Different (Juuzou Suzuya X Re...

By Petalmist12

-Juuzou Suzuya X Reader- (Y/n) (L/n), a young ghoul investigator who graduated at the top of her class is ass... More

Beginning Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 16

480 12 3
By Petalmist12

A/n
Thank you for 35+ votes and 785+ reads! Only two more chapters... Also, I don't do well with writing serious scenes, or at least I feel that way, so sorry for the cringe you will eventually experience in this chapter from a certain scene that I almost referent putting in here. I rewrote it quite a few times but then I gave up and it is what it is. Here's the chapter :)

We sit on the steps in the back of  the monitor room. Furuta stands in the middle, staring at all the screens and giving orders to those out fighting.

"Suzuya." Ui says, approaching where we're sitting. "Take care of HQ." He says, walking past us.

"Have fun." Juuzou says despite the frown on his face while he holds my hand.

"How are things going?" Furuta asks. Replies from familiar people come in immediately.

"This is Ito from the 9th Ward! The citizens are panicking and the entire area is in utter chaos." He reports, the screams of people behind him followed by a boom.

"This is Tanakamaru from the 18th Ward. We've nearly regained control of the area." He says. "Let's go back up HQ, boys."

"This is Urie from the 2nd Ward. They used fire, so we're a bit behind on taking care of the issue." Urie says.

"This is Ui from the 19th Ward. We're about to begin our attack." Ui notifies.

"Th-That's..." a voice stutters.

"Multiple enemies confirmed on the bridge." Another voice reports. Furuta immediately pulls up the window displaying footage from that area. "How are there so many?" The screen shows rows of masked individuals walking in uniformed lines, all of them in identical clown outfits. With that, me, Juuzou, the Suzuya squad, and a few more Investigators head down to face off against the enemy.

"Investigator Suzuya." Furuta says. "If they get past the bridge, they'll make it to headquarters. Make sure you defend it with your life." Furuta orders.

"With my life?" Juuzou mutters before taking off towards the endless rows clowns, easily picking off the front row with a powerful slice of his scythe. "All I have to do is kill them all."

"Yes, exactly." Furuta agrees. "Pwease kill them all." He says in an innocent voice. I scrunch my nose. How did he even end up in such a high position? Investigators and clowns are scattered around the bridge, the investigators obviously outnumbered. The members of Suzuya squad stand in a circle, our backs facing each other.

"Their numbers are great, but..." Tamaki trails off.

"Their individual strength is lacking..." Abara finishes.

"This doesn't feel right." Juuzou adds.

"Juuzou, do you think..? I ask, leaning towards him slightly.

"You see it too?" Nakarai says, glancing towards us.

"Yeah." Juuzou answers before jumping towards the nearest clown, slicing their mask off. The clown sinks to their knees. "So, you're humans..." The mask, having fallen away revealed the face of  desperate, teary-eyed man, his mouth stitched closed. My stomach sinks. We've been killing people... Innocent civilians that should have nothing to do with this war between us and the ghouls. The man struggles, grunting and making strangled noises, trying to communicate in any way he can. Instead he is impaled from behind by the kagune of a ghoul in a large black jacket. No Face, an S rate ghoul.

"Well, hello, Stringless Puppet." He greets. "Let's play."

"Sure. I'll even draw you a face." Juuzou says. The ghoul makes the first move, almost instantaneously appearing behind Juuzou, though he's prepared and twirls one of his knives, stabbing it into the ghoul's throat. The ghoul backs up with a slight gurgling sound and Juuzou whips around, slicing the ghoul several times before sliding back across the pavement.

"You're not going to even fight back?" Juuzou asks.

"Why... are you doing this... Juuzou?" The ghoul murmurs, this time in a different voice. No way... The ghoul looks back up at Juuzou, this time though his face isn't masked, it's someone very special to us. Shinohara... Juuzou draws in a trembling breath, his eyes wide.

"Mr.Shinohara..." He whispers, lowering his scythe as the ghoul inches closer. No, it's an illusion! Right..? But it looks so real...

"Hey, now..." The ghoul says, placing his hand on Juuzou's cheek. "Don't push yourself too hard." He says gently, pulling Juuzou in for a hug.

"M-Mr.Shinohara..." Juuzou mumbles. The kagune spurting from 'Shinohara's' back snaps me out of my trance and I leap forward, slicing the ghoul's face with my daggers. Juuzou gasps and takes a step back while the ghoul retreats a few feet.

"It was an illusion... Remember, we went to see him earlier?" I remind him.

"Suzuya, my cosmos, you mustn't allow your cosmos to be tainted. Ever." Mikage says. He's a bit odd, but he's a great team member.

"Sorry... It was so nostalgic that I ended up stopping." Juuzou says, his eyes still shinning slightly before he blinks the tears away, turning to look at the dead man sprawled on the ground. "(Y/n)."

"There are humans mixed in with the Clowns." I announce. "Do not attack any Clowns who do not look like they want to fight."

A little while later, several Clown corpses lay scattered around us, the many remaining jumping off the bridge. So many innocent lives lost... I hope you all find peace.

"We lost many due to the Clown siege." Furuta says at the front of the room, the CCG once again crammed into the ceremony hall with the stupid white uniforms. "The director will now announce the structural changes in store for us. Make sure you pay close attention." Furuta says, pulling out a pair of funny light-up glasses, a fake nose and mustache attached to it as well as the word 'PARTY' glowing above the upper rims. Whispers course through the room. "Good Morning." Furuta greets us again, this time using a deeper voice.

"Furuta, what are you—" Ui starts, appearing on stage.

"Today is a party." Furuta interrupts him, taking Ui by surprise. "Hello, this is your director speaking. Today we'll be showing you what's in store for the CCG!" Furuta announces. This is all getting too weird. This is no time for a party, we just slaughtered countless civilians! Even if it wasn't on purpose, we can't excuse it just like that. Several masked figures in black step forward, as well as one unmasked figure in all white. Mutsuki? What are they doing up there? "They are the Oggai. They are the new Quinx squad." But then what about the actual Quinx squad?

"Bring them out here. Peace on death!" Furuta shouts. Clowns are ushered out, one being placed in front of each of the masked people, kneeling in front of them and exposing the nape of their necks. The masked people holding up red and black scythes. "Bring us peace with their deaths!" Furuta orders. The Clown's heads are sent rolling across the stage, gasps echoing through the crowd as we all stare at the stage in shock. What the hell? "Those disgusting Clowns used humans as meat shields. That foolish plan is unforgivable!" Furuta says, stomping a foot down. "Starting now, the CCG will concentrate all their strength on eradicating the rest of the Clowns! Our goal is to clean up Tokyo! The annihilation... of every ghoul! Lend me your strength. Now, let the party begin!"

The room is silent as we watch Furuta rant. Then the room breaks out into a deafening applause, though I can't bring myself to move as I stare at the stage in bewilderment. This... this is not why I joined the CCG. I joined to protect the people I love and get rid of those causing unprovoked violence. I know it might be difficult, but finding a way to stand beside ghouls instead of against them is what I think would make the world better, not complete eradication. If only we could find a way to make that possible...

That night, I toss and turn, finding no comfort no matter what position I'm in. I slide out of bed, careful not to wake Juuzou and sit down in front of our room's window looking out at the dark streets, my knees pulled to my chest. I let out a shaky breath as tears fill my eyes, resting my head on my knees to hide my face from the shadows.

Juuzou POV

I wake up to the sound of quiet sniffling. I rub my eyes and look at the clock which reads 2:27. Wha..? I turn to face the noise and see (Y/n) sitting down by the window and shivering. (Y/n)? What is she doing up? I silently get out of bed and walk over to her, sitting beside her.

"(Y/n), why are you awake?" I ask quietly. She jumps and looks over at me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." She says, looking down and hiding her face. "I'll just go to the living room or something." She says, standing up. I quickly follow suit, gently grabbing her wrist to stop her.

"You don't have to." I say, moving my hand from her wrist and lacing my fingers through hers instead. She finally turns around and faces me. She's crying... Without even having to think about it I pull her closer and wrap her in a tight hug. She leans against me and run my hand of the back of her head, trying my best to smooth down her (h/c) hair. Eventually I pull her onto the bed with me, not letting go of her as I don't what else to do.

"I don't think I can do this anymore." She whispers.

"Do what?" I press, hoping for more information.

"This... this job. Everything about it, it's changing so much. And I constantly have this feeling that something really bad is going on that we don't know about yet. And then it's all been getting really bad lately and I feel like I haven't been able to do anything to help, not to mention Akira's still missing and then Shinohara..." She says, her words flooding out like a dam somewhere within her had burst. I stay silent for a while, not knowing what to say. "Juuzou?" She asks softly.

"Mhm." I hum. "I'm not going to tell you to stop worrying because I know you will anyways, but I think that in scenarios like this with so much going on you should just take things one at a time when they pop up."

"Yeah, maybe I could try that." She says, sounding calmer but not quite herself. She stifles a yawn and lies down fully. "Thank you, Juuzou. I love you."

"I love you too (Y/n)." I say with a small smile, leaning in to give her a kiss on the cheek, however she had also started leaning in and neither of our lips reached out intended mark. Instead, our lips landed on each others, though neither of us pull away, instead pressing closer. She moved away first, needing to refill her lungs with oxygen, our foreheads still pressed together. She smiles at me, looking a bit bashful, but also extremely beautiful. After that, we fall asleep nestled together in our blankets.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 774 8
╰┈➤ 𝗧𝗼𝗸𝘆𝗼 𝗥𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝘅 𝗞𝗡𝗬 𝗙𝗲𝗺𝗮𝗹𝗲 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝙺𝙸𝚃𝚃𝙴𝙽𝙸𝚂𝙷 | fun-loving and playful, but also a little flirtatious. 𝘾�...
129K 3.4K 24
A young girl named (y/n) lived in a world belonging to two. Ghouls and humans. Though she was taught to fear and hate ghouls, she just couldn't. Some...
107K 5.2K 59
Are you a simp for this man? Me too bitch let's go to therapy together. -THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK I EVER WROTE AND I THINK IT IS KIND OF TRASH JUST TO...
5.2K 193 16
Reader x Juuzou Suzuya Tokyo Ghoul re: Manga and Anime based Completed.