting Who? The old couple moved to a new country in the United Kingdom...
180K 6.8K 32
***COMPLETED*** Sky's home life was a little piece of hell on earth. She often had to fight past the pain, but she always found a way to become stron...
19.1M 648K 70
Love is Sacrifice. ❝ I don't love you and I never will, because I love someone else ❞ Ian said to Alison, his brows touched together as he looked at...