It's Always Been You | Lee Su...

By SaaiiFazz

Son Areum and Lee Suhyeok are two childhood friends since they were 10-years old. Since the day Areum moved t... More

Characters Information
Prologue
Episode 1 - The day before where all began
Episode 1 - The day where all began part 1
Episode 1 - The day where all began Part 2
Episode 2 - The beginning of the zombie apocalypse Part 1
Episode 2 - The beginning of the zombie apocalypse Part 2
Episode 3 - Trust Issue
Episode 3 - The loss of a friend
Episode 4 - The night during the zombie apocalypse
Episode 4 - Searching for a phone
Episode 5 - Searching for Cheongsan
Episode 6 - The music room
Episode 6 - The bite mark
Episode 7 - The confession
Episode 7 - The musical attraction
Episode 8 - The rooftop
Episode 8 - Campfire on the rooftop
Episode 9 - The rescue mission gone wrong
Episode 9 - Rainy night
Episode 10 - Cheongsan's mom
Episode 10 - The escape plan
Episode 11 - A father's sacrifice
Episode 11 - Away from Hyosan high school

Episode 9 - The uninvited incomer

2.5K 67 4
By SaaiiFazz

Cheongsan ran toward Onjo’s direction to help the girl he likes. At the same time, Gwinam pushed Onjo away and ran toward the boy in the green vest, in order to meet him mid-way. Once the two boys met in the middle of their route, the Yoon boy managed to get closer to Cheongsan and roughly pinned Cheongsan to the hard ground, making the boy in the green vest groan in pain.

“Cheongsan!” Suhyeok shouted.

Quick to his reflex, Suhyeok ran to Cheongsan’s direction to help his close friend from being choked by the bully boy, leaving behind the rest of his group of friends.

Cheongsan was trying his best to fight the bloody-boy when he saw one of Gwinam’s hands try to press on one of his eyes. Comparing the two boys’ strengths, Gwinam had great advantages compared to Cheongsan due to their fighting position as well as the Yoon boy had newly found strength.

“Give me your eye, asshole.” Gwinam muttered in anger as he kept pressing his thumb on one of Cheongsan’s eyes. 

Areum flinched in discomfort when she could hear the sound of squishing coming from Cheongsan and the bully boy. Few seconds later, the rest of the surviving students could hear Cheongsan yelled in pain as Gwinam kept pressing his thumb on his left eye.

Watching and hearing her childhood friend shouting in pain, Onjo immediately rose from the cold floor and quickly ran to help Cheongsan. Once she reached the two boys in fast motion, the white hoodie girl was breathing heavily as she tried to push the bully boy away from hurting Cheongsan. 

However, the white hoodie girl’s effort of helping her childhood friend was tossed away like a flicked of a fly when Gwinam easily threw Onjo away from disturbing him any longer. Onjo shrieked in shock when she was being thrown by the bully boy a few meters away from the two boys.

“Onjo!” Both Hyeryeong and Jimin shouted as the two girls instantly went to help her.

On the other side of the rooftop, Suhyeok managed to kick the side of the Yoon boy’s body away from his close friend after he managed to approach them. Stepping over Cheongsan’s body, the tall boy went to charge to Gwinam before the bully boy was able to regain his balance from his fall. 

From where she was standing, Areum could see Suhyeok managed to dodge the punches that Gwinam threw in his direction and made the one-eyed boy stumble after Suhyeok kicked the back of the bully boy’s knee.

Once again, the tall boy was able to avoid his opponent's punch as he shouldered onto Gwinam’s torso from coming over to his close friend. While Suhyeok was fighting against the uninvited incomer, the rest of the male students went to help Cheongsan.

Trying to get rid of Suhyeok from holding onto his torso after many attempts,  Gwinam quickly hit both of his fists on the tall boy’s back with his new strength, making Suhyeok kneeled over on the hard ground as he grunted in pain. Then, without wasting any time, Gwinam kicked the tall boy away to the group of broken metal table stands.

“Suhyeok!” Joonyeong shouted as he quickly went to help his friend.

Once he approached the tall boy, Joonyeong could see that Suhyeok was in massive pain after receiving a huge kick from the uninvited incomer. 

“Suhyeok, are you okay?” The boy with glasses asked in concern after hearing his friend groan in pain.

Across the rooftop, Areum instantly noticed the changes on her body after witnessing Suhyeok getting kicked from the bloody boy as the distant sound of her bones crunching could be heard through her own ears.

The beauty was breathing shakily with her eyes closed when she could feel her head and left hand begin to involuntary twitch as black veins and red spot began to reappear on her left jaw. 

Unknown to the beauty, Namra had witnessed her close friend's sudden change of appearance after notiving Areum began to twitch differently. Fully aware that her close friends would never hurt her, Namra held onto Areum’s right hand and gave a gentle squeeze as comfort. 

Areum then slowly opened her brown eyes and turned her head to Namra when she felt the gently squeezed on her right hand, only to see that the class president held a small smile on her face, silently reassuring Areum that everything would be fine.

“Shit.” The black haired girl managed to hear Joonyeong cursed when he saw the one-eyed male student still standing in front of them after receiving a few kicks from Suhyeok. 

“Who the hell are you?” Gwinam asked in his raspy voice after glancing over at each of the surviving students on the rooftop.

“What about you? Are you from the One Heart club?” Daesu bravely asked the bully boy after seeing the one-eyed boy was wearing the club official team’s jacket.

“It’s me.” The Yoon boy said with a smug smile as he put his hands on his jacket’s pockets. 

“Don’t you know me?” Gwinam asked when he had not received any reactions from the students in front of him.

“How the fuck do you not know me?” The one-eyed boy questioned with anger laced in his tone of voice.

“I know you. I said it many times before. You were the bullies' gopher.” Cheongsan mentioned while Gwinam kept chewing something inside his mouth. 

However, his munching motion came to a stop when he heard the word ‘gopher’ coming out of Cheongsan's mouth. Instantly, the bully boy grunted in anger with one of his hands coming out of his pocket as he seemed ready to punch Cheongsan,  making the rest of the group of friends flinch away in fear.

“If you call me that again, I’ll kill you.” Gwinam threatened as he pointed his index finger in warning.

“You weren’t a gangster or a good student. And now you’re not a zombie or a human. No matter the time or place… you’re nothing.” Cheongsan claimed. 

After hearing his statement, Areum could not help thinking if her other friends also thought of herself and Namra as either a zombie or a human because of their similarities traits to both human as well as zombie.

“I won’t just kill you.” The Yoon boy nodded his head to himself after deciding what to do with the boy, who had irritated him. “I’ll gouge out both of your eyes and feed your blind ass to the zombies.” He added.

“Everyone but Cheongsan can go.” The bloody boy informed as he eyed the rest of the group of friends. 

“Unless you want to die.” He continued as he stepped forward to try to intimidate the rest of the students. But when he saw no bodies had bulged away from Cheongsan, Gwinam stared at them with a deadly glare.

“You're all dead.” The one-eyed boy muttered before sprinting toward Cheongsan. Once the Yoon boy managed to come near Cheongsan, the two boys grabbed on each other's shoulders and began to wrestle each other using their own strength. 

“Let’s help him.” Wujin instructed after seeing Cheongsan was wrestling with the uninvited incomer. The plump boy nodded his head in agreement.

Both Wujin and Daesu quickly rushed to help Cheongsan as they were trying their best to push the bloody boy away from their friend. Seeing her friends struggling with the school bully, Jimin rushed to help the other two boys by pulling the one-eyed boy’s arm away from Cheongsan whereas Joonyeong hurriedly went to help them by grabbing the wooden plank on the floor.

“Cheongsan! Get out of the way!” Joonyeong shouted to Cheongsan before smacking the wooden plank on Gwinam’s head, which caused the plank to break into pieces whilst the Yoon boy still remained unharmed from the strong impact.

All of their efforts in pushing the Yoon boy were worthless when Gwinam effortlessly kicked Joonyeong a few feet away on the hard ground with three other students restraining him from behind.

After he kicked the boy with glasses, Gwinam roughly swung his arm away, making the three students on his back lose their grip on the bloody boy. Due to the strong force, Jimin had fallen on the hard floor while Gwinam grabbed Wujin’s collar shirt and pushed him to the plump boy, resulting in them falling harshly on the floor. 

Seeing the opportunity when Gwinam was busy pushing his friends away, Cheongsan rose from his kneeled position and quickly punched the bully boy. Unfortunately, Gwinam managed to dodge the boy’s punch and struck a punch at Cheongsan’s face with his newly found strength.

Cheongsan fell with a thud after Gwinam smacked him across the face. Not seeing the figure of the bloody boy due to the pain he had experienced, Cheongsan was once again thrown away near the group of female students after Gwinam kicked him in the stomach. 

Taking his sweet time, the Yoon boy slowly walked up to Cheongsan as the three female students helped him up. The raging boy was ready to get his revenge but was stopped when he heard a yell coming from Suhyeok as well as a smashed of the wooden easel on his back, breaking it into pieces.

Suhyeok managed to stop the bully boy from going to his friends. Once he saw Gwinam turn his whole attention to see the person who attacked him from behind, Suhyeok quickly swung again with the broken piece of easel he was holding in his hand toward the one-eyed boy but Gwinam managed to grab his arm, causing Suhyeok to lose his grip on the wooden plank. Then, Gwinam grabbed Suhyeok’s neck using his free hand, choking the tall boy as he moved the tall boy by moving forward.

Suhyeok instantly began to roughly hit his opponent's hand, but to no avail Gwinam still remained gripped Suhyeok’s throat. Using his last fighting tactic, Suhyeok jumped to the air and kicked his legs to Gwinam’s upper body, making the one eyed boy lose his grip on Suhyeok’s neck. 

Suhyeok managed to catch the sight of Gwinam’s body bent in an inhuman nature from where he had fallen after kicking Gwinam away. Suhyeok continued to watch Gwinam began to straightened his body posture with the sound of bone cracking.

On the opposite side of the rooftop, Areum slowly removed her hand away from Namra when she had the urge to fight the uninvited incomer from attacking her friends, especially Suhyeok. The black haired girl had witnessed all of the commotion in front of her as her left hand kept twitching involuntarily and black veins slowly began to appear on it.

“Areum-ah.” Namra called her close friends after she noticed Areum removed her hand. The class president then looked at her close friend’s condition, only to see that the redness and the black veins on her left jaw had become worse compared to before.

The beauty had enough of it as anger began to rile up inside her body once she saw the bully boy pushed Suhyeok onto the stashed metals on the ground.

Not wasting any time, Areum grabbed a piece of wood on the lit fire and smacked it on Gwinam’s back, making the one-eyed boy turn to look at her.

“You again.” Gwinam uttered as he grabbed her neck and swung her over. The black haired girl then grunted as she tried to remove his hand from her neck. Then, out of nowhere, Gwinam punched her in the face, causing her to groan in pain after falling on the cold floor.

Once he was done dealing with the students who tried to stop him, Gwinam then turned his attention to Cheongsan and slowly began to walk his way. However, before he could go near the boy, Areum quickly grabbed the sharp broken wood that was lying next to her with heavy breaths and stabbed Gwinam’s mid calf, stopping from walking any further.

Due to Areum’s small action, Gwinam yelped in pain as he looked at the source of his pain. Once he spotted his pain, the bloody boy quickly yanked the wood out of his leg and tried to attack Areum, who stood from her previous position, with the sharp wood.

Luckily, Areum held the bully boy’s arm before the sharp wood pierced through her skin as the beauty began to twist and push him away in order to get the sharp wood loose from his grip.

“Let go.” Gwinam threatened as he glared at the black haired girl in front of him. 

“Let go, you fucker!” Gwinam yelled when the beauty did not let the wood go from her hand. Feeling frustrated with the beauty, the bully boy once again punched the beauty, making the black haired girl fall from the strong impact. 

With determination in her willingness to prevent the bloody boy coming to her friends, Areum still held onto the broken wood as Gwinam kicked her legs, lifting her through the air.

Once the beauty landed on the hard ground, the Yoon grunted in annoyance as he pulled the sharp wood away from the black haired girl. Areum whimpered in pain when she felt her whole body was being dragged when Gwinam tried to pull the sharp wood from her hand. 

“Let it go. Fuck!” Gwinam shouted in anger as he swung the black haired girl around through the air to the hard floor before crashing her forearm. Aruem whimpered in pain when she felt the dislocation of her bone on her forearm after Gwinam stomped it with his shoe with strong force.

Before the Yoon boy was able to grab the back of Areum’s green cardigan, out of nowhere, Namra threw the boy away from her close friend, surprising the bully boy in the process after receiving the sudden attack coming from the class president. Then, Namra quickly sprinted toward Gwinam and struck the boy in anger after witnessing her close friend’s pain. 

The bully boy was unable to dodge her punches as he kept stumbling over his legs. But once he managed to balance his stumbled legs, Gwinam easily dodged the class president’s punches as he counter attacked his punched toward Namra before he kicked her away in her stomach. Due to his newly found strength, Namra flew a few feet away from Areum. 

Smirking to himself when he saw the two defeated female students, Gwinam began to walk toward Namra’s direction and pulled her up by tugging harshly on her black long hair. 

When Areum saw Namra was in trouble, the black haired girl quickly rose up from her position and silently rushed her way to help her close friend. Once she reached them, Areum instantly kicked Gwinam’s injured back knee, making the boy shout in pain as his knee broke in an inhuman way. Then, the beauty kicked the side of the bully’s body, making him fall on the floor with a hard thud and at the same time, releasing Namra’s hair.

Once Gwinam released his tight hold on Namra’s hair, Areum instantly grabbed Namra’s hand and placed the class president behind her, protecting her from Gwinam. All of the surviving students then watched and flinched in fear when Gwinam unnaturally twisted his knee back on its position once he stood from the floor. The Yoon boy glared his way toward the two intelligent duos when they disturbed his revenge plan to the boy that gouged one of his eyes with a phone.

“Aish.” Gwinam groaned in frustration after glaring at the two female students in front of him. The Yoon boy finally got the chance to clearly see the two girls' sudden change of appearance as black veins and redness were visible on Areum’s left jaw and under Namra’s left eye.

“You two again! Can you stop interrupting me?! Especially you, beautiful.” The one-eyed boy shouted as he stared down at Areum, who stood protective in front of her close friend.

“You don’t want to see me when I’m angry, beautiful.” He continued as he took a step forward toward the two girls.

“Then, get lost.” Areum bravely told him off.

“What’s your problem, anyway? Why are you always targeting Cheongsan?” The black haired girl continued as she anxiously stared at the bully boy slowly approaching them.

“You see this.” Gwinam uttered as he pointed his bloody eye with his index finger.

“That bastard over there stabbed my good eye.” He continued as he motioned his head toward Cheongsan’s direction.

“I’m sure he’s doing that for a reason.” The beauty mentioned as Areum and Namra remained on their spot. “And I can assure you with all your past actions, you’d deserve it.” 

Boiling in anger, the facial expression on the Yoon boy immediately turned into a rage. Then, out of nowhere, Gwinam began to dart toward the two intelligent duos. Startled with the Yoon boy's sudden move, both Areum and Namra moved out of the way, causing Gwinam to stumble onto the clatter of metal stands. 

Once he rose back up from the fall, Gwinam immediately rushed to his selected target and threw punches to Areum. Luckily, the beauty was able to dodge the punches that Gwinam threw in her direction. Seeing Gwinam's determination filled with rage, Areum took the opportunity to use his raging feeling as his weakness. 

The black haired girl knew some of the fight skills that her grandfather had taught when she was young as Areum harshly threw slaps across his face, making the boy stumble on his walk and became unfocused with his vision.

However, the Yoon boy was quickly to his recovery as he managed to grab a handful of Areum’s black hair, preventing her from attacking him any longer.

“You smell nice, beautiful.” Gwinam commented as he kept staring at Areum, who was struggling to get free from Gwinam’s tight grip.

“You and I are on the same side. Why would you still defend them when clearly you’re different from them?” He remarked once he stared at Areum’s appearance.

“Smell me. We’re the same. Go on.” The Yoon boy suggested as he leaned closer to Areum’s face, trying to make the beauty to sniff his scent. 

“Fuck off.” Areum stated in a cold tone as she glared at the side profile of the boy, who tightly gripped onto her black hair. Once she finished saying her last words to the boy, Areum instantly grabbed his hair and threw him away on the floor, making the one-eyed boy startled with her sudden move.

Before Gwinam could charge to the beauty, Suhyeok dashed to the bully and kicked the back of his knee, causing the bloody boy to hold onto Suhyeok before he could fall. Then, quick to his own reflex, Gwinam started to choke Suhyeok’s neck as he pinned the tall boy over the edge of the building ledge.

Seeing Suhyeok was being choked over the edge of the school building wall, Areum quickly sprinted toward the two boys. The black haired girl then grabbed the back of Gwinam’s white jacket and threw him over the rooftop, in the process releasing his grip on Suhyeok’s neck in the process.

Grabbing onto Suhyeok’s hand from falling, the pair were both breathing heavily as they watched Gwinam’s body fall from the rooftop. Feeling Areum’s shaking hand on top of his hand, Suhyeok turned his head to Areum, only to see the beauty was breathing heavily after fighting Gwinam.

Once Areum faced him, Suhyeok could clearly see her appearance was getting worse compared to before. Staring down on her lips, the tall boy could spot the wound on her lips. Slowly the tall boy lifted his right hand and brushed his thumb over her wound to wipe the blood from her lips.

“It’s okay now.” Suhyeok whispered as he stared at Areum’s brown worry eyes.

When Areum saw the worried expression from the tall boy, the beauty knew that the redness and the black veins on her left jaw were still there, making her unconsciously insecure of her appearance. This small action had made the black haired turned her face away from Suhyeok.

Unknown to the pair, Onjo was watching their interaction with sadness before lowering her gaze down to the floor as the white hoodie girl held onto the side of her body after getting thrown away by the bully boy.

***********

Once all of the surviving students calmed down after the fight with one of the school bullies, the students of class 2-5 once again sat in a group of circles around the campfire.

From where she was sitting, Areum could see that Joonyeong was trying to fix his spectacles after being thrown to the hard floor. When he was unable to fix his glasses, Joonyeong sighed in defeat

“Damn, it’s stings.” Daesu complained as he checked the wound on his elbow.

Areum watched all of her friends as they tried to ease their pain after fighting their best with the school bully. The pain on her forearm turned numbed after Gwinam stomp on her arm. When her brown eyes landed on Suhyeok, who was sitting beside her as the tall boy messaged his right shoulder, in order to ease the pain. 

“I’m fine, Rumnie-yah.” Suhyeok mentioned after spotting Areum’s worried gaze. The black haired girl stared at the tall boy in disbelief, not completely believed Suhyeok’s words.

“No, you’re clearly not fine.” Areum uttered as her eyes motioned toward his right shoulder.

“Really, I’m fin- Ackk~.” The tall boy groaned in pain as he continued to hold his pained shoulder when the beauty gently poked her left index finger on his right shoulder. Once the beauty heard him grunted, Areum stared at him with a knowing look, indicating her point of his throbbing shoulder.

“Fine. My shoulder just felt a bit sting from the falling.” Suhyeok sighed when he could not lie to the beauty, who was sitting beside him.

“Don’t worry about me. It’ll heal eventually.” He uttered, reassuring when he saw the anxious look from the beauty.

“How could I not worry? You’re always jumping into a fight whenever there's danger.” Areum muttered as she stared at his black eyes.

“You nearly fell off the building, Suhyeok-ah. I don’t know what I'll do if you fall to your death.” She added as she bit her lips, trying to hold her tears at the thought of the boy she likes fallen to his death. 

“I’m here now. I’m sitting beside you. You save me once again before I fall to my death.” The tall boy mentioned as he brushed his thumb on Areum lips, releasing them from her biting them any longer. 

“Besides, I’m the one who is supposed to protect you. Not the other way around. Remember my promise when we were ten.” Suhyeok chuckled when he remembered their first encounter in their neighborhood’s playground. 

“And you’ve kept your promise. For the past 8 years.” The black haired girl laughed when she remembered the flash of memories of the first meeting after moving to her current hometown.

“What the hell is wrong with that Gwinam kid? You said he got bitten.” Joonyeong grumbled as he looked at Cheongsan, who was sitting on his left side after he was unable to fix his glasses. Both Suhyeok and Areum looked over at Joonyeong when they heard him start questioning about one of the school’s bullies.

“I also don’t know.” Cheongsan mumbled as he glanced back to look at the flame fire in front of him. “It looks like he became something totally different.”

“I don’t think he can die.” Suhyeok commented as he continued to massage his shoulder blade.

“What if he climbs back up here?” Wujin asked as he looked over to his friends before landing his eyes to Namra, who was sharing the blanket with his female cousin.

“He’s bad enough…but to be honest, I’m scared of them too.” Jimin mentioned as she looked over to the two intelligent duos. “Especially Areum. You saw her fighting earlier.”

“Jimin-ah. We learned some fighting skills with our grandfather when we were young. So, she knows some of the fighting skills.” Wujin defended his cousin.

“Still, does she know how to throw someone from a building?” The girl in the green vest bitterly questioned.

“I think it’s reasonable to assume that the three of them are half-bies -” Daesu stopped his conversation when Hyeryeong smacked the side of his body, making the plump boy look at the short haired girl in confusion.

“What?” The plump boy whispered.

“Are you really okay, Areum?” Jimin asked, anxious when she still could see the redness and black veins on the beauty’s left jaw. “You won’t do that to us, right?”

“Would you believe me if I said that I wouldn’t?” Areum asked as she stared at Jimin.

“Why do you have to say it that way? Can you at least try to make us believe you?” The girl in the green vest uttered in fear after hearing the class vice president’s rhetorical question. 

“We’re going to be together anyway.” Jimin continued as the rest of the group of friends looked in her direction, waiting for the beauty to share her story that nobody knew about.

The black haired girl saw her friends were patiently waiting for her to start sharing her story. The black haired girl then took a deep breath, mentally prepared her mind before telling her past story to her friends.

“My dad-” Areum paused, once again taking a deep breath to calm down her heart rate. The beauty then could feel Suhyeok reaching over to hold her hand as the tall boy gave her hand a gentle squeeze. 

Receiving the gentle squeeze from Suhyeok as a sense of comfort, the class vice president continued, “My dad was a detective police. He's a really kind, caring, funny, compassionate dad and the best cook in the house. The last memories I had of him was when I was six years old. I can still clearly remember his expression when he protected me from being shot.”

“The morning of the accidents…” Areum began before biting on her lips, holding her tears when she vividly remembered the painful memories that she usually hid in her mind. 

“We went to the supermarket and bought some groceries with the list that Mom had written. Everything seemed fine until…my dad spotted a group of muggers in the alleyway on the way to our house.” The black haired girl muttered as she stared at the flickering fire.

“My dad…being a thoughtful person and very dedicated to his work, told me to go home before he went to help the victim.” The beauty paused before taking a deep breath.

"But I didn’t listen to him. I watched my dad fight the muggers until one of them stabbed him on his torso. I could clearly recall back that I shouted for my dad in worry when he was stabbed.” 

“Then, out of nowhere, I saw my dad was running toward me. I didn’t…I didn’t know why he was running until I heard the gunshot.” The beauty continued as she closed her eyes after seeing the flash of memories of her father’s relief expression once he was able to protect her from getting shot.

“He was shot multiple times in front of me…but my dad kept smiling at me as he tried to reassure me that everything would be fine” Areum paused as she took a shakily breath.

“The muggers were gone once the police and ambulance arrived. I remembered I was crying my eyes out seeing the blood kept coming out of his body. Then, I was pulled from his body by my dad’s work partner and he asked me some typical common questions. I didn’t answer any of his questions as I was in shock and I kept looking for my dad.” The beauty told the group of friends as she lowered her eyes down at her intertwined hand with Suhyeok’s and started playing with his fingers.

“Uncle Hyunwoo, my dad’s work partner, took me to the hospital once I was calm. When we arrived at the hospital,  I saw my mom collapse on the floor with tears when we entered the waiting room and I instantly knew…” Areum muttered as she lifted her eyes toward the warm fire.

“Knew that my dad didn’t make it alive.” 

“Two years of my life were gone as I kept going to therapy after therapy because of the incident. Then, one day my therapist had diagnosed me with PTSD. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.” The black haired girl continued after moment of silence as she tucked her loose hair behind her ear using her free hand.

“Mom was concerned once she knew about this. So, she tried all of her best to help me out of this depression. Thanks to my mom, I’ve slowly returned to my normal self after a year being diagnosed with PTSD… but I kept having the same nightmare about my dad every night. I kept it hidden from my mom, so she doesn’t have to worry about me.” The beauty sighed heavily.

“I guess keeping a secret from your mom doesn’t last long because she eventually knew about it. That’s when she decided that moving to Hyosan would be best for me.” Areum nervously chuckled as she anxiously lifted her eyes to look at her friends.

“We moved here when I was 10. Mom sees my progression become better throughout the years living here and she also noticed that I rarely have nightmares now.” Areum said, a soft smile appeared on her face as she gently squeezed Suhyeok’s hand. 

“So, seeing the zombies scattering around the school for the first time triggered my trauma back. That’s why I had a panic attack in our classroom.” Areum explained as she glanced over at her friends. Silence began to consume the group of students as they began to process her words after they finally knew about Areum’s past. 

“You’ve overcome your trauma these past few days, Areum-ah. Your dad will be proud of you.” Namra commented as she held a smile at the beauty.

“Namra’s right. Your dad will be proud of you. Seeing his daughter had grown into a beautiful girl, who had the same traits as him.” Onjo added as she stared at her. Areum smiled in gratitude at the white hoodie girl’s comfort words.

“What about you, Prez? Why do you distance yourself from us, except for Areum?” Jimin asked, doubting the class president’s past action.

“Jimin-ah!” Wujin warned as he glared at the girl in the green vest.

“It’s okay, Wujin-ah.” Namra told him before taking a deep breath. “I’ve never done anything but study. I don’t think I was naive, I think I was a coward. I was too scared my grade would drop and my mom would get mad. So, I didn’t do anything.”

“I was too scared to make friends. My mom would always ask me what rank they were in class, what their parents did, how big their house was…That’s what happened when she knew Areum was my only friend.” Namra muttered as she put a plank of firewood into the flaming fire.

“I never thought I’d get a chance to sit around a fire with all of you like this. It’s really nice. It’s my first time.” Namra admitted as she watched the fire in front of her. Areum held a small smile when she heard Namra was enjoying herself with her classmates’ company.

“Areum tends to talk about these camping activities she would like to do with me but I profusely told her that I need to study. The only time that I let myself enjoy being a teenage girl was when we had our sleepover at her grandparents’ house. So, if we somehow manage to get out of here, I really hope we could make a fire and hang out like this again.” The class president suggested as she looked at her classmates’ expressions. 

“I really hope we can do that.” Namra added hopefully, as she shared a smile with her close friend.

“Sure, let’s do that.” Onjo mentioned, making Namra turn to face the white hoodie girl. “If anyone wants to make a fire, let’s all gather together.” The white hoodie girl added as she glanced at the class president.

“I’m sorry, Areum, Prez.” Jimin apologised, causing the two intelligent duos to look at the girl in the green vest. Areum held a soft smile while Namra chuckled softly toward their classmate.

Seeing Namra’s chuckle for the first time, Daesu teasingly commented to lighten the atmosphere. “Oh, did Prez just smile? That looked so awkward.” The plump boy teasingly smiled.

“Aish, come on.” Hyeryeong muttered beside the plump boy.

“What? What now?” Daesu argued after hearing the short haired girl mutter.

“Why don’t the two of you just date already?” Wujin suggested with a teasing attitude. “You guys are so annoying.” He commented

“Are you crazy?”

“Are you mad?”

Both Hyeryeong and Daesu exclaimed at the same time as they stared in disbelief at Wujin, who was sitting across from them. However, the smile on Areum’s face disappeared when she heard the distant whirring of a helicopter.

“Hold on.” Areum muttered as she looked over at Namra, who seem understand of Areum’s silent question about the distant sound.

The two intelligent duo then quickly scanned over the dark sky to see any sight of the helicopter.  Once she could not see anything on the night sky, the black haired girl glanced at her friends if they were able to hear the distant whirring of the helicopter. 

“Did you hear that?” The beauty asked her group of friends.

“Hear what?” Suhyeok questioned as he worriedly looked over at Areum, who frowned her eyebrows in confusion.

“Why? Is someone coming again?” Hyeryeong asked in fear as her body began to tense after hearing the beauty’s question. Then, the rest of the students’ bodies began to inspect their surroundings for any suspicious activity.

When the whirring sound of the helicopter became clear to both of the intelligent duos, Areum quickly averted her eyes to the night sky to see the helicopter was flying toward their school.

“They’re coming.” Namra announced after spotting Areum staring at the night sky in front of them.

“What’s happening?” Hyeryeong asked whilst the rest of the group friends frantically tried to look at what the two intelligent duo were staring at. “What is it?” She added.

“I don’t see anything.” Cheongsan uttered as he stared at the night sky. Few moments later, Cheongsan’s facial expression changed into shock after being able to listen to the helicopter whirring in the distance. 

“Hold on. I hear a helicopter.” Cheongsan claimed. The boy in the green vest stood up from his sitting position as he tried  to look for any sign of the helicopter in the dark sky, causing the rest of the group of friends to follow his action. 

***********

Enjoy reading!!

Don’t forget to comment your opinion!!
😘🌸

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 5.6K 13
"You're alive!." "No shit Sherlock, of course, I'm alive. Why the fuck would l be standing in front of you dipshits instead of being dead- also, abo...
57.4K 1.7K 31
Lee Su-hyeok x fem reader Choi Nam-ra x male oc „Happy birthday Y/N! Here is your gift. I know it's not expensive, but it is very meaningful to me."...
83.7K 3.9K 30
❝ 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤, 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨 ❞ 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴-𝗺𝗶𝗻 said with a s...
292K 12.6K 31
❝ you can't possibly hate each other that much ❞ ALL OF US ARE DEAD - S1 lee su-hyeok x fem!oc