Chapter 5

Hope's P.O.V.
    It has been a few days since the incident with Landon. I still haven't been able to learn control over my bloodlust and it's starting to drive me crazy. Everyone has tried to help but nothing has really helped. The only thing is whenever Josie is around, I never feel the urge as much. Why is that I wonder? It's like she calms me enough to control it. But why would she have this effect on me? I knew what I had to do. Not only was it for my own good but it's been too long since I've done this. I have to go home to New Orleans to get help from my uncle Kol. I know it's mainly to get help so I can control my bloodlust but it will also be very nice to see everyone again. Although, always going home did bring back some bad memories as well. It was where I lost three of the people who meant most to me. But other than that, I did always love New Orleans. It was home. I knew I couldn't just leave so I headed towards Dr. Saltzman's office.

    Once I got to his office, I knocked on the door, already knowing he or someone else was on the other side of the door because I could hear a heart beat. "Come in!" I hear his voice call out and I open the door, walking in. I close the door behind me and saw him sitting at his desk, reading something. I assumed it was either just something he wanted to read or it was about the merge, the next thing we had to deal with. With no monsters or anything chasing us at the moment, that's all we had to worry about, besides me being fully tribrid now. The thought of losing one of them, killed me on the inside. I didn't want either one to die. Thinking of both sisters, and the different ways it would end, the ending where Josie didn't make it, killed me the most. It was most likely because she was my best friend and I didn't think I'd be able to handle losing anyone else. But why was Josie the main one I was scared for? It couldn't be more than the thought of losing my best friend, was it? "Hope?!" I hear Dr. Saltzman speak up, shaking me out of my thoughts. "Yeah? Sorry, lost in thought." "I was calling you for a good bit of time. Is everything okay?" He asked and I tried to push the thought of the merge into the back of my head so he wouldn't be able to tell something was wrong, besides what I had planned on coming in to talk to him about. "I needed to talk to you." "What is it Hope? Take a seat." He said, probably assuming it would be a bit. I take a seat and wondered how he would take this. "So you know I haven't been able to control my thirst. Well I think I should head home and have my uncle Kol help. He's been through this before and I know he's probably got a method to help. I just didn't want to leave without telling anyone." I sit there, waiting to see what he would say. "I guess it would help and with no monsters or any other threats at the moment, we don't really need an all powerful tribrid here to protect us." I rolled my eyes a bit at that comment but smiled slightly at him. "Thanks Dr. Saltzman. I want to get my thirst under control so I don't hurt anyone." "I know you do Hope. We believe you can do it." "Well I guess I should go pack. The sooner I get there, the sooner I can learn control and come back." "If you need anything, let me know."

    I get up and leave his office. I head back to my room and grabbed a bag so I can pack. I would like to surprise my family but I should call, to make sure they're at home. I grab my phone and dial the number of the phone in the house. "Hello?" I hear on the other side of the phone and instantly smile. "Hey aunt Rebekah." I said and could tell she smiled after hearing my voice, by the way her next response sounded. "Well if it isn't my favorite little niece." "I'm your only niece. Why do all of you always call me your favorite niece?" I hear her chuckle on the other end. "Because you always will be our favorite niece. So what's giving me the honor of getting this call?" She asked and I sighed softly, which probably told her something was up because of what she asked next. "What's wrong Hope?" "Well, you know how I finally had to go through my final transition into the tribrid?" "Yeah, I wish I could've been there for you sweetheart. But what's going on?" "Well.. I haven't been able to control my thirst. I've tried on my own and with everyone's help here but nothing's working." I confessed to my aunt. "I'm sorry Hope. I know it's tough, it was for all of us, mostly your uncle." "Yeah that's why I'm calling. I wanted to let you all know that I'm coming home to get his help since I know he's been through it before. Maybe he will or you and aunt Freya will have a method to help me." "I'm happy to hear that you're coming home. I know we can help you get control, we won't stop until we do. I'll let everyone else know. I can't wait to see you sweetheart." I always loved hearing my aunt's accent. It always made me feel like I'm already back in New Orleans. "I'll be coming in the morning, so I'll see you soon. I have to pack, so I should go." "Alright, we love you." "And I love you guys. Bye auntie Beks."