Second Chances

By 1Dperfxox

Julia isn't the girl who gets all the guys. She finally gets her first boyfriend in her senior year of high s... More

Second Chances
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
*UPDATE*
Chapter Forty-One
***UPDATE***
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
KIK
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
**UPDATE**
Chapter Fifty
**UPDATE** & Chapter Fifty One

Chapter Thirty-Seven

131K 1.9K 356
By 1Dperfxox

~Chapter Thirty-Seven~

Just when things become perfect, something always has to ruin it.

My heart began racing, my fingers began trembling, and all I could do was stand there and hope this was another nightmare.

The voice that I prayed I'd never hear again waited on the other end for my response. I was too shocked to even think. This is not happening. No, it can't be.

"H-how did you get my number?" I was mind boggled. I changed my phone number so he could never call me again. This is impossible.

"Don't worry about that." He laughed. His laugh was creepy and eerie causing goosebumps to form on my skin. "What you should worry about is your little boyfriend."

I swear at that moment my heart really did stop. I literally felt it skip a beat as his words repeated in my mind. My boyfriend.

Mine.

If he thinks he's going to drag Niall into this, he's got another thing coming.

"Wha-"

"Shhh." He rudely cut me off. "Don't you remember what I said. I will always be your only boyfriend. No one else can have you, princess."

I became furious. "Listen to me, Josh. You better stop right here because I'm happy and you're NOT going to mess this up for me."

"Hahaha little, delusion Julia. Just because you left California and moved to London, doesn't mean I can't find you. Guess who just booked the next flight to London?! Your only boyfriend." The line went dead.

No.

No.

No no no.

This isn't happening.

No.

How did he even find me? The only reason I moved to London was to get away from him. I left my home in California, flew halfway across the world, just so he wouldn't be able to find me. He really can't be serious about coming here.

Ahhhh, who am I kidding?! He's dead serious. He's crazy enough to fly here just to make me miserable.

I paced back and forth in my room.

'What am I going to do?!' I whispered as my head rested in my hands.

Think, Julia.

I felt like I really should call Niall, but I don't want to make him worry. Just when we're finally happy, Josh is going to screw things up.

So scratch that- I can't call Niall. I'll probably have a few days until he gets here. Ugh, I'm going to go insane. I have no idea what I should do.

Panic washed over me as I threw myself down on my bed. I didn't even bother changing.

I knew I won't be sleeping at all tonight.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*Niall's P.O.V:*

*Two days later*

Julia has been on edge lately. She refuses to admit something's bothering her. I really wish she'd just tell me but I don't want to push it.

So I decided to take her out today. Hopefully that'll get her mind off of things.

To:

'Juliathesexiestpersoneverrrr;)'

~'I'm taking you out today so go get ready ;)'

From:

'Juliathesexiestpersoneverrrr;)'

~'Oooooo where are we going? ;)'

To:

'Juliathesexiestpersoneverrrr;)'

~'That shall remain a surprise(;'

From:

'Juliathesexiestpersoneverrrr;)'

~'Ugh you're such a pain in the arse;)'

I had already showered and got dressed so I gave Julia a little while to get ready.

I sat back and watched tv until Julia texted me that she was ready.

"So where are we going?" Julia questioned.

"You'll see." I winked.

"Ugh, you always do this to me." She laughed.

"Because it's fun to tease you. Plus, you look really cute when you're annoyed."

"Oh, so I'm only cute when I'm annoyed?" She poked my stomach.

"No, you're always cute! Just take my compliment."

"Fine." She blushed.

I have no idea how I ended up the the most perfect girl. I must be the luckiest guy on the planet.

I pulled up in front of the Chinese restaurant where Julia and I went when we first met.

"Awwww, oh my god, Niall!" Julia exclaimed and grabbed my arm.

I smiled at her reaction.

I grabbed her hand in mine and intertwined my fingers with hers as we walked into the restaurant.

"This brings back so many memories." Julia sighed, happily.

It's good to see her as her usual self, not like she's been acting the past couple of days.

We were even seated at the same table as the last time we were here.

"What would you guys like to order?" The waiter had asked us.

"We'll have the orange chicken." Julia smiled. I swear it's like she can read my mind.

Julia and I made small talk until we were interrupted by her phone ringing.

"Aren't you going to get that?" I asked when she completely ignored her ringing device.

"Get what?"

"Your phone..."

She is acting really weird. She's definitely hiding something from me.

"Oh... too late." She shrugged just as the call had stopped.

"Well who was it?" I let my curiosity get the best of me.

"Uhhh... uhhh... my... ummm... Kate."

That's when it all added up. Julia was absolutely fine all day until her phone starting ringing. Now, she's acting like she's going insane. It's really weird. Her actions definitely have something to do with these calls.

I decided to let it go for now, but I will get to the bottom of this.

Eventually our food came, and it was delicious. But Julia refused to get dessert. She kept saying she wanted to go back to our flats.

Julia NEVER passes up dessert. This isn't like her. Something was definitely bothering her.

She seemed really... worried. I did as she begged and brought her back to her flat. I didn't want to make anything harder for her by questioning her, so I let it slide for now.

"Wait!" Julia grabbed my wrist as I headed towards my flat. "Can I... uhhh... stay at your flat? Please?" She was squeezing my wrist as I stared into her eyes. She seemed extremely nervous, it almost seemed like she was... shaking.

"Uh yeah sure..." I responded.

I opened the door for her and we went inside.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked as she settled down on my couch.

"Yeah..." She quietly said.

I let Julia pick any movie she wanted to watch. We ended up watching Titanic as she rested her head on my chest and I wrapped my arms around her. It was a perfect moment.

Of course, until we were interrupted by Julia's ringing phone, once again.

Julia wasn't responsive. She acted as if it wasn't even ringing.

"Julia, are you gonna get it?"

She sat up. "Uh, I have to use the bathroom." Getting up quickly, she darted down the hall.

Becoming frustrated, I decided to answer it. She's obviously hiding something and I took it upon myself to see why these calls were causing Julia to act so strange.

"Hello?"

Julia ran back down the hall and peeked around the corner, with her eyes wide.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Niall Horan."

What's going on? How does he know my name?

"Who is th-"

"Don't be stupid. You're smart enough to figure it out." The speakers voice sent chills down my spine.

What the hell is going on?

"I don't know who you are..."

He sighed. "Okay then, lets see... why do you think your girlfriend, or shall I say my ex-girlfriend, acts so strange everyone her phone rings?" He laughed.

I looked up at Julia who had tears threatening to spill out of her eyes and her hand covering her mouth.

Ex-girlfriend? There's only one person who that could possibly be.

Josh.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~A/N~

Sorry that was really short, but I don't have school tomorrow due to the blizzard so I might get the chance to update again!

Ahhhhh, Josh is really creepy!

***Okay it's just a coincidence that Josh has the same name as Josh Devine. They aren't the same person or whatever! Just a disclaimer so no one's confused!***

So, hmmmm what's a question I can ask for shoutouts?

Hmmmm how about: Does anyone know Niall's all time favorite song?

Hopefully someone gets this right because if no one knows this I'll feel bad!

Okay thanks for reading and comments! You're comments always make me laugh!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 875 18
Two months after her amazing summer, Summer moves to London with her dancing partner Ryan, to participate in a new show called "International Dance"...
9.6K 1.1K 73
What will happen when Niall gets himself into trouble endangering his loved ones? Especially the one he cannot live without. Read the book to find ou...
1.8K 85 22
*Sequel to Some Nights* Sarah is starting her freshman year at college, without Alison at her side. Alison made a gut decision to head off to New Yor...
104 4 31
Rosie is 18 years old and she lives in Ireland. She loves singing and playing guitar. She is crazy about a band called one direction and has a celebr...