Spectrum of Sleep

By Zshaiiinnn

She couldn't remember anything. Woke up in a dark cold place, Elliot Mirage must now find a way out, but if o... More

CHAPTER I | ELLIOT MIRAGE
CHAPTER II | WORRIED OLD HAG
CHAPTER III | QUEEN
CHAPTER IV | I SEE YOU.
CHAPTER V | MISUNDERSTOOD.
chapter vi | small
CHAPTER VII | YOU STUPID OLD DRUNK.
CHAPTER VIII | SEED OF HATRED.
CHAPTER IX | How Does It Feel?
CHAPTER X | What Happened?
CHAPTER XI | New Path.
CHAPTER 12 | Witch? Oh Honey, Look At Me. I Am One.
CHAPTER XIII | What The Hell Was That?
CHAPTER XIV | Why?
CHAPTER XV | My Old Man.
CHAPTER XVI | Yurian, You Snake!
CHAPTER XVII | Just Keep Moving.
CHAPTER XVIII | Two Sides of The Same Coin (Part 1)
CHAPTER XX | An Ending, But A New Beginning With You.

CHAPTER XIX | Two Sides of The Same Coin (Part 2)

8 3 0
By Zshaiiinnn

Dark fur started to grow out of her body. Her eyes began to turn red and multiply. As her body got carried off the ground by her eight new arms, she looked at us and screamed.

The three of us froze in shock to see a giant Queen spider. She charged towards us with no hesitation. We jumped out of the way and dodged. Yurian quickly got up on his feet and drew out his sword. He swung it at The Queen trying to cut one of its legs, but failed. She hit Yurian with two legs and he went flying into a wall. Brandon rushed behind me to try and get his sword. As soon as he got it in his hands, he charged towards the Queen. Brandon was dodging the attacks swiftly.

I just stood there and watched everything. We wouldn't win against her this way. We needed a leverage. I looked around me and saw a half destroyed pillar, tall enough for a jump. I quickly headed for it.

Brandon kept dodging the hits of The Queen that went flying to him, left and right. He was getting tired, thus he couldn't dodge the one that went for his back. He went sliding to the other side of the room. I got to the pillar quickly and started climbing it. The Queen noticed this and headed for me. Yurian regained consciousness. He saw the Queen rush to me and so, he threw a bottle of Elixir at her legs. She cried in pain as the elixir burned them. I climbed up to the top of the pillar and readied myself. Yurian got up and tried to hold back the Queen from me.

"BRANDON!" I called out to him. He understood quickly and threw his sword to me.

I jumped off of the pillar, caught the sword and turned it on. As I went down on the Queen, I swung the flaming sword down on her neck, cutting if off clean.

I crashed on the floor, as the head of The Queen fell down, and its body collapsing. The two boys rushed to me quickly and helped me get up.

"Is it over?" Brandon asked, panting.

"I think so..." Yurian answered. "She won't be able to heal from that."

"I'm counting on it." I said. "But why's nothing happening?"

We stood there for a while, panting and catching our breaths, waiting for something to happen. The ground suddenly rumbled. As I looked around, everything was breaking apart. Everything began to shatter like glass. I panicked and moved around. I felt the floor I stood on getting weak. As I looked down, the ground shattered. I fell into a dark abyss.

I screamed but Brandon and Yurian couldn't hear me. I kept falling and falling until my vision went dark. It felt like I passed out.

I regained consciousness after I don't know how long. It was total silence and darkness for minutes. It was like I floated in a complete void. Lady, it suddenly echoed. Hey Lady! Hey! It echoed again. Those words repeated again and again, echoing loudly in this void. It kept on repeating for many minutes. Finally, it echoed one last time loudly. Then, I woke up.

I was back in the real world... Well, but not fully. I was back in my car. I was sitting in the front passenger seat. In the driver's sat me. There was two of me in the car. I think I'm having another flashback memory, I thought. But I can't remember what's this memory or when it happened.

The other me – that's driving – was in work clothes. I thought maybe that this was just another day going to work. What's so special about a normal workday? I asked in my mind.

The other me was drinking coffee while driving and talking to someone on the phone. The call was connected to the car's speakers. It seemed like a very important call because I talked so calmly and formal. I also noticed that were going fast. I realized that she was running late and was driving as fast as she could.

I looked at the road we were driving on. It was the same road I drove on every day I went to work, with the same happenings and activities going around. We were closing up on a traffic ligh and it was still green. Other me sped up a bit to try and catch it while ending the call.

She looked at the phone in front of her for a second, and when she turned her eyes back at the road, an old lady suddenly appeared in front of us crossing the road. The brakes were immediately pounded on. The phone fell down to the front passenger seat's leg space as the coffee in her hands spilled all over her.

Other me groaned in pain as the hot coffee now all over her clothes and skin burned. She looked at the road and saw the old lady still crossing. She was so furious at her that she got out of the car.

"Lady! Hey Lady! Hey!" She yelled, calling her attention.

The old lady turned to her in confusion. "Hmmm?" She answered.

"What the hell's wrong with you, huh? Didn't your mother taught you to look left and right first before crossing the street?" Other me raised her voice.

"What do you mean?" The old lady replied frailly. "The traffic light was red and so I crossed the pedestrian lane. What did I do wrong?"

Elliot glanced at the traffic light to see it was red. "You could've just let me pass first. Can't you see that I was speeding up to catch it? I could've made it if it weren't for you, you old hag!"

The old lady's face changed. She was very displeased at the term Elliot used on her and on her raising her voice. "Now, now, you watch your vulgar mouth young lady! I was following traffic rules here. What about you and your 'speeding up' huh? It's clearly you who is at wrong here!" The old lady bantered back.

"Oh!? So it's my fault my coffee got spilled like shit all over me!? Wow, amazing," Elliot replied giving a sarcastic chuckle. "You know what, forget it. I'm just going to go on my way, because people like you can't comprehend simple things like these because your brain is too old for you!"

"Clearly, people like can't accept a simple fault because you're too busy on being prideful on the things you do as an elitist. Blaming anything else but yourselves." The old lady replied. She raised her finger and taunted at Elliot, "Mark my words, karma will come for you sooner than later." She said.

Elliot scoffed and quickly got back into the car. The old lady crossed the road completely. Elliot bent to the side and tried to reach for her phone on the passenger's seat leg space, but the light suddenly turned green. Cars behind her started honking, and she pushed the go pedal of the car as she continued to reach for her phone. She grabbed a hold of it and quickly bent back up.

As we were halfway through crossing the intersection, a loud honking came from our left as a large truck went right at us. Elliot turned as suddenly the truck crashed onto us. For a moment, everything was in slow motion. The glass shards flying in the air, the people turning their heads at us, our car getting plowed to left.

The quickly, everything reverted back into normal speed. Our crashed and rolled on the street. On the final crash, I suddenly got pulled into the ground as it shattered like glass. I was falling again into the abyss. I screamed, but there was no sound that echoed in the void.

I was back at that dark cold place that I've been at the beginning of this journey.

I landed on the ground and groaned in pain. I quickly sat up and panicked. "No, no, no, no, no! This can't be" I exclaimed. I turned and turned and looked around me. Suddenly, I saw a fire up ahead. I quickly ran towards it.

The cold temperature didn't freeze me this time as adrenaline was pumping through my me, eager to get out of this place. As I got close, I once again felt the solid ground, and the heat of the fire. But something was different this time. Someone else was sitting there. I stopped for a moment and stood still by the fire.

"Hello?" I called out. It turned and looked at me. "Holy shit." I was so shocked at who was there with me. It was a little girl. It was little me.

"Did you finally see it?" She spoke. "How it all happened?"

I didn't answer for a moment and chuckled. "So that was it. That was what put us in a coma." I paused for a moment and looked up, as if there was something to look at besides complete darkness. "Damn, I can't believe it was still our fault."

We were silent for a couple of minutes. The woods burning in the fire crackled as I embraced its warmth.

"So you did it, huh." She spoke again. "You got rid of me? Your demon?" She added.

I turned back my head to her. "No. I can't get rid of you. You're a part of me. I only learned to live above you." She looked at me all sad. Tears were streaming down her face. "It's okay. You're still me, and I accept that. We're just two sides of the same coin."

"Do you forgive me?" She asked.

"Of course, I do. Part of change is forgiving and accepting oneself." I answered. "If it weren't for you... I wouldn't have realized any of this." I added.

She smiled at me and began to cry.

I suddenly felt weak. I fell back onto the ground and closed my eyes. As I opened them again, I was back with Yurian and Brandon.

"It's over." I muttered. A loud rumbling echoed from afar. The houses, the castle began to collapse. We immediately got out of the house. We ran down the streets of the Kingdom grounds and passed the gate.

The rumbling became stronger and stronger every minute, and everything in sight began to fade away. A loud beeping echoed from the sky.

We rushed into the field where Mom, Fiercey and Dad were at. "What's happening!?" Mom questioned.

"It's over!" I answered, "I think I'm waking up."

Dad suddenly felt dizzy. He stumbled into the ground and began to shrink. Mom's horns started to disappear too, and so did her magic. Fiercey was reverting back into her cat form. They were all back to normal. The way I saw them finally changed. I didn't see them as monsters anymore, but people now. Dad wasn't an ogre anymore, Mom wasn't a witch, and Fiercey wasn't a beast. I huddled in closer to them to try and say our final goodbyes.

"I guess this is goodbye!" I said to Mom and Dad.

"You did a good work, kiddo. We're proud of you." Dad replied.

I hugged both of them as tight as I could. "I'm happy we had the second chance together." I whispered. "I love you both." I said letting go. I walked towards Fiercey to caress her head one last time. "Thank you, for giving me a second chance with you, Fiercey." I said embracing her. She embraced back. "I'll come pick you up when I wake up." I said, letting go of her. I turned to Brandon for the final goodbye. He just stood there waiting for me.

"So uh... I guess this is it." He said. "It's been a long journey with you."

"Shut up and kiss me." I muttered as I pulled him close to me. My lips touching his. He embraced me back and kissed. After a minute, I let go. "I'll come find you in real life," I smiled at him.

"You better do." He replied.

I took a step back from them. I looked at Yurian and muttered the words, "Thank you Yurian. Goodbye."

"Thank you." He responded.

I looked at all of them one last time and smiled as everything was crashing down. It was a lovely sight, seeing all of them together as the sun began to set behind them. A single teardrop fell from my eye as they slowly faded away. And just like that, everything went dark.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

633 71 20
When Sadie wakes up in a forest with no memories, an injury she can't explain, and a stranger standing over her, it's enough to change her life. Whe...
159 3 24
This is the story of a young man by the name of Alexander C. Elliott who seemed like an ordinary college student who started attending New Gene Colle...
The Follower By Yassin Yasser

Mystery / Thriller

379 48 10
Life has evolved and more technologies appeared. The internet is the main brain of these technologies, but that doesn't mean that it's safe. It is sa...
424 24 42
Abandoned by her own father and ridiculed by her step mother and sister, Elliot strives to survive everyday. That is, until a horrific night brings a...