Broken American Girl (Michael...

By pastelpurpleclifford

It's easy to simply stay in a relationship, whether it's healthy or not, for fear of being alone. The fear of... More

///DESCRIPTION///
1-Racing Thoughts/Should Know Better
2-Small Smile/Oh My God!
3-Performance/Frantic
4-Blonde?/Sirens
5-Give It Up/Like A Sleepover
6-Decorating/Excitement
7-Shopping/Scaredy Cat
8-What Are What?/Date Details
9-Sick Again/Changes?
10-Nando's/Bail An Interview Like This
11-Take All The Heartbreak Away/Fan Reaction
12-Fan Visit/Phone Call
13-More Confused Than Ever/May I Help You?
14-The Girl Who Can't Be Moved/Your Girlfriend Happened
16-Now You See Him/You're Hurt
17-Police/Failed
18-Realization/Jealous
19-Cheater/Reunite
20-Psychological Problems/Confession
21-Butterflies/Letter
22-Try Hard/Threat
23-Discharged?!/Wrong Moment
24-Cali Arrival/Phone Call
25-Decisions/Sneaky Performance
26-Regret/Explanation
27-Dinner/Embarrassing
28-That's What Men Do/Getting Ready
29-The Brits/Mine
30-Please../Goodbye?
31-Heartache/That's More Like It
32-Butt-Called/Engaged?
33-Heart-To-Heart/Heart Attack
34-Shout Louder/Insist
35-Sheet Fort/Blacking Out
36-Shit In These Situations/Gone Blind
37-Alone Time/Breathing Support
38-Did You Hear?../Love Affair
39-Discharge/6 Years?!
40-Questions/Nightmare
41-Getting Funky/August 2nd
42-Single Tear/Giant Teddy Bear
43-Texts/Moved On
44-Puke/Whatever!
45-Stealing/In The Mood
46-You Guys Are So Cute/Like A Princess
47-You Got Chicken?/Told You
48-It's About You/Most Truthful Bullshit
49-3 Weeks../Girlfriend
50-Promo/Attack
51-In a Daze/Weak
52-Giggles/Flirt
53-Sick/Remember?
54-Christmas Eve/I Have No Say
55-Test/Anticipation
56-Bad Reaction/Unexpected
57-Uncontrollable/Frozen
58-Guardian/Paparazzi
59-Lonely/Half-heartedly
60-Tour/Icy Glare
61-Accusation/Bad Timing
62-Emotional Pain
Sequel
OMG

15-Paparazzi/As Slow As You Want

354 13 2
By pastelpurpleclifford

-1 Month Later-
-Kyra's POV-

"Baby?" I heard a gentle whisper softly tickle my ear. I groaned and harshly opened my eyes to see Michael hovering over me with a sweet smile.

"Hi." I spoke quietly, smiling up at the guitarist, who chuckled lightly.

"Is there a particular reason your laying over me?" I asked cheekily, moving my hand and bopping Michael on the nose.

"Just wanted to see your beautiful face." I laughed and inwardly gagged, which made Michael laugh. I turned my head to see the time and it soon dawned on me what the day was. I quickly sprung out of my bed and hurried around Michael's room, not totally sure what I was looking for.

"Ky? You alright?" Mikey asked, concerned.

"Yeah, just thinking of inspiration for my first single. I remember Simon texting me saying that he didn't wanna put any sort of stress or pressure on me but I needed a song by Saturday, and it's Wednesday today."

"Didn't you say you were writing a song about me?" Mike asked, slowly getting out of bed and putting a pair of black skinny jeans on from the floor.

"Oh my god yeah! I remember now, I started writing it the night I came home from hospital as Lou had Sophie for the night. I need to find the notebook!" I rushed out of the room in search for my book.

"Is this it babe?" Mikey called as he walked into the lounge holding my notebook in his hand.

"Yes yes yes! Thank you Mikey!" I took it from his grasp, kissing him on his cheek and looking through the pages, trying to find the unfinished song. I passed loads of childish songs that I wrote when I was 10, something about my favourite things and whatever.

When You're Gone

"Okay so you're gunna stay here and I'm gunna go in the kitchen so I can write in peace." I smiled wickedly and hurried into the kitchen before closing the door.

"Baby why can't I see it? I swear I will only read a few lines.." he pleaded, knocking on the door. I could only imagine that he is pouting.

"Nope I'm sorry Mike, all you're allowed to know is that it's about you. It's more than anyone else knows, they don't even know that I'm writing a song! You're already ahead." I laughed.

"They know now.." he said. My cracked phone beeped from it's place on the kitchen counter, I rush to retrieve it and gasp at the notification.

@Michael5SOS I'm not allowed to see a song that @KyraWrightXO is writing! No fair :'((

"Mikey!" I groan, knowing that this will spark rumours that he is now back with me. Hate is something that I really don't need but it's obviously going to happen eventually.

"Yeah princess?" I jumped as I felt Mike's breath on my neck; he has basically cornered me and he has a shit eating grin on his face. I guess I didn't notice him pushing the door open because I was stuck in my thoughts.

"That fucking tweet will cause loads of rumours about us!" I tried to act angry but I completely failed, laughing shortly after.

"But are they rumours?" He muttered, digging his head into my neck again, standing up straight a few seconds later with a huge smirk plastered across his face. He began laughing and and poking my neck, I looked and- IS THAT A HICKEY?!

"MICHAEL GORDON CLIFFORD!" I shouted, pushing him and crossing my arms. He laughed and ran into the lounge before jumping onto the love seat not that far away. I ran after him and landed on him, straddling him and pinning his arms above his head so he couldn't tickle me or move.

"Oh so you like it like this do you?" He smirked.

"Just shut up for 2 seconds will you?" I demanded, seriousness in my voice. He nodded.

"Did you forget that you are still with Chloe? By contract, you're not allowed to be anywhere near me or have any sort of contact with me. Tweeting that and this fucking thing on my neck will cause loads of shit! Management will flip at you! Chloe won't be too happy with me will she? C'mon Mike I love you and everything but seriously. Think things through.." My grip on his arms loosened and he lifted his arms and wrapped them around me, cuddling me and kissing my forehead as angry tears trickled down my cheeks.

"I know baby, but to be honest I really don't care what anyone, including management or Chloe, thinks. I love you so much and I'm not letting a stupid contract get in the way of that, and I'm sure the fans will be happy."

"Okay I'm changing the subject, could you be absolutely amazing and take Sophie out for a few hours? I need to clean and everything, and i can't do that with her rolling everywhere on the floor and crying all the time.." I rested my chin on Michael's clothed chest, smiling sweetly.

"Yeah alright, where is she?" I pointed towards my bedroom, signalling that she was still asleep.

-One Hour Later-

Michael has taken Sophie food shopping as we are seriously low on food and it's a simple place that I'm sure she will find amazing. I decided that I would use this time to complete my song.

Within an hour of constant writing and changing the chords, I had finished the final line.

I always needed time on my own
I never thought I'd need you there when I cry
And the days feel like years when I'm alone
And the bed where you lie
Is made up on your side

When you walk away
I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now?

When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear to always get me through the day
And make it OK
I miss you

I've never felt this way before
Everything that I do reminds me of you
And the clothes you left, they lie on the floor
And they smell just like you,
I love the things that you do

When you walk away
I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now?

When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear to always get me through the day
And make it OK
I miss you

We were made for each other
Out here forever
I know we were, yeah, yeah
All I ever wanted was for you to know
Everything I do, I give my heart and soul
I can hardly breathe, I need to feel you here with me, yeah

When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear will always get me through the day
And make it OK
I miss you

"That was so good!" I was startled by the voice of Cara, who was leaning against the doorframe of the front door.

"Oh my god, Cara you terrified me! I thought you were Mikey!"

"Oh I guess that song is about him?" I nodded and walked up the stairs to hide the notebook.

"Oh um, Kyra! Michael's coming but he doesn't look so happy!" Cara spoke quickly as she ran up the stairs and into the wardrobe in our room.

"Hey Mikey? You alright?" I asked cautiously, walking down the stairs slowly and stopping on the third step, looking at him expectedly.

"Those fucking paparazzi! They seriously need to learn the truth and just fuck off!" He growled, going to take Sophie out of the pushchair. His cheeks glowing a spine-tingling red.

"Um, I don't think that's a good idea Mike, go cool off or something.." I shooed him away as I took Sophie from his arms. He took a deep breath and walked towards the cinema room before slamming the door, which made me flinch. Moments later, I heard multiple things hit the door, indicating that Michael was throwing things. I tried to not panic- he is only angry with the paparazzi and he wouldn't hurt me.

"Fuck off! Leave me alone!" Michael shouted, his voice cracking indicating that he was crying. I put Sophie on her playmat and carefully stepped towards the door.

"Mikey?" I whispered softly, opening the door slightly. Michael was crouched at the end of the stairs, phone pressed to his ear, the slight murmur of someone talking on the other side.

"Why? No, I refuse to start the tour unless her and I can be together properly, with no contract involved.." Is he talking about Chloe? I stepped down the first few steps, hoping he would notice so I wouldn't have to talk.i gulped as he saw me in the corner of his eye and ended his call quickly, holding his arms open for me to walk into.

"What's up babe?" I asked, looking up into his eyes.

"Paparazzi saying things- horrible things that you don't wanna hear.." he spoke softly, putting his forehead against mine.

"Why? Was it about me? You?-"

"Sophie. They surrounded us at the shop.."

"WHAT?!"

"Baby, calm down. It's okay-"

"Well it really isn't if they are talking about my daughter!" I shouted, standing from Mike's grip and storming out of the room, towards the kitchen to retrieve my phone. I need to call Simon..

"Hello? Kyra?"

"Hey Si, I'm sorry if it's a bad time, I know how busy you are.." I apologised.

"No, no I'm actually having a day off today, it's needed."

"Oh okay, um you couldn't somehow get today's CCTV from the supermarket near our house could you? It's important."

"Um, well that's a unusual request but I will try my best. I will ring you when and if I have it."

"Thank you so much Simon, I owe you." I smiled.

"It's whatever Kyra, how's the song coming along?"

"It's finished, just need the tune and stuff now, the lyrics are done."

"that's great, studio at 10 on Saturday?"

"Of course! Right I need to go now thanks again Si."

"Okay, bye Kyra."

I hung up and sighed. Why would they talk about Sophie? She hasn't done anything to anyone. I felt the warmth of two arms trailing around my waist, knowing it was Michael, I turned and put my arms around his shoulders. I smiled as I felt him picking me up and I instantly wrapped my legs around his waist. No words were spoken as he walked to the lounge and sat down on the sofa with me in his lap. Sophie began to make noises that sounded like words, I looked towards her to find that she was already looking at me. I smiled, and spoke in baby sounds, she replied again. This time Mikey joined in and we were having a three-way conversation about absolutely nothing using no English.

"What are we?" I asked randomly, leaning against Michael's chest, needing a hug.

"Whatever you want us to be.." he replied smartly, hugging me tightly to his chest- it's as if he was scared to let me go.

"I'm just scared, terrified even." I confessed, I was skeptical the first time we became official, now I'm completely panicking about this time.

"I know you are, we can take it as slow as you want. If you're not ready yet then I'll wait, however long it takes." he spoke softly, kissing my forehead after he spoke.

"I don't want to make you wait, I don't want you reserving yourself from other girls just because I'm scared. You shouldn't have to, you should have the excitement of getting girls. Not being cautious around me 24/7 because of my past.." my voice got smaller the more I spoke.

"There's no excitement of getting girls, anyway I don't want other girls because I have the girl I want right here and she is sitting right where you are." he smiled, poking my cheek.

"Where is she then?, is she tiny?" I joked, masking the fact that I didn't believe him.

"Kyra, seriously I love you and everything about you. I love your stubborn moments when you're totally convinced that you're right. I love that you worry about everyone else before yourself. I love how emotional you get over little things because you appreciate them too much. I love how protective you are about Sophie and I love how strong you've become, I knew as soon as I saw you in the crowd that I needed to know your name if nothing else. Now look at us, sitting in the lounge in the 5SOS house. Sophie's happy, I'm happy and I'd only have to hope that you're happy. Now we are taking it as slow as you want to alright? I don't care what you say, I'm waiting for you because I don't want any other girl than the one sitting on my lap right now." he spoke with such confidence as he stared into my eyes while holding my waist. I actually wanted to cry, it was that beautiful.

"If I play you the song I wrote about you, can I hear your one about me?" He asked expectedly.

"Well I can't say no now can I? Not after that speech." I smiled and laughed, standing up and walking to find Michael's guitar in his bedroom. I walked back with it carefully, knowing how much Mike loves it. I passed it to him as I sat across from him.

"Ready?" He asked, looking at me. I nodded. He began strumming.

Oh oh oh oh
Don't talk, let me think it over
How we gunna fix this?
How we gunna undo all the pain?
Tell me, is it even worth it?
Looking for a straight line
Taking back the time we can't replace

All the crossed wires, just making us tired
Is it too late to bring us back to life?

When I close my eyes and try to sleep
I fall apart, I find it hard to breathe
You're the reason
The only reason
Even though my dizzy head is numb
I swear my heart is never giving up
You're the reason
The only reason

I feel you, burning under my skin
I swear I see you shining.
Brighter than the flame inside your eyes
Bitter words spoken
Everything broken
It's never too late, to bring it back to life

When I close my eyes and try to sleep
I fall apart, I find it hard to breathe
You're the reason
The only reason
Even though my dizzy head is numb
I swear my heart is never giving up
You're the reason
The only reason

(Oh oh oh the only reason, the only reason) x2

Don't talk, let me think it over
How we gunna fix this?
How we gunna undo all the pain?

When I close my eyes and try to sleep
I fall apart, I find it hard to breathe
You're the reason
The only reason
Even though my dizzy head is numb
I swear my heart is never giving up
You're the reason
The only reason

When I close my eyes and try to sleep
I fall apart, I find it hard to breathe
You're the reason
The only reason
Even though my dizzy head is numb
I swear my heart is never giving up
You're the reason
The only reason

Wow. Is all I can say.

"You wrote that? About me?"

"About you." he confirmed, smiling sweetly while passing the guitar over to me.

"I haven't got the chords for it yet."

"It doesn't matter, just improvise."

I decided to just literally wing it. I closed my eyes as I started to sing.

I always needed time on my own
I never thought I'd need you there when I cry
And the days feel like years when I'm alone
And the bed where you lie
Is made up on your side

When you walk away
I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now?

When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear to always get me through the day
And make it OK
I miss you

I've never felt this way before
Everything that I do reminds me of you
And the clothes you left, they lie on the floor
And they smell just like you,
I love the things that you do

When you walk away
I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now?

When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear to always get me through the day
And make it OK
I miss you

We were made for each other
Out here forever
I know we were, yeah, yeah
All I ever wanted was for you to know
Everything I do, I give my heart and soul
I can hardly breathe, I need to feel you here with me, yeah

When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear will always get me through the day
And make it OK
I miss you

I opened my eyes to find Mike with the biggest smile I've ever seen on his beautiful face.

"Did you miss me that much?"

"Even more than it shows, you know everything I said about you being my rock, I completely meant it.." I was being completely clique and cringey right now but it was needed.

"When is it being released?" Mike asked, taking the guitar from my hands and retuning it slightly, looking up at me for a few seconds.

"Well if all goes well on Saturday, it should be released by Monday."

"No way! 'The Only Reason' is being released on Monday too!"

"Oh, I guess I have competition.." I winked.

"I guess you do, let the best single win." he smirked, holding his hand out for me shake.

Let the best single win, Clifford.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 760 32
โ if i wasn't afraid of love, yeah, i would've hugged you. if i wasn't so insecure, if i wasn't easy to hurt, i wouldn't hurt you. โž
3.2K 138 22
"I care for you, I just can't have you here, you can get hurt and I'm not risking it." "I'm perfectly fine, I'm willing to take that risk."
343K 9.2K 37
"Please don't leave me. Everyone always leaves me. J-Just stay." -- trigger warning thank you for the support, i love you all
3.6K 120 43
Guardians, Nightmares, and Death. Oh my! Don't fret about what the title may imply. There's no need to fear snow here: all's perfectly fine! Oh, and...