Pokemon Sword & Shield:The Au...

By Splufix

Autism by definition is:"a developmental disorder of variable severity that is characterized by difficulty in... More

A Story based on Pokemon Sword & Shield (This is gonna be cool)
The Start of Something Big
New Discoveries
Into the Big World
I'm Ready!
Through the Turrfields
Ocean Town Paradise
Early-Evening Waves
Into the Fire
Wild Area Adventures
Welcome to Hammerlocke
Snowtown Abound
Rocking Out in Spikemuth
Fighting the Dragon
The Semi-Finals
Saving Tiana
The Finals
Answering the Call
Cody Vs Leon
Old Life,New Problems
Heading to the Isle & The Master Dojo
Trialing Trek
Meeting the Armor
Into the Red Tower
Honey Hunt
Master Dojo Duel
Sweet Surprise
Zip-Zap Battle
A Trip to the Tundra
Mysterious Meeting
Strange Activity
A Sorrowful Scene & Bird Catching
Robo Rumble
Terror Strikes
Slow But Steady
Making A Move
Fire Fighting & Galactic Battles
Beat the Flare & Ideals Vs. Truth
Stopping the Rocket
Not Backing Down & The Galarian Star Tournament Pt.1
The Galarian Star Tournament Pt.2
An Adventure's End
The End
Cody's Horror-ween Special

Fairy Forest

157 4 0
By Splufix

Cody entered Glimwood Tangle but was met with nothing but darkness,which made it hard for him to see anything.

Cody:Man,I can't see a thing.

He then brought out Ferna to help him out and she transformed into her human form.

Ferna was now an adult woman with tan skin and brown eyes,she no longer had regular hair as it was replaced with fire like her base form.

She wore white leg warmers,a white bodysuit with a fire logo on the front and a golden headband that was similar to a traditional chinese headband over her forehead,along with golden bracelets on her wrists.

She is also still barefoot.

Cody:Ferna,can you be my guide?

She nods and holds Cody's hand as they walk through the forest's darkness.

Since Ferna would stick out like a sore thumb,they had avoided any trainers in their path and made it to Ballonlea with no problems.

The town was very small but was filled with Pokemon and colorful mushrooms that brightened up the place,giving it a magical feeling to it.

Cody:Wow,look at this place!

He returned his Infernape and went to the Gym and even found the Rest move as well.

Cody entered the Gym and was met with the sight of Marnie with her Morpeko.

Marnie:Ah,Cody.

Cody:Hi Marnie.

Marnie:You got four Gym badges,already? I should watch out for you.

Her Morpeko gave him a smile as it seemed to like him getting far in the Challenge.

Marnie:Even Morpeko is wary of you.

Marnie:Anyway,take my League Card. I think you should have it by now since I think you're cool.

She hands him a card of herself.

Cody looks at it and he starts to snicker.

Marnie:What,what is it?

Cody:I'm sorry,it's just you look so funny to me since you don't show much expression on your face.

He said as he showed her the picture of herself.

Marnie just playfully bonks his head.

Marnie:I can't help it,okay. But just know there aren't many Gym Challengers left so we're both gonna have to be working hard to reach the top.

Cody nods and Marnie leaves with Morpeko.

After getting a Love Ball from Ball Guy he goes to the locker room and changes his clothes for the Gym Mission.

While he was there,Cody took a moment to find some facts about Opal on his Rotom Phone since he knew she was going to ask him questions later on.

He also brought back Meltson and gave him some Exp.Candy and new moves.

Cody got inside and found he was in some sort of backstage area and found Opal talking with Dan.

His presence gets her attention and she walks over to the boy.

Opal:Ah,there you are,my dear Gym Challenger. Though you are really lacking in the color pink.

Cody:I wish they had these uniforms in different colors,too.

Cody:But can you tell me what this is about?

Opal:See,I'm looking for a successor to take on the role of Gym Leader here.So my

Gym Mission serves as an audition of sorts,too.

Cody:What's it like?

Opal:It's simple enough. All you need to do is battle my Trainers and answer the questions they ask along the way.

Opal explained to the autisitic boy.

Opal:But choose wisely,a wrong answer will lower your stats but answer correctly and you'll get a stat boost instead.

Cody seemed amazed by this.

Cody:How do you do that?

Opal:Just think of it as a little Fairy-Type Pokemon magic...to make things interesting.

Cody:I'm interested already,let's do this!

So Cody battles his heart out against three Trainers while answering the questions correctly.

After he was done he went to battle Opal next and saw she was already on the pitch so he approached.

Opal:I suppose it's a bit late to introduce myself,but...I'm Opal,the Gym Leader.I've gotten a good look at how you handled those quizzes.

Opal:The last part of the mission is me...Let me have a look at how you and your partner Pokemon behave.

They went to their corners and Opal released a Galarian Weezing.

Cody brought out Zolta to start off this match.

Cody:Let's do it,Zolta!

Zolta first used Screech to lower Weezing's defense as it was known as a bulky Pokemon.

It attacked with Sludge but it didn't do much.

Opal:Question...Do you know my nickname?

Cody nods his head.

Cody:It's the Wizard,right?

Opal:Correct!

Zolta was now faster than before as it was a speed boost she got as a reward.

Zolta then finished off Weezing with Poison Jab.

Opal then released a Pokemon with a mouth for hair called Mawile.

When she came out Zolta got a bit scared due to her ability,Intimidate.

For that reason,Cody switched her out with Petra.

Mawile increased her defense with Iron Defense.

Opal:Question...What's my favorite color?

Cody nearly shouted out the obvious but he remembered the facts about her and looked at the floor as well.

It was a mix of different light colors but the ones that stood out were Purple and Pink.

Cody:It's Purple!

Opal:Yes,a nice,deep purple...Truly grand,don't you think?

He nods in agreement while Petra gains a Defense boost.

Petra then attacked with a Mud Bomb and brought Mawile to near defeat but also lowered her accuracy.

Mawile then bit down on Petra with Crunch but it didn't do much with her type advantage and defense boost.

Petra then used Revenge to take down the Mawile.

Opal then sends out a Togekiss which Cody couldn't tell what it was.

Togekiss used Ancient Power and hurled a bunch of rocks at Petra but it didn't do anything.

Petra simply used Venoshock and barely brought down Togekiss in that one hit.

Togekiss used another Ancient Power but Petra dodged and smashed the rocks then finished it off with Venoshock again.

Cody:You're killing it,Petra!

She smiles at him gleefully then gets ready for her next and final opponent.

Opal looked like she was dozing off but woke back up.

Opal:My morning tea is finally kicking in,and not a moment too soon!

Her last Pokemon was a little cream puff called Alcremie.

Cody (Thoughts):This thing is adorable! I hope no one who owns one eats theirs.

Opal:Question! Alrighty then...How old am I?

Cody knew some people were sensitive about their age and he had that same feeling so he answered politely...

Cody:I think you look sixteen to me.

She took it well.

Opal:Why,thank you young man.

This gave Petra the boost she needed as her attack and Special attack was raised.

Opal:Are you prepared? I'm going to have some fun with this.

They both Dyna/Gigantamax their Pokemon and Opal makes her move.

Opal:You lack pink! Here,let us give you some.

Alcremie uses G-Max Finale and does Moderate damage on Petra and also causes the arena to gain a sweet smell.

Cody:I smell frosting.

He shook it off and told Petra to use Max Ooze and takes the giant cake down.

Cody nods in satisfaction for another win.

Petra then starts to glow and she evolves into Toxicroak.

Opal becomes shocked as she sends her umbrella flying but calms down in a second.

Opal:Your pink is still lacking,but you're an excellent Trainer with some excellent Pokemon.

They then meet at the center.

Opal:Well,good try...Not bad at all,but still not what I'm looking for.

Cody (Thoughts):It's about the pink thing,isn't it?

Opal:Don't worry yourself,Cody. It's just a matter of my preference. I'll find the next Gym Leader elsewhere.

She hands Cody a Fairy badge,even though he didn't make the cut,he was proud to get the badge regardless.

He also got the move Draining Kiss and a Fairy Gym uniform.

Cody exited the Gym but before he left he checked out Petra's info.

Toxicroak The Poison Mouth Pokemon  Gender:Female  Ability:Poison Touch

"It bounces toward opponents and gouges them with poisonous claws. No more than a scratch is needed to knock out its adversaries."

Cody:Now that's scary.

???:Hold on now.

The boy looks to see Opal.

Opal:I have some errands to run in Hammerlocke,Cody. So I was wondering if you wanted to make the journey with me.

Cody:Okay.

He then reaches out his hand.

Cody:Wanna hold my hand?

Opal:Of course,you're such a gentleman.

They arrived at Hammerlocke in fifteen minutes but Cody didn't have a rush to get his next badge.

Opal went to do those errands while Cody went exploring and even bought some souvenirs for his mom.

When he got to the stadium Cody saw Bede at the front gate so he walked up from behind.

Bede turned to him.

Bede:Come to gawk at me now that my Challenge band and Gym Challenger status is revoked?

Cody shakes his head.

Bede:Can you really afford to waste time like this?

Cody:...No...but I wanna use it to help you somehow.

Bede:I said before that I don't need your help,child. I won't give up because of a setback,I will become the Champion to help the chairman!

Cody:But he was very disappointed with you using his Copperajah earlier. How are you gonna do that?

Bede:I'll go and ask him to let me rejoin the Challenge!

Cody:Not to deflate your hopes...but there's a low chance he'll say 'yes' and besides there could be another opportunity for you to be something else.

Bede:And what,pray tell,do you mean by that?

Just then Opal walks behind them and sees Bede.

Opal:Hm? That boy...

She looks at Bede,studying him as he talks to Cody.

Opal:Now that's what I would call pink! So sincere and straightforward and yet so twisted and misguided...I like it! That's the kind of thing that gives people some depth!

Bede then turns to Opal and she seems very interested.

Opal:Time for my Gym Mission,child!

Bede:Huh? Wha-?!

Cody:What's going on?

She then runs up to him in a split second and begins inspecting the boy from head to toe.

Bede:M-Ms.Opal? What in the world has gotten into you?!

Opal:You were used by Oleana-am I right? You worked so hard for her only to be thrown away by her when she was done...

Cody perked up at this.

Cody (Thoughts):So that's what happened!

Opal:Come with me,child. I might be able to help you out. Of course,it all depends on how much hard work you're willing to put in,too.

Bede:Are you...Are you testing me? Very well,I accept! In fact I plan on making sure you see my full talents and tell me everything you know about the Wishing Stars!

They turned to Cody.

Opal:Farewell for now,Cody.You should head to Circhester.I take it you know how to get to Route 7.

He nods and waves the two off as they walk away.

Cody (Thoughts):I've got a good feeling about this. Hopefully,Opal can do something for him.

He then goes East of Hammerlocke and along the way he sees his sister figure again.

Sonia:Heya! Is The Badge collecting going well?

Cody nods and shows her his badges so far on his collector ring.

Cody:How's the research?

Sonia:It's fine but...the sword and shield...What kind of Pokemon were they? And where are they now?

Sonia:I still have so many questions,I was thinking about taking another look at the tapestries in-.

*Ka-Boom*

Cody quickly hugs Sonia and looks around as he was freaked out by that loud sound and wonders where it came from.

Cody:What was that?!

Sonia:Are you kidding me?!

She looks at Hammelocke Stadium as that was the main source of the noise.

Sonia:Hammerlocke Stadium shook...That's where Chairman Rose's power plant is isn't it?

Cody:Yes,it is...but what exactly are they doing down there? I almost thought we were having a natural disaster.

Sonia then pulled out her Rotom Phone.

Sonia:Huh? A Power Spot!?

Cody:There's one here?

Leon then ran up to them.

Leon:Cody,Sonia! You felt that shaking,right?

They nod.

Leon:Seems Chairman Rose is testing something again.

Cody:Well,whatever it is he needs to be more careful.

Sonia:Yeah,Pokemon could start Dynamaxing in the middle of Hammerlocke!

Leon:Okay,I'll let the chairman know.

Sonia:Well,I'm going with you so you don't get lost.

Cody:And me?

The two turn to their charge.

Sonia:Just leave this to us adults. Head to Circhester and get that badge!

He nods even though he feels scared about this whole thing.

Sonia and Leon run towards the Gym leaving Cody a bit nervous.

???:Oh,Cody!

He looks to see Hop and Kaza at the train station.

He walks up to them.

Cody:What's going on?

Kaza:U-uh...Hop's been feeling a bit lost from what he told me.

Hop then picks up the sentence.

Hop:And that's in every sense of the word,First that forest,Then that mad quiz.

Hop:But it looks like I finally got caught up with you.

Kaza:Hop...why don't you head to Circhester while I have a battle with Cody.

Hop:It has been a while,okay,see you guys there!

He then ran down to Route 7 while Kaza and Cody went to the bridge for a battle.

Kaza:I've got some more Pokemon for my team so I'm hoping that I can win this time.

Cody:Let's do it,Kaza!

Kaza begins by sending out her new Vileplume.

Cody sends out Ferna for this fight.

Kaza:Vileplume use,Stun Spore!

Vileplume fires some yellow spores from its flower which paralyzes Ferna.

Cody was surprised by this,she must have taught it to deal with fast opponents.

Cody:Ferna,use Flame Wheel!

She spun around and took out Vileplume.

Kaza then brought out Skuntank and Cody brung out Petra.

Petra used Mud Bomb on Skuntank but didn't take it out fully but managed to lower its accuracy.

Kaza:Skuntank,try to use a Flamethrower!

Skuntank fired some hot fire toward Petra but she managed to hop out of the way then struck with Revenge taking down the skunk.

Kaza returned her Pokemon and brought a Whimsicott which looked like a big puff ball of cuteness.

Cody brought out his Toxtricity,Zolta.

Kaza set up with Tailwind first while Zolta easily took it down to low health with Poison Jab.

Kaza then heals it back to full health with a Hyper Potion while Cody uses Charge.

Whimsicott then attacks,with Psychic,hurting Zolta a bit.

Zolta then hits the cotton ball with Screech for its next attack.

Whimsicott then attacks with another Psychic move but Zolta manages to get out of its line of sight.

It takes it down with a Poison Jab.

Kaza brings out a new Pokemon that looks like a mysterious creature called Shiftry.

Shiftry attacks using Aerial Ace but it doesn't bother Zolta and she hits back with Poison Jab bringing it down.

Kaza:This next one's a big surprise from me to you!

She sends out a Pokemon that looks like a small dragon in an apple shell called Flapple.

Cody switches Zolta out for Ima.

Kaza:Flapple,Iron Defense!

The mini dragon creates metal skin around itself greatly boosting it's physical defense.

Cody had a trick up his sleeve though.

Cody:Ima,put them on ice!

She makes her signature finger gun and shoots out a frosty,Ice Beam on the Pokemon bringin it down.

Kaza returned her Pokemon and looked amazed behind her hair.

Kaza:W-wow,I guess you are tactical minded against me.

Cody walks up to her.

Cody:Another cool battle,Kaza.

Kaza blushes.

Kaza:T-thanks,Cody. I thought about changing it up a bit to surprise someone.

Cody:Well,even though I beat you,you surprised me with that Stun Spore you used against me! You know your stuff in battling.

Kaza:Thank you....And another surprise for you is that I live in the next town we're headed to.

Cody looked wide-eyed at her.

Kaza:Yeah,I know,right? A-anyway meet me there,I need to tell you something and I also want you to meet someone.

She then gives him a bow and runs off down the path.

Cody fights some Pokemon on the route with Zego to help him evolve.

Scrafty The Hoodlum Pokemon Gender:Male Ability:Moxie

"While mostly known for having the temperament of an aggressive ruffian, this Pokémon takes very good care of its family, friends, and territory."

Cody looks at the new Zego.

Cody:Good on you,pal.

He smiles and nods but then looks to see a Liepard try to sneak up on them and gets aggressive.

He easily defeats it with Brick Break causing it to run off as Zego breathes hard in aggression.

Cody:Okay,calm down dude,it's gone.

He calms himself then begins to walk with Cody down Route 7 into Route 8.

Route 8 was basically a rocky ruin maze filled with Trainers and Items.

It also mainly consisted of Fighting,Steel,Rock and Ground Type Pokemon.

He climbed around the ruins with ease but at one point he had to stop because he saw something peculiar.

In a deep pit a group of Pokemon in a line were marching through in perfect sync.

Cody:What could that be?

Cody said as he entered the pit and began to look for the thing he saw.

After looking at a hole he saw that a blur run past him,surprising him.

The boy looked at the hole then heard footsteps behind him as he got up.

Cody*Spongebob Voice*:It feels like....

He turns around in a split second.

Cody*Spongebob Voice*:...Someone wants to sell me something!

He looks around but doesn't see anything around him but he then looks down to see,he's surrounded by small yellow and red colored Pokemon.

He scans them in curiosity.

Falinks The Formation Pokemon  Ability:Battle Armor

"The six of them work together as one Pokémon. Teamwork is also their battle strategy, and they constantly change their formation as they fight."

Cody:That's interesting.

The Falinks look at him with an angry look.

Cody jumps back from them and they get in formation to defend their living space.

Cody brings out Talis and Falinks uses First Impression.

Talis tanks it and uses Iron Defense.

Falinks then goes into a Triangle form and powers up with No Retreat.

Talis uses another Iron Defense and then follows it up with Shadow Ball.

Falinks then uses Throat Chop on Talis but he takes it and punches them with Shadow Punch.

Seeing his moment Cody uses an Ultra Ball he bought and throws it at Falinks,catching them in a single shake.

Cody names them Cassius and Cody and Talis continue through Route 8.

But behind some rocks a Salesman and Saleswoman were hiding from Cody as they were trying to sell him some Pokemon care products.

Salesman:I told you he was onto us.

He said to his partner.

Cody made it to the second part of the Route which was a lot colder than the first half so he put his jacket on and he saw it was a straight shot to Circhester so he ran on ahead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 7.1K 101
Yes, I finally did it! A Pokemon fanfic of Ash getting serious after the Battle Frontier Arc and training before going to Sinnoh. There will be the...
38K 1.6K 32
Autism Spectrum Disorder :-Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a complex developmental condition that involves persistent challenges in social interact...
My Novella By Alex Chu

General Fiction

35 0 1
A boy with high-functioning autism that has to attend a public school and wants to make a friend.
2.7K 37 33
This is a fan fiction of a Pokémon trainer going through the Galar gym challenge. He will make new friends and travel with an old friend from his pa...