The Reason for her Broken Hea...

By _zarawrites_

"I want to love you but it hurts too much" "If you give me this chance Zara you will never regret it" ... More

Description
Aesthetics
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two

thirty three

4.6K 93 90
By _zarawrites_

Third Person

Valentine's day is usually a day where you celebrate and honor your most loved one but for Zara and Adonis, I wouldn't say the same.

Zara thought she would wake up and be the happiest person on earth but this was definitely the most tragic day in her book. Even her mother's death didn't compare to the heartbreak she would experience that night.

So I'll say this now, fuck Adonis Martinez.

Adonis POV

Today is valentine's day and I have some things planned for Zara and me. We woke up a few hours ago and had breakfast. Mama also took Eli after hinting that would be "too busy getting it in." She has no idea.

Zara has been in the bathroom for a while now and I'm not sure what she's doing. It's 5 pm and we have dinner at 7, so we should be getting ready. She got her hair done 2 days ago and she looks out of this world. She makes me feel so lucky, I never want to lose this feeling.

4 hours

I opened up my phone to make sure everything was going correctly. This is the last day I'll have to lead the mafia. Soon it'll be Mateo's problem, not mine.

The shipments were according to date and all the properties were being guarded. My phone dinged as messages from Ashley and Lucy swarmed my phone. Them constantly reminding me of our deal, them constantly threatening Zara's life, them constantly threatening Eli's life. I have to remember I'm doing it for them. I only ever do anything for them.

I heard a small bang come from the bathroom and my eyes shot up and I rushed over to the bathroom. "Belleza, are you okay in there?"

I didn't hear anything so I began to try and open the door. And to my luck, it's locked. "Fuck, Belleza open the door."

"I'm- I'm fine Adonis. Just hold on." She answered quietly. I could hear her silently picking things up and moments later opening the door. "I was fixing my lace." She gave me a smile and placed a hand on my chest before moving forward and closing the door behind her.

The smile she gave was fake, she must think I'm a fool to not know when her smiles are legit. Zara was never the best at expressing her emotions and I don't want to push her to talk to me. The other night she had opened up to me about her mental health issues and how she was diagnosed with selective mutism when she was younger. That she became a daycare teacher because it was easier for her to talk to kids. She explained to me how most kids are too young to understand and truly judge someone.

She talked to me about her family. How her dad would hit her if she didn't talk and her mom would always defend her. She told me how she thinks her father was always abusive so when her mother passed it made him more open to abusing her and her sister.

She's really the strongest person I know, which makes what I have to do even worse.

"Ok, well get ready, we're going out to eat." Her fake smile turned into a real one, her dimples growing deeper. "There's the smile I remember."

She rolled her eyes before walking closer to the closet. "I forget you stalk me like some creep."

"If loving you makes a creep then whatever."

"I can't believe that." She grabbed her makeup bag moving over to the vanity. I moved as well adjusting my outfit in the mirror behind her.

"Believe what?"

"That you really love me. I guess- I've never really had someone who loved me." She turned so she was now facing me. "And I really appreciate that. And you better not fuck you because I might just lose my mind."

The smile on my face slightly faltered.

Third-person

Now, I know what you might be thinking. A cute couple dinner and probably some nice mind-blowing sex afterward but that's not what happened at all.

So they strolled to the restaurant and just like planned ate dinner and waited for the bill.

"So how did you guys enjoy your meal?" And like most times Zara got the waiter's attention. She was absolutely gorgeous, young, and she had no ring on her finger. If anything this meal could mean nothing.

Most nights she would not respond and Adonis would rescue her and say the words she wanted to say but couldn't. But this night was different he didn't stop the constant stares and the fuck me eyes men were giving her. He could see how uncomfortable she was getting but he didn't mind- he didn't care.

"Just bring us the fucking bill." Zara's eyes widened at his response but didn't utter a sound. It felt like her mouth was held shut under the gaze of the men in the restaurant. But the waiter, the waiter didn't seem to hear the angry man and continued to look at Zara. Adonis was now furious. He balled his fists and slammed them against the table moving the plates and cups of water.

"Bring the fucking bill. Actually, forget it." He dug in his wallet for a couple of 100s and slammed them on the table, getting up and grabbing Zara with him.

And you're probably wondering what could have gotten Adonis so mad in a short time between being at home and coming to the restaurant. Who knows, not even he understood what got him so angry. But now Zara was angry too.

He marched outside still gripping Zara's arm the process. When he reached the car he opened the door and shoved her inside. He knew what he was doing was wrong but he wanted her to hate him. He needed her to hate him.

"Do you fucking mind. Don't you ever grab me like I'm some side bitch. Yo-"

"I'll do whatever I please Zara. You're living in my house, ok? I pay the fucking bills so I can do whatever. I. Fucking. Want!"

1 Hour

"No! You wanted me to come to stay with you! I was fine on my own, I always have been on my own until you came along. You don't get to scream at me for no fucking reason."

"It's funny how you suddenly can speak because in there someone would have thought you were mute. Oh wait, you kinda are, aren't you?"

She was silent, she couldn't believe what she was hearing. She couldn't believe the man she had fallen so deeply in love with was treating her this way.

"You fucking freak-"

Freak

Freak

Freak

The words jumbled in her head and she knew that this whole love thing was a hoax. Love was temporary to her, how could someone devote their life to someone when you don't even know what's to come. If you would have told her weeks ago that this would happen she would have believed you, packed her shit, and left him behind. But sadly no one can predict the future and it felt like her whole world was crashing down.

I think something in her head clicked and she couldn't hear a word anymore. None of the bad things he was saying were entering her head. It was for the better.

She didn't know what was going on until Adonis slammed the door and stomped to the house. She hurried out and ran after him.

Call her pathetic but she had reached the point where she needed someone. Maybe if the story was different she would forgive him and move on, she didn't want him to leave her.

She was always dependent. On her mother, her sister, even her deadbeat father. She was so distraught she didn't notice mama's car in the driveway. She didn't notice Eli happily running after his mother. He hide behind the pillar hoping to scare his mother when she came back.

Adonis was down the stairs adjusting his suit. Hand on his suitcase. He looked up when he saw Zara frozen in place staring at all his luggage. "You can keep the house, the cars, everything really. I have some money that I just sent to your account, it should keep you nice and stocked for some months. Enough to start that company-"

"You're leaving me?"

Tears poured down her face as she tried not to have a panic attack. Her heart was breaking right in front of his face and he didn't have any emotion on his face. " That's the idea. We don't work, we never will. This, Zara, was all a mistake."

He fixed his suit one more time before walking past her making her stumble to the side. "Take care Belleza." He dropped a note in her hand hoping no one saw it before leaving the house.

She watched as a white car came and he stepped in. Men grabbed his bags and closed his door. And when she thought that was it, that this was the worst of the worst Ashley and Lucy came into view.

"Remember in high school when you won prettiest senior and I told you that I would get revenge. Consider this revenge taken." Ashley spoke, her arm wrapped around Lucy's.

"Don't take it personally babe. I mean did you really think he would settle for a girl like you? A girl can dream." This time they both laughed. "Daddy will be so happy I completed a task right this time."

"Toodles Zaza!"

They hoped in their cars and sped away. She looked down and quickly opened the note he left her.

"I loved her like I had never loved anyone before. Her lips were turned in a smile pout and the hickeys I gave lingered. I hope she would move on and find someone who could love her and stay, unlike me. Maybe in another lifetime she would forgive me and understand what I did. Maybe one day my son would forgive me. I'm doing this all for them, everything I ever did was for them. Tears poured from my eyes 'When would I ever see her again?' Love, I always thought it was a hoax, a temporary feeling only idiots felt. That all changed when I saw a gorgeous woman working at the daycare I just happened to sign my son up for. Well, I guess I am an idiot, an idiot for thinking we would end up happily ever after. In another lifetime Belleza."

A page from his diary he wrote when she first moved in.

"Mommy?"

A gasp left her lips. She didn't know Elias was there. That he just witnessed his father leaving him and his real mother leaving him for the second time. "Baby come here."

"Daddy is gone?"

"I think so, I'm so sorry baby."

That night she cried, screamed, and shouted. How could he? How could someone be so cruel?

"I loved you!!"

"I trusted you, I told you my secrets and thoughts."

She couldn't explain how she felt but she knew that she had completely forgotten what it felt like to be completely and utterly alone.

It felt like she just might lose her mind

She had been alone before but this time it was her and her son and she knew she couldn't mess up. But this isn't the end of the story, no. Zara King would never, will never let a man hurt her again.

The End

... For Now

So This is the end of the first book and I don't know why I'd didn't have any Motivation to write this chapter. But it's finally done.

1. Zara is now the legal guardian of Elias Martinez, so yeah
2. The second book should come out soon
3. I'm also feeling like changing the name from this basic one like- pls
4. Also there will hella groveling next book so stay fucking tuned in
5. Did anyone predict this??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 5.7K 51
[Highest Ranking - #33 in Teen Pregnancy] "My mother always told me that my teenage years are the time of my life, so make it count. That is exactly...
443K 15.5K 25
Blossom and Bloom Graceful and Tender - She couldn't believe her ears, or her eyes. Her husband, the man she loves, the father of her unborn baby, wa...
5.7K 640 53
Zara was leaving the man who she considered to be the love of her life, who'd become her first ever home, to pursue her life-long dreams. Heartbroken...
41.6K 2K 51
Axel is a man that values family over everything. He's ready to make sure his family has the best life at any cost but finds himself at a loss when h...