Mistaken For A Guy

By Porshford

Having to bear a name that resembles that of a guy when in actual fact you're not one has its own effects. ... More

WELCOME FELLA 🤝🏻
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-one
Chapter Fifty-two
Chapter Fifty-three
Chapter Fifty-four
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter Fifty-six
Chapter Fifty-seven
Chapter Fifty-eight
Chapter Fifty-nine
Chapter Sixty
The Chapter nobody asked for...

Chapter Thirty-seven

216 24 5
By Porshford

Sam Lewis 🥵

  Come in.

Those two words said with power were enough to send chills down my spine. The bad vibes kind of chill.

I breathed deeply, pushing the door open and then I stepped inside.

  "Close the door." Connor ordered without looking up when I left the door ajar and proceeded to take steps forward.

Shit I thought he wouldn't notice.

I closed it in spite of my instincts screaming otherwise and stayed rooted at my spot.

  "You good?"

"Y– yeah."I stammered, sweat sliding the side of my head.

Connor was lying on his stomach on the lower bunk bed at the right side of the room.

The fact that he was in nothing but boxers had me wanting to dash out without delay.

He looked up from his laptop, glancing from me to the plastic bag in my hand.

"Why you standing over there? Come sit."

I shook my head, my heart threatening to jump out of my ribcage.

  "Um I brought your potato chips..."

"Let me have it?"he said more of a question and stretched his palm.

I looked around nervously, my eyes falling on the table in front.

"I'll just... leave it here. Y– you're welcome."I said, turning to leave.

"Where the hell are you going!" Connor bellowed.

"Have I dismissed you? Or did I tell you to leave it on the table? Bring it here at once!"

I wiped the sweat forming on my forehead, my legs feeling like jelly. "You see, I gah work to do that's why —"

"Come sit here with me,"he said in a tone that left no room for argument,"now. You should know better than to be making up excuses. And for heaven's sake,shun that practiced voice already!"

  I retrieved the potato chips bag from the table, gulping at the wildness of his eyes.

I took steps timidly towards him and secretly checked if my phone was intact. Just in case, I could call 911.

Connor patted the space beside him,"sit."

I obeyed but made sure to leave an innocent space between us which meant I only perched at the foot of the bed.

"Um, have it."

"Thanks darlin',"he smirked, taking it out of my hand and immediately tearing it open.

He sat up, popping some into his mouth.

"But next time try to buy a much larger one. What do you take me for to be buying inexpensive things for me?"

Patience Lord, patience.

"Anyway,"Connor shrugged his eyebrows, facing me properly with his legs crossed comfortably beneath him.

"What, come closer. Why you looking like that. Are you scared of me?"

"Not at all."I wouldn't give him that satisfaction, guys. "If you don't mind, I really want to go back to my dorm—"

"Funny."he gritted out.

"I said what I said when I called you. You're staying here with me tonight. My roommates already found a place to crash and won't be back until tomorrow."

The sickening feeling in my stomach started again.

    "You said we'll just talk for some minutes and I can leave!"

He chewed casually as if he hadn't even heard me.

"So what? You want to leave?"

My lip trembled, aching to say a loud yes.

Connor tutted, chucking the rest of the chips away.

"You forget I'm doing you a favor, woman. You're so selfish, you want things your way only. You asked for more time to make up your mind and I granted it on one condition right? Don't make it look like I'm the one asking for a favor."

   "I'm not asking for a favor either."I said in my normal voice, not able to hold it in any longer. "You are. Am I not right?"

He was taken aback but only for a sec.

"How so? I'm practically covering up for your sorry ass in case you forgot."

I raised my right brow (because it is the one I can raise properly without the left also drawing up).

"For a price Connor. Aren't you just doing it for sex? So you can satisfy your libido? Missing your hookups already so you decided to find a substitute? Me?—"

When I saw his hand raised,it was too late.

The sharp sting that struck me on the left cheek had my head reeling before the realization dawned on me.

He had slapped me.

Second time he laid his hand on me.📌

I turned my head slowly to look at him, not at all surprised that he didn't look remorseful.

"The next time you open that mouth of yours to spew shit at me. You better run."

The rage inside me was growing and the painful part was that there was nothing I could do. Just stare and kill him in my head.

A smirk was playing on his lips as he continued.

"Your mouth forces you into too much trouble,Sam. You know, I'm not asking for you to like me coz I already made it clear that you're not my type at all. So if you don't like me, just breathe in and out. There's nothing more you can do about it."

I rubbed my cheek unconsciously, feeling the sting of his hard slap.

I learnt dust was used to create us but maybe the dust got finished and God used steel for Connor?

At this point, any doubt I was feeling earlier had vanished completely.

Desperate times call for desperate measures– I needed to save my disguise, but I would never sleep with a violent person.

Someone who's got no respect for women and won't hesitate to hit them.

  "I may not be able to do anything to you like you're saying. But thanks for clearing the doubts I was having,"I shook my head, giving him a glare of mine.

"That's it for you Connor. Consider the chips my last thing I did for you. That fucking deal? I'm out."

Point made clear, I stood up, ready to leave.

To my horror, the guy suddenly burst out in maniacal laughter. That kind of laughter as if something was really really hilarious. It was scary.

Guys... he's kinda creeping me out...

Maybe he's on drugs?

I shivered inwardly, ready to make a quick dash out.

I mean, you never know what the next move of such persons could be.

Connor sat up, sobering up as he wiped the corner of his eyes.

"My goodness! You,sit,sit let's talk."

        "There's nothing to talk about green man. I meant every word. I will not go on with this deal of yours, not now, not ever."

He chuckled richly, standing up and dwarfing me by that.

"You're making a huge mistake dear. I'll pardon you coz you ain't thinking straight —"

     "You're a fool."I interrupted smoothly, crossing my arms against my chest.

"You want proof that I've really made up my mind? Gladly."

I made to step past and walk out on him but Connor didn't give me the chance as he stepped closer, blocking my path.

    "Excuse me?"I said coldly, my eyes glaring.

Gone was that goofy expression he had on when he was laughing.

A hard look had been replaced instead and the aura around him changed, making my heart beat faster.

He advanced the more I was forced to take steps back because I didn't want him close to me.

  "Stop doing that and get out of my way."

The only evidence I had that he heard me was the twitch in his eyes but he still didn't stop until I could no more step back.

My back had met the wall. Caged.

The corner of his lip lifted in a half smirk, his eyes assessing me methodically.

He brought his two large hands to either side of me.

I held my breath, my nerves getting the better of me.

The alarm bells had started going off already and my fingers were too frozen to reach out for my phone.

  "You messing with the wrong guy, Sam,"his voice came out hoarsely as he tilted his head next to mine, allowing his lips to trail the shell of my ear,"and you gonna regret it."

As if what he was doing wasn't enough, Connor grabbed my waist, crashing me to him more violently than necessary.

"Don't deny the attraction you feel towards me."

It took everything in me not to spit at him.

Attraction?  Hello.

"Your action didn't turn me on. Stop crediting yourself." I sent a sharp knee at his groin instantly, making him wobble and crouch in pain,"fuck!"

I used the little time to my advantage, swerving him and making straight for the door.

I was drenched in sweat and that's when I noticed all the blinds in the room had been pulled together. Louvers shut.

It told me what I hadn't known— Connor already had his intentions when he called me here.

"Not so fast bitch,"he seized me by the waist before I could get hold of the knob.

I screamed, scratching and wriggling but either my efforts were cos 90 or he was pure steel.

Connor cupped his large palm over my mouth, muffling incoming screams.

     "You're good as dead."he said gruffly while manhandling me. I didn't care that I was struggling fiercely almost looking like a possessed banshee.

       "Don't fucking hurt me!"I yelled angrily, my voice coming out muffled.

I hit my head on the post of one bunk which had me blanking out shortly before I was back to throwing my hands and legs wildly as he hoisted me up, throwing me on the bed we were sitting on earlier.

  Connor ripped off my glasses, throwing it somewhere as I continued to fight beneath him.

He tucked his knees fixedly at my thighs, grabbing my face but I was lucky to gain control of one hand and punch him straight on the nose. (It hurt like hell)

Connor cursed infuriatingly and it looked like I had worsened my case because the next thing I knew, the room had somersaulted and I was lying on my stomach.

He had flipped me over, his palm never leaving my mouth as he positioned himself behind me. I felt I was losing control and that scared me shitless.

"I'm going to ruin you, you'll wish you never came to this school to begin with."he whispered darkly.

This couldn't happen, this couldn't happen, this couldn't happen.

I choked out a sob, my throat getting tighter.

Connor was unbuckling my belt with one hand, tugging down my pants with ease as I continued to struggle,a hiccup escaped my lips.

The last thing I'd want to do is allow him see me crying helplessly.

But it didn't look like I'd gain control soon with my head buried into the sheets, gasping for air. I don't know if he wanted to kill me in the process.

My wig was halfway into falling off and so was my dignity.

The loud knock on the door resounded in the room.

I felt him freeze on top of me, his fingers pausing just when they were about to slip of my underwear. The knock came again.

  "Who's there?"Connor said in a voice which looked like he had been asleep.

"Can I come in?"

... the voice. Jordan!

Even though muffled, I offered a renewed energy of screaming in hopes that he'll hear.

Connor noticing this, clasped his palm harder and leaned his full weight on me so that now my face was being pushed more into the bed with little breathing space.

I should just suffocate and die.

   "No. What do you want?"

A bit of hesitance..."Looking for my friend actually. Any chance that he entered your room?"

   "No. Why would he?" Connor asked calmly.

"I just thought I saw him enter here. Besides you're kind of like his buddy so why won't he?"

     "No one's here. You can leave now."

"Whatever."

I couldn't stop the tears that slid when I heard his footsteps getting away.

My only chance had gone down the drain!

Connor chuckled close to my ear.

"Looks like your lover boy won't be saving you either mm?"

I shook my head, begging him with body language to not do this. I should've known it wasn't any use coz Connor was the type of human beings with an unfeeling bone in them.

I felt the hard thing that was digging at the small of my back before he positioned himself well and then my phone rang.

♪Let me know, yeah, gimme another chance—♪

  "Shit! Who forgets to lock out the fucking phone at a time like this?!"Connor bellowed, ripping the machine out but it was at that very moment the door jerked open with much force.

   "What the hell?!" Jordan cussed.

    ____________________________________________

:)A/n
  Greetings y'all.       How are you??
I really hope everyone is doing well and coping with life.

I'm sorry if the chapter came off a bit triggering but Connor didn't have his way yet so yayy!!

Please do vote and comment if you're enjoying the book. Means a lot 💕

Thoughts on what's gonna happen next?

Which emoji will you give to Sam rn 🥺.

See you on Thursday,

—Ford.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Cecilia By Anastasia

General Fiction

10.1K 248 21
Cecilia's father, a well-known and successful lawyer, was tired of her problems. Tired of the issues she had been causing for the family and it's nam...
10.6K 808 31
Riley Comeau has terrible luck. Lightbulbs shatter in his presence, stoves catch on fire (more so than usual) and microwaves explode. He doesn't hav...
3.1K 222 33
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...
15 1 15
i wrote this story a decade ago when I was still in college. A girl named Sam whose family alwags is moving fromnplace to place looking for the right...