Perseus- The Lost God

By PradeepX21

An alternate universe, where Percy is the firstborn of Kronos and Rhea. He leaves Olympus after finding out h... More

Introduction
Reunion
Talking to the Moon
Prophecy of War
I'm Toasted
Beating a Bastard
Heart to Heart
Las Vegas
The Prophecy Comes True
A New Age
First Date
A Birthday Surprise
Thalia's decision
Westover Hall & The Hunters
First Strike
Mourning & Decisions
Truth & Decisions

Uncovering Secrets

9.4K 154 70
By PradeepX21

Gangs, I don't know if you've noticed or not, but I have made Annabeth 15, almost 16 in this fic. I don't want to ship a 12 year old with a millennia-old God. Perseus and Annabeth will grow in their relationship as the years go.

Those of you who don't want Annabeth to be paired with Perseus, I'm sorry, but the pairings are fixed. I am a huge Percabeth shipper and feel weird writing about Annabeth with someone else.

Join my Discord server - https://discord.gg/fB4uMXhWF8

"That was fun," Perseus said, looking over them. Annabeth gaped at him; his body still hadn't healed fully, and this was fun for him? She thought it was one of those idiotic boy things girls wouldn't understand. She ran at him and hugged him, blushing red at being in close contact with the God, but still kept hugging him.

Grover who had finally seen enough collapsed. Can't blame the satyr for getting lightheaded after all that.

Perseus wrapped his hands around Annabeth as he looked over the carnage that was caused.

'I do not like what this means for the future.' He thought to himself.

Third Person Pov

The three of them then traveled to the woods to spend the night. It had been a tiring day. Perseus was still recovering from his injuries. Grover, the poor satyr was still scared that something was going to come out of the woods and attack them.

Annabeth was still reeling in the fact that Giants had risen, and if she understood correctly, which she did. The Titan King Kronos was rising too. With him he would bring many enemies and Titans. Giants and Titans, of all wars, this would be the most gruesome war in history. She cursed her Athenian brain for always thinking, sometimes very morbid thoughts. Thankfully Grover started talking as they all settled down.

"Lord Perseus, you were there when my Lord Pan wasn't lost. What was he like?" Grover asked, looking around the woods. Plastics, beer bottles and many other things polluted the forest. The humans made him very angry at times; it was their fault that Pan had gone into hiding. They had been pillaging Pan's kingdom for centuries, to the point that the great god had to go in hiding.

Annabeth also zoned in on their conversation, of all the years she had been friends with Grover. He regularly talked about Pan and how he would be the one to find him.

Perseus turned to the satyr, "He was kind, and energetic. You remind me of him."

Grover smiled slightly, then frowned. How could the god be anything like him, a coward scrawny satyr?

Perseus saw his predicament and addressed him, "Don't think so little of yourself Satyr. Just because you get scared doesn't mean you are a coward. Brave warriors feel fear too, the ones who say they don't are just fools. Fear is the basic of emotions, it drives people to do great and terrible things. It's how you overcome that fear is important. I have a feeling that when push comes to shove you will be able to beat your fear."

Grover nodded happily that he thought so much of him. Annabeth smiled too, Perseus had the wisdom in him that comes after being millennia old.

"Pan was like a young child sometimes and a grandfather at times. He would stay out of fighting, but when it comes to the protection of his domains, he would strangle even a Titan with his vines. He always ran around with Dionysus, drinking and partying. He got scared too, he was scared of flying. One day Hermes, his father gave him his chariot to ride. Pan crashed the chariot in a barren land in some village. The villagers thought that the Gods were angry at them and were punishing them. They started praying and sacrificing crops and food for forgiveness. Later I blessed the villagers to thrive." Perseus smiled, remembering the God of Wild.

Grover and Annabeth smiled too. It was good to hear about such stories of gods; it made them feel more connected to them.

"So what is the story of that pine tree at half-blood hill? I sensed powerful magic in that tree." Perseus asked, and immediately Grover and Annabeth tensed. They looked at each other, then Grover decided to tell the tale.

"Lord Perseus its a long story so listen carefully. 70 years ago, when World War 2 happened, it was fought between the children of Big Three. A son of Hades was responsible for it, he spread carnage and destruction. So a son of Poseidon, and a son of Zeus, joined forces against him, and defeated him. The war caused more than millions of lives to perish. The Gods decided that the children of Big Three were too powerful, and Zeus made his two brothers along with himself, swear on the river Styx to not have any demigod children." Grover said, looking at the distance. Perseus saw Annabeth shift and knew that wasn't the reason for it, but decided to ask later.

"They obeyed their oaths, until 22 years ago Zeus fell off the wagon, and had a daughter, Thalia. Thalia had some problems at home so she ran away when she was 12 and survived at the streets. In the streets, she met a 16 year old son of Hermes and they traveled together. They spent months at the road, until one day they found a 7 year old daughter of Athena fighting monsters with a hammer." He said, smiling and looking at Annabeth, who was lost in memory.

Perseus smiled too, he knew she was a warrior the first moment he had laid his gaze on her. As a 7 year old she fought monsters with a hammer, that's some hardcore shit.

Grover continued his story, "The three of them traveled together. A satyr was sent to bring the daughter of Zeus to camp. When he reached them he found not one but three half-bloods. Word of a daughter of Zeus got out and Hades released the worst monsters of underworld after her. They were chased all around, by furies and hellhounds. When they reached the half blood hill, the hellhounds also caught them. Thalia, made the satyr promise to get the other two half-bloods to camp, and made her stand there. She fought to give them the time to reach camp. Unfortunately she was fatally injured, there was no chance of her survival. Zeus saw this and turned her spirit into the pine tree, and now the tree protects the camp. It surrounds the camp with a magical border that no monster can cross." Grover said, and tears leaked out of his eyes. Annabeth was also sobbing silently.

Throughout the story, Perseus' blood kept boiling and he kept getting angrier. He hated nothing more than a child's unnatural death. He was going to tear Hades a new one, once he reaches the Lord of the Dead. One other thing he also noticed in the story.

"You were the satyr that was sent to bring Thalia, and Annabeth was the daughter of Athena." Perseus stated, and the satyr nodded.

Soon Grover fell asleep and Perseus turned to her, "What was the real reason behind the oath?"

Annabeth was shocked that he knew that wasn't the reason the gods made the oath. She should've known that the God of Fate would not be fooled. She knew she would have to speak the truth or he would sense it.

"Three years ago I put together some pieces that the story of the oath doesn't make sense. I asked Chiron and he denied knowing anything about it. I kept pestering him and he relented. 70 years ago a prophecy was given by the oracles. The prophecy said that a demigod child of the elder gods would have to make a decision that would decide the fate of Olympus. Whether it be saved or razed. To control the prophecy Zeus forced his brothers into swearing to not have demigod children anymore." Annabeth said, whispering so that no unwanted ears might hear them.

Perseus tensed, this was something their father had tried to do, control the prophecy. He also remembered that the furies had told him that Hades wanted to see him. He decided to visit the Lord of Dead while his companions rested.

"Listen would the two of you be alright if I left for 2 hours? I need to have a chat with Hades." Perseus asked Annabeth, and she nodded.

"Pray to me if you need any help, I will come at once." He said, and vanished into a breeze of mist.

Perseus Pov

I was angry at my brother and this time he was going to know it. I flashed my self to his throne room and summoned my Trident. It wasn't my weapon of power, but it was definitely more powerful than Poseidon's .

I slammed the floor with the hilt of my Trident, sending a shock wave throughout the underworld. A small tremor took place enough to get Hades' attention. As expected Hades arrived ready in battle armor. The armor was perfect for him; it was black as shadows and radiated fear like his helm at a lower level.

He looked at me and relaxed, but not a moment too soon. I kicked his chest, sending him tumbling to his throne. He was surprised that I would harm him. I had never harmed one of my siblings ever before; this was the first time my anger had surpassed my love for them.

Before he could rise I pointed my trident to his chest, pushing him further into his throne.

"Brother, what have I done for you to raise weapons against me?" Hades asked with wide eyes, and afraid.

"You would dare strike children? You would dare strike your own family? Tell me the reason you sent your subjects after Thalia, daughter of Zeus." I growled at him. His eyes widened further. He knew he was truly fucked now. I retracted my trident and waited for his answer.

"I ask for forgiveness to you brother. I was angry at Zeus, and in my anger I made a rash decision. You know I wouldn't do something like this for no reason, I'm not Zeus." Hades pleaded with me, and I thought that I would listen to his reasons first.

"Tell me your reasons brother. It does not fill me with joy to strike my own brother for the first time in 7 millennia. After Hestia you are the fairest God among Olympus, you must have a serious reason." I scowled at him.

Hades nodded and adjusted himself on his throne. He made a temporary throne appear for me to sit in, and I did. My anger dissolved as I looked at his broken face. I didn't like my little brother in such a state.

"About 80 years ago I fell in love with a mortal woman. A very kind, gentle soul, Maria Di'Angelo we had two children together. A girl we named Bianca Di'Angelo, and a son we named Nico Di'Angelo. The oracle had foreseen their future would be filled with pain, she asked me to hide them, but Maria wouldn't allow me. When Zeus forced me to the oath to not have demigod children, he also asked to turn over any of my children to camp half blood. But I knew what he really meant, at best my children would've been trapped as prisoners, turned against their father. Even more likely he would destroy them without any remorse." Hades said, and I could feel the anger and sadness radiating from him. As much as I would like to deny that my brother Zeus wouldn't do these things. I don't know what happened in the last couple of millennia, I wasn't here.

"I offered Maria a place at underworld, I offered to build her a golden palace at the edge of Styx. Maria didn't want our children to be raised in the land of dead so she refused. I at last offered to send the children to the layer of Lotus eaters so they can stay safe out of time for a while. She agreed and went inside the hotel they were staying in to gather her purse. Not a minute later me and my children tensed, I only had the time to cover my children with my energy, and then the hotel exploded. I swore that I would crush Zeus and make him pay. The oracle came gloating about how she had warned me before. I couldn't kill her so I cursed her to never be able to change bodies as long as my children weren't respected. When I heard that Zeus had sired a child, I was angry beyond belief that he would rip mine and my children's family, but would keep his secrets safe. So in my moment of weakness I sent my furies after his daughter." Hades told me, and I understood his intentions, but was still angry at him.

No matter the cause, you never hurt a child. I was angry at Zeus, too, and knew for the first time in my immortal life that I would have to humble the King of God with force.

"Tell me that the child at least reached Elysium?" I asked, the girl didn't get to live her life because some gods were angry, she at the least deserved Elysium.

"She never reached underworld. Zeus turned her into a tree before she could die and preserved her life force in the tree." Hades informed me, and I nodded. My eyes widened when a thought occurred to me.

"How old are your children?" I asked him, thinking of the prophecy.

"The girl is about 12 years and the boy 10 years old." Hades informed me with a frown. Thinking why I would ask him that.

"And there are no other child that could potentially be the children of prophecy?" I asked him further.

"I don't think so, Zeus doesn't have any more children and neither do I. For Poseidon, he hasn't had any affair since the oath, and is trying to be more faithful to Amphitrite." Hades tilted his head at my questioning.

I knew what I had to do now, something to throw enemies and allies out of the loop. I would have to gain the upper hand in this prophecy.

I bid my goodbye to Hades and transported myself to the woods my companions were staying in.

Grover was still asleep, and Annabeth was keeping watch. She looked at me and smiled, and I found myself smiling back. Her presence was soothing to me; her mere smile would make me happier. I didn't know what was happening to me, but I liked it.

She shifted so she was closer to me and laid by my side. "You keep watch now, I'm tired." She yawned and closed her eyes.

"Tell me what Thalia was like." I asked out of nowhere, startling her. She looked at me curiously, then answered. "She was kind, gentle but short tempered, kind of like you. If she cared for someone she would lay her life on the line for them, and she did. But if you decided to mess with someone she considered family, she would make their life living hell. She cared for me like a big sister, and loved me. You would've loved her, she was the best person I had ever met." She told me all about the daughter of Zeus.

Soon she fell asleep by my side, and I kept watch. I sat there, gazing at the woods and the pollution around me. "I know you are watching Pan. Keep patience soon you would be able to rest." I said whispering.

Immediately I felt a breeze of fresh plants and nature, something I hadn't felt ever since I returned to earth. I smirked, that was Pan showing his presence.

The whole night passed by as I kept thinking about what had become of my brothers, and family. They weren't good when I left earth. I knew that, but now they were worse. I was about to wake Annabeth and Grover so that we could start moving, when someone injected me with something, and I felt my eyes closing.

Third Person Pov

Perseus woke up to find himself bound in celestial bronze chain. He tried to move out of it when he found he couldn't. He frowned thinking that he was able to break out of celestial bronze before, but what happened now.

"Your efforts are futile, that is an alloy made of 4 distinct metals. Celestial bronze, Imperial gold, Stygian iron, and mortal steel. My Lord informed me that you were not like any other God or Titan, that you were almost in par with Primordials in terms of strength and power. So he told me a little secret recipe for an alloy, something that could even bind a Primordial." Someone taunted him. Laughing at seeing Perseus helpless.

Perseus raised his head and looked at a figure with his sword resting at Annabeth's neck. Perseus recognized the figure immediately; it was one of the Gods he despised most.

"Heracles..." He growled at the God of Strength and Heroes.

Review how you like the story so far. I'm thinking of making a discord channel to discuss some part of the story with someone, should I do it? Also what are some enemies that are powerful enough to rival Perseus in this story?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

674K 7.3K 34
After the second giant war, the Seven and leaders of both camps have been made partially immortal to train future generations of demigods. Soon a new...
131K 3.1K 14
OLD STORY CHECK 'The Moon's Guardian (2018)' FOR THE NEW STORY! Perseus Jackson, son of Poseidon. two time savior of Olympus. Defeater of Kronos, su...
34.1K 362 12
A/U. The seventh child of Kronos and Rhea, hidden from all of his siblings for three millennia. Now that he's discovered, Zeus threatened to kill the...
79.1K 1.1K 79
Sequel to The Silver Ring. Percy Jackson is finally having a normal life. Being married to Artemis but Zeus hating him, he counts himself lucky that...