Well-Bred {Kylo Ren x Reader}

By adamdsolo

Kylo Ren x Reader (Modern AU) ******************** 35-year-old Kylo Ren is known for being one of the younges... More

Author's Note & Warnings
The Shoot
Ignited
the Office
Skip the Pleasantries
A Broken Melody
This Slope is Treacherous
Turbulence
Tricks or Treats
Moonlight in Vermont
Time With You
New Discoveries
Agony
Refuge
Serendipity
Christmas
Tied Together
Singapore
Lost
Taken
The Search
Waiting
Matched
Revelation
Answers
Requisite
Simple Pleasures
Great White Way
Cigarettes After Sex
Lucky Ones
Beautiful, Dirty, Rich
Champagne Problems
Come Back. Be Here.
Mine
Medicine
Homesick
Language of Love
The Return
Haunted
To Live For the Hope of it All
Your Epilogue
Kylo's Epilogue
Author's Note

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

1.9K 30 79
By adamdsolo

Your bruises were healing nicely. Kylo was ever the caretaker making sure you didn't lift a finger more than you needed to. You were lucky. All your tests came back normal, everything seemed to be healing fine. You'd have some scars for a while but you were already feeling much better and getting back to yourself again.

What happened at the Gala had spooked you. It had enraged Kylo and he upped security on you almost immediately. He had to keep you safe since all of this was happening because of him. No matter how many times you tried to tell him it wasn't his fault and that you were here willingly no matter what danger it put you in, he still blamed himself.

Kylo had been busy all week. He usually worked through Christmas but because he had agreed to come home with you for the holiday, he was working tirelessly to make sure things ran smoothly while he was absent. That all the loose ends he needed to tie up were tied.

You had been trying to offset your nerves by throwing yourself into your own work. Kylo was coming home with you for Christmas. You didn't know why exactly but something about this holiday and him wanting to spend it with you made things feel different for the two of you. Solid, strong. You were also nervous about him meeting your mom and seeing where you grew up. You didn't grow up wealthy. By any means. Unlike Kylo who had been well-bred from the start. Your childhood home was small, with enough room for the four of you but equally empty feeling after your father passed. You'd talked about Kylo with your mom briefly on several occasions and you always knew she wanted to know more. When you told her he'd be coming for Christmas, you could hear the anticipation and mischief in her voice.

Kylo had offered up his private jet again to make the travels more comfortable and not a hassle. Poe, Rey, and Finn couldn't be more excited. They raved about the jet the last time they were on it. Getting the comfy seats and the endless drinks and snacks. When you had told them you'd all be taking the jet again, it was obvious they had been hoping for this news all week. It was also nice to know they were excited that Kylo was coming along too. All of them had gotten closer to Kylo since he started coming around with you more often. You couldn't be happier that they accepted him and that he accepted them. You knew he was gradually letting his guard down and becoming more comfortable with them each time he spent time with them. It warmed your heart that he was starting to love your family as much as you do.

As you and Kylo stood over your suitcases, packing, you couldn't help the array of nerves and excitement from washing over you. So much so, that you didn't even hear Kylo's question.

"Kitten?" He asked again, this time shaking your shoulder slightly. Your cheeks heated up as you realized you'd spaced out.

"I'm sorry," you huffed out a laugh before turning to him in a gesture for him to continue.

"Anything else I should know of before I close my suitcase up? Any surprises I might need to dress for?" He smirks as you nudge his arm playfully.

"I think what you packed will be just fine. Just make sure you have warm stuff. I think it's supposed to snow."

His eyebrow lifts as he turns to go back into his closet. He pulls out a pair of boots and throws them in his suitcase.

"Perfect!" You smile and double-check your own suitcase to make sure you have everything you need. You started fidgeting with some of your clothes as the thoughts came flooding in.

Would he hate everything about this trip? Would he be embarrassed to be seen with you after knowing how you grew up? Would he change his mind about everything after learning more about you?

You felt Kylo's hands wrap around you from behind as if he sensed your thoughts.

"Everything is going to be perfect. I already know this is going to be the best Christmas I'll spend since I was a young kid."

His voice was soft against your ear and you held his arms to you tight. You knew his childhood was rough. Anyone else would just see him as another rich kid who grew up with everything handed to him. But you knew. You saw the boy who was pushed to the side and wasn't a priority to his parents. So much so that they handed him over to a man they truly knew little about. A man who tortured Kylo just for being him. You saw how much his childhood had damaged him. You knew that even though he was born into money he didn't have it easy and you wondered if he ever really had a Christmas he enjoyed. That thought alone made you realize you had to make this holiday as perfect as you could for him.

You nodded your head, just standing there and melting into his embrace. In a few short hours, Kylo's jet will land at the airport closest to your hometown. You would begin the start of your holiday with everyone you loved and held close to your heart.

"Thank you for wanting to come. For wanting to spend it with me." You finally spoke, tilting your head back after you spoke, and placed a soft kiss on his jaw.

"I want to spend every waking moment with you, kitten. And I would if I could. So, anytime I can, I'm going to take it. I'm going to be selfish with you and I won't apologize for it. I've learned that any moment away from you is agony. And I'll do everything I can to make sure you are safe...right here with me."

You turned around in his arms and found his eyes with your own. You could see behind them the primal need to protect you all the time. How it fought with his conscience to let you be independent enough from him. How it fought with reason, knowing you were strong enough to take care of yourself. He knew you didn't need him. You wanted him. You chose him for all he was. All his demons, all his mistakes. But something he knew deep down in that heart of his that he had forgotten he had for so long, he knew he needed you.

-

-

-

-

Elliot drove you and Kylo to your apartment where you picked up Poe, Finn, and Rey who were all smiles as they hopped in the car. Kylo greeted them with a small smile as you tried your best to hug them all from a sitting position. You noticed Kylo very rarely showed off his full smile to anyone except you.

As you got to the plane you felt your nerves getting to you. You helped Elliot take the luggage to the men loading the plane up. He thanked you for your help, reminding you that you never had to. But you always insisted. Just because it was his job didn't mean he didn't deserve some help.

Rey, Finn, and Poe practically ran onto the plane and by the time you and Kylo boarded they already had secured glasses of champagne as well as a few snacks. You just smiled and shook your head as Kylo let out a soft chuckle at the sight of them. The two of you took your usual seats, side by side. You had definitely gotten better with flying but it still helped to have Kylo beside you, his firm grip on your hand to ground you.

The plane took off and you strapped yourself in for the ride. You had texted your mom that you were on your way and you could just feel the excitement pouring from her texts. You knew she missed having you and Poe so close. And it was hard for both of you to leave her alone. But she understood you both had to chase your dreams. To do something with your lives that would bring you joy. You happened to both find it together in the same state and away from home. You were glad to have Poe with you though. Sometimes it was nice to have someone who really understood you, around. And your mom wasn't so lonely. She had lots of friends and she continued to stay active even after your dad had passed. She knew he would want her to live and be happy. You made sure to check in every day. Whether it was a phone call or a few texts. She wanted to know you were both okay and you wanted to know if she was. But on the holidays you'd always get to see her. You and Poe made sure of it. And you always thought that maybe one day you'd be able to bring her out here for one or two. So she could see the city all lit up for Christmas. You just wanted to wait until you had a better space to host her in. Your apartment was almost too small for the two of you that already lived in it.

The plane touched down and you let out a breath you hadn't realized you were probably holding for the entirety of the flight. Kylo had helped get your mind off of things by telling you about a new app Force Technologies is working on. You always found his work fascinating whether he believed you or not. You also had your fair share of champagne and snacks, listening to some of the crazy stories Poe and Rey were telling Kylo.

Your car was waiting for you as you exited the plane, your luggage already inside. Kylo walked beside you, taking a deep breath. "Welcome to Galena." You smiled as you watched him look around. He seemed fascinated already and you were just at the airport.

You sat beside him in the car. You told him a few things as he looked out the window and spotted some of the sights. It was your "Oh no" that pulled the both of you from your history lesson. The car stopped for you to see your mom already running out of the house to greet you. Your cheeks heated up in embarrassment as Kylo turned his head to look at you with a smile.

"It seems you get your excitement from your mom, princess." You shook your head as you he opened the door and stepped out. Even from behind him you could see your mom's eyes go wide as she beheld the behemoth of a man that stepped out. He had opted for a more casual suit. Navy slacks and a navy jacket with a white button-down. No tie. You had told him when you walked out in your sweatpants and crew neck that he didn't have to dress up so much. He had just said he wanted to make a good first impression and that he had plenty of time to dress casually during the rest of the trip.

You quickly took your place beside Kylo who was about to introduce himself before you managed to get it out first.

"Mom, this is...my boy- uh my boyfriend Kylo." You felt completely foolish for your hesitation at what to introduce him as. You had never really talked about labels before because it didn't matter much to either of you. But you never had to introduce Kylo before.

Kylo smiled and took your mom's hand in his. "It's lovely to meet you," he said before she pulled him into a hug. Your mom was a hugger. Kylo's smile widened as your mom embraced him tight. Your heart swelled at the sight.

She rubbed his back a few times before letting him go. Kylo hesitated, only slightly, barely enough for anyone to notice but you did. You knew he wished he had hugs like that from his own mother.

"I've heard lots about you Mr. Ren." She winked before moving to wrap you in her arms. She gave you kisses all over before moving on to Poe and then Rey and Finn.

"I missed you all so much," she choked out. You could see the water welling behind her eyes. Happy that everyone was here with her. You all grabbed your luggage from the car and headed into the house. Your breathing started to pick up as you looked around the space. The kitchen was in the same room as your living area. The small sofa pressed against the wall as well as a few plants sitting around to spice up the place. The walls were filled with photos. Many of your father's photographs as well as family photos. You saw out of the corner of your eye, Kylo searching the walls, noticing every detail. Off to the side of the room sat the dining table where you'd eat all your meals. A small hallway led back to three rooms. The master, where your parents slept, and then a room for you and for Poe. Usually, you and Rey would bunk together while you were visiting. But she graciously told you she'd take the pull-out couch so you and Kylo could stay together.

"Go ahead and get settled kids, I'll get some lunch started." You grabbed your bags and headed back towards your room. You felt Kylo's presence following behind you as you walked into your room. It was very you...from 5 years ago.

"Please don't laugh," you turned to Kylo as he walked in. The cringe on your face only made him smile.

"I could never laugh at something that shows me who you are. Or who you were," he winked. Kylo took a moment to look around the room, taking in every photo and poster that hung on your wall. He walked over to observe the little trinkets that stood on your dresser. Every single piece of this room mattered to him. As if he was uncovering more about you that he didn't already know.

You watched his every move before he finally turned to face you. He didn't look as if he was going to laugh. He didn't show any sort of pity for how you grew up compared to him. Probably because he always dreamed of this life. A home that felt like home. A family who loved him and decorated the house with images of them. A space to express himself and be free. You knew now that Kylo would never judge you for where you came from and how you lived. He would envy you.

You walked over to him and wrapped your arms around his middle. You hugged him tight hoping it would tell him everything he needed to know. You knew Kylo would never admit to feeling those things. He wouldn't even like it if you brought them up to him most likely. So, for now, this hug told him you knew and that you were here for him.

After moments of resting your head on his chest, you figured you should address the mishap that was your introduction earlier.

"I'm sorry if the um...boyfriend title I said earlier was misused." Your voice was soft as you spoke. Unsure how he would react.

"It's okay, kitten. I like being your 'boyfriend.'" He smiled big and you couldn't help the hand that reached up to trace his dimples.

"I like being yours." The words rolled off your tongue as if you'd said it a million times. And you saw that spark inside him ignite at them. He leaned down and brought your lips to his with passion and adoration.

"Thank you for bringing me with you," he whispered as he pulled away, resting his forehead on yours. You took in each other's breath for a moment before you slapped his ass and smiled wide.

"You need to change into something more comfortable Mr. Ren. We've got some sightseeing to do." You walked out of your room with a smirk on your face, letting him change before he came out to get some food.

Your mom had made her famous tomato soup and grilled cheese. The perfect lunch for a chilly day which it certainly was outside. Kylo emerged from your bedroom in a pair of black jeans, a black sweater, his favorite pair of sneakers, and a long black coat draped over his arm.

"It smells delicious out here." His voice boomed throughout the small space as he took a seat beside you. Your mom was already ready with his food, sitting it down in front of him. He looked it over with a small smile.

"You know, I can't remember the last time I had grilled cheese and tomato soup. Thank you." Your mom nodded and left him to his food. You were barely finished with your soup and Kylo had already devoured his entire sandwich and bowl. You just shook your head at how quickly he could shovel food into his mouth.

Your mom offered Kylo a round of seconds and he happily accepted. As everyone sat around the table to eat, your mom drilled everyone with questions. Asking Rey how the acting was going. Asking Poe and Finn how school was. And asking Kylo most of the questions. Your body tensed when she had asked about his family. You knew it wasn't the easiest subject for him and it could easily trigger his temper. But he handled it effortlessly telling her that they weren't very close, that his father died and that was the breaking point.

The conversation came to a natural end as Poe, Finn, and Rey all got up to do the dishes, plopping themselves down on the couch afterward to watch some TV and relax from the flight. But Kylo was in no mood for relaxing. You knew him and you knew he didn't really relax unless it was almost time for bed or right when he woke up in the morning. Once he's up and at 'em, he has to be doing something. He'd gotten better with your help though. Taking some time in the evening to just sit and read with you or to watch a movie on the couch. However, this was a new place and you knew he wanted to explore.

He threw on his coat and you grabbed yours as you headed out of the house and on your guided tour of the town. It was a small place, big enough that it had everything you needed but small enough that you could walk to almost everything. You started with the hub. The huge tree standing tall in the center was decorated to the nines with Christmas decor. People walked about, dipping into the different shops for last-minute Christmas gifts or grabbing a coffee from the local bakery. You told him about each one. How the boutique to the right was where you found your prom dress. Then about how the coffee shop to the left has the best muffins you'd ever tasted. He then of course couldn't resist and insisted you stop in.

With your coffees in hand, you walked towards the town's museum. Kylo had raved about his blueberry muffin all the way there and said he'd have to stop back and order a dozen to take home. The museum had been a safe haven for you for so many years. You always loved to go look at the featured artwork and photographs. You were always inspired by it. And you were always inspired by the people too. The ones that cried at a painting or gasped at a photo. This was the place in your hometown that you wanted to share with Kylo the most.

You finished and tossed out your coffees before entering the museum. It was pretty big for how small your town was. It held some old pieces of the town's history in the first section, another section with more "famous" artwork, or at least what your town's museum could get their hands on, and finally a section dedicated to local artists.

Kylo grabbed your hand in his own as you walked around the museum. You couldn't keep the smile from your face as he took the time to look at town artifacts and talk to you about some of the pieces he liked from his favorite artist who luckily had been displayed at your museum.

He spoke about aspects of the pieces you'd never even noticed before. You came here often as a young girl, admiring the art. But you'd never viewed them or heard them described in such a way. You could listen to him talk about art all day.

He had paused when he saw the I Miss You piece by George Struikelblok. You had always connected to it on the days when missing your dad felt like a pain that could never be cured. There was no hope to mend your broken heart. You felt nothing but grief from this piece. You connected with the person in the corner, alone and struggling. But as Kylo spoke, you realized how different art can be interpreted. To him, this piece, the person it depicted, was mourning its past life. It didn't miss someone who had died. It missed the person it used to be. Was afraid to turn around and look in the mirror to see what it had become. Kylo told you that is how he felt for most of his life. Mourning the kid who was happy and didn't realize his parent's neglect. The kid who was overjoyed when his mom gave him a hug or when his dad gave him a pat on the back. The kid who never knew Snoke. He said you were like the colors for him. Always near, extending your hand to him. Providing him comfort he never knew he needed. Helping to dull the torment inside his head. And he took the help. He latched onto it, onto you. His lifeline if he lost his way and couldn't make it back. He said he knew that no matter how deep he fell or how alone he may feel, you, his color, would help him. That, together, you make something beautiful.

You probably looked like an idiot to Kylo and everyone else around you who could've seen your mouth hanging wide open. You were utterly enamored by his interpretation. And Kylo only chuckled when he saw your face.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get all 'art interpreter' on you." You could see the small amount of embarrassment creeping up on his face.

"No, no! I loved it. You...you always find ways to amaze me." His eyes widened, shocked that he would amaze you, let alone anyone.

"I mean it, Kylo. You describe the piece so beautifully. I've never really heard you like that before."

"Art seems to bring that out in me. You seem to bring that out in me." He smiled at you and brought your hand to his lips. Your cheeks flushed as he kissed your hand and then led you through the museum some more. You took turns exploring different pieces that attracted you, discussing them and how they appear to each other.

You found yourself alone as you entered the museum's exhibit on local artists. You could feel the tears welling in your eyes as you made your way over to the black and white photograph of a young girl hopping over stones in a brook.

Your father's photograph. Of you.

As you stood before the photo the tears fell from your eyes. You used to come here every day to see this piece. They had honored your father with a spot in the gallery a few months before he passed. He had to choose from hundreds of photos he had taken over the years and he chose this one. A picture of you when you were at your happiest, your most carefree. Full of love, laughter, and joy. You never felt that way when you saw this photo anymore though.

Your eyes were full of tears as you read the caption he had admitted to be displayed by the photograph.

In a daughter's eyes, you will always find peace.

You wondered if it was in your eyes that he found the peace to leave you. All of you.

You felt Kylo's presence behind you before you felt his comforting touch. It only made you cry more having him here with you. Sharing this part of yourself, this part of your life with him. He stood behind you observing the image before him. You knew Kylo was intuitive enough to see who the photograph was by and know that it was your father. That by the caption, he knew the little girl in the image was you. His arms wrapped around your waist as he held you to his chest.

"It's a beautiful image. You were right he was very good. It's clear you've inherited his talent. His passion. He'd be so proud of you." Kylo's words warmed your heart. You often wondered if your dad was still around would he be proud of you? If he would think that your passion for photography was not relevant because of how you were using it. But you believed Kylo. His words were sincere as if he knew you had been questioning it.

"He thought highly of you. That's clear." His deep whisper rippled through your body as if it was easing your grief like one big blanket putting out your longest burning fire. The tears fell and threatened to bring forth sobs from your lumped throat. You knew he was right. Your father used the opportunity to show off one of his most beautiful landscape photos to display this photo of you. It's as if he knew. He knew he would pass and knew you would need this to be the photo you saw every day when you came to visit the museum. To remind you of that joy and that happiness that you once felt. To feel it again. And you did. You felt like that little girl every time you were with Kylo. As if your dad sent him right to you.

You turned in Kylo's arms and shot up into your tiptoes. You took his face in your hands and pressed your lips softly to his. You kissed him as the rest of the world around you stopped. His warm padded thumbs wiped away any tears that continued to fall from your eyes.

"You are truly amazing, princess. I wish your dad was still here so I could thank him for giving me you. For inspiring you to do what you do and be who you are. If you were never my photographer that day I don't know where I'd be."

"You were such an ass that day," you chuckled as you rested your forehead on his. He gave you one of those big, rare smiles of his that made every part inside of you somersault.

"I had to make an impression."

"A bad one?" You raised an eyebrow towards him.

"Mm, was it bad? Because you came to my office that day after."

"Because you needed more photos taken. And that shoot...well..." You couldn't stop the blush from covering your face as you remember back to that second shoot. After he had kissed you in the Gucci dressing room and left you utterly shocked and well...horny. You couldn't stop looking at him as you photographed him, imagining what he might look like beneath all those clothes. His orders during that shoot didn't come off as irritating as the first time seeing as to how you'd imagine him giving you orders in the bedroom. Your mind was not as focused as it should have been but in a way you were glad. If you hadn't been curious then you might have never gone to his office and had him fuck you over his desk. And who knows where you'd be then. You had to laugh to yourself about how this whole thing started with him. How rocky it had been at times. But if you had the chance to do it all over, you wouldn't change a thing.

"You were infatuated with me hm?"

"Curious." You stated plainly.

A moment passed as you just looked into each other's eyes. Both of you replaying every moment, every fight and test, every kiss, every touch, every single step towards growth. You were grateful for it all.

"And I was curious about you too, kitten." Kylo finally spoke before placing a peck on your lips. "How could I not be. You were the first person to stand up to me." You smiled as he let his arms fall, his hand taking your own again.

"It was much needed. Your ego was way too big." You both laughed and you took one last look at your father's photo before you and Kylo continued on your way.

You spent a few hours at the museum before making the walk home. It had snowed a decent amount before you landed so there was a good bit of solid snow on the ground. Perfect snow to make snowballs. You smirked to yourself as you walked a little slower, letting Kylo get a foot for two ahead of you before you took your opportunity.

You grabbed a handful of snow and shaped it into a ball before throwing it right at your target. Kylo's back. Your aim rang true as it struck him. He whirled on his heels as you burst out laughing.

"Oh, you asked for it now, princess." He shook his head as he bent over and grabbed his own handful of snow. As he shaped the ball you quickly grabbed your next handful to reload and his ball came flying towards you, hitting you right in the arm. You squealed and he laughed as you threw your other one at him. Another hit.

You started inching closer and closer to one another as you continued your attacks. Laughing and throwing a disastrous amount of misses, your clothes were both covered in snow. When you were finally in reach, Kylo refrained from any more snowballs and instead grabbed you by your waist only for you to stumble and fall into the snow.

The two of you couldn't stop laughing at your clumsiness as you lay in the snow wrapped up in each other's arms.

"You know, I haven't had that much fun in a long time." Kylo's words came out breathless but serious even though he wore a big smile on his face. You turned your head to look at him, his eyes staying on the sky above him.

"More snowball fights in the future it is then." You placed a soft kiss on his cheek. A promise sealed with a kiss. You would do everything in your power to make sure Kylo got to have lots more fun in his life.

-

-

-

-

You and Kylo got back home and you told him about what you planned on doing next. Baking cookies. Kylo had scrunched his nose at the idea of him having to bake. He was a good cook but he had admitted he never really baked. You were excited to share this tradition with him and you knew you'd get a lot of good laughs from your big man in the kitchen with flour all over himself.

"What is your favorite kind of cookie?" You asked, knowing you'd be making your favorite, chocolate chip. You wanted to make a batch of a kind Kylo liked. Something new for an old tradition.

You looked over to Kylo as you neared your house and you could see that he had drifted somewhere else. You gave his hand a light squeeze to bring him back from wherever he went. You were just about to repeat your question when he answered.

"When I was very little, I remember my mother having these delicious snickerdoodle cookies. Whether she made them or bought them, I don't remember but I looked forward to them every year. Until I didn't spend Christmas with them."

Your heart ached for the small boy who had hoped his parents would show Christmas after Christmas. So many he had spent alone, broken, and violated.

"Mm, snickerdoodles it is then." You smiled as the two of you walked into the house. It was empty, a note in your mom's handwriting said they all went out to do some last-minute shopping and exploring. By the smell of your mom's favorite candle, you had just missed them. You and Kylo shed your coats and changed into something more comfortable for a day of baking. Your mom always kept the house incredibly warm so your trusty, stretchy, short shorts and long sleeve would be perfect to keep you from sweating as you baked. You turned the television on to a channel that was playing a marathon of Christmas movies. You smiled as the classic Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas played.

You caught Kylo staring at your exposed thighs and ass as he watched you from the kitchen. He was waiting for your instruction as you made your way into the kitchen, smirking. It was obvious when Kylo liked what he saw. You had come to know that look because he always gave it to you. You shook off the feeling of wanting him to take you right here and now and turned the oven on to preheat and pulled out the recipes you would need for your cookies.

"Are you ready big man?"

"Give out the orders, kitten." You smirked at that even though it meant that he trusted you enough to be that vulnerable with you. To allow you to take control and lead him. You started to list off the ingredients needed as you grabbed bowls and measuring cups. Kylo managed to find all the ingredients you called out even though he'd never stepped foot in this kitchen until today. He always has been intuitive. You noticed that from the start of your relationship. How he always could tell how you were feeling or what kind of mood you were in. How he could practically read your mind.

You grabbed two aprons from the closet and handed him one before throwing yours on over your head. He threw his on naturally as if he'd done it a million times before. You couldn't help but love the way he looked in it. Domesticated and relaxed. Like he belonged in an apron to cook Sunday morning breakfasts or barbeque on the grill. Like you could have a matching pair and spend time in the kitchen cooking all your favorite dishes and desserts before he got too swept up in the music playing throughout the house and took you in his arms for a dance. A future. That's what it was. Maybe it sounded silly but you saw a future as he stood before you in that simple piece of cloth.

You stood side by side as you mixed up the ingredients for your chocolate chip cookies in a bowl. Kylo helped get your ingredients measured, handing them to you when they were ready to be added. Once everything was mixed, the two of you couldn't help yourself from trying some of the dough before forming them and placing them on the trays to bake. After the first batch came out you both had to taste one. You were always proud of the way you made this recipe. It was your mom's but you always managed to make them the perfect amount of gooey on the inside and with a bit of a crunch on the outside.

Kylo practically moaned when he took a bite. You couldn't tell if he was surprised at your baking skills or if he just hadn't ever had a chocolate chip taste that good.

"These are fucking delicious, kitten!"

You chuckled as he took another bite almost about to reach for another one before you slapped his hand away.

"I'm glad you like them, handsome but we have to save some for the others." You gave him a quick peck on the cheek before cleaning up your space so you could start on the snickerdoodles.

The two of you worked together once again to mix the ingredients for your second round of cookies. Kylo poured the flour but misjudged the amount and ended up overpouring. Flour got everywhere. All over the counter and all over your both. You couldn't help the laugh that burst out of you at the sight. It was your ugly laugh too. That one rarely came out unless you were truly amused. At the sound of it, Kylo's deep laugh echoed through the room. The two of you looked at each other coated in flour and you couldn't stop laughing. Kylo kept trying to apologize for making such a mess but was never able to fully get out the statement from how out of breath he was.

Once you had laughed until your stomachs hurt, you were catching your breath and smiling at each other.

"You've got...flour all over your face," he huffed out as his thumb came to brush the white powder from your cheek. His touch was intimate, no doubt coating your cheek in more flour since his hands were covered in it. He smiled as your eyes stayed on his. Suddenly the air changed and your breathing was heavy...not from laughing but from something else entirely.

Within moments Kylo was grabbing your ass and attacking your mouth with his own. You giggled against his lips thinking of how your shorts probably looked now with floured handprints on your ass. His hands squeezed you before he swallowed your giggle, not letting you do anything but kiss him. You let his tongue find your own, your body pressing up against his as you were desperate for more of him. Your hands gripped the sides of his face, keeping his mouth on you. You didn't want him to stop and in the process, your hands covered him in flour and dough. He tasted sweet, of chocolate and cinnamon and you found yourself not wanting to part from him.

In a quick movement, Kylo lifted you from your ass and sat you on the counter. Clouds of flour flew as you connected with the messy surface. The two of you finally broke from the kiss, breathless, and caught up in the moment. Kylo bunched your apron up in one hand to get it out of the way.

"Kylo..." you whispered as your foreheads rested on one another's. You had no idea when your mom and the rest of them would be back. It was reckless to try and do anything knowing they could walk in any moment. And in your mother's kitchen too. You knew you shouldn't but when you started with him, it was hard to stop. It was as if your body had some sort of magnetic connection to him and he felt it too.

"I need you, kitten." His voice was desperate as his fingers traced up and down your thighs, under the hem of your shorts, and inching closer to your core.

"But the cookies," you tried to argue with him but you knew that would never work. When Kylo wanted you, he had you. And you certainly never complained because you were just as desperate for him too. Your fingers tangled through his hair and you let out a choked moan as his thumb brushed over your clothed clit. You needed that barrier gone. You need to feel his touch, skin on skin. But just as you were about to give into him, your phone rang and interrupted the moment. Kylo let out an annoyed groan as you wiped your hands on your apron and reached for your phone.

"It's my mom," you said as your cheeks flushed. You took a deep breath before answering it and smiling at the familiar sound of your mom's voice. You hopped down from the counter and gave a quick kiss to Kylo on his cheek. As you talked with your mom, Kylo had picked up where the two of you left off with the cookies. He continued adding ingredients and mixing them together as you talked on the phone.

When you hung up with your mom you made your way back over to him, dipping your finger into the bowl and scooping up some dough. You hummed as you tasted the delicious batter and he smiled before tasting some himself and agreeing with you.

"They're almost home. She wanted to know if we're okay with having pizza for dinner." You started to help him with the rest of the ingredients.

"Sounds good to me. I'm sure you told her as much. You do know me so well." He smirked as your hands touched in the bowl. You giggled as you each took a handful of the dough and rolled it into shape.

"I'm sorry we couldn't finish...what we were about to start earlier." You couldn't stop your cheeks from flushing and your frown from forming at the thought of where that might've gone.

"It's okay, kitten. You know I'll make it up to you." He smirked as he rolled another bit of dough and placed it onto the tray.

"Mm, and I, you, handsome." You winked and gave him a little smack on the ass that had you both laughing.

"You'll pay for that, kitten." You knew he wasn't lying but you were certainly looking forward to how he chose to make you "pay" for it.

The two of you continued with the cookies, placing them on the trays and baking them to perfection. Kylo had to try the finished product and you watched him as he brought the warm cookie to his mouth for a taste. His eyes closed and he hummed as he chewed. You hoped that it would take him back to his good Christmas memories.

"Wow," he exclaimed as he finished. "They're delicious. Just as I remember." He smiled but it didn't go to his eyes. You could tell he was reminiscing about when he would have those cookies. It wasn't about bad memories. He was mourning the times he wished he had more snickerdoodle cookies, more Christmases with his parents, and more happy times instead of bad ones. You knew that being here and seeing you all spend time together as a family had him wishing he could do this with his own. No matter how much he might deny that desire, it was there. And you would do everything in your power to make sure he felt as welcome in your family and as involved in everything you did for the holiday so he wouldn't miss out on that feeling. The feeling of being a part of a family that loved him.

You'd just finished cleaning up the kitchen from your baking mess as your Mom, Poe, Finn, and Rey walked in filling the house with the smell of fresh pizza. They walked in praising the smell of freshly baked cookies and within minutes the ones you had sat out for the taking were gone.

All of you sat down at the table to eat your pizza and discuss your days. Kylo had mentioned seeing your father's photo at the museum and couldn't stop praising his talent. You saw your mom tearing up at the mention of him and the photo as well as how enthusiastic Kylo was to learn more about him from her. You had to smile at his genuine curiosity which caused Rey to nudge you with her elbow, her eyes telling you she noticed that look of love on your face.

You finished your meal and it was a team effort as you all cleaned up in time to catch the showing of White Christmas. You cozied up against Kylo on the couch while Rey sat next to you on the other end. Your mom sat in what was your dad's favorite chair as Poe and Finn cozied up on the small couch.

It was the perfect end to a perfect day.

-

-

-

-

It was Christmas Eve morning and you woke up to the smell of bacon and coffee. You smiled as you felt Kylo's warm arms around you. He held you tight even in his sleep as if he was protecting you from your dreams. From his dreams. He held you close as if he'd wake up in the morning and find you gone. Taken from him. You watched him as he slept. You rarely saw him this fully relaxed and sleeping in. You came to the conclusion that you liked vacation Kylo.

Tonight was the Wishing Tree Ceremony. Of course, you would go, it was something you wanted to share with Kylo. And it was one of your mom's favorite traditions. You couldn't deny her the joy of having her two children there with her even if you didn't feel like you needed to.

You kissed Kylo softly on the nose causing him to stir awake and see you wide-eyed and content snuggled into him. He let out that throaty chuckle that usually happens right after he's woken up and closed his eyes before burying his face into the crook of your neck.

"Good morning, handsome." Your fingers ran through his hair as he tightened his grip around your waist. He mumbled out a "good morning" as you continued to soothe him with the light trail of your fingers down his back and through his hair. By the way he was acting you could tell he didn't want to get up. Unusual for him but you knew he was only like this when you were safe in his arms and when he wanted to get some alone time with you before the day started and life interfered.

You chuckled at his resistance to waking before saying, "It smells like breakfast is ready. We should probably get up. Plus you've got your first town tradition to participate in today."

He lifted his head so your noses were just brushing against one another. He let out a huff of air and a soft groan before agreeing that it was time to start the day.

You ate your breakfast and spent the rest of the day playing some games and watching movies. You knew Kylo was competitive but it was so much more fun seeing him that way towards you when you were winning and he was losing. After you completely demolished him in Monopoly he grabbed you for a minute alone and gave you a small taste of his knowledge on just how well you fold. His tongue between your slick folds already had you coming undone. He just smirked as he left you there, breathless, knowing that he had just won in his favorite game.

You were all dressed and ready to go when it came time to leave for the Wishing Tree Ceremony. Kylo had asked a little bit about the ceremony but you didn't want to divulge too much. You still remembered the first time you were old enough to go to the wishing tree ceremony and remember its magic. It was something you wanted him to experience without being spoiled by it.

You all walked from your house to the town square as a group. Kylo held your hand as you stayed close to his side to stay warm. It was cold, the air was bitter, and you were all bundled up to stay warm. Kylo had thanked you for reminding him to pack a bit more layers because while it could get cold in New York, he had no idea what the winters here could be like.

As you started to approach the town square you saw the large crowd of people who were already gathering around the big tree. You smiled as you watched Kylo take it all in. Being able to share these moments with him, the traditions you grew up with, meant everything to you. Not only were you able to make new memories with him but you were able to bring him into the traditions. Ones that you hoped maybe he'd love enough to do with you in the future. To give him traditions when he had none.

All of you settled into a spot near the tree, you waited patiently for the ceremony to begin. Kylo stood behind you, his arms around your waist, and holding your back close to his front. The speaker soon came forward and began with the typical Wishing Tree spiel, you sang the typical Christmas carols, and then you were let go to make your wishes. The holiday's magic was said to grant all the wishes that hung on the tree. So often you weren't a believer. Every time you would place a wish on the tree it never seemed to come true. You thought no different last year after the wish you had placed on the tree the year before laughed in your face. But as you stood beside Kylo and watched him take a pen to paper, you realized that it had finally worked. That one of the wishes you placed on this godforsaken wishing tree finally came true.

Kylo tied his wish to the tree and returned to your side. He looked at you with a curious expression since he noticed you hadn't made a wish and tied it to the tree.

"Not making a wish this year?" He asked as his gloved hand found your own naturally. You just smiled.

"I already got the greatest wish I ever asked for from this tree." You turned to face him and getting on your tiptoes you held his face and pressed your lips to his.

Two years ago you had made a wish and placed it on the tree. Two years ago you were in love with Kylo Ren and wanted nothing more than to have a future with him. For him to be the one you'd get through life with. Two years ago that's exactly what you wished for. For Kylo.

Last year you thought all was lost. That he didn't love you or want to be with you. That, once again, this wishing tree failed to grant your wish. But as you stood here today and watched its branches sway through the wind like a smile, you realized that your wish from two years ago had come true. You had Kylo. Your relationship was strong even if there were moments of weakness on occasion. No relationship is perfect. But something about the way the tree seemed to smile at you had you believing that this was for good. That nothing or no one would come between you ever again.

You broke from your kiss and smiled up at him. You desperately wanted to ask him what he wished for but you knew better. You knew if a wish were to come true it couldn't be told to anyone. So instead you grabbed his hand and asked him to take a walk with you.

You told your mom that you and Kylo were going to walk back home awhile. They had wanted to stay and get some hot chocolate and your mom liked to mingle with her friends from town to wish them a happy holiday. She hugged the two of you before you started walking back towards the house hand in hand.

You had walked out of the town square just enough that your view of all the people gathered had gone away but the sounds of laughter and music were still able to be heard. Kylo stopped you and pulled you close to him, beginning to sway you to the sound of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas." Your hand found its way to his shoulder as he held your other, his free hand around your waist. You smiled as he turned you and matched you step for step. He hummed along to the tune to your surprise and you laid your head on his chest. Then, as if you were in some kind of cliche romance movie, snow started to fall. You couldn't help but laugh to yourself at just how cheesy it was.

Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Kylo's head shift to look up at the sky. A big smile littered his face before looking down at you. He dropped your hand so his fingers could lift your chin as his mouth met yours. This one kiss could melt even the coolest of snowflakes. It was passionate and heated your whole body against the frigid night air. It wasn't until he broke away from the kiss that he spun you out in a twirl and then back into him again. The song continued as the snow fell and the two of you danced. You didn't care if anyone saw and thought you fools. You didn't care about anything but being with him.

As the song ended, Kylo slowed down your movements until you were standing in front of one another. His eyes smiled as he looked at you. He had come home with you for Christmas. He had been eager too. And that's what worried you.

"Did you want to come home with me or did you just want us to get away from the city...from Snoke?"

Kylo went still as you blurted out the question. It wasn't far from both of your minds that Snoke's men had attacked you which meant that he knew you were back together. Kylo's mother's efforts to keep him in the dark had lasted as long as they could. He was even more of a threat to you both now. You knew that. Kylo knew that. It would make sense that he took this opportunity to get you out of the city and to a place where Kylo could monitor you. Where he knew Snoke couldn't have any employed men.

"I wanted to come. I promise you, kitten." His hand came to cup your cheek and you closed your eyes at his soft touch.

"I wanted to come with you two years ago but I was stubborn and scared. We both know Snoke is a threat to us. We know that we're in danger and we don't know when he could strike next. I won't deny that it was a relief to know we'd be out of the city. Away from him and his reach. But it doesn't make my wanting to be here any less than that. You are my girl. I love spending every second I can with you which means I want to spend every holiday with you. I want to see how you celebrate each one. I want to be a part of it. I want to fully be a part of your life."

His words were sincere because you saw it in his eyes. You believed every word and relief flooded through you. You didn't know when Snoke would try to take you out next. You didn't truly know what the future looked like for the two of you. But you knew he wanted to be in it. You knew he wanted to be part of your life, of your family no matter what or who might try and get in his way.

And you wanted to be a part of his. All of his.

-

-

-

-

You woke up Christmas morning to Kylo watching you sleep. You always blushed, knowing that you were far from a pretty sleeper. But that wasn't the case for Kylo. Last night had been a dream. All your fears about this trip were put at ease and you were so happy to have him with you for one of your favorite holidays.

You smiled at him, your sleepy eyes looking into his own. You always thought he looked his most beautiful right in the mornings. His guard was down, he was his complete and true self, and most importantly his lips were in the perfect pout to complement his beautifully messy hair.

"Merry Christmas, Kylo," you whispered. His hand came to your cheek and pulled your face to him as he kissed you softly. He was a saint for not caring about your morning breath.

"Merry Christmas, princess," he returned after parting from your lips. Gods, it felt so good to hear him say that in person. The last Christmas you were together you had to hear him say those words on the phone and your heart ached from the sadness behind them. Now, there was nothing but joy and excitement. It only made you more excited for the day so you shot up in bed, bounced on your knees, and playfully pushed at his chest.

"Come on, we have to open presents!" You giggled and he couldn't stop himself from smiling and being excited too even if he still wanted a few more moments with you in bed. You hopped off the bed and Kylo did the same, grabbing his black t-shirt to throw on. He always slept shirtless with you and you certainly weren't complaining. You had managed to get him in a set of Christmas plaid pajama pants last night that matched your own pajama set so you could look just as festive as you felt. He would hate it but you'd be taking a lot of pictures together later.

You greeted everyone as you walked out of the bedroom. Wishing your mom and Poe a Merry Christmas with big hugs and then doing the same to Rey and Finn. Even Kylo went around and gave everyone a hug. Once you all got your coffees and had some of the delicious cookies you and Kylo made, you sat down to open presents. It's A Wonderful Life played as you exchanged gifts, another tradition you could share with Kylo.

You always had a hard time finding a gift for Kylo. You knew you really didn't have to get him anything. That having you was a gift enough but it's Christmas and he had to have something to open. What you weren't expecting though was for Rey, Poe, and your mom to all give Kylo something. And you were even more shocked when Kylo brought gifts for everyone. He had been prepared and the gifts that he gave were perfect. Nothing too personal since he didn't know them well enough yet. But practical things that they could use. A planner for Rey to keep track of all her auditions. A ticket to use his private jet for Poe and Finn for a date night of their choosing. And for your mom, a new tech gadget Force Technologies was working on. A digital photo book where she could display any photos of her choosing from her phone within an actual book. The pages were a thin digital material that once paired with a phone, could display images right on the page. That way she could have her favorite memories and photos of you and Poe right in her hands. Each one was so thoughtful and the gifts you got him started to seem drab in comparison.

You and Kylo had waited to exchange your gifts in private while everyone was off preparing dinner. You handed Kylo the first box you had for him and felt the nerves tingling inside you as he took it and opened it. Inside was a framed photo the two of you took together while you were celebrating that wonderful birthday trip he took you on. It was your favorite one of the two of you. You both looked so happy and you wanted him to have a reminder of that feeling. Whether he put it on his desk at work or at home or even on his nightstand, you just wanted him to be able to look at it and feel that happiness. Beneath the frame laid a small coupon. You had found this one day while browsing different shops and thought it would be a cute way to give yourself to Kylo as a gift.

"To be redeemed any way you please, sir." You smirked as he looked it over. You could see the pure excitement and lust written all over your face.

"Thank you, kitten. I love it. This is one of my favorite pictures." Your heart swelled and you leaned over to give him a kiss before breaking away to hand him your last gift. The box was small and when he opened it he smiled. You had got him an engraved lighter. It had both your initials as well as the work Ignite. One of the first words that came to mind when you thought about those first intimate moments you had with Kylo.

"For when you get those stressed-out urges."

"It's perfect, princess. Thank you." This time it was him who leaned over to press a kiss to your lips. He broke away smirking as he reached for a box and handed it to you. Much like Kylo, he was all you really needed. All you wanted. You couldn't ask for anything better than him. But it seemed he too wanted to give you something to open this Christmas.

You tore the paper apart and opened the box. You couldn't stop the look of confusion on your face as you saw the solid-colored notebook that lay before you. As you picked it up and started paging through it, the tears fell like streams down your face.

"I've used this notebook to jot down thoughts and feelings about you. Sayings or phrases that remind me of you. I've had it since we got back from Vermont."

You couldn't believe your eyes. Maybe it was because you could barely read some of the things scribbled down in his handwriting from the tears that welled in your eyes.

She doesn't see how absolutely beautiful she is. I wish I could tell her that she is more beautiful than a sunrise on a dewy morning. More beautiful than the first bloom of a rose in spring. More beautiful than the earth covered in a white blanket of snow after all the snow has fallen and the world is quiet. And I wish she would believe it. She is truly the most beautiful thing my eyes have ever seen.

You looked up at Kylo and he couldn't help from chuckling at the sight of your red eyes and stained cheeks. He hated seeing you cry but he knew these weren't tears of hurt or pain. He knew exactly what they were tears of.

"I have another one for you, kitten. Want to open it?" His voice was soft and you just nodded your head, afraid that any words that might come out of you right now would be choked. He chuckled as he handed you another box. This one was heavier than the last as you ripped open the paper. Before you sat a wooden box engraved with the words Adventure Box. You smiled big as you lifted the lid. Inside was a book of different adventure ideas to do as a couple. The box was to store any trinkets or things you picked up while on these adventures.

"Kylo this...this is so amazing. I- I don't even have words. These are the best gifts I've ever received. Thank you." You threw yourself into his arms as your lips crashed into his. You were thanking him in the way you knew best. In a way you know he loved much more than words sometimes.

You couldn't deny that this Christmas was hands down one of the best you've had in a very long time. They weren't great after your dad's passing and even though you gained some new friends along the way and started new traditions of your own, this holiday never really felt the same as it used to when your dad was around. This year you felt it again. You felt your dad's presence here with you and Christmas finally felt whole again. You felt the joy of the season come back into your life, back into this house. Kylo had made this special. He had helped you realize why you love this season so much. He had found his own joy in it.

You couldn't wait to spend many more of these kinds of Christmases with him.

*

*

*
*

hello my loves! I once again apologize for taking so much time to publish this one! It is (once again) unedited so I apologize for any grammar or spelling errors you may have encountered. I know we are far from Christmas but I hope you enjoy this one nonetheless. Thank you all for 60k reads, it means the absolute world to me that you enjoy this fic as much as I enjoy writing it. Thank you for your continued support and patience and for leaving awesome comments! They let me know how much you're enjoying :) As always if you want to discuss or if you have any questions regarding Well-Bred you can follow me on twitter @adamdsolo xo, Laur

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245 8 6
You have been kidnaped and brought on the finalizer where you meet the famous Kylo Ren. The one who brought so much fear and destruction to the galax...
50.6K 1.4K 39
Kylo Ren/Ben Solo x Reader modern AU You have started your new job at a publishing company after studying for years along side your partner, Ben Sol...
69.4K 2.1K 58
!!Please read warnings before reading!! 18+ only!! Mafia!KyloRen x MC Mr. Kylo Ren is the CEO of Bank of Ren and he is the richest man in New York C...
106K 3.3K 29
You're an up and coming journalist with dreams of becoming a well known investigative reporter. Saddled with a new assignment to write an expansive p...