Chapter 28

Josie's P.O.V.
    It's been about a week since Hope turned on her humanity. Dad and the others had gone home, because he couldn't leave the other kids gone for too long. Mom, Lizzie, Hope, and I stayed in New Orleans, so I could learn control before going home. I didn't want to end up hurting one of my friends because I didn't have control. Hope has been, well.. she's been doing alright. She's still getting used to the idea that Landon is gone and it was her who killed him. I've tried my best to make her feel better and it works somewhat but I know she's still hurting. And I think she's still hurting over the whole no humanity thing. She did hurt a lot of people. Even if they were okay, she did still hurt them. I heard her wake up screaming one night so I've been staying in her room at night. Yes it is because I want to be there for her to make her feel better from her nightmares, but at the same time, I get to sleep with my cute tribrid in my arms. We haven't gone on an actual date yet, or said that we were official, but it feels like we are actually together. I know dad still has to get used to it but whether he does or not, I'm not leaving Hope. I love her.

    It was another day of training and Hope was here to help and be supportive but after a while she needed a moment alone. I think she still blames herself for my death and I hate it. When we finished training, I head up to find Hope. I walk into her room, which has recently been my room as well, so I didn't have to knock this time. "Hope?" I said and she turned around to look at me. She was sitting at her easel painting a picture. It wasn't completed but I could tell who it was. Landon. Was I jealous that she was painting him and not me? Of course I was but at the same time I knew he was her best friend and boyfriend for a while. No matter how jealous I get, I know she loves me. "It's coming out nicely." I said softly and walked over to her. "Y-you're not jealous that I'm painting Landon?" She asked. Can she read my mind? "What, no? Of course not." I lied. "You are." She said and gave me a look. How does she see right through me? "Okay maybe I am a little jealous but I understand. He was your best friend and boyfriend." She gave me another look. I guess when I said boyfriend, I probably sounded even more jealous than before. "Hey don't give me that look. You get all angry tribrid whenever Finch is mentioned." I said and saw how her eyes instantly flashed yellow, meaning that I made her jealous and angry. She turned around to try and hide how jealous and angry she was and I just wrapped my arms around her from behind. I rest my chin on her shoulder and give her a kiss on the cheek. "I'm sorry babe." Yeah we've been doing that a lot now recently too. "I know how much you miss him." "It's just not the same without him. I thought if I had this painting, it would be easier but it's not." I know how she is with losing people. First her mom, then her dad and uncle, and now Landon. This must be so hard for her. "It'll be okay. I'm here to help in anyway I can." I feel her hands over mine and her head resting against mine. "Thanks Jo. You always know how to make me feel better." I smiled softly and sighed happily. This girl makes me so happy and I want her to know that she does. I think it's about time. "Hey, how about me and you get out of here for the night?" I asked, hoping she would agree to it. "We can get away from everything for a while." "Is this a date?" I hear her ask and I chuckled softly. "Our first one, yes." I say and pulled away to look at her. She turns to look at me. "I would love to have a date with you." She said and I smiled happily. "Good. I'll go get ready in Lizzie's room and you get ready in here." She smiles at me and turned back around, to start packing up her paints. I lean down by her and whisper in her ear. "Wear something sexy. Although you could wear anything and still be sexy." I run out with my vampire speed before she could say anything. "Josie!" I hear her yelling, making me chuckle softly.

    I walk into Lizzie's room and see her sitting on the bed. "Why do you look so happy?" She asks and I rolled my eyes at her question but couldn't hide my smile. "Hope and I are going on our first date." I said and she got up as fast as she possibly could. "Finally! Now let's see what you should wear." She said and started looking through my clothes. I rolled my eyes, knowing she would've done something like this. "I can find my own outfit Liz." I said and she just shot me a glare. "Alright fine, you can help, but only because I know you won't take no for an answer." I said and rolled my eyes again. She kept looking through the clothes, trying to find me something to wear for mine and Hope's date.