Different (Juuzou Suzuya X Re...

By Petalmist12

-Juuzou Suzuya X Reader- (Y/n) (L/n), a young ghoul investigator who graduated at the top of her class is ass... More

Beginning Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 12

688 36 9
By Petalmist12

A/n
Hello, and thank you for 375+ reads and 10+ votes! Also, a special thanks to Kittyblue79 for voting! A quick note, I'm not sure what Mutsuki's pronouns are or if/when they exactly change if they do, so I'll be using they/them pronouns for them. Here's today's chapter :)

A little while ago we had been assigned a case involving a ghoul called 'The Nutcracker,' a female ghoul notorious for crushing the testicles of her male victims. We had managed to track her down in a certain area, though the CCG's new addition, the Quinx Squad, had also just been assigned to join us. If course, this means another meeting. The Quinx Squad is a group of four, five including Haise Sasaki, artificially-made half ghouls under the watch of Akira and Sasaki.

I sit in a meeting room next to Sasaki, an empty seat next to me. He never fails to be late. I smile while looking at the chair, the seat past it occupied by one of my subordinates, Hanbee Abara, a Rank 1, or Second Class, Investigator. Past him sits Mizurou Tamaki and Miyuki Mikage, also Rank 1's, among with First Class Investigator Keijin Nakurai. Two other members of the Quinx squad, Kuki Urie and Tooru Mutsuki also in attendance. We all sit in silence, skimming our reports as we patiently wait for the three missing people to show up.

"There are a few people still missing, but let us begin." Hanbee finally says.

"I'm late!" A voice says as a familiar figure walks through the door wearing a smile. Those of us on the Suzuya Squad stand up to greet our leader with a bow.

"Good morning, Assistant Special Investigator Juuzou Suzuya!" We all say in unison. I know he couldn't care less about this sort of greeting, but it's fun to tease him about.

"Oh, hey!" He replies, giving us a salute.

"Hey, Juuzou." Sasaki stands up to greet him with a small wave.

"Haise!" Juuzou cheers, running over to the taller man, patting him down for snacks, finding multiple in the many pockets of Sasaki's jacket.

"You're the best, Haise! Well, not as much as (Y/n), but you're definitely second!" Juuzou says with a big grin, cradling his food to his chest. Hanbee nods in agreement while Sasaki smiles smugly.

"I'm so sorry we're late!" Another voice calls, catching our attention. In the doorway is a sharp toothed, blond man with a small purple haired girl riding on his back. That would make all of us. Those would be Investigators Saiko Yonebayashi and Ginshi Shirazu, no doubt late due to Yonebayshi's sleep schedule.

"Shirazu, and... Saiko." Mutsuki addresses them in surprise, standing up from their spot while Urie continues to ignore them.

"I'm so sorry, Sassan! I'm so late!" Shirazu exclaims.

"No, it's okay... More importantly, thank you for bringing Saiko." Sasaki says with a smile. Urie scoffs, looking away. This guy really needs an attitude change. Once we finally get everyone to their seats, Hanbee starts talking again.

"Please take a look at the documents before you." He says. "That's the list of ingredients that we found at Nutcracker's house."

"Ingredients, huh?" Sasaki hums. Juuzou catches my eye, sliding a piece of (favorite candy) over to me, sticking out his tongue mischievously, his table space already covered in wrappers. I give him a smile, popping the candy into my mouth and tucking the wrapper into my pocket.

"We believe that Nutcracker is kidnapping people and collecting them for the auction." Hanbee says.

"Auction?" Mutuski questions.

"They auction off humans they've abducted." Sasaki answers.

"'They' being ghouls, of course. Humans are auctioned off to be eaten like some type of gourmet food or made into slaves." I say, frowning despite the sweet treat in my mouth.

"Slaves..." Mutsuki murmurs with a worried look. Juuzou looks over at Hanbee, giving him a smile to urge him to continue, a piece of candy sticking out from between his lips. Oh, so we're at that part of the briefing.

"It is believed that the SS rate ghoul, Big Madame is participating in these auctions." Hanbee informs them. My frown deepens. "Please conduct this investigation with the fact that this may also end up as a joint investigation with Division II, as well."

With that, the meeting is over and we go out separate ways. I still hadn't been in the best mood since then, I hate hearing about things like that. I don't know how Juuzou could handle that, but I'm just glad he's happy and safe now. Well, as safe as a ghoul investigator can be. At least he's away from that. I deposit my wrapper in the trash can on the way out of the meeting room, looking down at the ground. I'll probably head back home now, I am finished for today unless I want to go ghoul hunting. Less than ten feet down the hallway and Juuzou is already at my side. I put on my best smile and turn to him.

"Are you done with work for today?" I ask.

"Yes, but that's not why I followed you." He says, looking concerned. We had talked about it before, and he knows I don't like the subject, neither of us do, but I can't help it. Maybe I'm overreacting, I mean, it doesn't even have anything to do with me but I'm still so disgusted with it. I hadn't heard much about that side of ghouls until I got to know Juuzou, but once I did...

"Want to go home?" I continue, changing the subject. He sighs and grabs my hand, not letting go until we're through the door of our apartment.

"(Y/nnnnnn)...." He groans.

"Juuzouuuuuu...." I repeat, heading to the bedroom to change into comfy clothes.

"I want to cuddle." He states bluntly, rifling through his closet for some pjs.

"Me too."

"But I also know you're upset."

"Whaaat, says who?" I say as he comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist, resting his forehead on my back. "Seriously though, it's fine. I'm just overreacting. I'll be happier once we get on with the mission because then there will be less of them."

"Mhm. Please be honest with me, though." He says, pressing a kiss to my cheek before pulling away and flopping on the bed. I laugh and follow him, snuggling close under the many blankets I had insisted we have. I love being with him and doing things like this.

The next day we are called in by Washu, Sasaki also in attendance. The meeting room feels empty with only the four of us, but we were the only ones that had been called.

"What day is the auction?" Washu asks from across the large table.

"November 11th." Sasaki answers.

"Have Investigator Mutsuki infiltrate the auction. Alone." Washu says.

"Alone?" Sasaki squeaks in surprise. He wants Mutsuki, an inexperienced junior investigator from the newly formed Quinx Squad to infiltrate a ghoul auction alone? Not to mention that, from what I've heard from Sasaki, he has never been able to use his kagune before. All three of us look at him, our eyes wide.

"Of course. Just in case of a security check, he won't be able to take his quinque. He's a Quinx, so he should be fine." Washu says blandly.

"But... Investigator Mutsuki isn't ready for such a—"

"What do you mean by 'But,' Investigator Sasaki?" Washu asks, his features dark and his glasses glinting in the light.

"Investigator Washu." Juuzou calls, raising his hand, me and Sasaki turning to look at him. "May I attend the auction, too?"

"Investigator Suzuya?" Sasaki questions.

"Juuzou..." I murmur.

"If we want to mess them up from the inside, we should have at least one other person." Juuzou says with a close-eyed smile, the cold look on Washu's stare not fazing him. A moment later, the older man relents with a small nod.

"Very well." He says.

"Thank you very much!" Juuzou says, finally meeting Sasaki's eyes, giving him a wink and sticking out his tongue mischievously. Suddenly, someone knocks on the door.

"Come in." Washu says and we all turn to look at who it is. Akira! "S2 squad, Suzuya squad, as well as Investigators Hirako, Mado, and Shimoguchi will all command a unit. I will now explain the details of Operation Auction Sweep."

Eventually, we are dismissed once again, me and Juuzou speedwalking ahead of everyone to leave.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" I ask, looking at him out of the corner of my eye.

"Mhm, I promise." He says as I take his hand.

"I wish I could go with you..."

"I know, but you don't have anywhere to conceal weapons, and I still need you to lead the squad while I'm in there." He says, rubbing my knuckles with his thumb. "Besides, you'll be in there with me soon enough."

Then begins our week of preparation. Training takes up most of out time, though we also take time with loved ones. For me and Juuzou, part of that means visiting Shinohara. Before I know it, the day of the mission is upon us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 75 13
Tokyo Ghoul X Reader ...with undertones of Yanderes. .・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。. Its mostly Kaneki x Reader x Hide...Because they deserve the wo...
2.6K 114 13
-Akimitsu Mochizuki X Reader- (Y/n) Terauchi. Younger sister of Shotaro Terauchi, the captain of Ionodai High's skate-leading team. Being in the same...
219K 5.6K 58
Kimetsu no yaiba x reader (y/n) went from a lowy maid to a powerfull demon in one day. Her goal is to make save houses for upper moons and to update...
348K 10.8K 51
-Karma Akabane X Reader- (Y/n) has always had a hard time making friends. In fact, she hasn't had one since Junior High started. With her grades you'...