Do it for the memories and fo...

By txnightalive16

New city, new life. Rachel has just moved to Maryland, and to her, its where dreams are made of, as she got h... More

Do it for the memories and for Baltimore
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
authors note
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
update time. please read.
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65: End

Chapter 35

150 7 0
By txnightalive16

Saturday November 1 2014

Boy its been a while since I’ve written in this thing! Time to catch up…

One, ever since Alex and I got rid of the whole situation with Paul at work, things have been awesome for us. I contacted the Human Resources department a day after, and they had Paul gone from the studio, and I haven't seen or heard from him since. Which is fine by me.

Two, so since things have been absolutely great between Alex and I, we’ve become pretty much inseparable. Theres rarely any nights that arent spent together, either him staying at my house, or me at his. It’s perfect. Waking up and seeing his brown eyes looking at me with his dishevelled hair, and his scruffy little beard. He said he feels great waking up to me almost every day as well. In fact, I overheard him on the phone with Zack the other day saying that he might ask me to move in soon…time will tell on that one.

 Actually tonight he’s over at my house. He leaves for a 5 week long tour tomorrow to continue the promotion of Nothing Personal with the support of Hey Monday, a pop-punk band that Rian and Zack found out about at a local club show a few months ago. Once again, Alex asked me if I could watch after his dogs again while he was away, and I agreed. There was one thing that I left out of that conversation, but he’ll find out soon enough…

———————

*2 weeks later*

Alex’s POV

I woke up, but didn't quite open my eyes yet. I reached out beside me to grab onto my girlfriend, until my hands hit a wall. I opened my eyes for a second, and I remembered that I was in my bunk…on tour…without Rachel.

This time it seemed harder on me. Me and her were like the power couple. When we were together at home, its like someone super-glued us together because I’d say 90% of the time, we were together. It’s hard without her here. We do stay in constant contact though. Through Skype calls, texts, and all that other communication, so at least technology is on my side. But distance is not.

I realized that since I was now awake, there was probably no chance of me falling back asleep now, so I grabbed my phone beneath my pillow to check the time. The brightness made my eyes close for a second before I read the time, 10:05am, and saw I had a few texts, one being from my girlfriend.

Hey superstar! You’re probably still asleep, but I’m awake! Just gonna let you know that I’m pretty busy at work today so I might not be in contact as much, but I’m thinking of you ;) Maybe I’ll talk to you later tonight

I smiled at the text, and saw that it was sent at 8:15am…she had told me that she’s working long days lately with a country artist so they start early mornings and end in the evening. She’s a hard worker, that’s for sure. I quickly typed a reply, then kicked the wall above me…Jack’s bunk.

“Dude! Wake up! We got interviews today!” I said in my groggy morning voice. I then exited my bunk, started the coffee maker, and woke up the rest of the bus.

——————

Rachel’s POV

“Okay, you guys be good!” I said to Sebastian and Peyton as I dropped them and their stuff at Alex’s dog walker, Carla’s house.

“They like it at my house, so no need to worry about anything. How long are you out of town for?” She asked me as the dogs ran inside to get comfortable.

“Not sure yet. I’ve got the departure date on the ticket, but I haven't booked a flight back yet. We’ll see.”

“Well, enjoy your trip. Just let me know a day or two before you come back to get the dogs.”

“Alright, and thank you Carla for looking after them. Bye!”

I walked back to my car and drove back to my house to pack my bags. I needed a little time away from work after working with this country artist for the past 10 days. We’ve been in the studio for 10 to 18 hours a day everyday, and it’s a little exhausting after a while. So he said he’s going to take some time to write more songs and improve on others, and when I get back from my break, we will resume.

——————

Within an hour, my bags were packed and I had 4 hours till my flight to Denver was set to take off. Might as well just go to the airport early then.

I called a cab and by the time I arrived at the airport, checked in my bags, and gone through security, I had time to kill. And during the time killing, a lot of it was on trying to beat the level of Candy Crush that I was stuck on. I had gotten really focused on the game, that I almost missed my flight being called for boarding over the loud speakers.

It was a small plane, so there weren't that many people boarding, meaning that the ticket takers were making small talk with each and every one of the approximately 80 people boarding. Can we just move it along please? I thought to myself, just wanting to get on the plane and maybe have a nap.

Once I approached the ticket taker, we both smiled warmly at each other.

“Hello ma’am. Any particular reason you’re flying to Denver now?” She was kind of an elderly woman. I’d probably say around 60.

“It was kind of a last minute decision but I just needed time off work and I’ve heard it’s a nice place. I’ve also got a friend there so I plan on visiting them.”

She looked over my boarding pass, and ripped off the part they needed to keep, then giving it back to me, “how nice! And is this friend expecting you?”

I put my carry on bag on my shoulder and took my pass back from her, “they should be.” I replied while smiling, and walked into the tunnel that led to the plane.

Once I got settled and the plane took off, I put my iPod headphones in, and relaxed into my seat, ready for a 3 hour flight.

—————

Alex’s POV

“Maaaan! That was an insane show! I saw so many crowd surfers tonight, that rocked!” Jack yelled at us all as we walked into our dressing room.

“I know! And they were so stoked for Hey Monday as well!” I added, “hey, where did Rian go? I thought he was right behind me.”

“Well, I heard him talking to Hey Monday’s singer, Cassadee, in between our sets and it sounds like our little Rian has a crush!” Jack said again, his voice getting purposely squeaky near the end. “I heard him ask her out for coffee, so they’re going out tomorrow morning”

All this talk about a date made me miss Rachel again. She would have loved the show tonight. 

Vinny, our merch guy, as well as Jack and Zack were making up stories about what Rian and Cassadee’s children will look like, so I left the room with my phone to try and call Rachel since she hadn't called me yet.

As the phone rang, I looked down the hall toward the backstage part to see Cassadee and Rian talking. Cassadee looking a little nervous and probably blushing as they talked.

Then I heard Rachel’s voicemail message come on. I was a little upset because I wanted to talk to her, but left her a message anyways.

“Hey Rach it’s me. Um call me if you want tonight? If you're not working late again anyways…um, yeah..I’ll catch up with you later then. Alright, bye.”

Once I headed back into the dressing room, we all gathered our things, I grabbed Rian’s stuff as well not wanting him to leave his conversation with Cassadee, and then headed to the bus.

It was a long day today, so we all decided to not go out to a bar for drinks tonight. Once Rian came back to the bus, we all ganged up on him and teased him about having a crutch on Cassadee, in a joking manner anyways. She seemed like a cool chick, so if she likes him and he likes her, then go for it.

It wasn't too long before the bus got relatively quiet again. Jack, Rian, Vinny, and our lighting guy Jeff, were playing 2-on-2 Fifa, which was surprisingly quiet for most of the time. Zack was lifting weights while watching and criticizing the game. Matt, our manager, was going over some of the venue details for our next couple of shows, and our stage techs were playing poker at the small kitchen table.

As for me, I was quietly lying down on the couch by the front of the bus with a collection of my Batman comic books that I brought along for the tour. I dont care what the other guys say, Batman is a cool superhero and I’ve always liked him.

We had been going out to bars or parties almost every night of the tour so far so it was nice to unwind at night like this. A few minutes into Batman Issue #125, I heard a faint knocking at our door. Probably some fans that found our bus wanting to get an autograph.

Matt looked over at me from his seat and said “I’m more busy than you. Get it, man”

I got up out of my comfy position and went to the door. Opening it, I saw something so unexpected, but at the same time completely expected and just what I needed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 120 32
SEQUEL IS UP NOW GO READ IT ! 👍 When Brynn moves from Arizona to Maryland , she thinks her live is ruined but one day , that all changes...
889 23 20
Moving to a new city is hard and playing like someone else is even harder but I'm doing it...Let's see how this goes.
3.1K 219 34
HeartSteel has taken the charts and they are now working on a new project with KDA. All the member's are living in a large city near their recording...
1K 47 23
Due to unfortunate circumstances, Reyna Bexton got ripped out of her home in San Fransisco and dropped in Baltimore. Where she, quite literally, ran...