Someone Worth Staying For (Ho...

By LostOncer

Malivore was out of Landon and Landon was back to normal, and not stuck in the darkness. The question was, is... More

Writer's Announcement
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
The End

Chapter 29

1.6K 45 4
By LostOncer

Josie's P.O.V.
    It is our last day in New Orleans. We stayed so I could train some more before heading home but now seems good enough to go home. If I really need anything, I have mom and Hope who can help. I mainly offered to stay longer so Hope could have more time with her family before going back home. She needed to be with her family after everything she went through recently. I hated that she had to say goodbye to them but I knew she would see them again. They all promised to visit more often, especially now that our threats are all gone.. for now at least. Our lives will never not have a threat. The last few days, Hope has spent a lot of time with her family, but she did obviously make time for me as well. We've been doing great as girlfriends. It's still new so it's something we both have to get used to, especially Hope since she's never actually been with a girl before. But we both know that we love each other and that's all that really matters. Lizzie hasn't shut up about me telling her everything that happened on my date with Hope so I know I will have to tell her soon to shut her up but right now, I just want our date to be ours and not shared with anyone else. Hope and I have both said simple things about it, like how it was perfect and how we were girlfriends now, but no details. That's what Lizzie wanted was all the details but she can wait. Tomorrow we're leaving to go home so Hope was spending the last day with her family. I miss her but I know she needs time with them. Lizzie and I have been catching up with mom. We haven't seen her in so long and we were so happy that she would be home from now on. She had no reason to be gone anymore. There would be no more murge thanks to me becoming a heretic. But having my mom, did make me feel kinda sorry for Hope because she can't see her mom like I can see mine now. Maybe mom can be like a mom to her whenever she needs one. I'm sure mom wouldn't mind that. Plus she was close to Hope's dad anyway so she knew more about him and had stories she could tell her. I know there were bad stories but I also knew that mom had some good ones about him that I'm sure Hope would love to hear. I know Hope is still dealing with the guilt and pain of Landon and everything she did with her humanity off, but I wouldn't give up. I will do anything and everything I can to help her get through it. I want to be the best girlfriend for her, even if I am the first. She would do the same for me, I know she would.

Hope's P.O.V.
    I spent our last day in New Orleans with my family. I needed a day with just them before I left. I do miss Josie but I know she's spending time with her mom and sister. Not only that but I needed to let my family have me for a day before we leave. We promised to visit more often. I mean now that Malivore was gone and there wouldn't be anymore monsters, I had more time to visit. And they promised to take some time off every so often to come and visit me. I mean they do still have that house in Mystic Falls so they would have a place to stay. We spent all day together. I even gave uncle Kol another rematch on our fight, which of course I won again. When is he going to learn that I'm stronger than him? I enjoyed the day with them, but I was still feeling down. I mean I did kill the boy who was my best friend and boyfriend for a while. I will always love Landon. I just hope Josie doesn't get insecure about it because no matter what, I will always choose her. I love her more than I have ever loved Landon and I hope she sees that.

The Next Day
    Morning came and we had to hit the road soon. I packed up the little things I had brought before hand and then got ready for the day. I head down stairs and leave my bag near the door. I walk into the kitchen and see my family either sitting around the table or helping make breakfast. "Morning everyone." "Finally you're awake little one." I roll my eyes at my uncle. "Oh come on, we spent all day yesterday together, I was exhausted." That wasn't completely true. I am the tribrid after all, it doesn't really make sense that I could get exhausted easily. I just couldn't sleep much. My mind was running. I'm still trying to get through everything that happened. "Yeah right, you're the tribrid, there is no way you ge-" Uncle Kol stops when aunt Freya slaps him in the back of the head. "Bloody hell!" I chuckled softly and rolled my eyes. My family is definitely something else but I love them just the way they are. "Come sit Hope, breakfast should be done soon." Marcel said and I walked over to sit down.

    We sit there and talk for a bit and eventually Josie, Lizzie, and Caroline come down with their luggage. "Morning love." I said, looking at Josie with a smile and she blushes cutely. "Hope, not in front of everyone!" She said and walked over to sit next to me. I rolled my eyes and kiss her cheek. "Oh come on. You can't be embarrassed every time I say something like that around everyone." She gave me a glare and I laughed softly. "Alright fine, I'll shut up." "Breakfast is ready!" We hear and all get up to get some food. "Girls be quick because if we're going to make it to Mystic Falls before nightfall, we have to leave soon." We all nod at Caroline and try to eat quickly.

    Eventually we all finished eating and uncle Kol and Marcel help us by taking our bags out and put them in the car. We all walk out the house and get ready to leave. I don't want to say goodbye to everyone but I knew I had to. I hate goodbyes. The girls say their thanks and goodbyes and get in the car so I can have a moment with my family alone. "Josie, before you get in.." My aunt said and Josie stopped to look at her. "Yeah Freya?" "Take care of Hope for us will you? She needs you. And don't let anything come between the two of you. I have never seen Hope as happy as I have with you." Both Josie and I look at each other smiling and then back at my aunt. "Not a problem Freya." "And Hope take care of her. Don't let her go, she's a good one. Don't push her away." She said with a smile. "I could never." I feel Josie holding my hand. "Good. Make each other happy. You both deserve it." We both nod our heads. "Oh and to add on to what Freya said, welcome to the family Josie." Uncle Kol said and I gave him a little glare. "I appreciate it Kol." I look to Josie and can tell she feels honored to be welcomed by my family. I've always hoped my family would love her and welcome her with open arms, even before I realized my feelings for her because she means everything to me. "Hope, I'll go wait in the car." She said and gave me a kiss on the cheek before leaving to get in the car. I feel my cheeks get warm as my family just stands there grinning at me. They pull me into a group hug and I sigh softly. I never want to say goodbye to them but I don't want to stay in New Orleans. Not just because of the memories it has that would probably effect my emotions, but also because I didn't want to leave Josie. "I love you guys so much." I said softly. "And we love you little niece." My uncle said. "Be careful dear. And remember don't push your girl away just because you're afraid she'll get hurt. We know how you get with that sort of thing." Aunt Freya said. "Also you better visit more often or we will hunt you down ourselves." Aunt Rebekah said, making me chuckle. "I promise and you all better visit too." They all nod, promising that they would visit me. "I'll miss you all so much." I said, feeling tears in my eyes. "Hey don't cry Hope. We will miss you too but we promise to call, text, and visit more often." I nod my head at Marcel's response. "And you better call us when you get home so we know you're safe." Davina said. "And if you ever need us, for any reason, even if it's love advice, call anytime." Keelin said, wrapping her arm around my aunt Freya. I roll my eyes at her saying love advice but was grateful that she offered to help with that if I needed it. I mean Josie is my first girlfriend and I don't want to mess it up. "I know. Thank you all. Now I should get going. I need to make one more stop before heading home." I said and they all looked at me sympathetically at me, as if they already knew exactly where I was going. "Say hi for us will you?" Rebekah said and I nodded my head. "Of course I will." I give them all one more big hug. "I love you guys." "We love you too." They all said almost in unison. I wave goodbye to them before getting into the driver's seat of the car. Josie sitting beside me, with Caroline and Lizzie in the back seat. "You girls ready?" I asked and they all nodded. I feel Josie grab my hand and rub it gently with her thumb. "Are you okay babe?" She asked and I looked at her. "I'm fine love." I start up the car and start driving, with her hand still holding mine.

    After about a couple of minutes of driving, Caroline speaks up. "Hope, this doesn't look like the way home." I look in the rear view mirror to look at her. "I know, I just have one place I have to go to first. Is that alright?" I asked and they nodded but I could tell they were confused on where I was taking them. Once we get there, I take a deep breath. Doing this is always hard but I can't leave without talking to them first. "A cemetery? That's cree-" Lizzie started but her mom cuts her off. "Hope, is this.." She didn't even need to finish her question for me to know what she was asking. I already feel the tears in my eyes as I look at her and see she also has tears in her eyes. "Yeah it is. I'm sure he would love to hear from you." I said with a smile. I knew Caroline and my dad had history. My dad was always in love with her. "You want to go alone?" Josie asked, figuring out where we were. "No I think they would like to meet the girl I'm dating." Josie gave me a smile that was kinda sad but happy at the same time that I would want to introduce her to my parents, even if they weren't around. Lizzie finally understood and apologized for what she said and I just gave her a smile to basically say apology accepted.

    We get out of the car and I lead them through the cemetery to my mom and dad's graves. I sit in front of them and Josie sits next to me to comfort me. I know this would probably seem weird talking to a gravestone but they understand that I need to, especially Caroline. "Hey guys. I'm leaving to go back to Mystic Falls and had to come say goodbye first. I brought some friends to say hi. I'm sure you both remember one of them." I said and looked at Caroline. "Hey Klaus. If you're listening, I want you to know that I miss you. And that you both raised an amazing, beautiful, strong, young woman, who we've all came to love and care about. When we first met, I never imagined you as a father but you did a pretty great job with this one here. Even if you weren't always around, you'll always be a big part of her life." I feel the tears falling now and Josie holding me close. "Your legacy will live on because of her. You were lucky to have her as a daughter and she was lucky to have you as a father. We will take care of her, I promise you this." I look at Caroline and give her a smile and mouth the words thank you. Her words were beautiful and shows me how much she truly cared for my dad. "And this is Lizzie, a very good friend." I said, looking at her and she smiles at me. "Even though she can be a pain in the ass sometimes, Hope is a good friend. She's just like you. I mean I've heard stories and everything I've noticed in those stories, whether they were good ones or bad ones, you always protected and did everything for your loved ones. Hope is exactly like that. I mean she would do anything to keep everyone she cares about safe." Lizzie said and I chuckled softly. I've heard that I'm like my father but it was always the bad side, except for a select few who would say the good things about him, but hearing Lizzie say it, made me happy. Because she was one of the ones who always thought I'd become like my father when we were younger but now, she sees the good side of him and me. "And this is Josie. My best friend and my girlfriend. I know that you both would've loved her." I smile at Josie and lean my head against her shoulder. "It's nice to meet you both. My mom was right. You did raise an amazing person and I am so happy and lucky that I get to love her and that she loves me. I will be good to her, I swear." She says and feel her kiss the top of my head. I sighed softly as this is always hard for me. "Want a minute alone with them?" I hear Josie ask and pull away to look at me. I nod my head slightly and they all head back towards the car. "Our uhm.. threats are stopped for now so I promise to come visit you guys more often. I'm sorry I didn't visit more before. Our lives are very hectic like all the time and I'm know you both understand that. I miss you both so much. I wish you both could've met Josie in person. Oh and everyone else said hi. I'm happy I still have them. Oh and mom, dad. I'm stronger than uncle Kol and it's funny to see him try to beat me. We've had many fights because he is so competitive and wanted to see if he could defeat me. I won every time." I said and chuckled softly. "I should get going now. I love you both so much. Bye." I said softly and hesitantly stood up. I look at their stones for a moment before heading back towards the car. I see them standing around the car waiting for me. Josie pulls me into a hug. "You okay?" She asked. "Yeah I'm fine." She pulled away and wiped the tears that were falling down my face. "Thank you for that Hope." Caroline said and I gave her a smile. "I know dad would've wanted to know you were doing well." "Alright girls, let's get going." She said and got in the car. "You sure you're okay?" Josie asked one last time after her mom and sister got into the car. "Yeah babe, I'm good. I have you to help me feel better." I smiled and she smiled back. I leaned in and kissed her softly. The kiss was salty from my tears but I didn't care. "Hey lovebirds let's get going." Lizzie said after opening the door. We pulled away from the kiss and looked at each other. "Elizabeth!" Caroline said and Lizzie shut the door. We both chuckled softly. She opened the door for me and I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before getting in. After she got in, I started up the car and we headed back to Mystic Falls. I held onto Josie's hand the entire time and she even slept on my shoulder for a bit. I love this girl so much and I finally get to have her. I hope we get to be like my aunt and Keelin. And maybe one day, we will get married and build a new life together. But we will take it slow before that happens, but it's a hope I will carry with me throughout our relationship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.1K 1.2K 32
What if Hope went to New Orleans after she saw Landon and Josie kiss? What if she never stayed? It sets 15 years after the Malivore jump. Hope left M...
1.6K 16 15
WARNING. CONTAINS SMUT. DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT LIKE SMUT. (I do not own legacies or any of the characters in this story. I only own this storyline) ...
10.6K 325 10
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. So, when Hope was being thrown out of Malivore, she told Ryan she would find a w...
3.3K 99 15
With Hope's humanity off and her on a rampage, what it is going to take for the Super Squad to bring back their fearless leader? With no way to track...