Pokemon Sword & Shield:The Au...

By Splufix

Autism by definition is:"a developmental disorder of variable severity that is characterized by difficulty in... More

A Story based on Pokemon Sword & Shield (This is gonna be cool)
The Start of Something Big
New Discoveries
Into the Big World
I'm Ready!
Through the Turrfields
Ocean Town Paradise
Early-Evening Waves
Into the Fire
Wild Area Adventures
Welcome to Hammerlocke
Fairy Forest
Snowtown Abound
Rocking Out in Spikemuth
The Semi-Finals
Saving Tiana
The Finals
Answering the Call
Cody Vs Leon
Old Life,New Problems
Heading to the Isle & The Master Dojo
Trialing Trek
Meeting the Armor
Into the Red Tower
Honey Hunt
Master Dojo Duel
Sweet Surprise
Zip-Zap Battle
A Trip to the Tundra
Mysterious Meeting
Strange Activity
A Sorrowful Scene & Bird Catching
Robo Rumble
Terror Strikes
Slow But Steady
Making A Move
Fire Fighting & Galactic Battles
Beat the Flare & Ideals Vs. Truth
Stopping the Rocket
Not Backing Down & The Galarian Star Tournament Pt.1
The Galarian Star Tournament Pt.2
An Adventure's End
The End
Cody's Horror-ween Special

Fighting the Dragon

120 4 0
By Splufix

Cody stood in front of Hammerlocke Stadium,he was nervous to go inside and fight Raihan due to his complex battle style of using the weather,even if he had a secret plan for that,he wondered if he would even make it out with the last badge he needed.

This was gonna be the most difficult gym battle he's ever had.

Cody*Spongebob Voice*:There it is...the finest fighting establishment,ever established for fighting...The Hammerlocke Stadium.Home of the Dragon-Type trainer,Raihan.

Cody*Spongebob Voice*:For this entire Challenge,I've dreamt of this moment! I'm gonna go in there,march straight to Raihan,look him straight in the eye,lay it on the line!And...

Cody*Spongebob Voice*:D'oh,I can't do this!

He tries to run away but is met with Gloria and Victor standing in front of him,arms crossed.

Cody:Ah! Gloria,Victor!

Victor:Where do you think you're going?

Cody:I was just gonna...

Gloria:No,you're not.

Victor:You're going to the Stadium and getting that badge!

Cody:I can't! Don't you see! I'm not good enough!

The two look at him with flabbergasted looks on their faces.

They look at each other and nod then begin to talk to their friend.

Gloria:Are you kidding,right now? Who's first words were "I'm gonna show them all" when they entered this challenge?

Cody:Mines.

Victor:And who pushed past all those rumors and naysayers from before?

Cody:I did.

Gloria & Victor:Who's...Who's...Who's the autistic boy who's gotten this far and is not willing to give up?!

Cody gets determined as he shouts...

Cody:It's me!

Victor:That's what I like to see,sport!

Gloria then pushes Cody forward.

Gloria:Now get in there and give me a battle,I'll never forget!

He salutes and zooms to the Stadium.

After getting his crew together,changing into his uniform and psyching himself up,he goes to the vault for his Gym Mission.

He sees Raihan on his phone checking something once he's there.

Raihan:Let's see,how many Gym Challengers are left? Huh..Not even ten,eh?

Raihan:All right then...Cody! Time to explain the great Raihan's Gym Mission!

He explains that Cody needs to defeat three trainers that were trained by Raihan himself,in double battles.

Cody battled Sebastian,Camilla and Aria in Double Battles but had to adapt with Weather conditions.

He was a bit disoriented but he found his flow and pushed past the three.

Raihan:Nice one,Cody! You've completed my Gym Mission.

Cody*Pumbaa Voice*:Thank you!

Raihan:Come on. Time to head to the Gym Stadium. You've earned the right to face me yourself!

They returned to the Stadium but before Cody got to the pitch he brought his team out.

Ima,Ferna,Klax,Zolta,Talis and Zego stood in front of him as he spoke to them.

Cody:Guys,I just wanna say...Thank you. You all have supported me through every battle and experience we've been through and I'm grateful to have you all with me.

They all give him cries of thankfulness.

After the encouraging message he returns to his team and heads out to meet Raihan.

Raihan:Finally,a challenger made it! I've been waiting for someone to battle...Though I've gotta admit I didn't think it'd be you!

Cody:I tried my best and it's gotten me this far.

Raihan:Guess,I should've expected no less from a Trainer,Leon saw promise in.

Raihan:And you aim to defeat Leon...so as his rival,I guess that I-Raihan-will have to show you! Gym Leader Raihan doesn't simply control the weather. He also seeks two-on-two battles!

Cody*King K.Rool Voice*:Then you better ready yourself for a real battle!

They walk to their corners and Cody gets pumped up.

Raihan throws out his first two Pokemon,Flygon and Gigalith.

Cody brings out Ima and Klax.

The arena gets filled with a Sandstorm from Gigalith's Sand Stream ability.

Cody:Ima!

She turns her head to him.

He gives him a thumbs up as a calling sign and she goes with it.

Ima raises her finger into the air and fires a water beam in the sky.

The sandstorm disappears and is replaced with rain instead.

Cody had his Inteleon learn Rain Dance for this exact moment.

Klax then used his Prankster ability to use Bulk Up.

Raihan:Nice one...but not enough!

Flygon uses Steel Wing on Klax who takes it with his raised defenses and defeats it.

Gigalith then lays down some Stealth Rocks for a hazard.

Raihan then brings out his Sandaconda.

Ima is able to defeat Gigalith with Snipe Shot which was boosted by the rain while Klax uses another Bulk Up.

Sandaconda inflicts paralysis on Ima with Glare making Cody pull her back,replacing her with Ferna,who is now wearing the Safety Goggles.

Raihan then brings out his final Pokemon,Duraludon which was a Pokemon that looked like a robot.

When Cody saw it he had a sudden urge to get one for himself but that would have to wait.

Raihan:Bring the Storm! My partner will send everyone in the stadium flying!

He then returns his Duraludon and Gigantamax's,making it become a giant skyscraper.

As it roared it made a huge sound that was somewhat prismatic and sounded like glass.

Cody resisted the loud noise it made and kept himself focused.

Ferna goes first as she inflicted Duraludon with Will-O-Wisp.

Duraludon then attacks Klax with Max Knuckle but he takes it with his increased defenses once again and its lowered attack.

Sandaconda uses Earth Power on Ferna causing her to get launched into the air.

Cody:You okay,Ferna?

She gets up and nods then flares up her fire hair in determination.

Klax then attacks Duraludon with Superpower doing a lot of damage.

The rain ends and Ferna attacks Duraludon with Flamethrower doing some more great damage.

Duraludon attacks Klax with Max Knuckle again leaving on the verge of fainting.

Sandaconda then uses Fire Fang on Klax causing him to stumble,he then falls on one knee,trying to get up but he fails and passes out.

Cody returns Klax and thanks him for his service then brings out Talis whom he Dynamaxes.

Cody:Talis! It's all up to you!

He looks down at his trainer and nods then gets ready.

But to Cody's luck,Raihan's Duraldudon shrinks back to normal size and gets hurt by a burn.

Ferna then uses Close Combat to take out Duraludon while Talis attacks Sandaconda with Max Phantasm.

But Sandaconda uses Protect and takes half the damage from it but gets its defense lowered.

Now vulnerable,Ferna finishes off the sand snake with Brick Break.

Cody looks shocked then gets happy and jumps in excitement.

Raihan:I might have lost,but I still look good. Maybe I should snap a quick selfie.

He returns his Pokemon and meets with the dragon of Hammerlocke,who had a smile on his face.

Raihan:In the aftermath of the furious battle...I feel as pure and refreshed as when a sky clears after a storm.

Raihan:What can I possibly say? Calling myself Leon's rival? Seems I'd grown conceited for someone can't even claim the Champion title.

Raihan:Overconfident in both myself and my team!

Cody nods in agreement.

Raihan:I'll give you what you want,then. The proof of your victory-the Dragon Badge!

He held it out to him but Cody just stared at it.

The autsitic boy had finally done it,he was able to complete the Gym Challenge and would show what he could do against the Gym Leaders.

He had only entered a few days ago but it felt so fast for him to get here.

Raihan:Hey,you gonna stand there or what?

Cody:I know just taking it in.

Raihan:I get it...For someone like you it can be a bit much but you deserve this...shows how hard you worked to get this far.

Cody nods and places his final badge into his Badge Ring making him able to enter the Pokemon League.

Announcer:And just like that,folks! The Autsitic Trainer,Cody Fairson,has completed the Gym Challenge and is on his way to Wyndon for a chance to challenge the Champion in the Championship Cup.

Cody returns to the lobby and gets his rewards from Raihan himself,Breaking Swipe and a Dragon Gym uniform.

Hop shows up ready to fight while Cody goes outside.

When gets outside he sees his fans,Gloria,Victor,his grandma and sister there.

Cody:Hey guys!

Sonia:Hey,Cody!

Victor & Gloria:Alright,Cody!

Cody's fans:You did it!

He waves at all of them.

Sonia:You gave Raihan a good thrashing,and that means you've completed the Gym Challenge!

Victor:Yeah,so congrats from the bottom of our hearts!

Peria:You did so amazingly,out there!

Psynina:Very talented,you are....Glad you finished this Challenge.

Cody:Thanks guys but I still gotta worry about the Champion Cup.

Sunny:Oh,I'm sure you'll kill it,just like the Challenge.

Sonia:I really wish we could go celebrate,but I think there're some things we should talk over.

Cody walks over to see what it was exactly.

Sonia:That light that covered Hammerlocke...It was just like the Darkest Day,where it's said that giant Pokemon went on a rampage and almost destroyed the entire Galar region.

Magnolia:It certainly seems to be that way,my dear.As you know,we Dynamax our Pokemon today using the energy from Wishing Stars that have fallen to us.

Cody:But we still don't know how to fully control the energy behind Dynamaxing or how the two heroes managed to do it.

Magnolia:In fact,we're not even really sure who-or what-the two heroes actually were.

Cody nods.

Sonia:The legendary sword and shield...

Magnolia:Sonia,my dearest...My lab coat is yours now.

Cody dropped his jaw while Sonia looked surprised.

Sonia:Are you sure,Gran? I still haven't finished the work you assigned me.

Magnolia:Think of it as something to help you finish that work.

Magnolia then hands her coat to Sonia.

Cody:Ah,Professor Sonia! You look great!

Sonia:Y-yeah!

Magnolia:The two heroes that protected the Galar region from the Darkest Day...

Magnolia:And the legend of the sword and shield you just mentioned...It's up to you to figure out the truth behind it all.

Sonia:I know,gran.

Cody:I'm so proud of you,come here!

He hugs Sonia tightly and she hugs back.

Cody*Hammy Voice*:Oh yeah,that feels good doesn't it?

Sonia:Yep...I'll do what I can! You or Hop could be the one to take down Leon,and I don't want to miss that! You can count on me to take care of everything!

Sonia:You just head to Wyndon.Go on! Head to the station or you'll miss the train.

Cody nods and heads toward the station when he sees a large beam of purple light in the Wild Area.

Cody finally decides to call a Corviknight taxi and uses it to fly him to that big beam.

After landing,Cody sees it lead him to the Giant's Seat,where he sees a Max den with large amounts of energy coming out.

Cody:That must be one strong Pokemon,I think I'll need some help.

He calls Victor,Gloria and Brodie and they arrive on the scene in ten minutes.

Brodie:What's up man?

Cody:Hey guys,I called cause I may need your help with this den battle.

Victor:Of course.

Gloria:Let's see what it is.

They all hop inside and check out what it is.

After they all get up they are shocked to find a Duraludon inside...

...But this one was Gigantamaxed which made Cody excited.

To be honest he expected a regular one but this would make a powerful member of his team for sure.

Cody sent out Ferna while his friends sent out their Pokemon,Corviknight,Lucario and Excadrill.

Cody went first with Will-O-Wisp to slowly take down the Pokemon.

Gloria's Lucario then sets up with Calm Mind to boost itself.

Brodie's Excadrill uses Hone Claws next.

Duraludon attacks Ferna with Max Steelspike,not doing much and boosting its defense.

Finally,Victor's Corviknight sets up a Reflect for the next attack.

Cody then gets his next turn and has Ferna attack with Flamethrower.

Gloria's Lucario then attacks with Aura Sphere doing major damage.

Brodie Dynamax's his Excadrill and has it use Max Knuckle to boost everyone's attack.

Duraludon then attacks using Metal Burst on Corviknight but does basically nothing.

Corviknight then goes next and uses Revenge doing some more damage.

The steel building Pokemon then puts up a shield after getting burned to protect itself.

Ferna attacks with Brick Break,Lucario uses Power-Up Punch and Excadrill uses Max Quake.

Duraludon attacks using Breaking Swipe.

Corviknight uses another Revenge and breaks the shield.

Cody then got an idea.

Cody:Guys! Let's rush it down.

Everyone then goes all out with status moves,physical moves and special moves.

The Duraludon then gets too tired and is vulnerable.

Cody looks through his Pokeballs trying to find the right one when he stumbles on the Friend Ball he had.

He knew strong Pokemon were hard to befriend so he had a feeling this ball might work.

He makes it grow and quickly throws it,sucking Duraludon inside.

The ball falls and rolls on the ground for a few minutes.

It shrinks down and clicks making Cody happy.

Cody grabs the ball and the treasures left behind then heads out of the den with the others.

Cody:Thanks for the help guys.

Gloria:You're welcome.

Victor:No problem.

Brodie:Happy to help.

He gives some of the rewards to the three and they head off while Cody checks out his new Pokemon friend.

Cody:Now. Let's look at you.

Duraludon The Alloy Pokemon Gender:Female Ability:Light Metal

"The special metal that composes its body is very light, so this Pokémon has considerable agility. It lives in caves because it dislikes the rain."

Gigantamax: "The hardness of its cells is exceptional, even among Steel types. It also has a body structure that's resistant to earthquakes."

Cody:Nice.

He then turns to the Steel dragon.

Cody:Hi,my name's Cody and your new name is gonna be Tiana,okay?

Tiana gets close and nuzzles him.

Cody:Aw...it's nice to meet you too. I guess that Friend Ball really worked well.

Cody noticed she looked a bit roughed up.

Cody:Uh...sorry for attacking you like that,looks like you got a little roughened up back there.

She waves it off with her arms.

Cody:Don't worry,I can fix that.

He then sets up his camp and gets his team out.

Cody then gets his pot out while Tiana greets everyone.

Cody was able to get some new ingredients and berries to make new curries to try.

He decided to use some MooMoo Cheese and sweet berries to make Sweet MooMoo Cheese Curry,he even put his heart and soul into it,so it could be perfect.

Cody:Alright,everyone come on!

His team came around to eat and Cody gave everyone the cheesy curry with him.

Everyone beamed up and began to dig in,Cody's curry was way better than the last time he made some and they loved his new curry,especially Tiana.

Cody*King Neptune Voice*:Why...that was so good,I'd like to try it a second time.

And so he had some more along with the others and afterwards played tag and raced.

Cody was bringing everyone back to their balls and was about to do it to Tiana but she refused to.

Cody:What is it,Tiana?

She holds out her blocky arm to him and he gets what she wants.

Cody:Okay,you can stay with me.

She becomes happy and holds his hand,in addition she transforms.

Tiana looked like a brown skinned woman with yellow eyes and was also quite tall.

Her clothes were very similar to a Duraludon's body,it consisted of a platinum tailcoat that covered her arms at the sleeves and wore leggings of the same color,she wore dark blue high heels with orange swatches at the bottom.

Her hair was a mix of dark blue,white and orange with some front hair hanging over her face while the back was in a shard shaped bun.

Cody also noticed she had a silver necklace around her neck,shaped after the Gigantmax symbol like on Cody's Dynamax Band.

Cody:Wow,you look so beautiful.

Tiana gets surprised then smiles softly at his compliment.

They then hold hands as Cody and Tiana walk back to Hammerlocke Hills,battling Pokemon along the way with Bracer,who manages to finally evolve into Kommo-o.

Kommo-o The Scaly Pokemon Gender:Male Ability:Soundproof

"It clatters its tail scales to unnerve opponents. This Pokémon will battle only those who stand steadfast in the face of this display."

Cody:Just in time,too.

Bracer nods and puts up a super strong stance to show himself off.

Cody then brings him back and decides to get two more Pokemon before the day is done.

First,Cody goes to Hammerlocke Hills and gets a Doublade.

Doublade The Sword Pokemon Gender:Male Ability:No Guard

"The two swords employ a strategy of rapidly alternating between offense and defense to bring down their prey."

He names the ghost-type Enigma and then heads to the Lake of Outrage with his bike's float function.

Once there he gets hot and notices it's hot weather there,which is what he was looking for.

Cody walks around for a while but stops when he sees an injured Pokemon in the grass.

It turned out to be an Arcanine and it was on the ground with a bruise on its leg.

Cody:Oh no!

The boy quickly runs up to it and looks at the big dog.

He knew it was too heavy to carry so he took out a Level Ball he got earlier and caught the dog then hurried to the Pokemon Center.

When he got there Nurse Joy took in the Fire Type immediately while Cody stayed at the center overnight to check on the Arcanine in the morning.

The next day,Cody met with Nurse Joy to see what happened.

Cody:Is it okay,Nurse Joy?

Nurse Joy:Luckily...it's okay. You did a good thing,bringing them here.

Cody:That's a relief...So is it safe to take with me?

Nurse Joy:Yes...Though I recommend not using it in any battles right now,even with potions it's still hurt from the injuries. You can check on them if you want.

He nods and goes toward the Arcanine's room to see it resting.

Cody then checks the fire dogs' information.

Arcanine The Legendary Pokemon Gender:Female Ability:Intimidate

"The sight of it running over 6,200 miles in a single day and night has captivated many people."

Cody then looks at the Arcanine and shakes her a bit,making her wake up.

Arcanine becomes startled when she sees Cody and she tries to get up.

Cody:No,No. Calm down,I'm not gonna hurt you.

She seems to do just that as she calms down and lays on her stomach.

Cody:Good. I found you injured at the Lake yesterday,I'm assuming you were fighting a Pokemon and got hurt,huh?

Arcanine nods and looks down as if in shame.

The autistic boy hugs the dog.

Cody:It's okay,you fought hard,so be proud of that. I had to do that when I was a kid.

She puts her head on his neck in comfort.

Cody looks at her.

Cody:So since I caught you...do you wanna stay with me?

She thinks for a few seconds about being with a Trainer then looks at Cody with a smile as an answer.

Cody:Okay,thank you...I'll talk with Nurse Joy.

He goes to do that and within an hour Arcanine is released to Cody with a cast on her leg.

Cody decides to call her Shula.

And finally after getting new supplies,Pokemon and Items under his belt,Cody felt ready to head to Wyndon for the Champion Cup and the final part of his journey.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.3K 1.6K 32
Autism Spectrum Disorder :-Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a complex developmental condition that involves persistent challenges in social interact...
27 0 6
In the world we live in today, speaking seems to be the only way one knows how to communicate; as if it is the only way to communicate- or is it? The...
215 2 8
You were originally from Kalos, your family was always trying to find the perfect home.. even though you liked it best in kalos. Then at the age of 1...
15.4K 640 23
autism ˈɔːtɪz(ə)m/ noun a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by great difficulty in communicating and forming relationship...