Chapter 23

Hope's P.O.V.
    I made my way to the warehouse. I knew this could end in me dying and not Malivore, but I had to do this. He had to pay for what he's done and I wasn't going to let him hurt anyone else. I am the only one who can stop him so I have to, no matter what. Am I scared? Yeah I am a bit because if I lose, he can do whatever the hell he wants and no one will be able to stop him. But I have to hide my fear the best I can.

    Once I made it to the warehouse, I knew I had to be cautious so he wouldn't just attack me without my knowing. I listened to every little sound and kept looking for him. "Get your ass out here and fight me!" I said, starting to get angry that he was just messing with me now and not showing himself. "So this is finally going to be the end?" I hear his voice and turn to see him standing there with a devilish smirk. How could a person that I love so much, also be the one I hate more than anything? "Let's get this over with." I bite into my arm to draw blood and start saying some words to make a weapon out of my blood. If he hadn't found that weapon, I would have the upper hand but this would now be a fair fight. One of us was going to die and I hoped it wasn't me so he couldn't hurt anyone else.

Josie's P.O.V.
    I woke up the next more to the sun shining on my face. I groan and cover my face with my pillow. I am already regretting today because I have to talk to Finch. I know she's going to hate me but it wouldn't be fair if I stayed with her and kept thinking about Hope or how I wanted to be with Hope. I notice the bed is empty beside me so Lizzie was already out of bed, which meant I had the bed to myself right now. I lay there for about another good thirty minutes before finally getting up. I go to take a quick shower and get ready for the day. The only good thing about today is that I get to see Hope and tell her the good news.

    Once I was ready, I headed down stairs and saw Davina. "Morning Josie! If you're hungry, we're all outside having breakfast together." She said and gave me a smile before heading to the backyard. I followed her into the backyard and see everyone around. The only person I don't see is Hope. I assume she's still asleep at the moment. I don't want to wake her so I'll just see her later. My eyes land on Finch who's sitting with Cleo and talking. I hate that I have to do this. I never wanted to hurt her. She looked up at me and her expression instantly turns to a sad one. I guess she could see on my face that I wanted to talk to her and that it wasn't good. I need a moment. I speed back into the house and sigh softly.

    After a moment to myself, I hear footsteps behind me. It's still a bit odd to me that I can hear literally everything. "Jo?" I hear her voice call me. I knew it had to of been her. I turn to look at her and sighed softly. "What's wrong?" She asked and I just stood there looking at her. I don't know what to say. "Let me guess, you're breaking up with me?" I hear sadness and a bit of anger in her voice. I look down at the floor and slowly nod my head. "It's Hope isn't it?" Her voice was now more angry and jealous than sad. "I'm sorry Finch." "I knew I should've left when I was going to before." Did she actually just say that? "It's not that I don't love you, I do. I really truly do Finch and I think a part of me always will, but.." "But I'm not her, right?" "I can't be with you and just act like I don't have feelings for her. It wouldn't be fair to any of us." She gives me a look, telling me that she understood that but I know that she still couldn't believe this was happening. I didn't want to do this so early in the day but she saw it written all over my face and I couldn't hide it. "I don't know what will happen with me and Hope but if I don't give it a shot, I will forever wonder what would happen if I did. I'm sorry Finch, I never wanted to hurt you, believe me I didn't." I sighed softly. "But I can't act like I don't have feelings for her. And if I did act while being with you, I would always be wondering and you would always be sceptical and that's not a good relationship." She sighed softly. "I guess you're right. Then I guess this is goodbye Jo." I looked at her confused. "W-what do you mean goodbye?" "Jo, I can't stay here and watch you two together, it would just hurt. It's best if I leave." "No, you can't. You found friends, a family, a home. You belong here." I feel horrible that she feels she can't stay. "I don't want you to have to give that up." "I'm sorry Jo, I have to. Imagine if it was the other way around, would you be able to handle seeing me or Hope with someone else?" She was right. I wouldn't be able to handle it. I managed to do it with Hope for so long but that's only because I managed to push my feelings away and thought that they had disappeared. Apart of me was always jealous to see her with Landon but I just assumed it was me being jealous of their relationship and not because of who was in the relationship. Before I could stop her, she said goodbye one last time, gave me a kiss on my cheek and left the house. I chased after her because I really didn't want her to leave but she was gone. I sighed softly and tried to hold back my tears. I never wanted to hurt her or make her leave but it was the right thing to do.