Help Me // z.m

By Mel_Grant

The minute Zayn walked into my life, he changed everything for me. The question is; was it for better or for... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Note

Chapter 5

7K 286 126
By Mel_Grant

Ring!

The bell rings and the class is now over. I reach over and put my English textbook in my bag and then do the same with my notebook, but it falls on the floor. Before I can grab it, someone gets it for me and holds it out for me to take. I look up to see Zayn holding my notebook. I freeze when our eyes lock together.

"Here you go" he said. I grabbed my notebook from him and smiled. But when my fingers touched his hand my hand felt like electricity went through it. I blushed and looked down. His eyes widened slightly when our hands touched and he quickly pulled his hand away and stuffed it in his pocket.

"Thanks" I told him.

"Um, yeah" he replied quietly while looking down. Maybe he felt it to. I placed my notebook in my bag then stood up and walked to the door. Zayn beat me to the door and held it open for me. I thanked him and we walked out of the room together. We heard someone clear their throat when we walked out the door and turned around to see Sara standing with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Sara what are you doing here?" Zayn asked her. She glared at me then looked at Zayn.

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to see you" she said walking closer to Zayn and placing her hands on his chest. She slowly moved her hands up his chest and wrapped her arms around his neck. She looked over at me and smirked before roughly crashing her lips to his and pushing his face closer to hers. Zayn seemed shocked at first but soon recovered and kissed her back, placing his hands on her waist. Their kiss looked more like a battle then a kiss though. Sara was clearly trying to prove a point. She wanted me to know that Zayn was hers. And believe me, I understand that perfectly.

After their long, disgusting kiss they pulled away from each other, deciding that they needed air. Sara then turned toward me and smirked, letting me know that that kiss was meant to prove her point that she silently told me.

"What are you still doing here?" Sara rudely asked me.

"Uh, I-" I stuttered trying to find the right words to say.

"Don't talk to her like that," Zayn said to Sara, sounding angry.

"Why not?" she asked him.

"Because I said not to."

"Why do you care?" she snapped.

"That's none of your concern," he replied getting angrier by the second. He clenched his jaw and his eyes darkened as he glared at Sara. I was kind of scared actually so I slowly backed away. Sara didn't seem to care about how angry Zayn was becoming, so she kept pushing for an answer.

Zayn looked at me and his eyes softened, probably seeing that I was scared a little bit.

It would probably be best if I left now. I don't want Zayn getting angrier then he already is and I don't want to cause a scene.

"Um, It's fine Zayn, I was leaving anyway" I said to him. He opened his mouth to say something but quickly closed it. He just gave me a small nod. It looked like he wanted to say something else, but I didn't say anything as I walked down the hall and toward my locker. I felt his eyes on me as I walked down the hall, but when I turned a corner I didn't feel like I was being watched anymore.

***

I was now in the cafeteria eating my lunch with the rest of the group. They were all talking while I quietly ate.

After that incident in the hallway this morning I couldn't stop thinking about Zayn. I didn't learn anything in my classes after that because I couldn't stop thinking of him. I just couldn't get my mind off of the fact that Zayn stood up for me. Against his girlfriend. He didn't have to do that, and I don't want him to think that he did. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful that he did what he did for me, but he didn't have to.

And the only question that's been going through my head all day was; why? Why did he stand up for me? My head hurts because I've been thinking about it so much.

I sigh and drop my fork on my plate and look up from my tray. My eyes immediately lock onto Zayn's eyes, and he smiles when our eyes meet. He's once again starring at me.

I see Sara nudge his arm but he doesn't move. I don't think he felt it. Sara then looks at Zayn and sees that he's starring at me. When she sees me she glares at me then nudges Zayn's arm harder. He turns to her and says something. She says something to him and I see his eyes harden. I can't hear what they're saying, but it doesn't look good. Sara then starts yelling and points at me. Zayn turns to look at me and I quickly look down, I don't want to look like I'm being nosy.

When I look back up Zayn isn't there anymore and Sara is now talking to Harry and Abby.

Where did Zayn go? I shouldn't care but I can't help the fact that I do.

I look back down at my tray and finish eating. When I'm done I decide to go outside to think and get some fresh air. I nudge Tyler's arm and he turns his head towards me.

"I'm going outside" I tell him. He nods then turns his attention back to the conversation everyone is having.

I walk out of the cafeteria and out the front doors. When I walk outside a cool breeze hits my face and I take a deep breath. I walk over to the bench and sit down.

I start to think about everything that happened this morning. I still don't understand why Zayn would try to help me. It doesn't make sense since everyone told me that he was rude and only cared about himself. I mean, I don't think that Zayn would stand up for me if he was selfish.

This is too confusing for me right now. Maybe I'm overthinking this. Now that I really think about it, it wasn't a big deal though, was it?

I sigh and look around. I stop when I see Zayn leaning against the wall. He doesn't see me, instead he's just looking at the sky.

I should go thank him for what he did. It might not be a big deal but I still feel like I should thank him for it anyway.

I stand up and walk over to him. When I get closer to him he hears me and looks at me. When I stand in front of him I smile and open my mouth to thank him but no words come out. He smiles and raises his eyebrow. I feel my cheeks heat up and I look down at my shoes before looking at him again.

"Uh, I just wanted to say thanks for standing up for me this morning" I say nervously. I don't even know why I'm nervous but I feel my palms begin to sweat.

Zayn smiles before saying, "No problem."

"You didn't have to do that, it was fine-" I started saying but he stopped me.

"No it wasn't. I wasn't going to let her talk to you like that, she had no right to" he said. I didn't know what to say so I just gave him a small nod before looking down.

Zayn cleared his throat and I looked up at him. He opened his mouth to say something, but once he did I heard someone call my name. Zayn and I turned our heads to the front doors and saw Eleanor there with a confused look on her face.

"Uh, class is about to start, let's go," she said eyeing Zayn and I suspiciously. I nodded then looked back up at Zayn.

"Gotta go, thanks again" I said.

He nodded then said, "bye". I gave him a small smile then walked over to Eleanor. When I got to her she grabbed my wrist and pulled me inside.

"What was that?" she asked, letting go of my wrist.

"What?"

"Why were you talking to Zayn? We told you to stay away from him and then I see you talking to him," she said.

"It's nothing."

"Don't lie to me Emily."

"It really was nothing" I told her. She crossed her arms over her chest and raised an eyebrow.

"El, it was nothing important okay? I was just thanking him for something. And I was going to leave when you came out."

"Thank him?"

"Don't worry about it, I don't even know how to explain it. Just don't tell Tyler okay? I don't want him to interrogate me with questions and picking fights that he shouldn't."

She thought about it for a little bit then nodded, "Fine I won't."

"Thanks."

She shook her head a little then said, "Come on we have class." I nodded then we went to our lockers. My next class is with Eleanor, we have Writing together. After getting the books that we needed for class out of our lockers we walked to class together.

We sit next to each other and wait for a few more people to walk in before Mr. James starts the lesson.

***

I walk outside and walk over to the usual bench I sit on. I open the book I've been reading while I wait for Tyler to come out. School's over and I can't wait to go home.

"Emily!" I look up when I hear Danielle call my name. I see her and Eleanor walk toward me.

"Hey," I said when they reach me.

"Hey, Eleanor and I are going to the mall, wanna come?" Danielle asked me.

"Uh, sure," I replied.

"Great! Let's go."

I put my book back in my bag then stood up and walked to Danielle's car.

"Oh wait, I have to tell Tyler," I told them.

"There he is," Eleanor said, pointing to the front doors. I turned around and saw Tyler coming out.

"Tyler!" I yelled. He looked at me and I waved him over. He walked over to us and when he stood in front of me I said, "I'm going out with the girls, I'll come home later."

"Okay, have fun doing whatever you girls do," he smiled.

Eleanor grabbed my arm then started walking again. "Don't worry Ty she'll be back before bedtime," she yelled over her shoulder. I rolled my eyes and heard Tyler chuckle.

When we got to the car we all got in. Eleanor and Danielle were in the front while I was in the back.

"Let's go spend our money," Danielle said as she drove out of the parking lot and toward the mall. I laughed then remembered something.

"I don't have any money with me," I told them.

"Don't worry about it, we'll pay for whatever you want," Eleanor said.

"No you don't have to do that El. It's okay really," I said.

"Nonsense, I want to," she fought back. I sighed knowing that I can't change her mind.

"Thanks."

"No problem," she smiled.

We got to the mall and Danielle parked before we all got out of the car and walked inside.

"Okay were do we start?" I asked looking around. This was a very big mall. It had two floors with stores covering both of them.

"How about Forever 21?" Eleanor said pointing to the store. Danielle and I agreed and we walked into the store.

We walked around the store looking for something we liked. I didn't want to get something that cost a lot since Eleanor will be buying whatever I want for me.

"Let's all get an outfit," Danielle said and we all agreed. After looking for what felt like two hours, the three of us each found an outfit to buy. We walked out of the store with our new clothes in hand.

"What now?" I asked.

"Let's eat, I'm hungry," Eleanor said. We didn't have to walk far before we found a food court. We ordered some food for all of us then sat down at a table and started eating.

"So Emily, how do like Bradford so far?" Eleanor asked me.

I shrugged saying, "It's nice. I'm still trying to get used to it though."

"You will eventually," Danielle told me. I nodded then continued eating.

When we were done eating we threw our trash away then walked around looking for something else to do.

"Let's go in there," Eleanor said pointing to a jewelry store. We walked in and looked at all the jewelry that was on display. I went strait toward the rings though. I don't know why, but I like rings more than I like bracelets, earrings, and necklaces. I looked through the glass at all the beautiful rings but one in particular caught my eye.

"You like that one?" I looked up to see Danielle standing next to me looking at the ring.

"Yeah," I said.

"It's beautiful," she told me. I nodded then looked around for Eleanor. I looked around some more before seeing her looking at bracelets. She walked away from them and over to us.

"What're you guys looking at?" she asked when she was standing next to us.

"Emily likes this ring," Danielle said pointing to the ring I liked. Eleanor looked around me and at the ring then smiled.

"It's beautiful," she repeated Danielle's words. "We'll get it," she said.

My eyes widened as I shook my head, "No El It's fine, you bought enough for me already. Buying this would be too much."

"Stop worrying, it's my treat," she smiled.

"It'll be too expansive-" I was cut off when she turned to the clerk and asked her how much the ring cost.

"$32.20," the clerk answered. Eleanor thanked her then turned back to me smirking. I was not expecting it to cost that much. I thought it would be more than that.

"You're going to buy it no matter what I say, aren't you?" I asked although I already knew the answer.

"Yup," she said popping the 'p'. I sighed but allowed her to buy it for me. Danielle laughed from behind me. Eleanor told the clerk that she would like to buy the ring and the clerk took it out. Eleanor gave her the money and the clerk gave Eleanor the receipt. We walked out of the store and Eleanor handed me the bag with the ring in it.

"Thank you," I told her.

"What are friends for," she smiled.

Soon after that we left the mall because of getting bored and tired of walking. We got back in Danielle's car and she drove out of the mall parking lot.

"Where do you live?" she asked me. I told her my address then starred out the window watching everything that passed by. It reminded me of when Zayn drove me home. I smiled remembering how he waited for me to get inside before he drove off.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Danielle asked, "This is it right?"

I didn't realize that the car stopped. I looked out the window to see my house. Tyler's car was in the driveway but Dad's wasn't.

"Yeah this is it," I said grabbing my bags. "Thanks for taking me to the mall to hang out and buying me this stuff," I said.

"Anytime," Eleanor smiled. I smiled back and thanked them one last time before opening the car door and getting out. I walked up my porch and to the front door. I put one of my bags down and pulled out my key from my pocket. I unlocked the door putting the key back in my pocket, I grabbed my bags, and walked inside, shutting the door behind me.

---

A/N: I hope you guys liked it.

Remember to vote and comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 38 33
Hi Guys! It's my first one direction fanfiction. My inspiration is summer Love song. Hope you like it :D Zayn Malik Is searching For True Love...Will...
48.3K 1.2K 36
My best friend. What? Once my best friend, now my bully? What did I ever do to deserve such hatred from him? I thought we both agreed to stay togethe...
44K 1.6K 18
He loved him, but all he seemed to do was destroy him.
30.2K 1.8K 37
✓Completed There was so many expectations for me when I moved into a new city with my best friend, but the last thing I expected was to fall for a bl...