Power Up! (Male Reader)

Od Morning_Blankets

Townsville, USA. A normal city with strange problems. Monsters, villains, and even demons try to attack the c... Viac

Once Upon A Time....
Working In The Dark
Life Keeps Moving
Favors For A Friend
Meeting At The Mall
Making A Deal With The Devil
A Dance Recital And Late Night Chats
The Day Life Of A Super Powered Teenager
Operation: S.C.R.I.P.T
A Trio Of Questions
Countdown To Homecoming
Homecoming Finally
Three Identities, Three Troubles
The Black Puddle Queen Pt. 1
The Black Puddle Queen Pt. 2
The Tale of The Four Kings
Cityville Pt. 1
Cityville Pt. 2
The Underworld
Kinda Fixing Things
Things Are Never Easy
Vilestown Pt. 1
Vilestown Pt. 2
Vilestown Pt. 3
Vilestown Pt. 4
Vilestown Pt. 5
Minor Adjustments
The Mark of Kings
OVAs #1
Date At The.......
A Secret Family
A Saturday On A Monday
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 1
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 2
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 3
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 4
What Do We Do Now?
Voting #3
16 Candles And One Wish
Lakeview Pt. 1
Lakeview Pt. 2
Lakeview Dance
Into The Unknown Pt. 1
Into The Unknown Pt. 2
Into The Unkown Pt. 3
Into The Unknown Pt. 4
A/N
Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 1
Q&A
New Cover! (A/N)
Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 2
Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 3
Tales of The Unknown Pt. 5
Capital Of The Unknown Pt. 1
Capital Of The Unknown Pt. 2
Back To Townsville
Mystery Inc. Pt. 1
Myserty Inc. Pt 2
Meeting Your Heroes Pt. 1
Meeting Your Heroes Pt. 2
Something In The Orange
Future Quest Pt. 1
Future Quest Pt. 2
Future Quest Pt. 3
Future Quest Pt. 4
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
A/N

Tales of The Unknown Pt. 4

1.9K 86 14
Od Morning_Blankets

Zak tapped his chin as he sat on top of the well which was located in the middle of Hollow Town. Everyone was still going about their "usual" business, but Zak kept a sharp eye out for any strange irregularities.

Something serious has to be going on if they sent a, what did you call yourself? A Royal Guard?

Regardless, Zak remind on guard.

Courage, on the other hand, walked around town trying to look for some food. He hasn't eaten in a while and he didn't have his games to keep him distracted.

He was also still super worried about you and the Beast's Curse, but that's not what he wants to think about.

As he walked, he managed to pass by a cellar door which was nailed shut. Inside the darkness was the truth of this town.

Power Up!
Zak and Couarge

Zak groaned as he walked through the streets after finding nothing. The sun was going down and he was still no where in his investigation. Not on the strange case that brought Sir Y/N here, nor anything about the knight himself.

But for the time being, seeing as night would soon fall, he was heading back to Mrs. Clemence's home to stay the night. He was going to babysit again just to have a place to stay.

Zak: Hm. I wonder where Courgar and Gregory are.

He hasn't seen them since this morning. Maybe they were off doing their own thing.

They should be back at the house later tonight.

Zak approached the "egg shell white" house and knocked on the wooden door. As he did, he flinch in pain. He looked at his knuckle and saw that he had gotten a splinter.

Zak plucked it out just as the door opened.

Mrs. Clemence: Oh, Zak, my boy! I'm very pleased to see you.

Zak: Really? Uh, that's great to hear.

Mrs. Clemence: Nice and early, too! Just what I was hoping for.

She stepped aside, fully revealing the inside of her home. Only lit by oil lamps and what sun remained outside. Zak couldn't help but get a strange feeling.

Mrs. Clemence: Please, come inside.

Zak began to debate it, but he couldn't really deny a roof over his head. Even if that meant babysitting some strange kids. But, then again, the kids weren't bad kids. And Mrs. Clemence was pretty nice as well.

Zak: Right. Cool.
-----------
Gregory looked around as he walked through the main street of Hollow Town. He got a strange sense of familiarity from the scenery. It reminded him of his first time in the Unknown.

He was just a child then. A clueless child.

Now things were different. They were dire.

Though now, he was bored. He was absolutely bored.

Greg: There's lots of cool things these people won't do. Thank goodness I didn't bring Jason with me. They probably don't even make clothes for frogs.

Greg continued to walk before he nearly stepped on something. He stopped and looked down to see that a cat was sitting there.

Greg: Oh, sorry! I didn't see you there, Mister Kitty.

Greg looked at the cat, but it didn't move. He frowned as he kneeled down and looked closer. Then, he noticed something. He picked it up and looked at it closer.

It was....made of wood.

Greg: Huh? How....

Greg looked around for a moment confused. Where did this thing come from? And why was it just sitting here?

Greg looked around confused before he heard a noise. He looked over to see Courage walking over to him.

Greg: Hey, boy. What have you been up to?

Courage: <FEED ME!>

Greg: Wow. You seem upset.

Courage growled as Greg picked him up. He then began to cradle him like a baby.

Greg: You can relax, buddy. You're with me now.

Courage, though still hungry and mad, just accepted the comforting cradling. Maybe he wasn't hungry. Maybe he was just upset and scared. He didn't want to be, but he couldn't help it.

You were at risk of being turned into the Beast. Everyone was lost. He didn't know what to do to help. He was just a dog.

However, this dog saw something. A shadowy figure ducking into the space between two homes.

Courage: <Did you see that?>

Courage jumped out of Greg's arms and began to walk over to where he saw the man. Greg followed and the two watched as she set a basket of clothes down.

Greg: Laundry?

The man pulled out a hammer and began to pray the nails off the boards that covered the cellar doors. Once they were off, he opened them and dumped the clothes inside.

Greg and Courage watched as he closed the cellar again and boarded it back up. The two backed away and looked at each other confused.

Greg: What was that about?

Man: YOU!

Greg jumped while Courage screamed. The two turned around to see the man standing there with his fists on his hips. Though his wooden head held the same expression, they could tell he was furious.

Man: Now what are the two of you doing spying on an upstanding citizen like myself?

Greg: Holy smokes.

Before Greg could come up with an excuse, a larger figure stepped in front if him.

Sir Y/N: Apologies, sir. We were just in the area when we heard some noise.

The man stared at your counterpart for a moment. Courage even stared at him in surpise. He knew it wasn't really you, but the fact that the two of you looked so similar made him a bit uneasy.

At least this version of you wasn't trying to kill you.

Man: Well....you should mind your own business. Keep this child on a tighter lease. The same goes for that dog to!

The man grabbed the empty basket and stormed off. As he did, Sir Y/N watched.

Greg: Uh....

Sir Y/N: Where is your friend? The one with the white streak.

Greg and Courage looked at each other.
-------------
Zak sat at the table with Mrs. Clemence after she had put the children to sleep. She walked over to him with a tray of "biscuits", but Zak noticed that they were actually chips of wood.

Mrs. Clemence: Help yourself to a biscuit, Zak.

Zak: Oh. Uh, thank you.

Zak picked up one of the wooden pieces and pretened to eat it. He didn't want to be rude.

Mrs. Clemence: I must say, my heart will break when it is time for you to leave. I like you ever so much, as do the children and everyone else in Hollow Town. We're a simple town and we can tell when someone belongs.

Zak: Oh, uh, thank you?

Mrs. Clemence: That's why I must ask you, my boy, if you would be willing to stay just a bit longer.

Zak sat up as the fire in the fireplace crackled. He didn't really know what to say. Everyone here was super nice and everything, but he needed to get out of the Unknown. He needed to help you with the curse. Plus, he had a girlfriend and stuff.

Zak: I'm, uh, really happy to hear that, ma'am. But, I just can't.....

Mrs. Clemence: You would deny us your company?

Zak: No, I mean, yes. I....I have a responsibility.

Mrs. Clemence: Whomever to?

Zak: My friend. My best friend. He's practically my brother. I need to get him home and find my friends.

Mrs. Clemence seemed disappointed in his answer. Zak watched as she turned towards the window.

Mrs. Clemence: I see. But, you would be valued here. But if you stayed, we could make other "arrangements" for these friends of yours.

Zak lifted a brow in confusion.

Zak: "Other arrangements"? What, like you'll find them for me?

Mrs. Clemence: Perhaps. But, tell me something first.

She slowly turned around as the lamp began to flicker.

Mrs. Clemence: Do you really need to go home?

Then, the light went out.
---------------
Greg and Courage led Sir Y/N through the town towards Mrs. Clemence's home. Once they reached it, Greg knocked on the door. As they waited, Sir Y/N looked around behind them.

These trees. It felt like they were always watching them. He didn't like it.

Mrs. Clemence: Oh, you're Zak's....friends.

Sir Y/N turned back around as the door opened to show the old woman standing there.

Greg: Yes, ma'am. Uh, is Zak here?

Zak: I'm right here.

Mrs. Clemence stepped to the side so that they could see their friend. Zak stood in the hall with the shadow covering his head. However, when Sir Y/N looked closer, he immediately figured out that something was wrong.

Zak stepped into the light, revealing a wooden head over his own.

Sir Y/N: What in the old gods?

"Zak": I apologize for making you wait for so long. Come along, let us go rest for the night.

Zak walked over to Greg but stopped. He looked down to Courage and tilted his head. Courage, scared, hid behind Sir Y/N's cloak.

Mrs. Clemence: Well, you boys have a lovely night now.

The door closed, leaving them alone in the street. The lights were out and the moon offered faint visibility. Still, they could see Zak.

"Zak": What seems to be the matter? Do I have something on my face?

Greg: Uh, kinda?

Sir Y/N took a step forward and looked closer. The head looked just like Zak's did. However, it was wooden just like all the others.

Sir Y/N: I see. Well, let us be off, then.

"Zak": Swell idea.

Sir Y/N turned and began to walk away. Zak followed which left Greg and Courage no other choice to to tag along.

They all walked in silence for a while as they headed to where Sir Y/N had been staying just on the edge of town. He had offered them the spare space he had.

However, once they reached the center of the town, Sir Y/N suddenly drew his sword and spun around. Before anyone could react, he sliced the blade right through Zak's head.

Greg: AHHHH!

Courage: <ZAK!>

The body fell to the ground lifeless, with the hollow head sliced open. Sir Y/N returned his blade to his belt as he looked at the body.

Sir Y/N: This wasn't your friend. It's an imposter.

Greg: Wait, but, where is Zak?
--------------
Zak's eyes opened slowly, only to be greeted with darkness. He groaned as he rolled over to his back and stared at even more darkness.

Slowly, he stood up and held his head in pain. What had happened? Where was he? Where was his clothes?

He patted himself down, and gasped when he realized the Claw was missing. He quickly scrambled up to his feet, but ended up hitting his head on something unseen.

Zak: Ow!

He held his head and looked around, trying to let his eyes adjust enough to at least get a lay of the room. He looked up and managed to spot a faint line of light.

He slowly reached up and placed his hand against it. He then pushed.

It was a door. A cellar door.

Zak: Hey. Hey!

Zak began to bang against the wood as hard as he could. He tried to force it open.

Zak: Hey! I'm down here! Someone! Anyone!

???: It's no use, dear boy.

Zak turned around confused. That was a voice. Were there other people down here?

A faint light began to expand before Zak realized it was a lantern. Not only that, but it was bright enough to reveal several people in the cellar with him.

Man: Are you alright, son? You're looking a little twitchy.

Zak narrowed his eyes as he looked at everyone. Then, his eyes grew wide.

These people, they were the same people that he had seen around town. Only, they were real. No wooden heads. Their faces moved when they talked. He could see their skin.

Zak: Wait, you're all...

Zak slowly began to question everything. What was going on here?

Man: I must say, you are the first child that has been bewitched by these doll folk.

Zak: Uh, I'm not actually a kid, per say, but....

Tailor: That explains a lot.

Zak sighed.

Zak: Explains what?

Everyone looked at each other.

Man: Why don't you come sit with us? We can tell you about our now doomed little village.

Zak, seeing as he had no other option, just shrugged and walked over to the group. He sat down as the people began their story.
~~~~~~~~~
You see, for generations, Hollow Town has been nothing more than a normal, little town situated in the middle of a normal, if a tad bit creepy, birtch forest. Some might even call their way of life "dull" or "provincial".

No one remembers who said it, but one day a few weeks ago, someone had issued a complaint during the monthly town hall meeting. He didn't care much of the birtch trees that grew so close to the town.

The trees were a tad creepy to everyone who saw them. So, a small party was formed to go and neaten up the forest. The ax kind.

With their work done and the fringes of the forest chopped down to suit their tastes, the party came back. All seemed well, for the time.

They claimed to be their friends from the party, having gotten lost in the too knowing trees. But how could this be when their friends had already returned. The "men" who made these claims looked nothing more than wild men, unfit for society.

The party confirmed that these creatures had stalked them during their track back to the town. Disgusted by the wooden beast, the people of Hollow Town locked them away in their cellars.

But how could the party be trusted. The fear of paranoia made it easy for the doppelgangers to show up one by one, replacing the people until none were left. But they saw a better use for the people of flesh.
~~~~~~~~~
Man: So now, here we are.

Zak looked at them all with wide eyes. He then took a deep breath.

Zak: That is easily the scariest thing I have ever heard. Geez.

He tapped his chin before he looked back at the cellar.

Zak: Well, a Royal Guard is here and so are my friends. If anything, they can help us. I know it.
--------------
Greg: So, what do we do?

Greg and Courage watched as Sir Y/N pulled his armor on. He said nothing as he held a dagger our towards Greg.

Greg slowly took it before the knight walked past him. He pulled out his sword and began to coat it in something.

Greg: What are you....

Suddenly, the sword lit ablaze. Greg and Courge stepped back as Sir Y/N turned back to them.

Sir Y/N: We burn the town to the ground and kill these wooden abominations. You and the dog will look for the true residents.

Greg: Uh....okay, I guess?

Sir Y/N turned back around and pulled his helmet on. He then marched towards the town. As the fire of his blade began to light the area, the wooden creatures awoke from their slumbers.

Then, they began to emerge. The first one dove towards the knight with a hiss, finally showing their true colors. Sir Y/N cut them down effortlessly.

As he fought the wooden people, Greg and Courage raced to the cellar that they had seen the man at earlier.

They found it to still be boarded up, but Greg used the dagger to began to pry the wood free.

Sir Y/N sliced down another creature before he blocked one with his shield. He pushed it back before he drove the sword right through it's chest.

He then swiped the sword against the ground before breaking a lantern. The fire was lit and began to set a home ablaze.

Wooden Man: Fire! Heavens-to-Betsy! I'm on fire! I'm burning!

Greg managed to pry the boards off and opened the cellar door. He found a group of people looking up at him in surpise. He smiled as he held a hand out.

Greg: Come on! You're safe now!

Sir Y/N continued to fight as Greg raced from cellar to cellar freeing the people inside. As he did, some of the people picked up anything they could use as a weapon and began to fight back against their wooden clones as well.

Soon, everyone was fighting. The flames danced on the wood and the trees and the homes. No one cared. They were just ready for their revenge.

Finally, Greg reached the cellar with Zak. He pried it open and immediately spotted the boy. He smiled as he reached back and pulled something out.

Greg: Come on. We got a fight to join.

He tossed him the Claw which Zak caught. He then smirked.

Zak: Yeah, we do.

Sir Y/N sliced down another creature before he heard a noise. He turned around to see one of the home's ready to collapse. He then looked to see a child standing directly under it.

Sir Y/N: NO!

He moved to save the child, but they were suddenly pulled away by someone else. Zak retracted the Claw and pulled the child to safety just as the building collapsed onto a group of the wooden creatures.

Zak picked up the child and turned to Sir Y/N.

Zak: We have to get everyone out of here! Leave the flames to get these things!

Sir Y/N nodded. He began to shout over the fighting and the flames. He commanded people retreat. As they ran into the woods away from the flames, the crack of thunder filled the air. Dark clouds began to roll in over the town.

As the screams of the wooden people filled the air, the true residents of Hollow Town fled. Sir Y/N lead the way while Zak and Greg protected the back. Courage ran alongside the people.

An hour later, rain began to fall.

Everyone watched from a hill as their town, now nothing more than ruin, was slowly forgotten by the universe.

Zak: Well, I guess that's the end of Hollow Town.
-------------
Tailor: Now, remember what I said about the thimble.

Greg nodded as he sewed Sir Y/N's cloak. The knight was unsure about letting him do so, but Greg insisted that he wanted to learn.

The residents of Hollow Town, or, former residents, rode in the back of wagons in a caravan. With no where else to go, Sir Y/N offered to help them seek refuge back at the Capital.

It was his fault the fire started anyway.

Zak: So, did you have to light your sword on fire?

Sir Y/N: Did you have to get knocked out by an elderly wooden woman?

Zak frowned as he crossed his arms. This you was just as much of a wise guy as you were.

Courage: <I'm just glad to be out of that place>

Sir Y/N: So, what will you do now? You have to find your friends, correct?

Zak nodded.

Zak: Yeah, we do. But, I don't know how we're gonna manage that one. This place is starting to seem much bigger than I originally thought.

Sir Y/N thought about something before he nodded.

Sir Y/N: Very well. I have an offer.

Zak and Courage both lifted their heads.

Sir Y/N: Come with us to the Capital. I can present your problem to the Duke and the Princess. We can form a party to find your friends.

Zak: Wait, seriously?

Sir Y/N smiled.

Sir Y/N: Yes, of course. The princess is a....good friend of mine. Once she hears that you helped me deal with Hollow Town, she would be more than grateful enough to allow you some of our men.

Zak began to smile as did Courage. Looks like they were going to the Capital after all.

It won't be much longer before they find you now.
-----------
Bubbles: I'm glad that everyone seems to be safe. I'm just hoping that Bellarose can take us to Sir Quincy Endicott. It's still so crazy that she looks identical to Buttercup! But, what's the matter with her and the Royal Guard? And why is the Unknown fighting against them?

Bubbles: Next time: Tales of The Unknown Pt. 5!

Bubbles: I really hope you're okay, Y/N.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
566K 12.6K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
117K 4.1K 89
Before anything can begin, it must first Start from Zero. Before there was Red vs Blue, there was Project Freelancer. And before there was Project...
860K 40K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...