Chapter 6

A/n
Hello and thank you for 100+ reads! I hope you're doing well. Here's today's chapter :)

I chase Juuzou down a hall, the boy giggling as he clicks the release on his quinque case. The fibers within quickly form the scythe he had dubbed 'Juuzou's Jason'. That nap earlier really did help, and I didn't even have any nightmares. That would be a first since my previous encounter with Aogiri. Waking up was sure a surprise though.

*Flashback*

"(Y/nnnnnn)... (Y/n) I know you're probably super comfy right now, but we're pretty much there." A voice says, a very familiar giggle following suite.

"Juuzou..?" I mumble, rubbing my eyes before opening them, finding a pair of red ones much closer than I had anticipated. "Eep!" I squeak in surprise, squeezing my eyes shut and covering my face with my hands. Wait, weren't we in a car? Then why am I laying down? I hesitantly open my eyes again, and this time Juuzou is sitting up, looking down at me. Am I in his lap?! I quickly sit up, scooting over to my original seat. "I am so sorry!"

"Haha, don't worry about it (Y/n), I moved you." He says with a cheeky smile.

"Are you two ready?" Shinohara asks.

"Yep!" Juuzou cheers.

"Yeah." I say less enthusiastically than my stitched partner.

*Flashback End*

Well, it's probably best to not think about that at the moment. After all, I am running through a ghoul infested building right now. Speaking of ghouls, a group of five appears in front of us, pointing their kagune in our direction. Retrieving my daggers from their usual place on my thighs, I leap forward at the same time as Juuzou, our blades slicing in unison.

"You like this? Maybe this? How about this!?" He laughs, not slowing down at all as he runs straight through them. "Or perhaps, you'd prefer this!?" He asks, impaling the last ghoul of the group with his scythe right as I yank out one of my daggers that I had stabbed into another. Juuzou leans up against a guardrail, his scythe propped up on his shoulder while I wipe the excess blood off of my daggers on the robes of one of the fallen ghouls.

Gunshots echo down the hallway, silencing as bodies hit the ground. A pair of footsteps race towards us, stopping at the entrance to the room. Two ghouls somehow identical but completely different at the same time appear. They aren't wearing the same outfits as the regular Aogiri ghouls or the prisoners, meaning they are either high ranking or not related to Aogiri. They're still probably more dangerous than the average ghoul though.

"I wish they'd put up more of a fight." Juuzou sighs, pulling himself up with his scythe.

"Is that..." One of the ghouls murmurs.

"Who are you?" Juuzou asks, turning to face the pair. First the black haired ghoul and then the white haired ghoul remove their masks, revealing faces of two young women about our age. Their features eerily similar, though with one distinct difference. One eye a normal grey color and the other the trademark red and black of a ghoul, though on the opposite sides of each other. "Really!? Kurona and Nashiro?"

"You know them?" I ask in surprise.

"Rei..." The white haired girl mumbles. Rei?

"I go by Juuzou now! 2nd Grade Investigator, Juuzou Suzuya!" He announces with a sweep of his arm before effortlessly twirling his scythe, not looking the least bit on guard as he hoists himself up on the guardrail. He peers down at them with laughter in his eyes. "What happened to your eyes? Have you given up on being human?"

"We've left humanity behind. We're not interested in their twisted world." The black haired one, presumably Kurona, says. Coming from someone who somehow, and willingly, got themselves turned into a ghoul.