Way Back Home

By Kooknamari

Ranvijay, a Cold man by nature, battling the world and himself, gets tied up with a selfless shy girl, Nihari... More

Where my Home is.
The Salvation
Niharika- the first Rain Drop
Damn! A whole mother material.
Wildflowers over Roses.
Molester?
Too hot to resist
Butterflies and Snowflakes
Silence before the Storms
Author's Note
Romantic Ranvijay
The Date and the Interruption
I will hug your worries away
Lurking Dangers
It's You, Only You
Come to Me
I like me better, when I am with you
Dirty Waters
First Strike
Feel me, with every fibre of yours.
I got You
Setting the Priorities
Lights Down Low (18+)
My little brother
Warmth and Betrayal
Heart break
I don't do Roses
And I tell you!
Question to Readers
Birthday?
Birthday Party
Fire in their breaths
How will it be?
Dumbo but mine
Our Love will keep us Going
Way To Home
That time of the month
You and I
Story Suggestion
You are my 🍯 to the 🌙
Final Chapter
Bonus Chapter (18+)

Popped bubbles

1.7K 93 13
By Kooknamari

Like the love of every couple tones down after a time, gets frazzled among the busy and worse days, so did the sparkling love of Ranvijay and Niharika. The once bubbling love, overflowing the bottle has now settled and calmed down, with just a few bubbles here and there. But, like every human being fears changes, Niharika too feared the changes. Everyone has a past, so did Niharika. Her past was filled with sudden abandonment, unspoken good byes and nonsensical departure of some really close people.

Niharika POV

Is the spark really going down? Am I really not attractive anymore?

I am going mad. Things between us have really gone down. It's about a month, we barely talk. Ranvijay just comes home late, eats, works, sleeps, and leaves to office earlier.

The workload is way much more, these days. I can't even confront him. He likes to stay uninterrupted. I understand and leave him most of the time, but that's taking a toll on me. I miss him real bad. Those small sweet gestures, beautiful smiles, late night talks, cuddles to sleep.

It isn't like he behaves rude or something, but what if he not find me attractive anymore? What if he gets annoyed with my childish behaviors? What if I have did something wrong?

Author POV

These thoughts kept Niharika disturbed all day. She tried different things to divert her mind. She joined a new art course to keep herself busy and not make things difficult for Ranvijay anymore.

Niharika was busy spacing out sitting on the couch, when Ranvijay burst through the door.
He looked at Niharika tiredly. His whole body was aching. He too knew that he was being distant with her, but this was a part of his nature. He liked to be a lone wolf when he was focusing on something.

He tiredly walked towards her and plopped down on the sofa, startling her. She looked at his tired face, he too looked at her. They shared an eye contact for a moment, before she could say something, he slid down, and placed his head on her lap, wiggling few times to get comfortable.

Niharika was bewildered at first, then she melted looking at him, hiding his face in her stomach. She gently caressed his messy hair, after a few seconds, Ranvijay laid over his stomach, bringing her hand to his back, indicating her to massage it.

She smiled gently, giving in to his wordless demands. When she was massaging his back, he heard soft snores from him. Suddenly, her heart felt at ease, only this much skinship is enough to make her happy, and stop her nonsensical mind from overthinking.

Time skip.

Niharika was cooking dinner, when Ranvijay woke from his sleep. He trudged into the kitchen with his half opened eyes and messy hair, and slumped on Niharika backhugging her.

Niharika gasped, "Aahk, you scared me."
Ranvijay just whined hugging her even tighter, "I have been noticing from few days, you look sadder, did something happen?" He asked with his chin on her shoulder.

She grew stiff. Unknowingly, she drew in a breath, not heaving it. This too, didn't get unnoticed by Ranvijay. He scrunched his eyebrows in confusion.

He turned her facing himself, studying her eyes. His heart shrank seeing the one thousand different shades of sorrow and hurt, he may not utter many words, but he was fluent in the language of silence. She gently lifted her eyes, meeting his.

He gently cupped her face, asking in a whisper, "Hey, what's wrong?"

Niharika looked at him for some moment, his gestures was making her emotions sizzle like water on hot iron plate. Bits of tears accumulated in her eyes, she tried to speak, realizing, she was still holding her breath, she couldn't speak somehow, only lowering her head, heaving a sigh.

She tried to turn back to her work, but Ranvijay tightly held her shoulders, stopping her.

Sighing she replied, "Nothing. It's really nothing."

He threatened, "I am not moving an inch, until you tell me. I need to know, what has the courage to bring tears to my wife's eye!"

Somehow, she knew she was overthinking, and she was ashamed of her own thoughts. She couldn't bring herself to accept those hurtful thoughts her mind was tricking her to think. She knew, he was not in her past, nor was he like anyone in her past. He was him, her husband, the coldie she loves. But, all humans become vulnerable at times.

So, she tried to wiggle out of his hold saying, "The curry will burn, leave me."

The mercury inside his head reached the peak, and he hastily turned off the flame of the stove, and tightly held her hand, bringing her to the couch. He made her sit on it, and then brought the center table closer, sitting on it, facing her.

He came a bit forward and locked her knees in between his, asking her, "Now. Speak."

She tried to make some excuse, when he shut her off, "Only truth."

She sighed, "How can I say this..." she looked at him, who was sitting patiently and intently just to listen to her words. She sighed again, "You.. you were busy these days, and, and I missed you... I just got insecured...if you have finally got tired of me... and.. t-trying to a-avoid m-ee, be-because-e I am annoying.."

He scrunched his face, "You mad or what? I was just busy."

She quickly chimed, "I KNOW, I know! I know, I am overthinking, I shouldn't be thinking like this, it's just, I can't help getting insecured some times..." She palmed her face.

He was trying to think, how to put his words. He wasn't a man of words. He sucks at words.

Nevertheless, he took her hands in his, freeing her face from the cage of her own palms, "Look at me." He directed, and she obliged like a lost soldier. "You taught me that, Insecurity is natural. But you need to know, that even if I seldom say this, I do love YOU, only You. I was just busy and sorry I can't help being isolated while I am focusing. It helps me work better.

There was a lot happening in the company. You know the hacking controversy right, and with the board meeting for resolving of CEO position left a dark stain. I needed to work harder and make sure everything is smooth.

And with new proposals, and all, it got a bit messy. But now, I have brought it a bit under control.

The deal is locked, the order is completed and delivered, the money of the first order will be transferred to the company tomorrow.

I am sorry, amidst all these, I couldn't give you time. But, this is no way, means I am tired of you. Rather, you should be the one tired. Are you?"

She frantically shook her head, saying no. "No.. I, wh.y.."

Ranvijay put a finger  on her lips, stopping her, "Shh.. Whatever it is, whatever it will be, it will always be with you and no one else. Understand?"

Niharika nodded her head, lowering her head on his lap. Her forehead touching his thigh. He caressed her hairs a bit, before standing up along with her. But, she was in no mood to leave him, getting him after so many days. She hugged him tightly, placing her head in the nook of his neck.

She inhaled him, trying to soothe her heart. He cradled her a bit, thinking of ways to make up in his mind.

"Promise me," he spoke, "from now on, whenever you feel lonely or miss me, no matter what I am doing, you will come to me, and say me that you miss me." She nodded smiling in to his chest. He continued, "Give me some more days, I will quickly pile up the mess and give you all the attention you want, Okay?" She smiled again looking at his eyes.

And the promise was lived. In the further days, whenever he was very much engrossed or busy in his work, and she was missing him, she would go to him, and say, "I miss you."

Depending upon the seriousness of work, Ranvijay would ask for sometime, or make her sit on his lap, or make her lean her body on his, while he would continue his work.

After some days.

"Niharika, take a leave of 4 days, on the 3rd week of next month." Ranvijay came inside the room, tossed his phone on the bed, and himself plopped down on it, wiggling towards Niharika, who sat leaning against the bed rest. He placed his head on her lap, sighing.

"Why? What happened?" She asked a bit confused, caressing his hairs.

(Ranvijay)                                       (Niharika)
"We are going on a tour."

"REALLY! Where!!!"

Where do you want?

"Where? You asking me? Um.. Where.. we can go to beach.. um no wait.. Do you like mountains? We can go there too... or do you like forests? We can go somewhere far too... !! Ugghhh"

Her excitement knew no bounds, she was literally dancing on the bed, all the while sitting. Ranvijay chuckled, looking at her. "That's why, I have already booked tickets for beach."

"You did??! Oh my God!! You sneaky piece of.... anyways... I need to go shopping, and start packing. Oh no, First I have to inform my Princi about the leave... then arrange for substitutions, oh god, there are so many things to be done."

All the while she was rumbling in excitement, going back n forth, he was staring at her with utmost patience and adoration. How can his wife be so cute? Just an outing, and she is dancing like she has got the world. He smiled gently at her, looking at her inner child prancing all around the room in happiness.

Afterall, that's the beauty of love. Sparkling or calm, it's very much present, in essence, in presence, in manifestation, in pretence, in everything.

_________________________________________________

Thank you for waiting so long. Way Back Home will soon be officially over. Maybe after 2 chapters.

But good news is, Way Back Home might end, but Ranvijay and Niharika won't be leaving.
That's right, they will be making appearances and progress in Way to Home, along with Arjun and Sunaina.

Thank you for loving this book, and them.
Those, who have still stayed with this book, thank you so much.❣

Let me know about your thoughts.
Please look out for my other books, if you like my writing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 109K 40
~Glimpse~~ "Who are You?" That was the Question I asked her The Second All people Left the Hall. "I.. Amis.. I" Her heart was Beating fast as Her br...
2.1M 88.8K 93
•UNDER EDITING• Abhimanyu Chowdhary-A mysterious 28 years old man. CEO of Chowdary group of companies. He has looks that every girl craves and go cra...
35.2K 3.2K 17
(Book 1 of "Never Alone" series) "Love? huh! who will love a girl like me. I have always walked alone " thought Sarakshi watching the lovey-dovey cou...
414K 12.5K 53
#2 India - out of 1.9M stories #wattys2023