Desire For Destiny: A Jamaica...

Oleh MostwantedELLE

Destiny, has recently graduated from college and has moved to the city to pursue her dream career. At no give... Lebih Banyak

*Author's message*
Prologue
Chapter |1
Chapter |2
Chapter |3
Chapter |4
Chapter |5
Chapter |6
Chapter |7
Chapter |8
Chapter |9
Chapter |10
Chapter |11
Chapter |12
Chapter |14
Chapter |15
Chapter |16
Chapter |17
Chapter |18
Chapter |19
Chapter |20
Chapter |21
Chapter |22
Chapter |23
Chapter |24
Chapter |25
Chapter |26
Chapter |27

Chapter |13

1.3K 159 52
Oleh MostwantedELLE

Destiny's P.O.V
December 9
12pm

I speedily walk out the building to meet Alex. What was suppose to be a ten minute wait turned into a twenty.

I know he is pissed.

"Was it necessary for me to wait that long" he asks leaning up against his black Mercedes, infuriated.

Here we go....

"Yes, I had something important to do...and I khad to pee" I said

He rolls his eyes and opens his car door "get in"

I get in his car and I feel more nervous than uncomfortable. We have no business being in the same car especially if it has nothing to do with work.

I buckle my seatbelt "Um what car dealership are we going to?" I ask looking at him.

"The one in New Kingston" he replies

"Ok"

He mentioned earlier that he's buying a car for his sister. I worked with him for almost 3 months and have gotten closer to him in the process; not once did he mention that he had a sister.

The car drives off and I take the opportunity to vital information "So does she have an interest in a certain car?"

"She has an obsession with Audi" he says with a sigh.

Audi? Damn.

He continues "I'm not a fan of it so I hope she is open to another brand"

"But Alex thats what she wants." I said

"Okay? I'm the one buying it" he said in a snobby tone.

"Anyways, you probably have like three cars, why can't you give her one"

"Seven actually and why the fuck would I do that?"

Seven? Fi wah?

"What's the point of you having that many cars and you won't even share it with your own flesh and blood? Wouldn't it be more economical?" I asked

He lets out a chuckle and looks at me then back at the road.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Nothing, I'm not giving her one of my cars and that's that." He states

"But Alex-"

"I don't think it's right for me to give her a car that is filled with the spirits of the women I had sex with and economical? money wouldn't be an issue here I'm not broke." He said cutting me off.

The confusion stood within me because I'm trying to decipher if he's serious right now. The word around the office is that he gets around with women quite often. However, I didn't know him indirectly admitting it would make me a bit... disappointed?

Sigh, I'm in a swirl about him having having flings with women and I totally disregarded the money part.

We arrived at the car dealership and after that statement he made, we both went silent. I don't why we did but all of a sudden there was tension. I came out the car and as I stepped out, I took a deep sigh. I hope this won't last long.

I walk up to the door and before I could put my hand out to open he steps right in-front of me.

"Are you mad?" he asks

Yes, and I don't know why.

"No" I reassured

"Are you sure?" He asks

"Yes"

"Good because I don't want to go inside knowing that I offended you in some type of way, we're professionals and I shouldn't have said that statement"

"No seriously it's okay" I said

He proceeds to open the door and let me go in first.
I step in and the display of cars that are here... I feel like just by looking at them I could go broke.
While observing the surroundings, some sales associates and I think even the manager rushed over to Alex.

"Hello Mr Kennedy, we're delighted to have you here, can we show you around?" the manager asks.

"No thanks, we're good by ourselves" he replies.

"Don't you think a little assistance would be great?" I whispered to Alex

He looked at me and said "no that's what you're here for"

"What makes you think I know something about cars?"

"Trust me I know you're clueless but I just want a females opinion"

"Oh" I replied.

The most I can do is say that something looks cute.

I went over to the section where the KIA's would be. These probably would be a good starter car because she's a teen.

"How about this one, it's really cute she'll probably like it" I sad pointing to one of the Kia models.

"Destiny please, i don't want the breaks to fail and the car to go up in a blaze? Makes no sense"

"That whole thing is a myth not all of them do that." I said

"I don't care, she's not getting that" he said

"Not even a Hyun-"

"Not even that" he interjected

"Then buy her the Audi, since it's her dream car. A white one would be good if you're not sure of the color she would like"

He gave me a monotonous look then pinched the bridge of his nose.

If confused was a person it would be me.

"Now I feel useless, why am I here if you'll shoot down everything I suggest" I said pouting

"You're not u- let's just go over to the others"

I didn't answer him because what's the point?

He walks over to the other section while the other sale persons trail him. He then realizes that I wasn't following him and turns back to approach me.

"Aren't you coming?" He asks

"No"

"Just because I didn't take your suggestions? Destiny grow up" he said while grabbing my hand to follow him.

I forced my hand out his grasp.

"It's Miss Gordon" I said. Then I walked off to go outside.

《♡》

Alex's P.O.V
1:10pm

I leave the building after a half an hour of navigating and negotiations. While looking around the parking lot, I see Miss Miserable sitting on a ledge with a coffee in her hand.

Sigh.

I walk up to her but she refuses to have eye contact with me.

"Ready?" I ask her

She doesn't answer then gets up and jumps in the car.

This will be a fun ride.

I didn't bring her as a string along, she did in fact have a purpose here. Believe it or not, she reminds me a lot of Selene. Kind spirited, assertive and what I gradually discovered, temperamental. So in a sense I used her to get the perfect car but she doesn't have to know that yet .

Think I was gonna take her input just like that?

I don't suck up to women.

We drive off the compound in complete silence. I must admit, I do feel a bit bad but... it was for a good cause. Probably apologizing won't work but I'll use the next best thing.

"Did you have lunch today?" I ask

Please say no

"No, I plan to order something when I get back at the office." She replies looking down at her phone.

Lol nah.

"I think you should eat something before we get there."

"Trust me it's fine"

"Sure?"

She thinks about it for a while then gives in.

"K"

I was starting to think she now has hatred for me because what woman denies food?

........

We get seated in a private area of the restaurant and we look through the menus.

I try to lighten the mood "I hope us being in this setting doesn't give you any traumatic memories"

She giggles and puts her hands on her cheek.

Fuck, she's cute when she does that.

"No and I'm glad that I can laugh about it now" she said.

The waiter comes over to take our order.

"I'll just have a ceaser said with cottage cheese" she said to the waiter

Salad...

"You can order something else, I know a salad isn't filling." I told her.

"No that's okay" she said

I gave her a dead pan look "along with the salad she'll also have a curry goat with white rice and I'll have a chicken wrap" I said to the waiter.

"You cannot be serious"

"Your stomach will thank me later plus... a little birdy told me you like curry"

"Who?"

Your Twitter bio...

"Don't worry about it" I said.

"Okay...so do you carry your girls here often?" she asks. This is probably meant as a joke

"No, I had no reason to" I replied.

"Seems like you don't date at all" she suggests

"I don't, with all the work I'm doing, I usually don't have the time to entertain that kind of stuff"

"I feel you, the other day when you joked that I shouldn't go back on any dates I really took it into consideration"

She thought I was joking?

She continues "but I realized I can't remain vindictive towards that situation and all my exes."

Hm

"So what plans have you made to  repeal that?" I ask

"I decided when I get back from the trip, I'll start dating for bit and who knows, I'll probably meet my soul mate in Barbados" she said with a laugh.

"Interesting" I replied.

I wish I could laugh with her, but no.

She continues "I got an awakening to let go off the past and get my juices flowing again"

If she wanted her juices to flow she could have asked me.

I have the sudden urge to put an end to this madness called an 'awakening'.

"I'm not asking you to be vindictive but you just got situated in the peak of your career shouldn't you wait a bit before you jump into something serious?"

Thinking about it now, I sound like an asshole asking that.

"I wouldn't say I'm getting into something serious, afterall it's just dating, the soul mate thing was just an 'if'. I'm honestly not interested marriage" she states

Interesting!

"So you're looking to have...fun?" I ask seeing how far I can get with this.

"Yes but not in the way you're thinking" she implies

"Right, ofcourse" I said

"But I'm glad you understand, most people think that all women have a desire for marriage marriage. I have no interest for it right now and I'm assuming you're the same?"

"I'm the opposite actually, my desire is to have a family one day but I can't seem to transition just yet"

I have never told anyone that before... I don't know why I said that just now.

"Everything will fall into place when the time is right" she said.

Before I could answer, the waiter comes with our food.

She immediately dives on as if she hasn't eaten since yesterday.

Furthmore, I do believe everything will fall into place.

.........................................................
*I am not affiliated with the brands mentioned. I also mean no harm by any of the statements made*

Remembers to vote!❤

Wanted to give yall another chapter but  jah know. Lol🥲
(See recent announcement on page)

Let me know your thoughts!

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

14.4K 1.9K 23
LEGALLY BONDED - Jamaican Novel around a young Lawyer and her complicated life. Meet Alex Hines. She is witty, confident and rich. What more can a...
25.7K 1.5K 30
READ TO FIND OUT!!!!
253K 29.2K 52
Shanya and Alex are undoubtedly in love with each other but secrets threaten to break them apart. Is love enough to keep them together or will they j...
70K 7.5K 46
This story is told from two perspectives. From someone who longed for all life had to offer, Kalíanna, who had the ideal life that many would kill fo...