Seeking the Truth | Rayaari F...

By teen_writer04

Kumandra has been restored but peace doesn't reign for too long. A new, completely unexpected force arises an... More

1: Poisoned Thoughts
2: Dull Moment
3: Departing
4: Royal Visit
5: Arms of a Stranger
6: Broken
8: Convincing
9: Outlet of Pain
10: New One
11: Plans
12: Beginning of it all
13: Clarity
14: Budding War
15: Unexpected Turn
16: Jeopardy
17: Mental Darkness
18: Rejection
Part 19 - Wave of Pride
20: A Bond to Be
21: Back to the Past
22: Mother's Love
23: Conception
24: The Meeting
25: Fragile Hearts
26: Mild History
27: Complexities
28: The Hunt and the Choice
29: Lake Menipu Megah
30: Back to Heart
31: Tale of Tail
32: A Loving Evening
33: Between a Rock and a Hard Place
34: Man Down
35: Leaders Converge
36: Getaway
37: Conflicted
38: Building Tensions
39: Race Against Time
40: New Changes
41: Dear Brother...
42: All Hail the Queen (Part I)
43: All Hail the Queen (Part II)
All Hail the Queen - Finale
SEQUEL ON THE WAY!!

7: Disturbed

339 11 4
By teen_writer04

After warning the Tail Chief, Pengu and Eriq returned to the cave but stayed on the outside, looking out into the blue. 

"So..." Pengu began in his deep, strong voice. "Feeling much better?"

"Oh absolutely. I'm really great. You?"

"Likewise. A bit on edge because of all that's happening but I'm good."

"I'm sure everything will be fine. Don't worry Pengu."

Pengu gave him a sweet smile and Eriq felt as though his heart skipped a beat. Since they all came back from being stone, he got close to Pengu and his siblings but he felt most attached to Pengu. That's why he was so willing to risk his life. He wanted to please him and it's more than just 'pleasing a close friend'. Eriq had been developing some 'unusual' emotions for the water dragon but no way was he going to tell him that. He preferred living in his imagination and picturing what they could be. It felt safe but it wasn't real.

"I'm not too worried Eriq. With dragons like you, no way will Kumandra be defeated. You're very powerful and conscientious. Those are two assets to guarantee our victory."

Eriq only blushed even more. "It's an honor, Pengu. I'll do anything for us."

Pengu smiled at him before saying, "That's very sweet of you."

.............................................................................................................

Chief Benja bowed to Jagan and said, "Hello Jagan, is something happening?"

"It's impending, for all of Kumandra. A large group of unknown warriors are plotting to overthrow the rulers of Kumandra and you are in jeopardy right now. We first sensed negative energy and early this morning before the break of dawn, one of the dragons flew to check it out and he was attacked but thankfully, Pengu rescued him. He and Sisu also swam to the energy and that's when they saw the massive army. Plotting to strike within a week and their aim is each leader. Pengu believes that all the dragons can easily defeat them but we won't underestimate their potential so we are notifying each leader so that they can formulate a plan should in case anything escalates."

The Chief and Princess were shocked at what Jagan said. Raya instantly thought of the dreams she had. "Jagan, I think I might be linked to this somehow. I've recently been having dreams...being attacked in them and surrounded by darkness. Someone from Fang also has the same episodes and he believes that they are visions."

"Hmm...and this is constant?"

Raya nodded yes. "Every night they happen. But what connection would I have with a group of people that want to destroy Kumandra?"

Jagan thought for a moment before responding, "Maybe because you saved the world, you have the ability to see things like this to warn us."

"That wouldn't be hard to believe, dewdrop." Said the Chief.

"But why doesn't anyone else like... Namaari has those dreams? Although... her cousin is the one going through the same thing that I am."

Jagan exhaled and said, "I'll let Pengu know of this. In two days when we will collectively meet, invite your companion. I think there is a dragon that can see your dreams and interpret them so you can meet with her and possibly understand why they're happening and if you are truly connected. For now, focus on coming up with that defense plan for Heart and to a greater extent, Kumandra."

"Okay we will Jagan, thank you for the notice." said the Chief.

After Jagan left, Chief Benja said, "I really don't want a war but if we should have an army on standby, we'll just have to."

"This scares me, Ba. For many reasons. Because I'm connected to this somehow and...what if the Druun return?"

"They won't return dewdrop. Kumandra is not fighting itself, we'll be defending our people as one nation, not tearing each other apart. And as Jagan said, you'll know what your dreams mean when you see the dragon that can interpret them. And I'll protect you at all costs."

"I will protect you too."

Benja smiled at his daughter before saying, "But I think Heart and Fang should merge to protect the western side of Kumandra and the armies of Spine, Talon and Tail should merge for the east because we'll be stronger together. I'll immediately write to Chief Virana and the others so that we can discuss this alliance plan." 

"Okay Ba."

"Don't worry too much though dewdrop."

"I won't, but I really want to see Zou right now."

"I know that you miss him. I'll tell Chief Virana that he's needed here since he has a connection. You'll see him tomorrow."

Raya smiled at him. "Thanks Ba."

The rest of the day was pretty tense for each land. Most citizens were unaware since the chiefs didn't want panic but they could tell that things were unusual. Despite the fact that Raya missed out of 6 years of learning, she was still at an advanced level in her training and her Ba selected her to train those who were willing to be a part of Heart's army and she did a great job at teaching different skills even in a very short amount of time and despite being very skillful and fierce, she was gentle.

***********************************************************************

"This is all too coincidental. The fact that I was concerned about the possibility of future wars and now, there is a threat to Kumandra." said Chief Virana to General Atitaya.

"Very much so. But at least we already have a plan and our recruits have become exceptional. And I think it would be good to fight with a nation like Heart. They do not have a lot of warriors as we do so we'll have to fight by them." replied the General.

"Agreed. And I'm happy we developed some lethal weapons. I want a dose of the toxic chemical for our reserved arrows. Once they're dusted with it and just a spec enters the blood stream, that individual is dead within seconds. But those are our last resort weapons and should be reserved unless Noru gives the go-ahead to use them." said the Chief.

"Yes your majesty."

"Chief Virana," began a servant as he bowed to her.

"Yes?"

"A letter from Heart." 

Chief Virana took the letter and said, "Thank you."

She opened it and read it and a smile formed on her face, "Wonderful. They request our alliance. We're inevitably alliances anyway but I'm glad that they reached out to us. We'll meet tomorrow and they also want Zou to join the meeting. Hmm...I wonder what for. Could you summon him for me, General?"

"At once, Chief."

Zou was sitting outside alone. All he could think about was Raya and he was genuinely so hurt that Chief Benja banned him without even hearing his explanation of why they were in that seemingly compromising position. The General found him after around 10 minutes of searching. 

"Zou, there you are."

"Hello General Atitaya..." He said with a rather irritable tone.

"Are you okay?"

"No but I really would rather to stay alone."

"I'm sorry to hear that things aren't okay but Chief Virana requests to see you."

Zou sighed before getting up and going to the throne room. Chief Virana saw how pissed he looked and said, "If it isn't my very handsome, determined and strong nephew...looking so upset?"

Zou's expression softened a bit at the compliments from his aunt. "I'm sorry Aunt Virana but I'm in a very unpleasant mood."

"Hmm I see. Care to share why?"

"I'm sorry but I really don't want to talk about it at the moment."

"Understood Zou, but here's something that might make you feel better. Chief Benja has requested for you to journey with Namaari and I to discuss serious matters."

Zou could've sworn he felt his heart drop at the mention of Chief Benja. His eyebrows furrowed and in a firm voice, he said, "I will not be going to Heart. Not after what Chief Benja's done to me. I do not want anything to do with him or Heart for that matter." In his mind he said ,"Except for you, Raya."

Chief Virana was shocked and she cleared her throat and said, "So some explaining is most certainly needed Zou. I need to know what has happened between you and the Chief. We can talk in private if you'd like."

"Yes please..."

"Okay. Let's go to my office."

Zou followed the Chief and he sat next to her.

"What has Chief Benja done to you, Zou?" asked Virana tenderly.

Zou explained all that happened and she seemed completely shocked. After he explained everything, Chief Virana said, "I was not expecting that he'd ever do something like that. As a parent myself, I'd be concerned if I see some new person in bed with my daughter but before I make assumptions, I'd want to find out why and that's what Chief Benja failed to do. Sending you out the palace is one thing but commanding you to not return to Heart? That was uncalled for and unnecessary and you have every right to be mad. You can remain at Fang tomorrow if you desire so. Namaari and I will go."

"Thank you for understanding Aunt Virana." said Zou.

The Chief gave him a hug and said, "Of course, dear." 

Although Zou longed to see Raya, he doesn't want to see the Chief and was certainly not planning on going into Heart. Or...

****************************************************************************************

The following day, Namaari and her mother got ready and departed from Fang, leaving the General in charge. Raya knew that Zou would possibly be there and that enlightened her mood a little. They were to all meet close to midday. She got dressed in one of Heart's beautiful traditional outfits and awaited their guests.

Raya smiled when she heard that Fang was there but that smile faded to a frown when she didn't see Zou. Chief Virana saw the look of disappointment on her face. She and Namaari greeted the Heart leaders and then she requested to speak with Raya.

"Hello Princess, you're looking so beautiful."

"Good day Chief Virana, thank you." replied Raya.

"I know why you're sad dear. Zou is truly hurt because of what your father has done. He wants to see you, but he has not joined Namaari and I in actually being here in the palace. But he is waiting for you...at the bridge." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More updates soon so stick around!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 3.5K 29
Y/n the guardian princess and her best friend Ray, prince of heart are put up against enemies and druun to help unify the world once more as Kumandra...
1.5K 69 14
It's been almost two years since the events of Past Life and To Trust Again. And since that day, Namaari hasn't gone back to Fang to make it up to he...
115K 1K 37
-Warning: sensitive topics and swearing.- Romantic and sometimes platonic oneshots with all your favourite Disney characters ✨ 💖 💕 Please note that...
22K 1.3K 9
ARSHI LOVE STORY. They met by accident, fall in love by accident. But do they? What if all of this already preplanned? What will happen to their love?