๐“๐ก๐ž ๐„๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ก ๐‡๐จ๐ซ๐œ๏ฟฝ...

By oxAmoristxo

"You're absolutely infuriating." He breathed out, pressing her body against the bookshelf with his own. His d... More

Cast and Author's Note
Part One
0.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
Part Two
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49
50.
51.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
NOTE
67.
68.
69.
70.
71
72.
73.
74.

52.

5.2K 231 71
By oxAmoristxo

Chapter Fifty Two

February 15th, 1947

The clock had struck twelve by the time the pair trudged into Hogsmeade. The streets were desolate, apart from the areas that were faintly lit by the lanterns in the streets, the town was enveloped by shadows that leered down at Cerys and Tom. Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. Cerys huddles closer to Tom. Tonight, the town was oddly eerie, or maybe it was the idea that Grindelwald could be lurking around anywhere.

Cerys laughed nervously. "Funny how it's our first time in Hogsmade."

"What's worse is we're together." Tom muttered.

Cerys glared at him, pinching his side. "No one told you to come with me."

"Yeah, and if I hadn't, I'm sure Grindelwald would have let me off the hook." Tom said sarcastically. "Come on."

"Where are we even going?" Cerys questioned. "We have no money for a hotel."

"We'll get some from Gringotts." Tom said. "We've just to be careful not to be seen by anyone."

Cerys frowned, something in her gut telling her that this would be a bad idea. Remaining quiet, she followed Tom along the darkened streets of Hogsmeade. As Tom gazed straight ahead of him, Cerys' eyes darted back and forth between their surroundings. Saying she was paranoid was an understatement. Her skin prickled, the hair on the back of her neck stood up in high alert, anxiety crawling up her spine. Tom seemed to be clueless, and Cerys was wondering how or why he was so calm. What was he thinking? Did he have a plan? Had the master planner even planned for a major ambush that wasn't even planned for him? Cerys cracked a smile. Just proves that you can not plan for everything in life. With a deep sigh, Cerys picked up the pace. Soon, they would reach Gringotts... if Tom knew where he was going. Only then Cerys realized that it was his first time in Hogsmeade.

"Tom, do you even know where Gringotts is?"

Tom scoffed, as though offended that Cerys ever considered he didn't know where he was going. "What do you think?"

"I think you've never been to Hogsmeade before and it would be expected you don't know the entire map like the back of your hand." Cerys said in an 'obviously' tone. Tom simply rolled his eyes.

Fifteen, long and cold minutes later, Cerys was tapping her foot impatiently by a sign, a glare set on her face. Her arms were wrapped around her cold body, fingers digging into the fabric of her coat in efforts to warm the reddening skin. Tom scratched the back of his neck, his own cheeks tinted, and Cerys wasn't sure whether it was out of the cold or embarrassment. Either way, the witch was not pleased what so ever.

    "Surprise, surprise. The Tom Riddle doesn't know his way." Cerys said sarcastically. Tom returned the girl's harsh glare, jaw clenching in annoyance. "Looks like we'll have to sleep on the streets."

   Tom scrunched up his face in disgust. Him? On the streets? "On the streets?"

     Cerys gave Tom a tight, fake smile. "Yes, Tom. On the streets, because you can not stay in a hotel without money, and it's not like we can give them an object turned to coins. They check for that you know."

     "I'm sure there are better places to stay the night." Tom said, watching as Cerys turned on her heel and made her way to an alley nearby.

     "Other than the forbidden forest, I'm not too sure. But by all means, be my guest."

     With a huff, Tom followed behind Cerys, eying the stone ground she took a seat on uneasily before reluctantly sitting across from her. Light didn't reach this part of the village, darkness blanketing the area, the only source of light being from the street. Begrudgingly, Tom stared at Cerys who had her head leaned against the wall of a house with her eyes closed.

     "What are you glaring at me for? You're the one who couldn't find his way."

     "Have I ever told you how much I hate you?"

     "I'm sure you could write an essay on it, but you can do that later, right now, I'm exhausted." Cerys replied with little care.

     The pair remained silent after that, shifting in their place every now and then in hopes to find a comfortable position. At one point, Cerys had her legs propped up against the wall, her head resting on the floor. How she managed to attain such a position, Tom had no idea, but he knew that neither of them would not be sleeping that night. Grumbling under his breath about how cold and uncomfortable the floor was, Tom repositioned his back against the wall. He caught Cerys staring up at him, though she soon averted her gaze when he saw her. Tom himself looked away, unsure of what to do. An awkward silence soon filled the air, and the pair's shifting and squirming only increased. To start conversation, Cerys spoke up.

     "Prewett helped me." Tom raised his eyes, eyebrows knitting together in confusion. "She said that she couldn't put another girl in trouble like that."

     Tom stared at her in disbelief. "To think Prewett would ever help you when just a few weeks ago she was ready to have your head."

     "That was your fault. You insinuated that I like you." Cerys said, shooting him a dirty look.

      A grin spread across his face, his pearly whites gleaming in the dark atmosphere. "Do you not?"

    "No!" Cerys exclaimed in exasperation.

     Amused, Tom start shaking his head. "No, no. I'm aware of how you feel about me."

     Cerys rolled her eyes. "You're so full of yourself that you're starting to imagine people like you." Cerys said. "You might want to get that checked."

     "Imagining? If I were imagining then you wouldn't have dragged me into this." Cerys scoffed. "Admit it Grahamm, you're glad I'm here with you, because you couldn't have lived without me."

    "I think that sleep deprivation is starting to get to you, Tom. Go to sleep." Cerys said, silently admitting that yes, a very tiny part of her was glad that she was with Tom.

  Morning light creeped up the alley way, informing the pair that it was now time to leave. Tom and Cerys had gotten just an hours worth of sleep, both at separate times, though it was enough to get them moving. The streets of Hogsmeade were finally hustling and bustling. Children squealed, wizards and witches bumped against one another as they tried to get to their destination. With a deep sigh, Tom stood up, waiting for Cerys to follow suit. No one noticed them as they emerged from the alley way, too busy in their own world's to care of another's.

"Tom, where are we going from here?" Cerys questioned.

"To Gringotts and then London."

Cerys raised an eyebrow. "London? What are we going to do in London?"

"You'll see." Before Cerys could do any more interrogating, Tom stopped an elderly woman. "Hello Miss. I was hoping you could tell us which way Gringotts is."

Without a question, the woman told them the way, and funnily enough, it was just two streets from where they were. Cerys pursed her lips, Tom looking mighty annoyed. They could've slept in nice warm beds if they had just kept going.

"Well, what's done is done." Cerys said, though she couldn't deny she was a tinge bit irritated herself. "Come on, let's get to Gringotts before we another run in with Grindelwald." Tom nodded and they set out for Gringotts. Surely enough they arrive in less than ten minutes. "You go get whatever you need, I'll stay out here."

Tom quirked an eyebrow. "Don't you have anything you can take? After all, you're the reason we're in this mess."

"I don't have a vault here." Cerys said.

"You didn't get any inheritance from your parents?" Now Tom was confused. Wouldn't she have come from America with her inheritance? Her aunt must have brought it with her.

Cerys' heart dropped. "I— I only got my necklace and a few other things. My father was removed from the family tree."

"Your mother didn't have anything?"

Cerys was growing annoyed. "We really don't have time for this, Tom. Grindelwald could be searching for us." She snapped. Tom gave her an odd look, backing off for the time being. He didn't expect her to be so... sensitive regarding her family inheritance. Tom brushed it off for the while, and giving one last glance to Cerys, he went inside.

Cerys let out a breath of relief, her tense shoulders relaxing. She needed to be more careful, she thought, pacing in front of the door. Only a few moments passed by before something caught her eye. With furrowed eyebrows, she neared a small shop with a newspaper stand outside. On the front page of the newspaper read,

"HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY ATTACKED BY GRINDELWALD."

Cerys took a hold of the flimsy paper, taking a closer look.

'Just hours ago, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was attacked but the dark wizard, Gellert Grindelwald. It is currently unknown as to how he got in, but two witnesses came forward after the attack, Zamoir Crudith and Prewett. According to the two, Grindelwald captured two sixth year students, Tom Riddle and Cerys Grahamm—."

Cerys stopped right there. Captured?

"There you are!" Cerys jumped, spinning around to face Tom.

"Salazar, you scared me." Cerys muttered, and then shoving the news paper in Tom's directions. "Look at this."

Frowning in confusion, Tom put the bag of coins in the pocket of his jacket and grabbed the paper. "What in Slytherin?" He muttered, flipping the page over and continuing to read the story.

"He told them we were captured."

"They don't want the ministry conducting a separate search for us." Tom finally said, glancing up at the witch. "With this, the ministry will only be after Grindelwald. They won't try to find us."

Cerys pinched the bridge of her nose. "This is a mess."

"You don't say." Tom retorted sarcastically. "Either way, we can't stay here long. Grindelwald is looking for us."

     Meanwhile, Hogwarts school stood frighteningly noiseless. It was as though someone had pressed the mute bottom on the entire castle. Even the birds outside the castle feared to flap a wing and disturb the thick silence. The students sat in the Great Hall, exchanging confused glances, but not a word left their mouths. It seemed they also noticed the shift in the air. The professors stood by their designated seats with somber looks. Dippet looked the most worried, speaking in a hushed tone, turning from one professor to another. Never had anyone seen Armando Dippet as anxious as they did now. That wasn't the only strange sight this morning. Various aurors from the Ministry of Magic stood at the very back of the room with stern faces and threatening wands between their folded hands.

A few moments later, Dippet cleared his throat. His lips parted, yet nothing came out. He cleared his throat once more, stepping a bit closer to the students. "Last night, someone broke into Hogwarts. By Gellert Grindelwald." Dippet paused, allowing the students to process exactly what he had said. The blood drained from their faces, breath's caught in their throat as they looked to one another in pure shock. "The Ministry has been conducting a search since three in the morning, after twos students informed us of having witnessed a kidnapping of two students."

In the sea of students, two groups in particular stiffened as they realized who the two students were. Fabula's hand covered her mouth in realization, wide and terrified eyes staring at and equally horrified Alphard. Cerys had been taken, they realized. She hadn't joined them for the announcement, nor was she in her dorm that morning. That was evidence enough. On the other side of the Slytherin table were the Knights of Walpurgis, absolutely incredulous. How in Slytherin's name had Riddle gotten himself kidnapped? And by Grindelwald? And with Cerys??

"The two students who were unfortunately captured by Grindelwald..." Dippet himself seemed shaken up, words trembling in his mouth. "Are Cerys Grahamm and Tom Riddle."Again, no one emitted a sound. They were much too distressed and disturbed to even react. "After some investigating, the Ministry had declared that someone in the castle was an accomplice to Grindelwald."

    Simultaneous gasps echoed across the room, the very first sound made by the students. It didn't take a moment longer for the whispering to stir. They glanced frequently at the professors, and it seemed the aurors had purposefully allowed them to, in order to gauge who the possible accomplice could be. Shame and embarrassment flushed across the faces of the faculty as students put the blame on one of them. While the other tables quietly murmured to one another, the Slytherin table was highly vocal on who they thought was responsible, though Albus Dumbledore was one of the very few who kept a straight face.

    "Accomplice." Fabula mumbled, her eyes shifting up to the front of the room. She doubted anyone from them took part in her friend's kidnapping. Some of them were bad teachers, she could admit, but that was not equivalent to a bad person. And if anything, would Grindelwald really be as bold as to associate with a faculty member? The blonde rubbed her face, her mind a frenzy of conflict and distress.

    "Who— who do you think it could've been?" Alphard asked. He, too, looked just as worried, his flesh still as pale as the moon.

     "I don't think it's one of them." Fabula said, shaking her head as she wrung her sweaty hands upon the table. "Grindelwald would know the Ministry would look to them first. It would only increase his chances of getting caught."

   "What're you saying? One of the students did it?" Alphard whispered.

   Fabula gave one curt nod, just barely visible, her mind too occupied to give a proper answer. "He'd buy himself time so he could escape." She said, eyes darting side to side as she thought. "We have to find them. The Ministry will be too busy with the faculty to even pay attention to the students, and even when they do turn to the students, God knows when and if they find them."

   "How in Salazar's name are we supposed to do that? We have no leads."

    "Yes we do." Fabula muttered. "The witnesses. We need to find out who they are."

    Before anything else could be said, Dippet hushed the crowd. "As I was saying... the Ministry believes someone in the castle was an accomplice, and in order to investigate, all communication outside of the castle shall be monitored. Newspapers shall be temporarily banned, letters shall be checked, and owls shall be put under a tracking spell." No one spoke a word in protest. Clearly, they had no say in it, and restrictions could have been much worse.

"Who would tell us who the witness is?" Alphard questioned quietly. "Do you think the faculty know?"

"Maybe Slughorn knows. He'd tell me." Fabula whispered back.

"You think?" Fabula nodded in return. "We can talk to him after potions."

"Tom, I think that's enough." Cerys sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. Looking up, she briefly caught the gaze of a young shop keeper, who stood awkwardly with the pair twiddling her fingers. "Sorry." Cerys said with a weak and embarrassed smile. Who knew Tom Riddle would shop so thoroughly for clothes. Of course, God forbid he wear something not up to his 'style'.

Tom and Cerys had earlier agreed he should change out of his uniform and wear something much less obvious. Although the jacket covered enough, it was only a matter of time that someone noticed, or they needed to change. They had arrived at the small shop they currently stood in, a nice Cerys had grabbed a cashmere sweater , a blouse and two pairs of pants that reached two inches above her ankles— a fashion trend that was just beginning and the shop keeper begged her to match with her clothes. Tom, on the other hand, who currently seemed like a fashion critic, stared at the clothes, practically scrutinizing them as if they were not worthy of his high and mightiness.

Cerys gave the girl a nervous laugh, quietly excusing herself before taking a few steps forward to Tom. "Pick a pair of clothes and get it over with. We're on the run, not vacation." She hissed in his ear like a mother scolding a child. Taking a step back, Cerys forced out a laugh. "Oh, come on. You'd look good in anything."

She internally cringed as Tom gave her an odd look, before understanding the memo and smirking wildly. "Are you sure, love?"

A tight smile formed on Cerys' lips. "I've never been more sure in my life." She said, her voice strained.

Tom grinned like the Cheshire Cat when he heard the shopkeeper coo quietly in her place, something along the lines of 'how cute'. Cerys suppressed a grimace, her eyes desperately seeking help. After five long minutes, Tom grabbed a pair of clothes like Cerys had said, allowing her to take a breath of relief. "Thank you." The two said once they paid for their clothes and left.

"Who knew you shopped like a girl." Cerys grumbled under her breath.

"Who knew you admired me so much."

"Shut up."

"You aren't denying it."

Aaaaand scene. Well, I finally finally updated after three long weeks. Thank you guys for being so patient with me. I know the schedule is a bit hectic these days, I just hope I can get everything over with, with school and return to properly reading and writing. My need to read had grown dangerous 😭

Anyways, how have these weeks gone for you guys? Anyone have any tea? I know we're having a cultural day in school, which I am not dreading as much as I am 'a touch of class day' because I have absolutely nothing fancy to wear. Lord help me 😭

S. Hamilton xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 1.7K 40
'She looked at him and her heart shattered. All the things she wanted them to be.' Two rivals, both destined to be the best. But together they make o...
141K 2.7K 29
WARNING: really superduper cringe ๐Ÿฆฆ โ†ฑ FIRST FANFIC, multiple povs หšโ‹’ ๐Ÿ‚ ! slowburn ! ๐Ÿช ๊’ฑยฐ female!reader who knew he would fall for his...
567K 6.7K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...
138K 4.1K 42
I knew the moment I first kissed him, that he would condemn me, that I would drag myself through broken glass for him. I just was not sure if he woul...