Façades [A Zuko x OC Story]

Galing kay secretsnooze

Li Mei is put in a tough spot when she is reintroduced to an old childhood friend. Having to constantly choos... Higit pa

A Small Note
Prologue
1 - The Avatar Returns
2 - Meeting an Old Friend
4 - Painful Memories
5 - Training Days
6 - Untold Stories
7 - Dancing Dragon
8 - A Beautiful View
9 - The Sniffer Mole
10 - Firebending
11 - Disrespect to Ancient Cultures
12 - Confrontation
13 - Reunion
14 - The Moon Spirit
15 - Home Sweet Home
16 - An Unexpected Guest
17 - Troubles of the Heart
18 - A Journey to the Walled City
19 - A New Found Home
20 - The Tales of Ba Sing Se
21 - Appa
22 - A Conflict of Emotions
23 - Change
24 - A Sense of Betrayal
25 - Welcome Home, Li Mei
26 - Li Mei Alone
27 - Ember Island
28 - A Special Visit
29 - The Great Escape
30 - Rekindling
31 - Dancing Dragon... Again
32 - Prison Break
33 - Forgiveness
34 - A Field Trip with Li Mei
35 - The Ember Island Players
36 - Nightmares
37 - The Avatar is Lost
38 - Reclaiming Ba Sing Se
39 - The Fire Lord's Coronation
Epilogue
Parting Words

3 - An Unexpected Truce

685 16 1
Galing kay secretsnooze

Zuko joins the other Fire Sages and tries to open the door but once again, the door is locked shut, unable to be opened from the outside.

"Why isn't it working? It's sealed shut!" Zuko angrily yells at the Fire Sages.

"It must have been the light. Avatar Roku doesn't want us inside." The head Fire Sage responds to Zuko's angry remark. Zuko turns back around and glares at me. He marches up to me with a scowl.

"Did you need something, Firefly?" I smirk at him teasingly.

"Don't call me that!" Zuko yells into my face, "Why are you helping the Avatar?"

"Why not? Seemed like fun... Betraying the Fire Nation." I reply with a smile playing on my lips.

Another new voice echoes through the hall, "What a moving and heartfelt performance. I'm certain the Fire Lord will understand when you explain why you betrayed him."

"Because I really care what Fire Lord Ozai thinks." I spit back at the stranger.

The other Fire Sages bow and greet the stranger, "Commander Zhao."

"And Prince Zuko. It was a noble effort, but your little smokescreen didn't work." Zhao's soldiers grab Zuko and pull his arms behind his back, "Two traitors in one day, the Fire Lord will be pleased."

"You're too late, Zhao! The Avatar's inside and the doors are sealed." Zuko snaps back,

"No matter. Sooner or later, he has to come out." Zhao states confidently. I share a concerned look with Sokka and Katara.

"When those doors open, unleash all your firepower!" Shouts Zhao to all his men. I can see Katara and Sokka talking from their column on the other side of the hall though, I am too far to hear what they speak of.

The large door starts glowing white and slowly begins to open, revealing a bright light shining through the crack in the door forcing me to squint my eyes.

"Ready.." Zhao begins, "Fire!"

Before the fire can strike the Avatar, it begins to swirl around the true target which appears to be... Avatar Roku? Roku sends the fire blasts back at the soldiers, knocking them down and melting the chains that bind my arms in the process.

I look at the two other teens, "We have to get out of here! Roku is going to wipe this temple off the map!" I yell at them, pointing towards the exit.

"Not without Aang!" Katara yells back.

I leap over the pool of lava that Roku has now sent purging on the temple. Reaching the others I join them in hiding behind the column waiting for Aang to reveal himself. The smoke from the room slowly pulls back into the sanctuary as I peer around the edge of the column. Once the smoke fully retracts it reveals the slumped figure of Aang in the center of the room.

The three of us run to Aang's aid before he comes crashing to the ground. Aang looks up at me with his tired eyes, "Are you coming with us Li Mei? I could use a firebending teacher."

"I'm afraid not, Avatar Aang. I have some unfinished business to deal with. But, if we meet again in the future, you will be sure to find a friend in me." I finish by placing a quick kiss on the top of the Avatar's bald head.

I turn my attention to Sokka and Katara, "I hope we'll meet again. Good luck." I stand and wave to them as I run off down the hallway.

I am almost at the front door of the sanctuary when a strong hand grabs my robes by the neck and pulls me back almost causing me to fall.

"Are you trying to get captured?" A husky voice scolds from behind me.

"I didn't know you cared so much, Zuko," I say, turning to him with a pout wiping fake tears from my eyes.

"I don't." He looks down at me, "I need you."

"Wow! I didn't know we were declaring our love for each other. Seems a little soon don't you thi-" Before I can finish my sentence he grabs my collar and pulls me out of the front doors towards a small boat, "Get in." He orders.

"No."

"Get in. Or I'll roast you alive."

"I thought you needed me," I reply sarcastically. He pushes me onto the small watercraft making me fall on the deck of the boat face first, "Ow! You could be nicer, you know."

"I don't have to be nice to prisoners." He seethes at me.

"Prisoners!? I am not your prisoner!" I shout pointing my finger in between his eyes. "I'm simply here because I don't feel like paying a visit to your dear old dad right now." Zuko doesn't reply as he pulls out a telescope and watches as the Avatar soars over us on his sky bison. After lowering his telescope we set off onto Zuko's main ship in awkward silence. Every once in a while I notice Zuko glaring at me from the corner of his eyes.

"So, how'd you get the scar?" I ask awkwardly to clear the silence.

"Be quiet. You're my prisoner. I'm not talking to you." Zuko grumbles in response.

"Touchy subject I'm guessing."

"Shut up!"

"It was a firebender, right?" I clarify. Zuko's face contorts with rage and he grips the front of my robes "I told you to shut up!" He spits, pushing me back.

I decide not to push the subject any further.

We arrive at the large Fire Nation ship. I make my way to the deck and I am met with another very familiar face.

"Iroh!" I exclaim running and wrapping my arms around the older man.

"Prince Zuko, I was not expecting you to bring back a friend," Iroh says with a big smile as he hugs me back.

"Trust me. I wasn't expecting to be here either," I say glaring over at Zuko's back.

"She is not my friend, she is my prisoner. She was working with the Avatar. She may know some important information about where he is headed next." He turns to match my glare with his own.

"That is no way to treat an old friend, Prince Zuko." Iroh turns to me, "How would you like some tea, Li Mei?"

"Jasmine?"

"But of course." Iroh smiles at me just like he used to when I was younger.

-

Sitting across from Iroh gives me a familiar feeling of home that I haven't felt in years, "So, why is Zuko so Avatar crazy anyway?" I say taking a sip from my cup and looking at Iroh over the rim.

"He has been banished."

"Banished!" I gape, "I guess that's something we have in common. But why is he after the Avatar?" I place my cup back on the table.

"My brother, Fire Lord Ozai says he will restore Prince Zuko's honour if he brings the Avatar back to the Fire Nation."

I slam my hand down on the table, "Can't he see that the Avatar is more important than his stupid honour! If he hands the Avatar over to the Fire Lord we'll never have a chance of restoring peace!"

"You want to say that to my face?" Zuko stands in the doorframe behind me. He now wears more casual clothing, having removed his armour.

"I will say it to your face, Prince Zuko! You are an idiot! Can't you see that?" I spit, pushing past him as I march off to the deck.

I take a few deep breaths. I can't blow up at him like that again or he truly will throw me in a jail cell. Footsteps walk up to me from behind.

"I'll apologize to Zuko later, Iroh. I just need some time to think." Isigh deeply.

"That's good to hear." A gruff voice replies. Whipping my head around I meet Zuko's gaze, "I'm here to take you to your chamber." He says briskly.

"Why couldn't Iroh do that?"

"He said I should do it," Zuko grumbles, averting his gaze and heading back to the door. I slink behind him silently following his ponytailed head down the halls under the deck.

"In here." He aggressively points his finger at the room.

"Okay... Thanks." I say as I step under and around his arm that he has yet to put down. As soon as I enter the room he puts his arm down and stomps off back down the hall from where we came from.

Right before he enters his own chamber I call down the hall to him, "Firefly!"

He snaps his head towards me with an annoyed expression, "I thought I told you not to c-"

I interrupt him with a small bow, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said those things earlier. I'm sure you have your reasons to be chasing the Avatar." I flash him a friendly smile, "I just hope that I can stick around long enough to change your mind."

I swiftly turn around and slam my door behind me before he can further grumble about my annoyingness. Leaning against the door I take a deep breath before sitting on the edge of my bed stripping off my robes leaving me in just my undergarments. The sheets feel soft and I slide comfortably into them. Though the bed feels comfortable I'm sure it will take me a while to get used to sleeping in a metal chamber under the water after living in the temple for almost four years.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

20.2K 695 20
As thunder clashes and waves crash against his ship, Zuko and his Uncle Iroh discover a mysterious girl discovered adrift in the treacherous waters...
867K 40.2K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
317K 11.6K 47
The Guider Effect: A term the monks used to describe the influence the chosen one had on humanity. Everyone's destiny becomes one. ☼Zuko x OC☼ ☼An A...
222K 7.8K 16
Azula and Zuko have always been competitive with each other. When it comes to Uzume, it's no different. - starts in Book 2: Earth zuko x fem!oc sligh...