Danny Clark is a Nobody

By anonymousacademia

Bottling up emotions is one of Danny's greatest skills. Since the age of 5, Danny has had to fend for himself... More

Characters
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Epilogue

Chapter Eighteen

5.1K 183 26
By anonymousacademia

Freddie's P.O.V

After breakfast, I sat down on my desk and decided to study. I love my major, I really do. But it can be draining sometimes. I was on FaceTime with Blake, who was also studying for his psychology classes. Exams were stressful and I focus better when I have someone else to talk to.

"I'm tired." I groaned, pouting. I could hear Blake's deep chuckle from my laptop. "I am, too. Let's take a short break, yeah?" He said. I nodded eagerly. "So, how's Danny holding up?" He asked me. I sighed. "He's- he's okay, I think. I don't know. He refused to go to therapy."

"Did you ask why?"

"Um, no. I don't think dad did."

"Does Danny seem tired, stressed?"

"He does. All the time. It's like he doesn't sleep."

"Does he have panic attacks?"

"They stopped like a little over a week ago."

"Stopped or did he learn how to hide them?"

"I'm not sure. James said he seems tired. He doesn't eat as well as he should, drinks too much coffee, doesn't go out with his friends. He isolates himself in his bedroom all the time."

"Hm... you should try talking to him."

"I told you, dad tried-"

"No, I meant you. Danny needs someone who understands. You do."

"You want me to open up to him?"

"Yeah, if you're comfortable with that, of course."

"I'm way past being uncomfortable with sharing my experience. It's just... how do I go about doing it?"

"Tell him that you wanna tell him something. Then sit down with him and tell him about your experience. It's your experience, I have no right to tell you how to share it."

"Dad says I can't tell him what happened... what happened to cause my PTSD."

"Just, exclude it as best as you could, I guess?"

"I guess I can do that."

"You don't have to tell him about it immediately, baby. It may take time for you to be completely ready to share your story. That's completely okay."

"Okay."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

"I don't wanna study. Maybe I should just drop out."

"Haha. Get back to studying."

Hours passed as Blake and I studied, occasionally taking breaks to chat and stock up on caffeine. I heard the home phone ringing. It was odd, it rarely ever rang. I was home alone; dad was at work, Danny and Sam were at school, and James was god knows where.

"Hello?" I answered. "Hello, is this Mr. Michael Clark, father of Daniel Clark?" The woman at the end of the line spoke. "This is Freddie Clark, Danny's brother. Is something wrong?" I asked. "Well, Daniel seems to have gotten in trouble with the gym teacher, Mr. Johnson."

"What? There has to be a mistake. Danny wouldn't do that." I replied, shocked. "Sir, it seems that his friend punched the teacher, dislocating his jaw. Daniel and his friend, a Mr. William Miller, both deny Daniel's involvement in this assault, however Mr. Johnson is positive that he is a part of this."

"So you believe one person over 2 people? Danny's a straight A student. He hasn't ever shown violent tendencies and has a perfectly clean record."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Clark, but Mr. Johnson is a respected teacher. Danny will be facing a 3 day suspension."

"What? You can't do that. That'll go on his permanent record. It'll affect his chances of getting into a good college. Were there any other witnesses? Anyone who can confirm either story?"

"Are you suggesting that Mr. Johnson was lying?"

"Yes, yes I am. Now, was there anyone who can confirm either story?"

"I'm sorry, sir. The decision is made. Please come pick Danny up." The bitch hang up. Furious, I nearly smashed the phone. I got up, put on a white shirt with a black v-neck knitted sweater and a pair of black jeans. I combed my hair and made my way to the garage. Blinded with rage, I drove past the speed limit to Danny's school. There, I saw Danny waiting nervously outside, sitting down next to his friend who was leaning against the wall, looking glum.

Danny was shaking, still in his large gym clothes. He looked at me, terrified. I softened my gaze. "Come on, Danny." I told him, extending my hand. His shaking hand grabbed mine and he got up, dusting his pants. He looked ashamedly at the floor. "I-I'm sorry." He said shakily. "Hey, don't worry."

I turned to look at his friend — a tall, lean, angry-looking 16 year old. "Someone coming to pick you up?" I asked him. He shook his head. "I can walk." He muttered. "I don't mind if you hop in the car, I can take you home." I told him. Fear flashed in his eyes before they went back to their guarded blankness. "I'm not planning on going home." He muttered.

"Freddie? Is it- would it be okay if Will comes with us?" Danny spoke up, fidgeting with the strap of his backpack. Will looked at him, about to decline. But Danny gave him a look that said he wouldn't leave without him. "No problem." I said. Will looked at me, and nodded hesitantly. Danny got in the backseat, as did Will.

"Danny, can you tell me what happened?" I asked gently. Danny's breathing quickened, he looked nervous. Will sensed this. "The teacher was being an asshole. To a guy in class and Danny. So I punched him. Danny didn't do anything." He said, anger lacing his tone.

"What did he do?" I asked. "He, he was body-shaming them. Called the other guy, his name's Adam, called him a fatty. Made fun of him. Shit was mad disgusting. And he called Danny..." Will stopped, and looked over to Danny who was staring intently at his lap. "He called him names as well. Y'know, making fun of his body. Which is hella brave coming from Felonious Gru."

I snorted at that. Will gave me a small smile. Danny seemed lost in thought. "Don't worry. I'll sort this out." I reassured them. "You better. That piece of shit deserves getting fired." Will muttered, clenching his fist.

"Danny, you okay?" I asked. "I'm fine." Danny said. I could tell he wasn't fine. I didn't want to push him too much. "Don't listen to what he said, Danny. He's just a bitter old motherfucker who hates his life." I heard Will whisper to Danny. "It's... it's not that. I just don't- I- my future is ruined. I-" I heard Danny stutter. He was on the verge of a panic attack. I could tell.

But a few minutes of controlled breathing later, and Danny had calmed himself down. "Listen, Danny. We'll sort this out. You didn't do anything. It's my fault. I shouldn't have... I shouldn't have lost my temper like that. I'm sorry, it's all my fault. I just-" Will whispered. "Stop it. It's not your fault, o-okay? You were brave, standing up for us like that. And it's damn great that you punched him. I-I don't blame you, Will. You shouldn't blame yourself."

As I was waiting for the stoplight to turn green, I grabbed my phone and dialled dad. I figured he deserved to know what happened; the call was meant for him anyway. "Hey, dad," I said, holding the phone between my shoulder and my ear as I focused on the road.

"Yes, Freddie?" Dad replied. "The school called. I'm taking Danny home right now." I told him. "What? Is he okay?" Dad asked worriedly. "Yes, he's fine. He's facing a 3 day suspension. But he didn't do anything. The teacher's an asshole." I replied. "Language. I'm coming home. You'll explain everything when I get there." Dad said and hung up.

"Is- is he mad?" Danny asked anxiously. "Not at you." I reassured him. "I-I don't feel well." Danny muttered. I frowned and pulled over. "What's wrong?" I turned around and saw how pale he was. "I-" he began to say, but quickly opened the car door and threw up. Will gagged and turned around. I guess he was one of those people who wanted to throw up whenever they heard someone else throw up.

Danny leaned back in his seat, his eyes shut tightly. "Are you okay?" I asked him. He nodded slightly. "I'm sorry. I-I don't know what happened." He said. Will looked worried. He touched Danny's forehead. "Shit, man, you're burning up." He said.

Danny shook his head. "I'm fine." He said weakly. "Nah, bro. You just threw up. You aren't fine." Will said, looking concerned. Danny closed his eyes, as if he were in pain. "I'm taking you to the hospital." I said. Danny quickly opened his eyes in surprise. "No, please. No hospitals." He pleaded. "Danny, you're sick-"

"I can just take medicine. I'm- I'm fine." He replied hurriedly. "I know what caused this." Will said. "It's that damned locker room." He muttered, and Danny laughed softly. Will's eyes brightened, as if he was glad to cheer Danny up. I narrowed my eyes in thought. He looked at Danny with so much care.

"Do you still feel sick?" I asked Danny. He shook his head. "I... I think I feel kind of lightheaded." He said. "Lay down for a bit." Will suggested. Danny hesitated, but lay down in the backseat. He couldn't fully extend his body; his legs were far too long to fit. But Will late him rest his head on his lap. "Thank you." Danny whispered.

I started the car again and drove back home. By that time, Danny had fallen asleep and Will was staring at his face keenly. He ran his fingers through Danny's hair. This confirmed my suspicion. "We're here." I said softly. Will flinched, apparently forgetting I was there. He cleared his throat and nodded. "Hey, Danny. Wake up." He said gently, shaking Danny's shoulder with care. Danny shut his eyes tightly and groaned, rolling over in Will's lap. This caused Will to widen his eyes comically.

"Come on. You're home." He told him. Danny sat upright, rubbing his eyes tiredly. He slowly started getting out of the car. He swayed a little, then steadied himself. "Are you alright?" Asked Will. Danny nodded. He still looked rather sick. I mean, it was really cold today, he was bound to get a cold.

Danny walked unsteadily inside the house. "Sit down in the living room. I'll go get you some cold medicine." I said. Danny nodded and walked with Will. I walked upstairs and searched my bathroom cabinet for the medicine. Once I found it, I walked back downstairs.

I overheard a part of Will and Danny's conversation. "Here you go, Danny." I said, handing him the medicine. He took it and thanked me. "You should go back to sleep." Will told him. Danny shook his head. "He's right. You should get some rest." I added. "I'm fine." He mumbled. That stubborn, stubborn teenager.

"Cause puking your guts out is a clear sign of perfect health." Will said sarcastically. Danny sighed. "I feel better now." He said. Will looked disbelievingly at Danny, but let it go. "Well, if either of you needs anything, I'll be in the library." I told them. Danny frowned. "Library?" He asked. "Yeah, the library on the third floor. You didn't know we had a library?" I asked incredulously. Danny shook his head. "Only you could live in a house with a library and not know the library existed." Will commented, laughing. "Shut up." Danny mumbled, his cheeks reddening.

"It's James's fault, he should've given you a full tour of the house. Come on, I'll show you." I told him. As we were walking upstairs, I heard Will whisper to Danny, "so, have you just like, never been to the third floor?" "I've been there once. The doors were all closed." Danny whispered back.

"So, how long have you been staying here?" Will replied, chuckling. "Less than a month, I think." Danny said. "And you never once, I don't know, got curious enough to open one of the doors?" Will asked. "Of course not. That's an invasion of privacy." Danny said. "You are unbelievable, Danny Clark." Will said humorously. He really was unbelievable.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58 1 8
Danny Phantom, your not so normal teenager with his more normal friends. As Danny continues to try and balance life as both a Ghost and a normal Teen...
87.3K 1.8K 20
Danny has a great life until he told his friends he was Gay and his parents as well. Which at first his parents just ignored him but his friends star...
1M 33.4K 73
Here's a bombshell for you: I have eight brothers. Eight extremely attractive, smart, mischievous, crazy overprotective brothers. Well, step brothers...
34K 837 19
Phil's life was perfect up until a year ago when he came out to his parents. They disowned him and sent him to live with his sexually abusive Uncle...