BTS House of Cards || Vocal l...

By In-A-World-Of-My-Own

♤♢ Jin hates the fact that he's fallen in love with you. Taehyung yearns to be with you. Jimin's guilt builds... More

A/N
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
IMPORTANT A/N (New Story Coming Soon?)
12
13
14
15
17
18

16

1.1K 52 10
By In-A-World-Of-My-Own

"Listen all I'm saying is that having bottomless mimosas kind of sounds like an idea."

"Yeah a dumb one."

"Oh shut up, Momo. Chaeng, you in?"

"I'm in! Momo, c'mon!"

"Okay fine."

You were all sitting outside a restaurant. The girls all decided to have a brunch date. It was a shame that Mina couldn't come. She had something come up. Chaeyoung wanted to invite Jennie or Jisoo but both girls actually had plans to go shopping and get their nails done. It ended up being the group that wanted to kill each other that were currently together and forming a bond over brunch and well now...mimosas.

While Nayeon was busy ordering your mimosas, Chaeyoung and Momo were taking pictures of one another to share on their whatever media platform they had in mind. They were doing dramatic poses. You couldn't help but laugh.

"Ew, Momo I look ugly. Take it again." Chaeyoung whines.

"Bitch, you're gonna have to pay me." Momo laughs.

You feel your phone buzz and you check your notifications. You pray it isn't your boss asking if you could come in. You had been working all week with long shifts. Today should be your precious day off.

"Dude," you cover your mouth. "No way."

All the girls turn their heads toward you. Nayeon lifts herself from her seat to peek over your phone, "Fuck him. A waste of time."

  "Tell us!" Momo yelps.

  Chaeyoung peers over your shoulder herself, "Block him."

  "Dude I feel bad leaving him on read all the time. He's been wanting to talk to me." You sigh.

"Baby, what is there to talk about? C'mon now! He cheated on you. Jungkook can go to hell." Chaeyoung says angrily.

"I mean...we're kind of cool now." You mumble.

"Cool?" Momo stops the glass cup from touching her lips to respond.

"There isn't much bad blood between us anymore." You say.

Nayeon shakes her head, "Well that doesn't sound good."

"What do you mean?" You question.

"Well that means you guys can get back together, duh. You guys aren't the...healthiest couple either." Chaeyoung shrugs nonchalantly.

It kind of stung hearing that again. It reminded you of when Taehyung pointed out everyone possibly knowing how bad your relationship was but hardly ever speaking out. You don't say anything to Rosé since it was the truth. You just bite your tongue.

"Why not go on other dates, (Y/n)? You're pretty and have a nice personality. I know you've been hanging out with Tae a lot." Momo smiles.

"And Jin!" Nayeon adds in.

"Dude, we're just friends." You respond.

"Yeah sure," Nayeon begins to drink her mimosa as she passes one to you. "That's how it always starts."

"Wouldn't you give Jimin a chance? He's pretty cute!" Momo chirps.

"Oh yeah! Have you even talked to him recently?" Chaeyoung asks.

"Eh, occasionally. It's still a little weird how he confessed his feelings." You admit.

  "The timing is what she means." Chaeyoung throws in which diminishes the confusion between Momo and Nayeon.

  "Okay but besides the bad timing and lying, Jimin really does care about you." Nayeon says.

  "I think all four of them do. It's clear as day Jungkook wants you back in his life. Whether it be as his girlfriend or as a friend." Momo speculates.

  You pout. Chaeyoung rubs your shoulders, "You don't need a man to complete you. You don't need a relationship at all. You're strong, y'know that? You've been through so much. Don't jump into anything you're not ready for. Good god, especially for a shitty guy."

  "Cheers to that!" Momo lifts up her glass.

  You all clink your glasses together and giggle. Nayeon nods, "Chaeyoung's right, (Y/n). Celebrate the small accomplishments! You moved out, are working, getting school done, and you're getting help."

  "Oh yeah, you said you just started going to therapy. How's that?" Momo questions.

  "It's alright. It's not a cure for anything, but it sure does help to talk things out." You smile.

  "That's our girl." Chaeyoung hugs you and kisses your temple.

  "You texted me the other day that you're looking at buying a car too! Ugh (Y/n), you're doing so much better without a man in your life." Nayeon complains.

  "I try my best." You smile as you drink.

  You currently had your head thrown back with your hand on your stomach. Nayeon was giggling while Momo had her head down along with Chaeyoung. You felt sick from all the food and mimosas. A combo you weren't looking forward to throwing up later if it came down to it.

"Let's just...let's just...let's just..." Nayeon slurs.

"Please god, I'll never touch alcohol again. Just take this feeling away!" Momo pleads.

Chaeyoung groans, "I'm gonna die like this?"

"Walk it off." Nayeon finishes.

You felt the most sober among them all. You decided to pay for the meal. However, once you stood up, you felt like your head was spinning. Chaeyoung notices and grabs your arm as you four walk out the restaurant with annoyed stares shooting at your group. You want to apologize, but you were too drunk too.

"Call Mina." Momo says.

"Mina's at work!" Nayeon squeaks. "We can...just walk it off."

"I don't wanna look at food. Please for the love of god." You moan.

"Momo was right. (Y/n)!" Chaeyoung tries grabbing you, but you fall.

She falls with you, but she begins laughing. You're rolling around trying to get up. However, you both fail and start cackling. Nayeon and Momo try helping you, but you're all too drunk to function.

"I'm gonna piss myself!" You squeal.

"This was a bad idea!" Momo laughs.

Nayeon sits on the ground against the wall, "I'm gonna call...wait who?"

You crawl over to her, "Any of the guys."

Momo burps, "No, call Sana."

Why did that name sound so familiar?

"She's gonna be mad we didn't invite her." Nayeon warns.

"I'll text her." Momo says while dragging Chaeyoung to you.

  "Lemme call...Chu." Chaeyoung slurs.

  "She's at work." You giggle.

  "Sana!" Momo yells into the phone.

  While Momo was trying to communicate a simple sentence, you were staring up into the sky. It looked so pretty. You have no idea if it was because you were drunk, but you smiled at the sky. Chaeyoung notices and looks up too.

"Okay, yeah we're here!" Momo continues.

"What did she say?" Nayeon groans.

  "She's gonna pull up in a few. She said she's kind of busy, but she's a little hurt she wasn't invited." Momo pouts.

  Nayeon rolls her eyes, "She's gonna start whining to us later. We should have called one of the guys."

  You feel Chaeyoung's head on your shoulder. "I wanna call Taehyung or Jin." You mutter.

Chaeyoung shakes her head, "They already hit up their friend. Don't bother the guys."

You feel you head spinning. A few minutes pass, and you see a car pull up. The window lowers down, and it's the same pretty girl from the business party. Your eyes widen.

Great, you think.

"Oh my god," she chuckles. She gets out from the passenger seat, and you see that she has some type of chauffeur. "I could not understand a single word. Thank god Momo's sharing her location with me."

"Help us." Nayeon slurs her words.

She helps Nayeon up while Momo tries picking you up, but she fails herself. Sana can't stop giggling, "Well I get you dummies to my place, and I'll try sobering you up. I have a business meeting in an hour."

"Sorry this is your first impression of me. I'm Chaeyoung, but you can call me Rosé." Chaeyoung apologizes.

Sana shrugs with a grin, "It makes an interesting story. I'm Sana by the way."

All of you are in the car. Sana turns to face you all in the backseat, "It's been a while, huh!"

  You look at her and nod. "Yeah."

  Momo raises her eyebrows, "You know each other?"

  "We met at a business party! I didn't know you were friends with Momo and Nayeon too! What a small world." Sana chirps.

  "Truly." You respond.

  Chaeyoung looks over at you and whispers, "You okay, (Y/n)? You're being a little rude."

  "I'm just...drunk and tired." You sigh.

  "Can you drop us off at our place? I don't wanna intrude-"

Sana cuts off Chaeyoung, "Ah, no! It's okay. You guys can just come over to my place. I can sober you up before you go back home."

"Oh, uh, thanks." Chaeyoung murmurs as she slumps in her seat.

Moments later, you find yourself in Sana's home. A penthouse. Of course, her dad has money. You're not saying she didn't work for it herself, but if your family has money, the chances of you having a nice place is a lot higher. The view at her place was a lot nicer than Hoseok's.

  "This is so nice compared to our dump." Chaeyoung laughs.

  "You should see her childhood home back in Japan. It's like a castle!" Momo exclaims.

  "You're Japanese?" Chaeyoung asks.

  "Yeah! Momo, Mina, and I all grew up in Japan. We went to the same girls academy together for a bit and decided to go to university here in Korea." She explains.

  "For business and marketing." Momo adds in.

  Nayeon slumps on her couch, "I'm gonna nap here until I'm sober."

  "I'm gonna go use the nice bathroom upstairs." Momo says as she struggles to get up the stairs.

  "You two need anything? Snacks?" Sana smiles.

  "Just water." You grin.

  "I'll take the same thing please." Chaeyoung says as she wobbles to the couch.

  As Sana comes back, she sets the water down on her coffee table. She sits next to Nayeon who's somewhat still conscious. "I'm so glad to see you again!"

You grab the glass and take a sip, "Same here. How's business?"

"Great! My father's been successful from Jungkook's help. He's trying out China next. He's aiming for East Asia before trying out anything else. Investors sure are hard to convince." She chuckles.

  "You know Jungkook?" Chaeyoung asks.

  "We've known each other since we were younger. Jungkook and Jimin came to Japan when their fathers were trying to make business in Japan." She says.

  "Fuck Jungkook." Nayeon slurs.

  You snort, "Ignore her."

  "Family issues?" Sana questions.

  "Family?" Chaeyoung raises an eyebrow.

  Your face drops. Dumbass Jungkook had to come up with the lie that you're cousins. You don't even know how to respond. You try ignoring the comment. However, everyone is waiting for your response.

"Its complicated." You respond. You look around, "Can I use your bathroom?"

Sana nods. She points to a hallway, "Down the hall. To your left. Feel free to use anything in there, love."

God, she is so nice, you think.

You make your way towards the bathroom. You're dizzy, sure. You sit down on the toilet. You just feel weird. Do you keep up with Jungkook's lie? Fuck Jungkook, but this is his father's business.

You flush the toilet and wash your hands. You didn't do anything, but you walk back like a deer on ice. You see Chaeyoung by herself with a snoring Nayeon. Sana's probably somewhere upstairs with Momo.

"You okay?" Chaeyoung murmurs.

"Chaeng, follow anything I say." You command.

"What? Why?" She asks.

"Just follow my lead in anything, got it?" You repeat as you sit next to her.

She gives you a questioning look. You hear Sana belt, "Ah, come in! Come in!"

"Dahyun's so persistent. We sent an email that the meeting was canceled. She wanted to come and give an apology gift." You hear a woman's voice that sounded too familiar.

"Ah, that's no problem! I have company here anyway! Your family too!" Sana claps.

I should've texted one of the guys, you sigh mentally.

You had to do a double take when you turned your head. Not only was Jimin there, so was Jungkook. There were two pretty girls there too. You have no clue who the girl running up to Nayeon is, but the woman next to Jungkook is the one who scolded Yerim at the party. You think its her older sister.

"Bunny! Bunny! Bunny!" The girl with jet black hair chirps as she pinches Nayeon's cheeks.

"Rude..." The woman mutters under her breath.

"Ah, its so nice to have company over," Sana looks at her phone as she sets a gift basket down. "I wish my chef back at home was here. She makes such amazing food. I would have loved for you all to try it."

"You act like we don't eat cheap street food." The girl poking Nayeon says.

"Oh, these are my friends." Sana smacks her head. "You guys know the boys. However, this here is Dahyun and this is Irene!"

"Bae Joohyun," she corrects. "Its nice to meet all of you."

You can't help but stare at her like the first time. She was like snow. Beautiful yet cold. She seemed so elegant and poised. As if she knew her worth and how to be respected. You wish you were somewhat like her. Untouchable yet desirable.

"You can help yourselves to anything here in this gift basket. Come here, sit." Sana motions to both you and the rest who are standing.

"Who knew you'd have so much company. Drunk girls and fancy people in one room," Chaeyoung jokes. She looks around awkwardly as no one responds. She clears her throat, "I'm uh, Rosé. I mean, Chaeyoung."

"I'm (Y/n)." You say. You can't help but notice that Joohyun looks bothered that you both not bothering to stand up and properly shake hands.

"So what did you idiots get into this time." Jimin sits back and smiles.

You point at Nayeon, "She had the smart idea to order mimosas."

"All of you suck at handling alcohol." He snickers.

  You don't even bother looking at Jungkook. You're not mad at him anymore, but it's kind of suspicious he's with Sana now. It couldn't just be the interest of his father's company now is it? Then again, why do you care? Ignore him.

  "They were bottomless." Chaeyoung shrugs with puckered lips.

  Jimin throws his head back to laugh, "Even worse."

  "Next time, we should all drink here. I would love to have brunch with you all." Sana suggests as she sits next to Joohyun.

  "Eh," you wince. Sana tilts her head at your wince. You laugh nervously, "Alcohol brings out the worst in our group. Best bet is for us to all be sober having fun and enjoying food."

  "More like Jungkook." Nayeon slurs.

  "Nayeon!" Dahyun smacks her forehead.

  "I'm so sorry about that." Sana apologizes for her drunk friend.

  "It's nothing. It's true. I can't handle my alcohol well. Most of the girls in this room know that." He admits.

  Joohyun takes it the wrong way, "That's...concerning."

  Nayeon bolts up quickly. She almost hits Dahyun in the face. "Oh, but you should have seen it! Man, fuck Jungkook! What a fucking dog, am I right (Y/n)?!"

  You look around and laugh nervously, "Yeah. It's fine though. It's fine."

  Sana clears her throat, "Don't dish out their family issues if you know them, Nayeon. It's rude, and you shouldn't stick your nose into other people's business."

  Nayeon's laugh is high pitched. She claps, but it almost seems like a fake laugh. The sleepiness from your eyes has left. You feel like the commotion has sobered you up a bit. You hope Nayeon can shut up.

  "Family?" Jimin raises an eyebrow.

  "Yeah! Family!" Your smile is tight and uncomfortable.

  Jungkook looks as nervous as you do. This dumbass. Why would he lie to someone like Sana. Not only a pretty girl who likes him, but a girl who's the daughter of the CEO he wants to make business with. He totally forgot about the lie until now.

  "What family!? Unless (Y/n) is pregnant for some damn reason? Good one guys! Good one! Some family!" She laughs.

  Chaeyoung grabs Nayeon's arm, "Momo needs us in the bathroom!"

  As Chaeyoung drags a drunk Nayeon away, you're all left in silent. That is, until Sana opens her mouth. "I thought you guys were cousins?" She asks.

  Joohyun gasps, "Cousins?"

  "COUSINS?" Dahyun's eyes are wide, mouth agape like she's disgusted. "Can that happen in Korea?! Do you guys have the same last name?"

  "I'm not his cousin!" You admit.

  "They're not cousins," Jimin helps you out. "They're exes. I don't know what the hell this is about, but Jungkook isn't related to her. They met in high school and just recently broke up."

  "Why lie?" Sana looks a bit irritated.

  You point at Jungkook, "C'mon now. Spill."

  "I just thought you were interested in me. Maybe, getting you on my side and saying I didn't have a girlfriend would make me have better chances with the comp-"

  Sana raises her hand to stop listening, "So using me."

  Jungkook looks down with shame, "Yes."

  She clears her throat, "First of all Jungkook, I was sixteen when I liked you. We're in our twenties. Get over yourself. Second, I'm interested in someone else. I'm only nice to you because I've known you for so long as a friend. However, things might change a bit after hearing this."

  "I understand." He clears his throat.

  "(Y/n), I'm also a bit disappointed you kept up with the lie. You could have easily dismissed it at the party." She snaps.

  "Yeah, it wasn't okay that I did that." You admit.

  "Business is business. It's nothing to play with, especially with children. Jungkook, I won't be having further business meetings with you. I'd much rather invite your father. We can stay friends, but I really won't forget this if you inherit your father's company. I'll be sure to let him know too." She gets up and heads upstairs.

  You get up and walk outside. You feel like you were just scolded by your own mom. You feel disappointed and dirty. That felt like shit.

  "(Y/n), I'm sorry." Jungkook quickly follows.

  You shrug, "I don't know if she'll wanna continue being my friend. I don't blame her. It's your dad's company though. You came up with the lie."

  "Why'd you try and help back me up there? You didn't have to?" He asks.

  "Like I said, it's your dad's company not yours. I was covering for his son's little lie." You say.

  "Want me to take you home?" He jingles his keys.

  "Not really," you say nonchalantly. "I'm texting Jin and Tae. If they can't, I can take the bus or order a ride."

  "I see." He stands there next to you. "When you have the time, can we talk? You never answer my texts, so I guess this is the only time you can actually answer and hear me."

  "Yeah, when I have time I'll get back to you." You nod.

  He notices you have no smile, "Promise?"

  "When I have time, I'll get back to you." You repeat.

  He looks down, "Cool."

  He wants to be bitter but can't. He knows that you hang out with Taehyung or Jin. He knows you're not as mean to Jimin. He envies the three of them. He didn't see what he once had, and he wants to rip his hair out.

  You give him an awkward grin, "Cool. See you later, Jungkook."

  Stupid Jin waves at him with a smile when he comes to pick you up. Jungkook could only smile to not be a dick. He sees you give Jin a big hug. You're laughing and smiling. Chaeyoung follows and just gives a peace sign to Jungkook. He does it back.

  "Cool." He repeats to himself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

234K 5.3K 35
Jeon Jungkook, a responsible man who prioritize his family, transfer to a new school. He's childhood best friend Taehyung is also studying there, Jun...
29.2K 655 23
Y/N: how ca you do this to me, i gave you my heart V (crying) Tae: haha, who want to love a girl like you... i never loved you.. i made a bet ...
220K 9.7K 59
"Papa, where is Daddy? We always celebrate Christmas together.." Jimin looked away, avoiding his son's eyes, "Dad is with someone else currently..."...
4.5K 164 27
Sung Jikyo- just a girl who suffered first from being diagnosed with an unknown heart disease, then from falling in love with a boy who used to be ag...