Snow and Ice || 태국

By s_chiena

Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook shared a desk for six years of primary school. Taehyung had tormented Jungkook... More

My Deskmate
Retaliation
An accident
A spectacle
Becoming a father
The source of his happiness
Winter activity
So what happened next?
On to university
A plan
Athlete assistant
Old classmate
Standoff
Shameless
Stirring trouble (1)
A business transaction
Life Coach
A chance encounter
Made a loss
A pervert
A competition
The third time
Different wavelengths
Ruin and provoke
A ticket
The competition and being drunk
A huge trap
Second parent
Music room
Music room (2)
Three musketeers
The audience's silence
Top Ten singer
Those times
Regret
Bury the hatchet
Ups and downs
Little left to the imagination
See how it goes
PR crisis
Touched
Repayment
Bunch of devils
Convince by actions
Anecdote
Departure and arrival
Faint longing
Face-to-face revision
I like you
The most familiar pervert
Jungkook-ssi's return
Flowers for you
Bedtime story
Bite you
The perils of Jianghu
Pig farm
A kiss
Obedient Taehyung
Daddy loves you
Our Green Ice
A chance encounter
Pounded with excitement
Angry?
Not a decent fellow
Temple fair
The figure's not bad
The logic of psyching someone out
Time
True love and lies
Ice God
Fan group
Gift
Rock Sugar And Pear Stew (not a chapter)
Infuriate by teasing
A lame joke
Contrary to expectation
Courage and drive (1)
Resolution (2)
The joy of being attached
A late gift
Mystery solved
Fate's arrangement
Idol pays the price
A Flower
Meeting their son-in-law
Natural charmer
Here to serve
Chapter 88
(Censored) - Side story: The cheating crisis
First competition
A battle to make his name
A visit to the parents
Swept out of the house
Pig brains and couple of watches
Side story: Childhood elopement
(Censored) - Poor condition
Roses
Mysterious boy
Sunshine and confession
Ultimate hero
Palace drama
Inevitable encounter
New Year's Eve
Unique logo
That's true love
Like a pervert
~ Finale ~
Bonus Chapter 1 - Side story: The funeral of roses
Bonus Chapter 2 - Taehyung x Jungkook

Difficulty: Hard

245 13 0
By s_chiena

It was only on the next day when Taehyung reported to the west wing and obtained the ice skating gears that his heart which had been highly strung for the entire period finally relaxed.

It was a dream come true.

At the same time, his curiosity was piqued.

"Coach Jung, may I know why you changed your mind?" Taehyung could not hold in his curiosity and asked her quietly.

"Rather than having the energy to mull over this, why not put in the effort to think about how to regain your muscles within the shortest time." Coach Jung pointed to the pile of items that Taehyung held. She rapped the box holding a pair of skates at the very top. "This pair of skates alone is 4,800 won."

Taehyung was aware of its value. He owned a pair himself and usually brought his skates to the ice rink to show off. However, he had used that pair of skates for quite a long and it was time to switch.

This was the greatest drawback of ice sports; too much money was needed. Speed skating was already considered cheap compared to the others. For instance, Yukhei's figure skating required him to have his team and engage people to specially design his clothes and choreograph his programs. Next, looking at Jungkook, his years of ice hockey had chalked up an astronomical sum based on his equipment and coach training fees alone. Furthermore, he would head overseas for training every year with Canada being the most traveled country.

Without coming from a family with some wealth, no one would be willing to burn their money like this. 

"Coach Jung, I won't let you down." After saying this, Taehyung went to keep the items. He would not be going on ice for the time being. This afternoon, he would be training his muscles and sense of balance.

There were quite a few people in the practice venue and nearly all of them were student-athletes. While Taehyung trained, he could distinctively sense unveiled looks of disdain tossed toward him from all directions...

——

"Say, what is the fastest way to gain muscles?" During lunch, Taehyung asked Jungkook. He exhaled a long sigh. "I can't believe that I'm saying this but I kind of miss the nickname 'He-hulk'."

Jungkook pointed to his lunch tray. "You're asking me this while eating sweet and sour pork and red braised pork?"

"Ah, I was too tired and forgot." Looking at the food on his plate, Taehyung felt a little reluctant thinking of the delicious food that he would have to part with. He asked, "Not even red braised pork? Previously, I could eat red braised pork when I was still doing speed skating."

"It's not suitable for you now at this stage."

"Oh, alright." Taehyung drew in a deep breath and strengthened his resolve. "This will be the last time; I'll take it as an official farewell." Saying this, he stretched his chopsticks towards the red braised pork.

Swiftly, Jungkook used his chopsticks to intercept and snap his chopsticks shut.

"Not farewell—funeral." He swept all of the red braised pork onto his plate.

As for the sweet and sour pork, it would end up in the rubbish bin.

Taehyung looked at him with chagrin.

Jungkook saw that Taehyung was so annoyed his eyes were glistening, which looked especially adorable. Jungkook held his forehead. Lately, he kept feeling that Taehyung looked adorable. There must be something wrong with his brain.

Fine, so be it. If this was the case, he admitted it.

He went back to the canteen stalls and helped Taehyung to buy a new set of food. When he returned, he saw Taehyung staring blankly at the red braised pork but his chopsticks were untouched.

Jungkook hovered his finger over the red braised pork and sweet and sour pork. He counted them piece by piece. After he was done, he concluded, "Good, not a piece missing."

Taehyung was not going to let things rest like this. He pointed to the red braised pork and said, "To be honest, I licked every single piece."

Jungkook savored the red braised pork like he could not care less. When he was done, he even stretched out his tongue to lick the corners of his lips. He smirked, clearly trying to provoke him.

"I have something that I don't understand," Taehyung said.

"Oh?"

"How have you lived till now without being beaten to death?"

"I always have this strong belief."

"Oh?"

"That if Taehyung can do it, so can I."

Jungkook, 1 point.

After lunch, Jungkook told Taehyung, "Your performance today wasn't too bad. I have a reward for you."

Taehyung was unable to trust his words...

Sure enough, he did not let him down; he bought him an avocado.

An avocado!

With its exotic taste, Taehyung had always wondered about the shameful methods that avocados had used to disguise themselves and be classified as fruits.

"You can ingest food with fats. However, 'superior' fats that fill you up are preferable." Jungkook moved to pass the avocado to Taehyung.

Taehyung was a little unwilling to take it. "I don't think I'm worthy of these 'superior' fats. I'll go eat some of lesser quality."

"Your objection is invalid." Seeing how Taehyung's face was scrunched up from his unwillingness, he grabbed Taehyung's hand and stuffed the avocado into it.

Taehyung's hand was much smaller than his. The skin on the back of his hand was soft and delicate. When he held it, the sensation made him a little reluctant to let go. When he released him, the tip of his thumb subconsciously lingered for a moment on the area between Taehyung's thumb and index finger.

Taehyung's attention was on the avocado. Disdain was clearly expressed on his face.

Jungkook said, "Next week onwards, you'll come with me for extra training."

The entire following week, Taehyung adhered to the diet regimen set by Jungkook and followed him for extra training. Every day, he would end up as exhausted as a darned dog. Never mind the physical exhaustion on his body, but Jungkook seemed hell-bent on grinding down his spirit.

Once, the two of them were at the sports field climbing the stairs sideways. This exercise was great for training leg muscles. Taehyung was slow and instead of encouraging or consoling him, Jungkook whipped out a skewer of red braised pork and waved it in front of Taehyung. He taunted, "You need to be faster if you want any."

Taehyung was infuriated. Was Jungkook treating him as a dog brought out for a walk? He gnashed his teeth and stared daggers at him. "Jungkook, I'm going to kill you today."

Jungkook turned and ran.

Taehyung chased after him.

The two of them sprinted down the stand and across the track. When Jungkook was on the grass, Taehyung stretched out his hand and grabbed Jungkook. He lunged towards the ground, bringing Taehyung along with him to the grass.

Taehyung scrabbled up and found himself straddling Jungkook's body. He took this opportunity and seized Jungkook's throat. "Would you still dare to be a jerk?"

Jungkook panted, his chest heaving heavily. He lay on the ground and looked at Taehyung. "No."

Taehyung did not expect him to surrender so quickly. He withdrew his hand, intending to stand up. The next moment, Jungkook unexpectedly twisted his body. In one smooth motion, he spun their positions around and became the one pinning Taehyung down instead.

Taehyung lay on the grass. One of Jungkook's arms was bent and propped next to his ear. He enveloped his with his body.

Taehyung shoved him. "What are you doing."

Jungkook used his other hand to ruffle Taehyung's hair. Then, his palm stilled on his head as he bent and gazed down at him.

Taehyung felt that the atmosphere was a little odd.

Jungkook suddenly lowered his head. Shocked, Taehyung's body tensed and he closed his eyes swiftly.

The two of them drew closer and closer. They were so close that it seemed like their chests would touch when Taehyung breathed in and his chest rose. Taehyung attempted to wriggle free. "Hey!"

"Don't move." Jungkook pressed him still and lowered his head even closer.

Jungkook's lips were almost touching Taehyung's nose bridge. At this distance, he paused for a few seconds. Then, he remarked, "Still here?" As he spoke, he lightly pressed a spot on Taehyung's head with the tips of his fingers.

There was a scar there. Hidden beneath Taehyung's hair, it usually could not be seen. This scar was the result of Taehyung playing with tree branches when he was young. At that time, he had bled all over the place and appeared like he had injured his head badly, giving everyone a huge shock.

During that incident, Jungkook was trailing behind him and helping to pick up tree branches. He also did not know why they were collecting tree branches in the aftermath of a gale...

After seeing the scar, Jungkook released Taehyung. The two of them stood up and discovered everyone nearby staring at them.

Taehyung touched his nose. Without speaking a word, he turned and walked back to the stand.

Jungkook followed behind leisurely. After walking for a while, he suddenly breathed out a laugh.

Taehyung twisted his head and glared at Jungkook. "What are you laughing at?"

"I'll say." Jungkook bent his head, his limpid gaze landing on Taehyung's face. "You can't possibly think that I was going to kiss you, were you?"

"Lunatic."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

667K 38.5K 26
Risking everything for love, Taehyung finally allows himself to listen to whom his heart is calling for, no other than Jungkook, his best friend. How...
121K 3K 109
Jeon Jungkook and Lisa Manoban were deskmates throughout the whole six years of primary school. After being plagued by Lisa for the entirety of this...
33.6K 996 21
In a dorm, where 7 boys are living in the spotlight it's hard to find a moment to yourself. But, it's even harder when you're hiding the love of your...
44.3K 1.1K 27
"Tae , I really like you " "No thanks Mr.Jeon. I don't want to see your face .Please go away and don't ever ask me for love . I hate you" Jungkook...