Snow and Ice || 태국

By s_chiena

Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook shared a desk for six years of primary school. Taehyung had tormented Jungkook... More

My Deskmate
Retaliation
An accident
A spectacle
Becoming a father
The source of his happiness
Winter activity
So what happened next?
On to university
A plan
Athlete assistant
Old classmate
Standoff
Shameless
Stirring trouble (1)
A business transaction
Life Coach
A chance encounter
Made a loss
A pervert
A competition
The third time
Different wavelengths
Ruin and provoke
A ticket
The competition and being drunk
A huge trap
Second parent
Music room
Music room (2)
Three musketeers
The audience's silence
Top Ten singer
Those times
Regret
Bury the hatchet
Ups and downs
Difficulty: Hard
Little left to the imagination
See how it goes
PR crisis
Touched
Bunch of devils
Convince by actions
Anecdote
Departure and arrival
Faint longing
Face-to-face revision
I like you
The most familiar pervert
Jungkook-ssi's return
Flowers for you
Bedtime story
Bite you
The perils of Jianghu
Pig farm
A kiss
Obedient Taehyung
Daddy loves you
Our Green Ice
A chance encounter
Pounded with excitement
Angry?
Not a decent fellow
Temple fair
The figure's not bad
The logic of psyching someone out
Time
True love and lies
Ice God
Fan group
Gift
Rock Sugar And Pear Stew (not a chapter)
Infuriate by teasing
A lame joke
Contrary to expectation
Courage and drive (1)
Resolution (2)
The joy of being attached
A late gift
Mystery solved
Fate's arrangement
Idol pays the price
A Flower
Meeting their son-in-law
Natural charmer
Here to serve
Chapter 88
(Censored) - Side story: The cheating crisis
First competition
A battle to make his name
A visit to the parents
Swept out of the house
Pig brains and couple of watches
Side story: Childhood elopement
(Censored) - Poor condition
Roses
Mysterious boy
Sunshine and confession
Ultimate hero
Palace drama
Inevitable encounter
New Year's Eve
Unique logo
That's true love
Like a pervert
~ Finale ~
Bonus Chapter 1 - Side story: The funeral of roses
Bonus Chapter 2 - Taehyung x Jungkook

Repayment

210 13 2
By s_chiena

When dinnertime came around, the three of them were once again gathered together. Taehyung and Jungkook shared a meal card. When the two of them headed to buy their food, Yukhei trailed behind.

Jungkook was a little annoyed.

They sat down after buying their meals. Yukhei and Taehyung chatted while Jungkook sat at the side, browsing his phone with a lowered head. As he did so, he perked an ear to listen to their meaningless chatter.

Yukhei asked, "How was today's training?"

Taehyung replied, "Still alright. But I got scolded by the coach in front of everyone. I almost died from fright."

"I was also lectured by my coach."

"Ah?" Taehyung was surprised. "What did he lecture you for?"

"Something along the lines of me not being focused and how it was showing in my results."

Taehyung nodded. "Seems like all coaches are the same."

Mm, if someone like Yukhei could get scolded, it was probably nothing much for a small fry like Taehyung to get scolded as well. He was unexpectedly consoled by this fact...

Taehyung saw that Yukhei looked worried. Guessing that he was unused to it as he was a good child who rarely got scolded, he comforted him, "All coaches like to blow things out of proportion. Don't take it to heart."

Yukhei let out a sigh. He spoke in a soft voice, "I'm just worried that I'll continue growing taller."

This was a very distressing topic.

Jungkook originally wanted to see if anyone was still scolding Taehyung. After browsing through the forum, he discovered a very meaningful discussion thread instead. The thread said that he, Taehyung, and Yukhei were like a family of three as they gathered for their meal. It looked as if a dad and mom were out on an excursion with their child.

As for the question of who were the parents and who was the child, wasn't it obvious enough?

The discovery of this thread placed Jungkook in a fantastic mood. Putting down his phone, he felt that Yukhei did not look as irritating as usual when he looked at him again. Jungkook's eyes began to take on the indulgent gaze of a father looking at his favorite child.

Yukhei, "..."

Feeling a little uncomfortable, he lowered his head and silently ate his food.

The atmosphere settled into an awkward silence that lasted throughout the entire meal. As they left the canteen after finishing their meals, Taehyung told Jungkook, "I'll return you the money."

"Take your time."

Yukhei tapped Taehyung surreptitiously. He said, "I still have money."

Jungkook silently rolled his eyes at the side, what does it have to do with you?

He had the urge to stuff this unfilial child into the rubbish bin.

It was great that Taehyung waved his hands to reject him. "It's fine, I have a plan. My dad is a little tight-fisted but there's no lack of people who love me. I shall seek some sponsorship."

Intrigued, both Jungkook and Yukhei stared at him curiously.

Right in front of the two of them, Taehyung called his four grandparents. The content of all four calls was the same, which was to inform the few elders that their precious grandchild had decided to make a comeback in the speed skating scene. The only problem was that he was a little tight on money and needed people to sponsor him. He had decided to raise funds in the form of a competition with a prize. The one who sponsored him with the highest amount would be the person that he would thank first when he wins a competition and gets interviewed in the future.

Blah blah blah...

Jungkook had the vague feeling that he was witnessing an elderly fraud take place.

Yukhei's eyes were nearly popping out of his head. After Taehyung finished the calls, he pointed to his phone and asked, "Will it work?"

Taehyung gave a slight nod. "I don't think there'll be any issues."

......

It was a huge, huge, huge issue. Even though it was not guaranteed and would only happen in the future, the elders in the family were highly agitated at the thought of being the first person that Taehyung would thank. The issue was no longer as simple as sponsoring Taehyung; all four grandparents viewed each other as direct competitors. They would squabble with their partners at home and when they met their in-laws outside, they would try to secretly sound out the other party's sponsorship amount before exchanging barbs and parting ways.

While competing with each other, the four elders remembered Taehyung's instructions to not leak this matter out and only fought within themselves.

Lately, Principal Kim felt that something was wrong. The family elders had been retiring peacefully at home all this while. Why were they so grumpy these days? It was the same for both his parents and his in-laws. Could it be related to the sunspots phenomena that had appeared recently?

This was only his suspicions. Principal Kim discovered the severity of the matter only when his mother sneaked to the bank to transfer money. As it involved a rather large amount, the bank employee was concerned and called a family member to verify the transfer.

Principal Kim rushed down to the bank. When he saw that the intended recipient of the money was Taehyung, he fumed with rage. "I knew it! That unlucky child must have caused trouble!"

He fetched his mother's home. On the way back, he had her narrate the entire incident to him.

Then, Principal Kim called Taehyung. When his son picked up, the first thing he did was to rain Taehyung with criticisms.

"Do you still have a conscience? It's not easy for your grandparents to accumulate some savings at their age. Don't you feel guilty tricking them out of their money? Do you think that no one can keep you in check now that you've entered university? Just you wait, I'll head down to find you tomorrow!"

"Dad, I'm not scamming their money. I'm joining the school speed skating team on the condition that I pay for my expenses first," Taehyung explained.

Principal Kim gentled his tone. "Then why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"I was worried that you won't support me...' Taehyung sulked, "because of a few ten thousand won, you even said that I was adopted."

"Oho, you have such a clear memory of this incident. Why do you not seem to remember other more positive incidents?"

"I do remember other positive incidents. I remember when you brought me to ice skate for the first time, the coach said that I was as resistant as a Nokia to falls. Even after we went home, you were indignant on my behalf for a very long time."

"Humph." Principal Kim was tickled by his words. He had the urge to laugh but held it in as he felt a little embarrassed. After a while, he suddenly exhaled a heavy sigh. "I must have owed you a debt in my past life."

"Dad, don't put it this way. When I start earning in the future, the first two people I'll repay would be you and mom."

"Forget it. Continue skating if you want to do so. Our family can still afford this sum of money. Just be mindful of your conduct and don't go around boasting about it."

Taehyung was delighted. "Thanks, Dad, you're my biggest hero!"

"Yes, yes. Stop being so glib. Just keep one thing in mind."

"What is it?"

"This money is from your mother and me. When you win competitions, we should be the first that you thank, got it?"

Sure, what was so hard about that?

——

After Taehyung received the money, the first thing that he did was find Jungkook.

Jungkook left the class with Donghee and the rest after the lesson was over. He was much taller than the average student and stood out easily from the crowd. Seeing that it was raining when they reached the building entrance, Jungkook lowered his head and reached for his umbrella. Suddenly, Donghee pointed at the road in the distance and exclaimed, "Hey, your emperor is here."

Jungkook raised his head and saw Taehyung holding a red umbrella. He stood in the rain and gazed at Jungkook.

He refastened his bag and slung it back onto his shoulders decisively. Risking the rain, he ran towards Taehyung.

The winter rain swirled in the wind and fell on his body, face, and head.

As he approached him, Taehyung lifted the umbrella a little higher to accommodate his height.

When Jungkook ducked beneath his umbrella, he automatically stretched to take the umbrella from Taehyung without batting an eye. His hand drew close to the back of Taehyung's hand as he instinctively reached for the handle. From all angles, it looked as if he was about to wrap his hand around Taehyung's.

Jungkook's palm burned with a dry heat as it unintentionally brushed against the soft and sensitive skin on the back of Taehyung's hand. Taehyung withdrew his hand quickly.

Jungkook gripped the umbrella and adjusted it slightly so that it was tilted towards Taehyung. Then, he lowered his head to look at him and asked, "What's up?"

Taehyung looked up at him and beamed. "Clearing my debt."

With this one smile from him, Jungkook found himself smiling as well. He did not know what he was smiling for. Every time he saw this fool lit up, he could not help but be infected by his happiness.

It was as if he was under a spell...

Taehyung fished out his phone and transferred the money to Jungkook.

Jungkook did not ask him why he came to find him even though the money transfer was an online transaction. He thought that Taehyung probably wanted to see him.

"I still want to thank you in person. Jungkook, thank you," Taehyung said after returning the money.

Jungkook lightly raised a brow and asked, "That's it?"

"Of course not. Let me think, how can I repay you..." Taehyung's voice trailed off as he suddenly rubbed his hands like a fly that had landed on a watermelon. A mysterious smile spread across his face.

When Jungkook saw this particular smile, his thoughts began to wander.

Jungkook narrowed his eyes and scanned his face intently. Then, he met Taehyung's gaze and in a hesitant tone, asked, "You can't possibly be... thinking of pledging yourself to me, are you?"

This question made Taehyung a little flustered.

He shook his head, saying, "Jungkook, I don't think you know my taste."

Jungkook thought I know all too well.

Taehyung declared, "Don't worry, I won't stretch my evil claws towards you."

Jungkook thought, Wow, thanks.

Taehyung continued, "I'll admit, you're quite good-looking. However, a highly sought-after male god like you who is chased by countless other girls is not my cup of tea. I only like cute guys who are fair and delicate-looking."

Jungkook thought I used to be fair and delicate-looking too.

...Who would have thought that I'll grow up to be so large!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 309 37
While on a night out , you hit it off with a stranger at a club, The man you didn't expect it to be , turns out to be a guy from your college , Just...
451K 21.3K 55
Jungkook is a single parent who decides to go back to the University to complete his Masters degree. Taehyung is a new Professor at the University wh...
89.1K 6.7K 36
Story by cutegir2002 ______ A story of Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook. The two souls studying in the same school, in their last year before entering...
30K 1K 17
Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung are college students from different worlds. Taehyung is the captain of the basketball team and Jungkook never really l...