Chapter 3

Landon's P.O.V.
    It all happened so fast. I didn't know what had just happened but I ran to the window and saw Hope was no where in sight. Did she just try to feed from me? I could tell something was definitely wrong. I knew I needed to go tell someone, so I started to run towards the twins' room. I knew one of them had to be in the room and if they weren't I will run around this whole school, looking for one of them or anyone to help.

    Once I got to their room, I frantically knocked on the door, hoping one of them would open the door. Eventually the door opened and I saw Josie standing in front of me, probably wondering what is going on. "Josie, I need your help!" I said, trying to stay calm enough to explain but with the shock of almost being fed on by my girlfriend and seeing her jump out her window, was making it hard. "Landon, slow down. Whatever it is, it'll have to wait because I have a date." Josie said, and before even thinking, I blurted out, "it's Hope."

Josie's P.O.V.
    The moment I heard Landon say it was Hope, I felt my heart drop, worried on what it was. "What about Hope?" I was scared on what he was about to say. "She just jumped out the window and ran off. I need your help finding her." "Why the hell would she just jump out the window?" I was confused on why she would just do something like that. "I-I don't know! All I did was bring her some food and she told me to leave but I wouldn't. And the closer I tried to get to her, she just had to get away from me and then she jumped out the window and ran off!" As Landon explained what he knew, he was basically talking with his hands and I noticed his finger with a bandage on it. "Landon, what happened to your finger?" He gave me a look and looked a little pissed at me for just asking that. "My finger doesn't matter right now! Hope is what matters at this moment, why are you worried about my finger?" "Just tell me what happened to your finger." I said, trying not to yell at him. "I cut it on a thorn, why does that even matter?!" "Stop yelling at me Landon! It matters because Hope just went through her final transition so it's possible, she ran off because she couldn't stand the smell of your bloody finger and didn't want to hurt you." When I saw the realization on Landon's face, I knew he understood what had happened. "Well we have to find her, will you help me?" He asked me and I gave him a nod, "of course I will help you find her."

    Before we could go searching for Hope, Finch came to my room and I instantly felt bad. "Hey Jo, are you ready?" Landon looked back at me and nodded slightly, letting me know that he'll wait for me, while I talked to Finch. After Landon was gone, I sighed softly and looked at Finch. "Oh no, what is it?" I saw the look on her face and felt even worse. "I have to reschedule our date. I'm sorry Finch." "Why, what's wrong?" "I have to help Landon go find Hope. She ran off and we need to find her before something worse happens." The moment I said that, Finch gave me a look. "Oh c'mon Josie. Hope can handle herself, just forget about her and let Landon deal with it." Hearing her say something like that, I suddenly got mad at her. I knew she was right about Hope being able to take care of herself and Landon being able to find her or find someone else to help him find her but I couldn't help but get mad and I didn't know why. "Hope is going through something right now and I want to be there to help her." "Jo, we've all been through stuff, she'll be okay." I knew she was right but I also knew Hope wasn't like all of us. Not only was she the only one of her kind but she has been through so much that was a lot for her. "You can't say something like that. Hope is different from us and she's been through a lot more than you really know. Probably more than you've ever been through." Did I just say that? "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that." Finch just looked at me with a look that I couldn't tell what it meant. "Jo, you are always defending her, going after her, helping her, worrying about her and who knows what else. It's almost like you have feelings for her." When she said that, I could hear it repeating in my mind, do I have feelings for Hope? That question kept playing in my mind, as if I was trying to find the answer to it. "What? No I don't have feelings for her. I love you Finch. Hope and I are best friends, I'm always trying to be a good best friend for her so when she needs someone, I'm gonna be there for her." I said, but I honestly wasn't very convinced in my own words but why? Do I actually have feelings for Hope? There's no way, right? I mean we're close but I don't think I have feelings for her. I get shaken out of my thoughts when I hear Finch speak up again. "Are you sure?" I looked at her, wondering if I was sure but ignored it and smiled at her. "Yeah I'm sure. So please forgive me for this but I have to go help her. It's what I do for the people I care about and she's my best friend." I hear Finch let out a sigh and give me a nod. "Okay fine. Go get your best friend and we will have our date later. I'm sorry for over reacting a bit." "It's okay. I promise we will have that date." I said and gave her a quick kiss. "Thank you." I said and started to go meet up with Landon but heard Finch say one last thing. "By the way you look amazing!" I thought hearing her say that I look amazing would give me some butterflies or make my heart skip a beat but nothing. I assumed it was just because I was worried about Hope being out there alone, so I just ignored my thoughts at the moment.

    Once I met up with Landon, I apologized to him for being too long before we headed out to find Hope. I knew she would've gone somewhere far away from people so the only place she could've gone is the old mill to hide from people or to the woods. "Josie, what if we don't find her before, well you know?" I looked at Landon and shook my head. "No, don't think like that. We will find her. She has to either be roaming around the woods or at the old mill. If we don't find her in the woods, we will check the mill." Landon looked at me, "why didn't you just do a location spell?" "I didn't think we would have time. We don't want her doing something she would regret." I said and Landon sighed softly, telling me he agreed with me. "And when we do find her, you need to stay as far away from her as possible because she'll be able to smell that blood from a mile away and we don't want her losing it again." "As much as I don't want to be far from her in a time like this, I promise I'll stay back." He said and hearing him want to be close to Hope, made me feel something, something that seemed like jealousy but why the hell would I be jealous of Hope and her boyfriend? I shake myself out of my thoughts and focused on the task at hand. "We will find her." We have to find her. I won't stop until we do.

Author's Note:
So the more I keep writing new chapters, the more I want to keep going with it but I don't want to update like multiple chapters in a day. I actually wrote this one yesterday but saved it for today. I hope you all like this chapter. Thanks again to the people who are reading, voting, and adding to their library's to read later on, I really appreciate it and never thought I'd get many readers to begin with.