Pokemon Sword & Shield:The Au...

By Splufix

Autism by definition is:"a developmental disorder of variable severity that is characterized by difficulty in... More

A Story based on Pokemon Sword & Shield (This is gonna be cool)
The Start of Something Big
New Discoveries
Into the Big World
I'm Ready!
Through the Turrfields
Ocean Town Paradise
Early-Evening Waves
Into the Fire
Wild Area Adventures
Fairy Forest
Snowtown Abound
Rocking Out in Spikemuth
Fighting the Dragon
The Semi-Finals
Saving Tiana
The Finals
Answering the Call
Cody Vs Leon
Old Life,New Problems
Heading to the Isle & The Master Dojo
Trialing Trek
Meeting the Armor
Into the Red Tower
Honey Hunt
Master Dojo Duel
Sweet Surprise
Zip-Zap Battle
A Trip to the Tundra
Mysterious Meeting
Strange Activity
A Sorrowful Scene & Bird Catching
Robo Rumble
Terror Strikes
Slow But Steady
Making A Move
Fire Fighting & Galactic Battles
Beat the Flare & Ideals Vs. Truth
Stopping the Rocket
Not Backing Down & The Galarian Star Tournament Pt.1
The Galarian Star Tournament Pt.2
An Adventure's End
The End
Cody's Horror-ween Special

Welcome to Hammerlocke

164 4 0
By Splufix

Cody walks into the city and sees that it looks similar to a place called Camelot from a story he read as a kid as it was big and looked like a castle from the medieval era.

He thought it was a perfect representation of Galar's past.

The special needs boy looked forward and saw Bede,Oleana and the Chairman,who was in his disguise again.

He listened in on some of the conversation they were having.

Bede:If I gather enough Wishing Stars,that'll help solve the problem that's been bothering you,right,Mr.Chairman.

Cody wondered what he meant by that problem.

Cody:What problem is he talking about?

Cody listened in some more.

Rose:Oh,it's not just about me. It's for the future of the whole Galar region.

Rose:We'll need more than Wishing Stars. We need a powerful Pokemon Trainer,too-someone like the Champion.

Bede:Sir,with all due respect,I was able to show Hop,one of the trainers endorsed by the Champion,just how outclassed he is.

Cody got a bit worried about his friend by that statement it sounds like Hop had a battle with him and lost. He'll have to check on him.

Bede:I'm sure,I'll be able to beat the Champion. No! I will defeat the Champion!

Rose:That's the spirit! It takes healthy competition to really keep the Gym Challenge energized.

Oleana:Challenger Bede,there is something I wish to discuss with you.Do you have a moment?

The two then walk inside of Hammerlocke Gym.

Cody walks up.

Cody:Hello,Mr.Rose.

Rose:Ah,hello again,Cody.I see you were listening to our conversation.

Cody:I hope I didn't intrude.

Rose waves it off.

Rose:No.I hope you were though because I think you should know about the Wishing Stars.

Cody crosses his arms.

Cody:Like what?

Rose:Well,there's more to them than making Pokemon Dynamax,they hold far more energy which means they can be used in different ways such as energy.

Rose:Come with me,I'll give you a run down of it inside.

He does so and is told that the energy from Galar particles are brought inside of the crown on top of Hammerlocke Stadium then put into generators underneath the city and is finally distributed to the whole region.

After that little lesson Cody heads east and runs into Leon.

Leon:Hey Codes! It looks like you're collecting Gym Badges very quickly.

Cody nods and gives him a thumbs up.

Leon then looks concerned.

Leon:But Hop...Did something happen to him? He was acting oddly when I ran into him.

Leon:He took one look at me and immediately was like,"I'm so sorry,Lee!"

Cody guessed that's what Bede meant from that conversation from earlier.

Leon:This might be the first time I've heard him apologize for anything,and I've no idea what it was for!

Leon:Maybe he's feeling down because he's had some hard losses in a battle?

Cody crossed his arms and nodded.

Cody:Well,from the looks of it he lost to a guy named Bede and I've faced him before as well.

Leon:Well,in a situation like that,the only way to go is up. I think he'll become a surprisingly great trainer yet!

Leon then looks at his Phone.

Leon:Blast,look at the time! I got that meeting with the Chairman.

Cody:Yeah,that Oleana there will probably give you an earful about it.

Cody:In case you need help finding him he's inside the Gym.

Leon nods.

Leon:Thanks.Now why don't you go and see Raihan since you're here. I think he would like to meet you.

He then runs off the wrong way.

Cody:Leon,wrong way!

He then runs in Cody's direction while thanking him as he runs by and the boy walks off to the Vault of Hammerlocke.

Cody arrived at the Vault seeing the Dragon Gym Leader,Raihan,standing in front of the doors.

Raihan was a tall brown skinned man with teal eyes and wore the Dragon-Type uniform that was covered by a hoodie that resembled a dragon and had a head covering that was orange.His shorts had the number '241' on it.

Raihan turned to the boy.

Raihan:Oh! If it isn't one of Leon's endorsed trainers,Cody,right? The one with autism?

Cody:Yep!

Raihan gives him a friendly smile.

Raihan:Well,if Leon chose you for an endorsement then he must've seen lots of potential in you.

Raihan:To be honest,I'm glad he did. Not everyday someone like you comes along to do something like this.Thought this year's Challenge would get boring. But you're gonna need the other badges if you're gonna face me.

Cody:I know but for now,I wanna see what's in the vault.

Raihan:Ah,so you wanna see our treasures? Studying history is a good way to better understand Pokemon.

Raihan:I like your spirit,why don't you come inside.

They both entered the vault which was filled with historic relics.

Raihan:And here's a little something from me. 

He hands Cody his league card.

"Raihan is commonly regarded as the most skilled Gym Leader in the Galar region. He has striven for victory in every environment, and as a result, he has adopted a battle style where he utilizes weather effects to their fullest."

It would seem Cody would have to find a countermeasure for his inevitable battle with him but would worry about that later.

Raihan:All you have to do is head up those stairs.

He says while pointing to stairs ahead.

Cody walks up to the vault and sees Sonia looking at four different tapestries on the wall.

Sonia turns to him.

Sonia:Oh,you're here,Cody.

Cody:Hey Sonia.

He then looks at the tapestries.

Cody:What's this you're looking at?

Sonia:I was just looking at these tapestries,pretty neat,huh?

Sonia:Their treasures that can tell us of Galar's history.

Cody walks up and inspects them.

Cody:It looks like two young people experiencing the Darkest Day.

Sonia:It is and afterwards they were crowned as the rulers of Galar.

She turns to her little brother.

Sonia:So,what stood out the most to you?

Cody looked at her then looked at the tapestries again,his eyes were focused on the one with the black and red clouds and the one with the blue sword and red shield.

It reminded him of those dreams he had from before.

Cody:That sword and shield along with that storm,it's reminding me of some dreams I had about them.

Sonia looks at him in a questioning way.

Sonia:What dreams,Cody?

Cody explained to her the dreams he had from before from the giant monster to those ladies he saw in the forest he and Hop had encountered.

Sonia:Hm.A giant monster and those ladies from before,what connection do they have in those dreams,maybe the history of Galar?

Cody then notices something.

Cody:Hold on a second! Back at the Inn the statue only had one hero but here the tapestries show two.

Sonia notices this as well.

Sonia:Hey,you're right! These pictures show two heroes and not one,why is that?

Cody:It could be someone changing history but that leaves the question of "was there one hero or two?" and "what caused the Darkest Day to begin with?"

Sonia nods.

Sonia:I had the same idea,you got me coming up with some theories now.

Cody takes out his phone.

Cody:Also,you may wanna take a look at this.

Sonia looks at his phone seeing the text he saw while inside of that cave.

Sonia:Hm,I heard of Sir Daniel,he was a popular knight in folklore.

Cody:The message I saw in the cave must've implied he had the ability that I have or he knows a lot about it.

Sonia:That is possible.

Sonia:Anyway,I think it's time for you to go while I look at the tapetrises some more.

Cody nods and hugs her then heads off.

While going down the stairs he says...

Cody:We're close,I just know it.But what does all this mean?

Cody meets back with Raihan,who tells him to go to Stow-on-Side for the next Gym.

The autistic boy heads down Route 6 and comes across Kaza in front of some Team Yell grunts.

Kaza:Why does this have to happen? Can I please get through?

They don't let her pass though.

Yell grunt:Sorry,but we can't. Our job is to help this Silicobra here get some sleep.

Cody looked to the right and saw the aforementioned Pokemon,which was a small brown snake.

He walks up to them and says...

Cody:Look,me and my friend are just trying to pass through so can we do that,please?

Kaza jumps in surprise.

Kaza:O-oh,Hi Cody!

Cody turns to her.

Cody:Hi,Kaza. Are you,okay? It's been a while since I've seen you.

She nods.

Kaza:I-I'm fine,I've just been training my Pokemon in the Wild Area since I was ahead of you guys at the time.

Cody:Alright,that's good. I was getting a bit worried.

She was looking a bit surprised by his genuine concern but was cut off by the grunts.

Yell grunt:Nope! We're not very fond of kids with Challenge bands!

Female grunt:And your two's stomping is going to cause the Silicobra to wake up!

Cody (Thoughts):Not if your yelling does that first.

Cody:Hey Kaza,let's take down these guys and get to Stow-on-Side.

Kaza nods.

Kaza:A-Alright.

Cody fought the male grunt as they released a Stunky while he brought out Ferna.

She was able to take it down with a single Flame Wheel,but this Stunky had the Aftermath ability so she got hurt a little.

The grunt sent out a Galarian Linoone next but was also defeated by a Brick Break.

Cody:That was quick and easy.

Yell grunt:Blimey,even your battles are too noisy...

The boy looks towards his friend and sees that she also handled her battle no problem.

Kaza:I-I'm doing pretty good.

Female grunt:Ugh! Why'd you have to be a bother!

Cody covers his ears.

Cody:Too loud.

Yell grunt:No point in sticking around,we'll bother some kids another day!

They then run off.

Cody shakes his head in disappointment.

Kaza:I'm glad that's over.

She turns to Cody.

Kaza:Thanks for helping me,I'm glad to have you by me.

Cody smiles.

Cody:Aw,thanks,I feel the same way.

Kaza:S-so,what have you been doing?

Cody:Just solving mysteries and catching new Pokemon,you?

Kaza gives a nervous smile.

Kaza:The same for that last part,I'm surprised that I've made it this far.

Cody:Well,I'm happy that you have it wouldn't be the same without my new friend with me.

At that word she flinched again just like before in the Fire Gym.

Cody:Uh...are you okay,Kaza?

Kaza looks at him.

Kaza:Yeah. Just more bad memories.

Cody gets worried.

Cody:Do you wanna tell me about it? I'm getting a bit worried about this "bad memory" stuff.

She nods.

Kaza:Yes,I want to but...I don't know if I'm ready.

He walks up to the Green and Purple girl and puts a hand on her shoulder.

Cody:Well,when you are,just give me a call,okay?

He says as he hands her his Rotom-Phone.

Kaza nods and they exchange numbers.

Kaza:Okay,I will. I'll see you at Stow-on-Side.

Cody nods and waves to her as she walks off.

He then sees the Silicobra wake up and look at him then it slithers off down the Route.

Cody (Thoughts):Congrats Team Yell. What you did for that Silicobra was pointless.

The boy was about to walk away when he heard a voice behind him.

???:You're one of the Gym Challengers endorsed by Leon,aren't you?

Cody jumps and turns back in shock to who was talking to him.

The person was an elderly lady with pale skin,gray hair and turquoise eyes.She wore light blue hat,had purple fur around her neck and wore a long Fairy-type Gym uniform over her body.

She also had three bracelets and an umbrella on her wrists.

Cody:Oh,hi. Who are you?

Pink Lady:My name's Opal. And you must be that special boy from the ceremony,yes?

Cody:That's me,it's nice to meet you.

She shakes his hand.

Opal:You as well. If you want to know more about me,have my league card.

She hands him a card of herself.

"Opal is the oldest Gym Leader in the Galar region. She took over for her mother 70 years ago and has kept the position since. However, she feels that her own values have reached their limits, and thus she is currently looking for a worthy successor. She claims that she gives deliberately tricky quizzes because people reveal their true colors when in a pinch, but many speculate that in reality, she does it out of pure spite."

Opal:I'll keep an eye on you,Cody. I want to see what you can do when you go all out.

Cody salutes giving the Fairy Gym Leader a chuckle before she walks down the Route.

Cody makes his way to town by climbing some ladders and fighting trainers,he eventually made it to Stow-on-Side which was a desert town and was home to an ancient mural.

The boy took a look around town and found some items he could use later.

On his way to the Gym he encountered Hop looking like something bad had happened to him.

Cody (Thoughts):It must be what Leon told me earlier.Better check on him.

He walks up to him and gets his friends' attention.

Hop:Oh hey Cody.

Cody:Hey Hop,you okay?

Hop:*Sigh*...Not really.

Cody raised a brow and asked.

Cody:What happened? Leon told me something about you being upset,what is it?

Hop:Well,Bede had beaten me in a battle when you had left.I mean yeah I can take a loss,that's what being a trainer is about...but he said that I was dragging Leon's name in the mud.

Hop looks down.

Hop:I just can't get it out of myself...If I'm weak then people are gonna see Lee as weak too and that's something I don't want!

He calms himself down then speaks again.

Hop:I...just think I should try something different.

Cody processes what he said with slight irritation and remorse,Bede didn't need to talk down to his friend like that but he did so anyway someone would have to do something about him.

But the autistic boy would focus on his friend first.

Cody:Do you have something in mind,Hop?

Hop looks at him and nods.

Hop:Yeah,I do. But I need to see if it will work.

Cody:Um...to me this might sound bad but...I can help you.

Hop jumps up and gets a bit of his energy back.

Hop:And this is why you're the best,Cody,I bet a little battle will help me get my head straight!

The two pull out Pokeball and get ready.

Hop first sends out a Pokemon that looks like a blue bird called Cramorant and Cody sends out Zolta.

Hop:All I'm after is victory,and I'm counting on you to help me grab it!

The Cramorant goes first with Dive which gives Cody the time to use Charge for Zolta's electric move.

The attack connected with her but didn't do much and Cramorant came back with an Arrokuda in its mouth.

Cody:Where'd that come from?

But he pushed that aside and told Zolta to use ThunderShock which was able to knock it out.

Before Cramorant fainted it shot out the Arrokuda at high speeds,doing moderate damage and lowering Zolta's defense.

Hop then sent out Silicobra causing Cody to pull his Toxtricity back and replace her with Ima.

Cody's water lizard attacked with her new move,Snipe Shot and took out the Ground-Type.

Hop then brought out his Raboot but took it out once again with Snipe Shot.

Hop:I don't know what I can do to try to win now...but all I can do is try! There's nothing else for it!

He then brought out a Toxel which surprised Cody but had swiftly taken it out with a U-turn.

Cody cringes that he even won that so easily.

Cody:Sorry,Hop.

Hop:No,it's fine,my strategy goes to pot when I have all these bad thoughts in my head.

Hop:I tried switching out my team members in and out to max out their potential...but we just couldn't get it together...maybe that's why I'm still so weak.

Cody looks worried about him saying that.

Cody (Thoughts):But Hop you're not weak at all! You gotta have some confidence in yourself.

Hop:But Lee is the greatest trainer! And I don't want people to be laughing at him all because his little brother is rubbish!

Hop:I'm off mate! Off to find Pokemon that I can really draw the strength out of!

He then ran off leaving Cody standing there thinking about him.

Cody (Thoughts):You have your own strength. You just gotta see it.

???:That child.

Cody looks left to see it was Opal again,somehow appearing out of nowhere.

Opal:Gym Challengers should battle for the sake of their own Pokemon. Why worry about saving the Champion's name? We all know he's unbeatable.

Cody nods in agreement and she turns to him.

Opal:Anyway,here's something for letting me watch your battle.

She then hands him two league cards for the Gym Leaders.

Bea: "Given special attention from her parents, Bea trained hard with her partner Pokémon since a very young age. This has honed her judgment skills, and she is able to remain calm and collected even when facing dire situations in battle. This leads many to think she lacks emotion, but the truth seems to be that she doesn't want to show weakness. She is sometimes known to show her true feelings to her partner Pokémon during battles. She is secretly a huge fan of various sweets, and this has recently been found out by her fans. The additional attention has made enjoying sweets a little difficult."

Allister: "He is a young, mysterious Trainer who has taken on the mantle of Gym Leader at a very young age. He has never been known to remove his mask in public. In fact, he has at least one hundred masks of the same design, just to keep spares handy should his mask fall off for some reason. He claims to have developed the ability to see deceased Ghost-type Pokémon after an accident he had when he was four years old, but the truth is still a mystery."

Cody smiles at her.

Opal:Now,on you go,Cody. You're headed to the Stow-on-Side Gym next,no?

Cody nods.

Opal:Well,just remember,The Gym Challenge is about having fun.

She then walks towards the forest,next to the Gym while Cody goes inside to do his Gym Mission.

The mission for Stow-on-Side was to get to the goal in what was essentially a teacup ride along with fighting trainers but Cody found it pretty entertaining.

Cody:Whoa! Whee! Yahoo!

He shouted as he slid down the slopes to reach the bottom.

After defeating one more trainer,Cody reaches the stadium and gets ready for his battle.

As he walked to the court he saw two people coming towards the center as well.

They were the Gym Leaders of Stow-on-Side,Bea and Allister,they usually took turns when battling opponents who sought to fight them.

The first was a girl with tan skin,gray eyes and gray hair in a bob cut style.She wore a gym uniform that was styled after a karate gi that was black,gray,white and orange which covered a black bodysuit along with having some white knee pads.

Her number was '193' on her shorts.

The second one was a young boy that had pale skin,black hair but his most prominent feature was a mask that had three holes that acted as a face.He wore black and purple shorts along with a long-sleeved shirt of the same color and had white shoes.

His number was '291' which was also on his shorts.

He met them in the center.

Bea:Welcome,Gym Challenger. I'm,Bea

Then Allister spoke.

Allister:...'M Allister.

Bea:Do you have an unshakable spirit that won't be moved,no matter how you are attacked?

Cody:Yep.

Bea:I think I'll test that out,shall I?

Allister:H-here...we go...

They went to their corners and got ready.

Bea got in a stance while Allister had his eyes glowing purple under his mask.

Bea went first and sent out Hitmontop.

Cody brings out Petra.

Bea's Hitmontop goes for a Revenge as it jumps toward Petra.

But she backflips for it and hits it back with Mud Shot lowering its accuracy.

Hitmontop then uses Quick Attack and hits Petra but she gets up and shakes it off.

Hitmontop attacks her with a Revenge but misses and Petra takes it out with a Revenge of her own.

Bea brings back her Pokemon and passes to Allister.

He brings out a Pokemon that looks similar to Pikachu but is a ragdoll cover and is called Mimikyu.

Cody knew about Mimikyu's ability so went for a move that would take it out.

Allister:Mimikyu,use Shadow Sneak.

It went for it but was interrupted by Petra,who used Sucker Punch on the fake Pikachu which took out its Disguise.

Mimikyu then used Shadow Sneak to land a hit but was then poisoned by the Croagunk's ability.

Cody decided to take it out.

Cody:Petra,use Venoshock!

She puffed up her cheeks and spit out large amounts of poison which hit Mimikyu and did massive damage,taking it down.

Announcer:If that wasn't an effective tactical move,I don't know what is.

Allister switched with Bea and she brought out her next Pokemon,Pangoro.

Cody switched out Petra for Ferna.

Cody:Ferna,Will-O-Wisp!

She fires off the wisps at Pangoro and burns it.

But it sets up by using Work Up for an Attack boost.

Bea:Pangoro,Night Slash!

The giant panda runs at Ferna with its claws glowing black.

Ferna reacts to this by hopping onto its arms and avoiding the attack then punches Pangoro in the face with a Mach Punch.

Pangoro is hurt by his burn but shakes it off and uses a Circle Throw on Ferna forcing her to back out.

Cody brings out Zolta and tells her to use Charge.

Pangoro uses Night Slash on Zolta but she took heed of Cody back in the Wild Area and jumped back.

Pangoro chased her for a bit then managed to grab her but she attacked with her new move,Thunderbolt and it was strong enough to bring the Panda down.

Bea switched and Allister brought out his next Pokemon,Cursola.

Cody brings out Ferna again and she uses Flame Wheel which takes it out in one hit.

Allister brings out another Pokemon called Yamask but it was a Galarian version with purple eyes and a stone slab on its tail.

Cody simply brought out Ima and took it out with a Snipe Shot.

Bea then switches in ready to avenge Allister's defeat.

Bea:Don't worry,Allister.I'll finish this!

Bea:It's time to dig in our heels! I'm not giving up,so neither should you!

She then brings out her Ace,Machamp.

Cody brought Zolta out for a plan.

Bea:Argh! Fine then,let's just destroy everything! Your skill is worthy of respect-and Gigantamaxing!

She then Gigantamax's her Machamp who looks like a powerhouse,more than it already was.

Cody:Let's take down this behemoth! Zolta,use Screech!

He covers his ears as his Toxtricity makes an ear piercing sound and lowers Machamp's defense badly.

The Superpower Pokemon uses a Max Strike to hit Zolta hard.

Cody pulls her back and brings Ferna out and Dynamax's her.

Bea:Let's see you take this,Max Darkness!

Machamp hits Cody's Monferno with Max Darkness but she takes it and attacks back with Max Knuckle.

Machamp then uses a G-Max Chi-Strike to attack Ferna.

Cody:Ferna,Max Guard!

She raises a shield up and blocks the big blow with little struggle.

Machamp then turns back to normal and Cody finishes the fight with a Max Knuckle.

Cody and Ferna high five each other again but afterwards Ferna glows and begins to evolve.

When it's over,Ferna is now in her final form,Infernape.

Cody was ecstatic so he hugged Ferna which she returned then ruffled his hair.

Cody:Nice job,on evolving Ferna.

Ferna smiles and gives him a thumbs up.

Bea:I felt the fighting spirit of your Pokemon as you led them in battle.

Allister:I nearly lost my mask from the shock...That was...wow. I can see your skill for what it is.

They approach each other.

Bea:I speak for the both of us when I say,thank you for the battle.

Cody:You're welcome,just me trying my hardest.

Bea:You truly made my heart dance.

Allister:Um..you were really..strong.

Bea then gives him a smile that looks like a baby's with her lit up gray eyes.

Cody (Thoughts):Man,these two are adorable together.

Bea:You have earned your Fighting badge,Cody.

Allister:A-and you've earned your Ghost badge as well.

He gets the two badges and shakes the duo's hands.

Bea:I hope any trainer you meet will nourish your spirit.

Allister:G-good luck with..e-everything.

Cody returns to the lobby and gets Revenge,Hex and the fighting and ghost uniforms.

He then scanned Ferna for her new information.

Infernape The Flame Pokemon Gender:Female Ability:Iron Fist

"It tosses its enemies around with agility. It uses all its limbs to fight in its own unique style."

Cody:Now that's amazing right there.

They then head out of the gym and are greeted by Sonia and Cody's fans.

Cody's fans & Sonia:Hey Cody/Nice job/Outstanding!

Cody:Hey everybody!

Sunny:Another amazing win today,Cody.

Slate:You are killing it man!

Seasa:That was perfecto mi amigo.

Riptide:You're really bringing up the morale,mate!

Peria:I just keep getting amazed by your battles,Cody.

Cody just brushes it off.

Cody:Oh,it's nothing just giving my all for the people I love and it is nice to see you all get this far as well.

Cody's fans:Thanks Cody!

Sonia then speaks to him.

Sonia:Cody,I was wondering if you could come with me for a bit.

Cody:What for?

Sonia:There's a mural here in Stow-on-Side and I was hoping we could take a look at it.

Cody nods in agreement with that plan.

Cody:I bet we could find out about the Hero of Galar while we're there.

*BOOM*

The group becomes startled at the sound of a boom,which came from the mural.

Cody:That can't be good.

Scarlet:It must have come from the ruins.

Burgh:What was it though?

Sonia:I don't know.

Cody:Well,let's find out what it is then,follow me!

They follow the autistic boy up the stairs to reach the ruins.

When they get there,they see it was Bede with a giant elephant-like Pokemon called Copperajah.

They were currently trying to destroy the mural for some odd reason but it would definitely be bad news.

Bede:Destroy it! Destroy it all! We're going to find those Wishing Stars!

He shouted as he encouraged the elephant to keep going.

Bede:We've got to bring the chairman more Wishing Stars if we want to please him!

Bede:If you're truly the chairman's Pokemon,then you should feel grateful for this chance to help him find Wishing Stars!

Cody has thousands of questions in his head but decides to stop Bede from doing anymore damage.

Cody*Cranky Kong Voice:Hoooold everything!

Bede turns to him and brushes his hair in annoyance.

Bede:Oh my...You again.

Cody:Dude,what are you doing!?

Bede:Trying to find more Wishing Stars for the chairman,what are you trying to get into his good graces?

Before Cody could speak he got cut off by Bede.

Bede:Because you aren't going to be doing that.

Cody:Bede,my man,I know you're loyal to him but you're taking that loyalty way too far.

He gestures to the mural.

Cody:This isn't going to help him with finding Wishing Stars.

Bede gives Cody a smug look and starts to monolog.

Bede:That's enough from you,Cody.

Bede:You know,you're the first of any of these trainers in this challenge to actually cause me some trouble. I should commend you for your tenacity and skill.

Bede:However...commendable as you may be,I'm afraid your little win streak ends here.

Cody stood there and didn't move.

Cody:I'm sorry,Bede,but I can't let you do this.

Bede then brought out his Great Ball.

Bede:Fine,I won't allow you to get in my way.

He tossed it out and brought out his Duosion which had evolved from Solosis.

Cody decided to bring out Talis for this bout.

Bede:Duosion,Psybeam!

Duosion fired a beam at Talis but he was able to take it.

Talis then countered with a Shadow Ball and took it out.

Bede:Hmph,I've seen more than enough to judge your team's abilities.

Cody:You ain't seen nothing yet,pal!

Bede then brought out his new Hattrem while Cody released Petra.

She was able to take out Hattrem by using Venoshock which was powerful even without the Poison on Hattrem.

Bede then sent out his Gothorita while Cody sent out Klax.

Klax simply used False Surrender and took out the goth Pokemon.

Cody:Nice one,Klax!

Klax looked at Cody with a big grin.

Bede:I have to win this for the chairman! Do you really think I'd let you keep me from everything I want,you child!

Cody:Bede...you need something more than what you want!

Bede snarls a bit and brings out his Ponyta.

Ponyta used Fairy Wind but Klax slid under it and got close to the magic horse.

Klax took his shot and ended the fight with another False Surrender.

Klax made a victory cackle.

Bede:This has to be some kind of mistake. I demand a do-over.

Cody:No,I'm done fighting you,Bede.

Bede then turns his back.

Bede:How can this be? How could someone like you get in my way?

Bede:I was chosen by the chairman...I'm the one to defeat the Champion.

Bede:Someone to shoulder the burdens of Galar's future.

Cody heard a few of the words he said to himself. It was like he was trying to find purpose.

He went to talk to him but was stopped by a voice.

Oleana:Challenger Bede!

Cody:Uh oh.

He then stood back a few feet not wanting to get involved in this confrontation.

Oleana:I wondered what you were up to when you asked to borrow the Chairman's Copperajah...

This surprised the autistic boy as he didn't really think the Chairman would have his own Pokemon.

Oleana:I can't believe you would use his Pokemon to destroy a historical site!

Bede defended himself.

Bede:Who cares for some ancient ruin when the next thousand years are at stake?!

This made Cody confused and he thought...

Cody (Thoughts):Thousand years at stake? What's gonna happen?

Bede:How do you expect to support the chairman with that sort of thinking?

Chairman Rose looked disappointed.

Chairman Rose:Young Bede...It pains me to say this,but...I'm truly disappointed. It is true that I am the one that found you when you were all alone...

Chairman Rose:I saw talent in you.You reminded me of myself when I was young. That's why I sent you to a trainers' school,to give you a chance at success.

Chairman Rose:But your actions today show,you have no love for Galar and it shows me,you're not worthy of the Gym Challenge.

Cody looks shocked by this decision.

Chairman Rose:We will decide what to do with you later. For now you will return to Hammerlocke.

Bede is mortified by this.

Bede:Y-you must be joking...You're disqualifying me from the Gym Challenge? But you endorsed me!

Bede:There are many other options! Why are you choosing the worst possible one?!

Oleana:I will be taking those Wishing Stars that you have gathered,Challenger Bede.

Two League Members then took all of his Wishing Stars from his bag and was then escorted to Hammerlocke.

The Chairman then noticed Sonia and Cody.

Chairman Rose:Ah,Sonia! And Cody,too. Terrible shame,all this.An absolute disaster.

Chairman Rose:I never wish to lose challengers in this sort of way.But we must do what we have to do to keep everything sportsmanlike.

Rose and Oleana then leave while Cody thinks about what happened.

Cody (Thoughts):That must have hit him hard and I tried so hard to stop him from doing something like this...guess he was just too stubborn.

Sonia turned to her little brother.

Sonia:Y'know during one of Bede's matches,I heard the announcer say he had no family.

Cody:I got it from his League card...I tried so hard to make him change himself for the better but he was too stubborn for me.

Cody says as places a hand on his head.

Sonia:Well,at least you tried,I think deep down he wanted to be better.

Oakwin then walked up to him.

Oakwin:Don't worry,friend. I'm sure you can still try again with him later.

Cody:Thanks Oakwin and Sonia.

He then turned to the mural.

Cody:Even though the mural looks bad,I hope it's still okay.

After saying that some of the stones shift and start to fall causing everyone to back up.

When the dust settles Cody looks at the aftermath along with Sonia.

Behind the wall was a stone statue of two wolves,one holding a sword while the other held a shield.

Cody looks at them both and his mind flashes back to the day he saw those same wolves in the forest.

Cody:Whoa!

Sonia looks at the statute and thinks back to the tapestries from before and she connects the two together.

Sonia:I got it!

Sonia:Not the best turn of events,but the ruins were brought to light for us to see.What does this tell us about Galar's legends?

Cody thinks about this revelation.

Cody (Thoughts):Everybody thought that Galar's hero was a person but it was actually a Pokemon instead!

Cody:They were Pokemon!

Sonia:Right! More than any hero,there's those things that appear to be Pokemon that stand out!

Cody:And by the looks of it,it seems they're using that sword and shield they're holding.

Sonia:Yep.Anything else that stands out?

Cody looks at the statue again.

Cody:They must have treated the sword and shield Pokemon as the same thing!

Sonia shot a finger gun at him.

Sonia:But then what? They just faded from history?

Cody:Unless...someone did a cover up on them.

Cody (Thoughts):That must mean that those two ladies from the forest must be the wolves I fought as well.

He's brought out of his thoughts when Sonia hugs him and kisses his cheeks.

Sonia:Thanks for your help,little brother! I think we just made a big discovery here.

Cody hugs her.

Cody:You're welcome.

Sonia:Here,I have this as a reward.

She then hands him a chocolate bar for him and he gets excited.

Cody:Thanks Sonia!

He says as he takes it.

Sonia:Very welcome. Now head on over to Ballonlea and that next badge.

Cody gives her a thumbs up and runs to the Glimwood Tangle to reach the Gym.

As he did,he felt as though he was getting close to solving the mystery of the true heroes of Galar and their history.

The Mural was a big help but now he had to know what their names were and why their story was lost to time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146 23 13
This may not be a true story, But I might show some events that did happen in my life and some events i wanted to happen in the future but never had...
215 2 8
You were originally from Kalos, your family was always trying to find the perfect home.. even though you liked it best in kalos. Then at the age of 1...
Break OUT By Stormy

Teen Fiction

75 0 16
Begin austism for Austin is a struggle everyday including high school no friends No help just him and his high school teacher. Loud noises screaming...
501 9 5
β•°β”ˆβž€ ❝ 𝑰'π’Ž π’”π’π’“π’“π’š, 𝒔𝒐 π’”π’π’“π’“π’š. 𝑷𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕 π’Žπ’š π’‚π’‘π’π’π’π’ˆπ’š. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’” π’ƒπ’π’Šπ’π’…, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 π’˜π’‚π’” 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒃...