Snow and Ice || 태국

By s_chiena

Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook shared a desk for six years of primary school. Taehyung had tormented Jungkook... More

My Deskmate
Retaliation
An accident
A spectacle
Becoming a father
The source of his happiness
Winter activity
So what happened next?
On to university
A plan
Athlete assistant
Old classmate
Standoff
Shameless
Stirring trouble (1)
A business transaction
Life Coach
A chance encounter
Made a loss
A pervert
A competition
The third time
Different wavelengths
Ruin and provoke
A ticket
The competition and being drunk
A huge trap
Second parent
Music room
Music room (2)
Three musketeers
Top Ten singer
Those times
Regret
Bury the hatchet
Ups and downs
Difficulty: Hard
Little left to the imagination
See how it goes
PR crisis
Touched
Repayment
Bunch of devils
Convince by actions
Anecdote
Departure and arrival
Faint longing
Face-to-face revision
I like you
The most familiar pervert
Jungkook-ssi's return
Flowers for you
Bedtime story
Bite you
The perils of Jianghu
Pig farm
A kiss
Obedient Taehyung
Daddy loves you
Our Green Ice
A chance encounter
Pounded with excitement
Angry?
Not a decent fellow
Temple fair
The figure's not bad
The logic of psyching someone out
Time
True love and lies
Ice God
Fan group
Gift
Rock Sugar And Pear Stew (not a chapter)
Infuriate by teasing
A lame joke
Contrary to expectation
Courage and drive (1)
Resolution (2)
The joy of being attached
A late gift
Mystery solved
Fate's arrangement
Idol pays the price
A Flower
Meeting their son-in-law
Natural charmer
Here to serve
Chapter 88
(Censored) - Side story: The cheating crisis
First competition
A battle to make his name
A visit to the parents
Swept out of the house
Pig brains and couple of watches
Side story: Childhood elopement
(Censored) - Poor condition
Roses
Mysterious boy
Sunshine and confession
Ultimate hero
Palace drama
Inevitable encounter
New Year's Eve
Unique logo
That's true love
Like a pervert
~ Finale ~
Bonus Chapter 1 - Side story: The funeral of roses
Bonus Chapter 2 - Taehyung x Jungkook

The audience's silence

244 15 1
By s_chiena

To prevent negatively impacting an underage youth's worldview, Taehyung suggested that both of them not fake their performances and rely on their real abilities instead.

In the subsequent days of practice, Jungkook tried correcting Taehyung when he could not take it anymore. After trying to do so a few times, he discovered that teaching Taehyung how to sing was a horrendously difficult task.

No matter how painstakingly he taught or advised him when he opened his mouth to sing again, it was as if he had never spoken a word.

Furthermore, Taehyung had an oddly specific way of going out of tune and was not doing so blindly.

Jungkook was forced to admit that this brat did have an unbreakable spirit...

Taehyung was also exasperated with Jungkook's nit-picking. "Just what do you want—you can't even play the cello properly and you still want to manage what I'm doing?" He looked at Yukhei. "Yukhei, what do you think of my singing?"

"I think," Yukhei pursed his lips and replied, "Confidence is key."

——

This was after all a proper stage performance. Besides practicing for it, they needed to consider their stage outfits. This was especially so considering Yukhei's performance.

Yukhei's performance was a moonlight sword dance. This required a good-looking and comfortable set of clothing that must also appropriately showcase the traditional Korean flair that the performance had.

Taehyung was unable to find anything suitable even after days of searching. The outfits he saw were either too gaudy or needed to be accompanied by a complex hairstyle. In the end, it was Yukhei who bought the outfit for himself on Taobao.

Mm, it had long white sleeves and pants and was made of a soft and sleek fabric. The cut was loose and comfortable, just like the... Tai Chi clothing that elderly grandpas would wear while doing morning exercises in the park.

The clothing cost 89 won for the entire set and included shipping. Even if it was not up to par, they were not going to be ripped off or make a loss.

Taehyung did not have high hopes for it. When Yukhei stood in front of him in the outfit, Taehyung took one look at him and the first thought that popped into his mind was: the air of a dancer is indeed different.

Along with an excellent physique of broad shoulders and a narrow waist, he had snow-white skin and a pair of eyes and brows that seemed to have emerged from a painting. When dressed in this flowing and graceful-looking outfit, he gave off the air of a celestial being by simply standing there with his hands relaxed by his sides.

Taehyung was a little dazzled.

Yukhei wielded his silver sword and walked to the center of the dance studio. He spun the sword and began his dance. Under the light, the snow-white fabric flowed with his every movement like ripples of water.

The sound of Jungkook's cello entered at the appropriate moment. Solemn and weighted, the warm dulcet tones of the cello filled the room. It was a dance of the cello with the sword; the resulting cello music and sword flash beautifully harmonized and complemented each other.

Taehyung was extremely stirred. "When will the bright moon appear again——"

Both the cello music and the sword flashes faltered for a moment before continuing.

......

With Yukhei's outfit settled, Taehyung and Jungkook agreed on their respective outfits as well. Jungkook would wear his usual suit and tie while Taehyung went shopping with Nayeon and bought a beige suit that really looks good on him.

Before heading out, Taehyung put on a light makeup as well. As he was not good at makeup, Nayeon was the one who helped him to put it on.

When they headed downstairs, Nayeon carefully held onto Taehyung's arm. Nayeon looked up at Taehyung's exquisitely made-up face and commented, "My king, my love for you is true."

"Oh? Pray to tell me why?"

"Do you know how much courage I have to muster to walk alongside you? You're super goddess-like now!"

"Really?" Taehyung stood in front of the dormitory building's glass doors and looked at his reflection. Then, he patted Nayeon's head. "Concubine Im, you're a very lovable person as well."

"Whenever you call me Concubine Im, I'll think of that baldy."

The two of them exited the building. The autumn breeze lightly stirred the hem of Taehyung's blazer. He rubbed his exposed hands together.

Jungkook and Yukhei were waiting for him. He saw them immediately after stepping out.

They saw him as well.

Jungkook felt that he was going nuts—he felt that Taehyung was pretty.

His hairstyle was the same but he had makeup on. His skin glowed while his eyes, appearing even bigger than usual, were ridiculously bright and lively. His full lips have finely painted the shade of a fiery red.

His neck was slender, his collarbone delicately defined. His waist was slim and lithe...

Jungkook subconsciously thought of that shameful dream he had. In that dream, his waist was just like this...

Taehyung walked over. Seeing how the two of them were in a daze, he waved his hand at them. "Hey! Stunned silly? Hahahahaha!"

Jungkook: = =

It was his familiar old behavior.

The bunch of them walked over to the square near the auditorium where the audition for the singing competition was held. Along the way, they caught the attention of numerous passers-by.

The singing competition's official name was "Campus Idol" and it was the biggest event organized by the Student Union every year. There were even rumors that in the past, someone had directly entered the entertainment industry as a result of winning this competition.

This year, "Campus Idol" was divided into two segments: the preliminary audition and the official competition. The preliminary audition would first be held for three consecutive days. Every individual or group who signed up for the competition would go on stage to perform. The selection process consisted of votes from both a panel of judges and RCU students. There were three judges in total. If contestants received all three votes, they would automatically qualify for the official competition. Those who failed to do so could also qualify by getting enough votes from the students.

This was the last day of the preliminary audition. Taehyung and the gang were slotted towards the end; it was a group decision they made after confirming the most convenient timing for both Jungkook and Yukhei. Being slotted towards the end had numerous disadvantages. This was because voting started on the first day of the audition. Most students had already cast their votes and this meant that there were lesser votes left for contestants who performed later.

However, Taehyung did not consider this an issue. He believed the judges had good taste and would certainly vote for them unanimously.

The auditorium square was an area that anyone heading to the canteen must pass through. Lessons for the day had ended and there was quite a crowd gathered near the audition stage.

On stage, the emcee announced the next performance. "Up next, we have 'Wishing We Last Forever'. Kim Taehyung, Jeon Jungkook, Wong Yukhei, please."

There was a commotion in the crowd.

"Jeon Jungkook? Is that the Jungkook that I know? Why is he here today?"

"Ah? Ice God? Thank goodness I didn't rush off for drumsticks!"

"Why is it Taehyung again? Are Taehyung and Jungkook bound together? Are the two of them together?"

"Who's Kim Taehyung?"

"A first-year, involved in the roller skating club incident a while back. He was seriously cool in that. I recommend you to watch the video."

"I was personally there. I think there's something sketchy going on with him and Jungkook."

"Nonsense, Jungkook is mine!"

"You guys, the main point is Yukhei! Dafaq, why is he also with Taehyung...?? What kind of godly person is he..."

"Who's Wong Yukhei again?"

"Don't any of you watch figure skating?"

"Wow, that boy is really pretty!"

The crowd twittered on and on...

Taehyung lifted the hem of his blazer, leisurely strode on stage, and shot a smile towards the audience. His behavior was natural and gave people a favorable impression.

"Presenting to everyone here, the song 'Wishing We Last Forever'." He opened his mouth, his voice was bright and melodious as he spoke in an even tone. As he spoke, his face still held the faint traces of a smile. He glanced at the panel of judges and winked.

The judges smiled lightly in return.

Whoo! Goddess!

Some of the male students were extremely aroused. Before he even started singing, they were already cheering and clapping in anticipation.

Behind him, Jungkook and Yukhei were both in position.

The female students were also extremely excited at seeing how Jungkook was about to play the cello. It was happening! Their god was going to play the cello again!

Yukhei raised his sword coolly. When the cello music rang out, he in turn started his dance.

Upon seeing the way he danced with the sword, many people immediately felt that it was remarkable. His actions flowed from one move to another; the sword dance was executed with grace and vigor and displayed ease that spoke of uninhibited confidence. That person's a pro, wasn't he?

The cello tune sounded fantastic while the sword dance was impressive. The crowd started admiring Taehyung's team and discussed this in whispers.

"Amazing, having such hot guys to enhance Kim's performance."

"What 'enhance' are you talking about—they're performing as a team."

"Why is Jungkook playing the cello for him, ahhhhh, the envy is driving me crazy!"

"Damnit, isn't this arrangement the equivalent of a champion team? I announce that the winner of 'Campus Idol' is... my husband, Taehyung!"

"Get lost, when did he become your husband?"

The discussion was getting heated when, suddenly, Taehyung opened his mouth. This was a little faster than the decided schedule and the audience was completely caught off guard.

"When will the bright moon appear again——"

"......"

"......"

"......"

Silence. There was dead silence.

"I raised my wine cup and ask the clear sky——

In the celestial~ palace——

What year is it now——"

"......"

"......"

"......"

The hushed silence continued. It was as if the whole world had died.

One of the judges was drinking water. Here, he had accidentally spitted all over the table and was currently trying to clean it in embarrassment.

Out of everyone present, the two calmest people were the one playing the cello and the one dancing. One had his eyes lowered in tranquillity while the other stirred the wind with his sword and emitted the elegant bearing of a celestial being.

Taehyung was fully immersed in his act. He started experimenting with his stage presence. Holding the mike with his right hand, he imitated singers on television and raised his left hand towards the open sky.

Holy shit!

This roughly summarized the audience's thoughts.

Some people even raised their mineral water bottles. However, those bottles were only held up and ultimately, none sailed across the air.

The guys were unwilling to hit Taehyung; the girls, on the other hand, were extremely willing. However, they were afraid of accidentally hitting the two guys behind...

Thus, Taehyung managed to safely deliver his song from the beginning to the end.

The audience felt like their souls were being purged, wait no, exorcised.

Taehyung finished singing and beamed at the panel of judges.

All three judges raised a red cross.

Taehyung's smile froze.

His expression was quite wounded and some of the audience began feeling a little sympathetic.

Jungkook stood up. Carrying his cello, he walked to Taehyung's side. He saw his crestfallen expression which was like a chick that has lost a fight.

"Thank you, judges." Although Taehyung was a little dejected, he still managed to express the expected thanks.

Suddenly, a fair but well-toned arm reached over and plucked the mike from his hands.

Baffled, Taehyung turned and looked at Jungkook.

Jungkook spoke into the mike, "If anyone wishes to see us in the subsequent rounds of competition, please vote for us. Thank you, everyone!"

Someone in the audience waved at him. "Okay, god!"

After saying this, Jungkook passed the mike back to the emcee. He saw Taehyung staring at him blankly and nudged his shoulders. In a quiet voice, he said, "Let's go."

His voice was surprisingly gentle.

The trio left the place in silence. Nayeon and Eunwoo met up with them. Upon seeing Taehyung, Eunwoo comforted him immediately, "Boss, the judges are blind. Don't be upset."

Taehyung looked down and said softly, "I think that my singing is fine."

Jungkook was suddenly very curious. He asked, "Haven't anyone told you that your singing is out of tune?"

"My dad, mom, grandpa, and grandma on both my dad and mom's side... all said that my singing is good."

"What about your classmates? Have none of them said anything?" Immediately after asking this, Jungkook shook his head. "Forget it. You probably wouldn't have believed them anyway."

Taehyung looked at the sky. There were indeed people who had mentioned that he was out of tune but there were very few people who had done so. After all, no one liked to blatantly point out other mistakes.

However, the truth was also that he chose not to believe them.

Eunwoo suddenly tiptoed over to Jungkook's side and whispered into his ears. "How do you understand my boss so well? I'll vote for you."

Jungkook raised his brows, looked to the side, and gave him an approving look.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

667K 38.5K 26
Risking everything for love, Taehyung finally allows himself to listen to whom his heart is calling for, no other than Jungkook, his best friend. How...
88.9K 6.7K 36
Story by cutegir2002 ______ A story of Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook. The two souls studying in the same school, in their last year before entering...
29.9K 1K 17
Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung are college students from different worlds. Taehyung is the captain of the basketball team and Jungkook never really l...
33.6K 996 21
In a dorm, where 7 boys are living in the spotlight it's hard to find a moment to yourself. But, it's even harder when you're hiding the love of your...