NIGHT CHANGES

By harshh02

1 in #bcci .... 19 Nov 2021 13 in #ict .... 21 Nov 2021 8 in #hidden marriage .... 8 Dec 2021 3 in #ipl... More

General info
1. Surprise!!
2. Decision.
3. Aftermath I
4. Aftermath II
5. Arrival in Mumbai!
6. Betrayal
7. Sad and gloomy
8. My baby!
9. Single or Commited?? I
COVER!
10. Single or Commited?? II
11. Shooting eachother
12. Sleepy Boo
13. Fate
14. Fun-day!
15. Matchy Matchy
16. Old habits
18. New friend
19. A New Start
Character Aesthetics
20. Touchdown Chennai
21. Double Trouble I
22. Double Trouble II
Author's Note

17. Weird Me

257 17 2
By harshh02

Reminder : The teams and the players are of IPL 2021.

------------------------------------------------

Rishabh Pant

We played a match against RCB yesterday and we won the game making our spot in top 4 secure. We left from there to Kolkata at night as soon as we finished the match. Hope to win the game against KKR which is after a day and be in the top of the points table.

We were taking a break in between our practice. We all had gathered around the nets chit chatting and I was feeling lost.

I'm feeling soo damn lost from yesterday and I don't know the reason. It's making me so irritated and restless. Somehow I managed to keep that in check for yesterday's match and didn't let it hamper my performance.

"So at what time is Ads coming today??" I heard Prithvi ask.

Hearing to it I suddenly turned my head towards Prithvi, and he was seeing in my direction. I gave him a confused look

"By evening she should be here, she told her flight is in the afternoon. I don't know the exact time" I heard Shrey's voice for behind me.

Ohh so Prith was seeing him.

"Then call and ask right!" I told him as soon as he came and settled beside me.

"So eager to meet my bhabhi huh?" He asked me so as only I could hear him
wiggling his eyebrows playfully.

"Nothing like that! Kuch bhi! I'm just asking abt Rah Bhai!" I told

"Haan haan kuch bhi! Come on Rishu! Accept ki tu Ads ko miss kar rahe ho." He whispered.

"Nope! Main kyun usse miss karunga? I'm happy that penguin isn't here." I told

"Yup mujhe dikh raha hai tu kaise happy hai." He told in a sarcastic way. I was confused why he told it like that.

I'm genuinely happy that penguin is not here. After the match against SRH 4 days back, which we won (ofcourse) we went to Bangalore and Penguin went to Mumbai. Apparently she was given 2 days holiday and she left a day early as soon as the match completed.

I was soo over the moon when I heard this news. Like I was fed up of her. Whenever I used to see her, I was reminded of that day and our marriage. Though half of the people didn't know and others didn't probe anything to us it's just I was feeling so frustrated. And that came out in the form of bickering with her. I guess I can tell that she also felt the same. At first it was rare, but as the time went we use to bicker for small small things, all the people got accustomed to our bickering and didn't try to stop after first few failed attempts.

So I was at peace for 3 days but thanks to I don't know what, I'm feeling lost. And top of this, Shrey and Akshu never let me be in peace by their continuous teasings.

"Kya khus phus kar rahe ho tum dono?" Asked Prith.

"Arre Rishu was missing someone bhai!" Exclaimed Shrey.

"Who is that??" Asked Shikhi bhai with a playful smile.

"No one Bhai. He is just blabbering something." I told immediately

"But we know whom you're missing!" Told Akshu.

"And that too to become clean bowled again you're waiting for them!" Rabada said with a huge grin.

I made a scowling face.
Everyone started laughing.

"It was just fluke for her, she couldn't get me out of I had given my 100%". I told

"Keep telling that to yourself Rishu, if it makes you sleep at night peacefully " said Jinks Bhai sarcastically

"Yeah whatever" I told and zoned out of their further talks.

Yes! You guys read it right! That penguin fucking clean bowled me! Me! The Rishabh Pant! I am sooo not gonna forgive her for this!!!

You guys don't know what happened right!? So I'll tell you how she tricked me!

*Flashback*

It was a usual day, just practicing for tomorrow's match against CSK in Chennai.

I was batting and Avi (Avesh Khan) was bowling to me.
After sometime I see Penguin walk upto Avi and told something which pissed me off.

Like hell what she told will happen!!

"Avi bowl a fast ball he will get out pakka" is what she told.

"Oh hello? Who are you to advise him?? He is bowler, he knows what and how to bowl. You just go do your work and let him do his! You don't know anything about it." I kinda shouted coz why the hell is she interfering!?

"I'm just telling it to him to give him a relief from bowling to you! And I know everything about it, you kothi!" She retorted.

"Really?? A penguin will know about bowling, batting and cricket!? I didn't know!" I told it sarcastically with a chukle.

"I don't know about penguins, but I know cricket!" She told with a smirk

Shit! I wanted her to make a slip of tongue like me and tell as a Penguin only!
(The 'Shooting Eachother' chapter)

"Okay then, prove it to me!"

"Why will I prove it to some kothi! I'm not interested in proving voving and all"

"Scared huh? That you won't be able to make me out!?" I asked with raised eyebrows challenging her.

"I'm not scared, but you should be scared after I bowl to you. Wait and watch" she told with a 'challenge accepted' look.

Avi passed the ball to her, I was ready. Everyone had gathered to see the face off by that time.

"Woohooo come on Rishu!" Cheered Shrey and other DC members. Where as CSK players cheered for penguin.

She bowled the first ball, it was a bouncer. I was really lucky it just passed over my head, if I hadn't dodged it I would've been injured like hell.

She was looking like an angry lioness.

"Calm down and concentrate otherwise I won't be out so easily" I teased her.

She just smirked and was getting ready to bowl the next one.

I didn't know exactly what happened, one second I was teasing her and the next second her smirk grew wider.

She cleaned bowled me!!! Wth!!!

"Woohooo Ads! Awesome bowling!!" Cheered Shrey. I gave a stinky eye glaring at him.

Dhokebaaz! He is my friend and now cheering for that Penguin!

Not only him in fact everyone, I was blatantly ignored by all!! I just huffed and went away.

*Flashback Ends*

"Oh Bhai! Kaha khoye hue ho!?" Asked Shubi.

"Or kaha? In someone's dreamy dreams" Shrey told with a huge smile.

"Kaha khoya!? Main kahi nahi khoya hua hu." I told

"We were calling out to you 100 times."  Nagar told.

"Nothing was just thinking about the previous net practices" I uttered with my control

"Oohooo reminiscing the time you got clean bowled by Ads huh??" Told Akshu wiggling his eyebrows.

"No yaar! Just shut up!" I said.

"Ohh what is this? I don't even know about this someone tell naa" whined Shubhi, Nagar nodded his head.

They had started narrating the story dramatically, I was just staring absent mindedly at them.

"See again you have zoned out!"

"Now what will you tell??"

"Are you missing her??"

"Don't worry she will be back today"

Came their different questions, replies and ofcourse teasings.

"Guys! Stop it! Enough of the break, let's continue the practice" I told and went towards the nets to get on with the practice and to escape from their teasings.

But one question was running in my mind "Are you missing her?"

Am I missing her!? I asked myself.

No I guess not. I'm not an idiot to miss her. I was actually happy that she won't be there for a few days.

But you were sad and lost from yesterday.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean I miss her. It's just maybe coz of the stress of the upcoming matches and all as we are nearing the finals.

But you do miss her in your teeny tiny corner of your heart.

Hmmm

You can't deny that to yourself Rish. It's not good.

Okay!! I agree!! I do miss her!!

But not like that. I miss the bickering with her.

Like that means!??

Like a companion, lover or her husband. I just miss her coz no one here fights with me. And I miss her cute combacks.

Cuteeee!!!

Yess cute.

Uff! you did admit that you find her cute.

Obvio she is a cute penguin. My penguin

Your Penguin ah?

Yes! My penguin

So you like her?

Yeah.

Omggg! You admitted that you like her!!! Omgg Rish your on a roll today!

What!?? When?? I don't like her!!

Just now you told.

It's just that ..that. .it's just that she has become tolerable that's it!

"Rishu! Concentrate here, you can dream later!" Lalu's voice brought me back from my convo with myself.

Uff! It was soo ..soo I don't have any words to say. What the hell was I thinking!?? I like her?? Noo not at all. I miss her?? Noo not at all.

But.. but.. I do feel some void without her. The day she went and the next one I was happy and relieved but then, from next day I'm feeling so lost.

Is it because I really miss her!?? Is it because I like her!?

Yes Rish! You do like her!

Omg! Noo.. noo..noo..no..no .n...maybe.. yes!
Ugh!!! I'm going mad thinking these.

Omg!! I've gone mad!! I'm acting really really weird.

But ..yeah I like her a bit.

I like her!
I like her!

She is coming back today!

Oh my god!

My cute penguin is coming back!!

I've to do something for her! I don't know what, but something. This realisation that I like her is wanting me to do something for her!

Hmmmm....think Rish think!!

Yesss!! I got an idea!!! I'll do that only!!!

Offo! Today was a long day!
A day of late realisations!
By Weird me!

----------------------------------------------------

A/N

Heyyyaaaa!!!

Looooooooong time no see.

So here is the long due update.

Let me know how was it!?
Did you like how Rishu was cleaned bowled by Ads!?

Finally Rishu has accepted he likes her!! Be tuned in to see what's for them in future.

And keep thinking what will Rishu do for her!! What's his idea?🤔

A surprise awaits you guys in the next update! Until then cya!!

Do vote and comment please❤️
It gives me a lot of encouragement to write!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5M 26.9K 6
#1 in General fiction and Romance for a long time An Arranged marriage! Why not ? Marrying a Stranger? Why..... what the hell? Arranged marriage...
30K 1.4K 37
I called the Event Manager to recheck if everything is done right. Once I got an affirmative answer from him, I hung the phone and we have to be ther...
16.2K 880 28
THIS STORY IS FROM MY DELUSIONAL WORLD WHERE IN A VERY Hypothetical WORLD EVERYTHING HAPPEN. WHERE THREE MAIN PEOPLE OF ISHAN LIFE CHARGED HIM BY SAY...
114K 1.1K 10
He is Mr Handsome and the one who can conquer anyone in the business world. He has a past which no one knows. And that made him lose hope in love and...