Mistaken For A Guy

By Porshford

Having to bear a name that resembles that of a guy when in actual fact you're not one has its own effects. ... More

WELCOME FELLA 🤝🏻
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-one
Chapter Fifty-two
Chapter Fifty-three
Chapter Fifty-four
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter Fifty-six
Chapter Fifty-seven
Chapter Fifty-eight
Chapter Fifty-nine
Chapter Sixty
The Chapter nobody asked for...

Chapter Forty-four

265 16 6
By Porshford

(: A/n, Yo people! So, supposing you are the one in Sam's position rn... Connor's at the brink of pulling off your disguise in front of the whole school... what will you do?  Happy reading! :)

___Sam Lewis __

Everyone has got this type of feeling at some point in their life; when it's like you were standing in front of your class and suddenly someone drew your pants down and your buttocks is bare for every inquisitive eye to see.

And your embarrassment only wears off when you realize it was just some afternoon nap dream.

   That's exactly how I was feeling right now minus the embarrassment wearing off part. And unfortunately, mine didn't turn out to be a dream.

Over two hundred stares followed Connor's finger and they eventually landed on a currently sweaty self. Me!

Deciding to appear cool as if it wasn't me he was pointing at, I also turned my head, extending my neck.

  "Oi... why does it look like everyone's eyes are on me?" Samuel said under his breath, adjusting his glasses nervously.

  "I think they're looking at me rather." Chris grumbled uncertainly.

Ya got it all wrong guys.

Samuel huffed.

"This is nonsense! The guy is only playing with our minds, just look at how he's switched attention off him. For Christ's sake the main topic here should be about what he did to Jordan!"

Before my mind could process, Samuel had jumped to his feet, clapping loudly to gain everyone's attention.

"Attention everyone! Greenwood is lying! There's no man-woman on campus,he is just making up that crap to divert our attention!"

I could've have pecked Samuel on the cheek right now for how his words managed to get approval from the whole student body as most nodded frantically.

    "I second that! I think Connor is not only trying to toy with our minds but with our teachers' too!"another guy barked as howling resonated across the room.

I saw the headmaster direct a dirty hate–filled look at Connor and Sister Daniels was already on her feet probably to give him a taste of his own medicine. 

What we didn't expect next was Connor springing to his feet though he had been commanded to kneel down.

The loudness of his voice temporarily caused every noise to cease.

"What? You think I'm just making up something? You think I'd stoop that low?–"

"Duh, you already did when you used the knife." Samuel gritted.

—"I'm going to pull out the person so y'all can see. Even her roommates know exactly what I'm talking about. They all be sleeping with–"

  "Enough!" The headmaster finally cut into the brewing noise that ensued before Connor could end his sentence.

"Now you,"he directed at Connor,"which house does your supposedly girl–boy reside?"

  "Gentility House,sir."

He pursed his lips, directing his eyes back at us.

"Okay. Except boys from the Gentility House, you're all dispersed. Go straight to your hostels."

Wtf was he urging Connor on for!

"Noiselessly!" Sister Daniels interrupted.

"It's past your bedtime already, don't go on making unnecessary noise and disturbing the neighborhood! Go straight to your various rooms and sleep. War betides any room I'd come to meet with their lights on."

"Geez."someone muttered behind me as most stood up, vacating the auditorium.

It took a while for the guys to finally exit, leaving only residents of Gentility in the room and of course, the nuns and other authorities. I was so tempted to exit with the guys that left but Samuel and Chris would've grown suspicious as to why I was leaving when it was stated clearly that we were to stay behind.

I was overwhelmed with unease and discomfort as my eyes continued to dart around. I couldn't seem to come up with some plan to swerve Connor. Now that the number had thinned out,it will be easy to figure out when he pointed at me.

I pressed the heel of my palm furiously against my forehead.

I had a vetted and approved feeling Connor was gonna unveil my secret right now and add the what nots to make his story spicy.

Damnit! He practically said I've been giving sexual pleasures to my roomies, like the wondrous hell?

I watched with narrowed eyes as he was interrogated by the rest of the teachers and the confidence with which he answered them.

The assistant headteacher walked to the podium and announced, giving the mic a few taps when his words came out choppy.

"Uhh... y'all can leave too. Except room number seven on Gentility block. We'll update the student body on the outcome tomorrow morning. Room seven residents,stay behind, I repeat."

And at this point, I crapped my pants.

Not really. But maybe a little? 

I couldn't keep my calm anymore. The urge to run away was very gripping, I jumped to my feet.

Chris and Samuel who were growing pissed by the moment and muttering things about how shallow the professors were to believe Connor riveted their questioning gazes at me.

"Where –"

"I...er, the washroom."I sputtered at the same time, turning on my heels. I hope I can slip out without Connor noticing...

I walked in a nonchalant hurried pace, crossing the next row and heading for the exit at the left. If I stayed in a sec longer, I'd be busted!

  "Hey! The spectacles guy going."

Busted.

My heart literally dropped to the floor after ricocheting inside my chest. I turned to find the school president staring directly at me.

To make sure it was me he was referring to, I looked around and then pointed at myself,"me?"

He stood poised with his hands buried firmly into his pockets and raised a singular brow at me.

"I don't see any other boy with spectacles leaving this place. Get back to your seat. Aren't you in room 7 ?"

"Uh...heyy,"I forced a chuckle, trying to sound composed.

"Aren't you in room 7?"He asked firmly again.

"Y-yes but –"

"Get back to your seat."

"You see man–"

"I don't see anything,get to your seat." He sized me, pursing his lips.

My brows furrowed. Why the extreme authoritativeness.

"Fine! I want to poop. I need to use the washroom."

"The auditorium has one,"he gave me a wry look,"are you new here or something?"
"And besides you should wait until we're done with the necessary inspections."

This guy is... argh!

"I can't hold on that long, man! I bet you wouldn't want me to use the washroom here. My shit smells suffocatingly bad and really travels fast y'know. I'm afraid I might pollute the fresh air over here."

The school president deadpanned. Gracing me with a look of sheer disgust, he stuck his chin up, urging me on with his head to get away asap.

"Just– just go!"he held his nose.

Hehehe! I pivoted, giving a mental pat to the back of my head for my genius alibi.

My moment of respite was however short-lived when I heard Connor's voice before I could push the door open.

"See everyone, guess who's sneaking out now."

The couple of guys who were still leaving the hall came to an abrupt stop at the impromptu revelation and I felt all heads swiveling to my direction.

The intensity of the stares had my ears reddening. I froze and defroze within a span of two seconds, my knees buckling.

"The woman on campus."

A deafening silence pursued as though a ghost had passed by. Even the clock seemed to have stopped ticking.

The rest of the students who had been asked to leave? Let's just say they assumed statue roles, eyes fixed unblinkingly at me.

It was the assistant head who recovered first. He spoke in a staid calm manner.

"What do you mean, Connor?"

"I mean, this is the yours truly. Your anticipated man–woman. The girl disguised as a guy here on campus and tarnishing the holy image of our noble catholic school. She's the cause of EVERYTHING that happened. You wouldn't believe what she tried using to blackmail me some days ago!"

"She got so obsessed with me ever since I was moved to Gentility House and she's been playing the seductress game with me. At first, I was really surprised and couldn't believe my ears especially about the disguise. And then she became more persistent, pressuring me and all. The guy I unfortunately touched with a knife, happens to be one of her roommates and of course, her conquest. He got so jealous, realizing her attraction towards me and challenged me to a one-on-one. I tried talking him out of it but he wouldn't listen and started sending threats."

"It's a pity you guys picture Jordan as the ' innocent victim' when he was anything but. He tried to kill me! I had to fight for my life and I swear it was an accident – I hadn't meant to stab him. It was his plan from the way he acted but tables turned y'know. And I had to flee that second he fell to the ground for fear he'd hurt me badly if I didn't."

Shocked and tongue-tied will just be putting it lightly when I listened to Connor rant on.

I was beyond shocked at how he had framed the story to suit him. Even Sister Daniels who was always ever ready to rebuke couldn't utter a word.

The way and manner in which he spoke too, coupled with his facial expressions... you'd have to know the true story to not believe.

If you'd ask me to spell Devil, it'd be; C O N N O R. He well managed to give me the most depressing shock of my life.
(A/N : No offense if that's your name, I'm referring to Connor in this book. Fictitious 📌)

Something in me snapped and I tore my gaze from the doorframe to Connor.

"Aren't you ashamed of this crap you're fabricating? You and I know the very reason why you hurt Jordan and you're a big liar if you stand here and blab it wasn't intentional! Don't you dare try to make Jordan's case a foolish one because I'm having none of it—"

   "Are you a guy or a lady?"

Sister Daniels' straightforward question at me hit slightly and the rest of my words died down.

I realized the rest of the teachers were all eagerly waiting for my answer and yet, the energy to lie again had long vanished. I could only stare.

"See?" Connor addressed with a triumphant smile. "Are you gonna tell us the truth now, Sam? Oh and it's that short for Samantha? Samuelina?"

"Bwahahaha!"

Connor's laughter was the only noisy sound in the room.

The headmaster took steps forward, faltering a little as he kept his squinted gaze on me.

"So, I get it from your silence that you're woman?"

My lip wobbled, trying to form words.

"Sir... I... please I... can explain..."

"Explain what?"Samuel bit in from nowhere. "This is ridiculous! Sam is not a lady, tell them buddy! Why you sounding like that?"

Connor clicked his tongue at Samuel,"ah, the naive boy. Still oblivious to the disguise of your roommate huh?"

"What a poor fellow you are, Connor." Samuel gritted out, not looking the slightest perturbed of talking back at someone of Connor's nature and stature. "So which movie inspired your story?"

Sister Daniels butted in before Connor could comment,"shut up you two! And you, I thought you were asked to get on your knees?"

"Getting on it. Sorry ma'am,"he said in feigned meekness.

"The rest of you standing around, are you having a photoshoot or something?!" Sister Daniels sarcastically threw, referring to the bunch of guys who were still lingering at the doorway and listening on.

Her snarl was enough to send them disappearing in a minute.

Samuel, Chris, the school presido, Connor, the authorities and myself were the only ones in the auditorium now.

"The name again?"

I swallowed, taking in the stern look of the headmaster.

"Sam."

He nodded. "So Connor's right. You're a woman?"

I dropped my head, staring at the dark marbled floor instead.

"And you're in a disguise to fool us. And sleep with our noble boys.

"No,sir,"I grumbled,"there's a misunderstanding—"

"Do you know how wrong this is!"the headmaster barked,"what nonsense! You're fooling us with your voice too? This is unbelievable!"

"So so unbelievable." The assistant head agreed. "I'm very lost right now like, how did you even get admission here?"

"You know what? Meet me at my office right now. You have a lot of questions to answer."

Sister Daniels unfolded her hands,"what about her roommates? They must not be exempted from the punishments. Knowing about the disguise and keeping mute about it is one thing. But to go ahead and do the unmentionable with her is another thing altogether. That's a big sin!"

"Sister Daniels,"Christopher spoke after a prolonged silence on his part,"not to interrupt but I think something needs to be clarified. Sam's our roommate. It is true we detected something odd about him– her along the line but please cross my heart, we've never ever come close to acting romantically around each other. Never. Until now,we addressed Sam as a guy and nothing else. Connor made up that crap."

I was stunned. So they knew?

"Make use of the personal pronoun, Chris. I am getting the shock of my life right now coz... Sam, you're woman?"

Samuel's eyes had clouded with disbelief, disappointment and sadness. It was like he couldn't recognize me anymore.

"God, I can't believe you've been fooling me all along. You've been... you've been... which part of your actions were even real?"

My lip trembled. I wanted to reach out to him and tell him how sorry I was, how fucked up everything was...

"Well, I might have made a wrong slip earlier."Connor announced. "I mean, she be sleeping around with the guys in our block, countless. Not her roommates but Jordan is for sure."

Shock was visibly written on the foreheads of the nuns including Father Cyril.

I lost it at that and strode forward, reducing the gap between Connor and I.

"You son of a–"  my temper had flared and I was going to struck him on the cheek only to be stopped mid air by the headmaster.

"Any form of violence is prohibited. Now, to my office!"

I loosened my tight grip, bringing my hand down. Connor sneered which of course went unnoticed by them. I turned, following the headmaster and assistant who were heading out.

"Sir, what about the roommates?" School prefect asked,"and Connor."

"They're free to go since he has clarified they did nothing like that with her. Dismiss Connor too. We'll see what to do about him tomorrow."

You've got to be kidding me right now, headmaster! So what he did to Jordan doesn't matter anymore?!

I cast a pained look backwards, surprised to find Chris and Samuel staring after me.

Samuel quickly averted his gaze, his expression cold and so unlike him. Chris however was looking at me with...pity?

The last thing that rang in my head before I exited the auditorium was that: I had fucked up. Badly.

_____________________

I'm sorry for the late update mhern! My semester exams is on going and I literally have to give my slides the undivided attention they need,lol.

Until they're over, I can't promise another update soon ☹️...

But I'll be back at frequent updates as soon as we're on vacation!

I hope this update was worth the long wait tho.

~ Ford.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97 0 30
Alex is sent to boarding school cause he keeps getting expelled and his parents are over it so they send him to boarding school. He's anxious about e...
Lesbian By Coco

Fanfiction

453 11 12
Things aren't easy for Jessie. Of all people, she, the shy, helpful, self-critical nerd in school, is being asked out by the most popular boy. In ord...
267K 9.8K 18
My dad kept on telling me that being a nerd isn't a bad thing and that I'm on the right track but I'm positive that being terrorized in the halls dai...
69.1K 2.3K 22
Samantha Johnson, a normal girl. Thrown into a boarding school and mistaken as a boy, life had just become interesting for this sixteen year old. Lit...