Reborn as a hero's daughter...

By saki-san2

Raid, one of the six heroes, was forced to fight the demon god alone and ended up fighting him. When he awoke... More

Chapter I. Near Death.
Chapter 2 Encounter with a (self-proclaimed) god
Chapter III: The Legend.
Chapter IV: Resuming life.
Chapter V. Shocking revelations.
Chapter VI: Infant Girl, Standing on the Earth (Bed).
Chapter VII: The First Time ......
Chapter VIII - God's Blessing.
Chapter IX - First outing.
Chapter X. Climbing trees with friends.
Chapter XI - Attack of the Monsters.
Chapter XII: Endurance war for life.
Chapter XIII - The heroic figure.
Chapter XIV - The consequences of begging.
Chapter XV - God's Gift.
Chapter XVI - Five years old, long-awaited training in swordsmanship.
Chapter XVII - Finia's past.
Chapter XVIII - The King's marriage proposal.
Chapter XIX - Study abroad in Raum.
Chapter XX: Prospects for the future.
Chapter 21 - The True Value of Interference Magic
Chapter 22 - Age 7, First Hunting.
Chapter 23 - Results of the examinations
Chapter 24: The morning of departure
Chapter 25 - Itinerary.
Chapter 26 - Attacks in the streets.
Chapter 27: Surprise attack
Chapter 28: Her decision.
Chapter 29 Arrivals
Chapter 30: The Fourth Hero.
Chapter 31 - Residency.
Chapter 32: Maxwell, Dean of the Academy of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Chapter 33 - Measuring Magic
Chapter 34 - Discomfort in the City
Chapter 35: The identity of sound.
Chapter 36: Sabotage.
Chapter 37: Brawl.
Chapter 38: Struggles
Chapter 39: White Helping Hands.
Chapter 40 - The Rigid Bow
Chapter 41 - Cleaning up afterwards
Chapter 42: The Struggle
Chapter 43 - First time in Raum: ......
Chapter 44: Defeating the Evil Dragon
Chapter 45 - The Legend.
Chapter 46 - Reid's Decision.
Chapter 47: The Parker.
Chapter 49: Late Night.
Chapter 50: Summoning the Demon Gods
Chapter 51: The end of a previous life
Chapter 52: Morning routines
Chapter 53: Morning as a child
Chapter 54 - Let's go and see the academy.
Chapter 55-Authoritarianism
Chapter 56 - First time at school
Chapter 57: Entrance ceremony intrigues.
Chapter 58: Preparing for the new class
Chapter 59: Physical insecurity.
Chapter 60-The Mystery of the Music Room
Chapter 61: Late-night training

Chapter 48 - Orphanage comfort.

21 0 0
By saki-san2

The third-party perspective is described from Cortina's side.

  ◇◆◇◆◆

' 'HONK! I can't believe it, that guy!"

 Early morning diner.

 While devouring her breakfast at the counter there, Cortina brandished a knife in exasperation.

'Don't swing a knife, you idiot, it's dangerous.'

 Gadrus cautions Cortina while taking the knife from her.

 The gesture of easily taking away the knife she was wielding was so fluid that it was hard to believe she was a dwarf, despite her casual movements.

'Oh, sorry. But that timing is not right, is it? I had pasta in my mouth, remember? To the limit."

''It's a raid, after all''.

 From living on the battlefield to becoming an adventurer. The life of manners and distinction continued, and Cortina too found that life to be a daily routine.

 Especially since she started working with them, she eats her meals as if they were poured down the drain. This is because a meal that takes a long time to eat can be fatal.

 It is a habit that continues even now that the fighting is over.

 Raid's proposal, which popped up in such a moodless and empty situation, was in the realm of unacceptable for a woman.

 Cortina is particularly close to Maria. She has also heard out the story of when she was proposed to.

 St. Knight Lyell presents a ring in front of a church with a beautiful night sky. In comparison, Reid on the other hand is a diner.

 She had hated him for some time, and she could not forgive his lack of consideration.

Even then, the next day, it's as if nothing had happened ...... and that makes me even more angry!"

'Well, that's because it's reid'.

 Knowing how depressed he is at night, Gadolus can only offer a suitable ministerial response.

 That said, it feels wrong for him to tell her how it is.

 Even Gadrus would like to welcome the happiness of his friends.

 In particular, he thinks that Raid is not very popular with women, ...... unlike Lyell, because he is often reserved or unkind.

 On top of that, he has made a name for himself as an assassin, so fear comes first.

 In fact, because of his cool-headed appearance, he is reasonably popular and there are quite a few women who are after him. The most important thing to remember is that the best way to get a good deal on a new product or service is to get a good deal on a new product or service.

 The sudden marriage proposal from Raid is something that Gadrus would definitely like to support.

 However, Raid had already taken action to change his mind and was forcibly pretending to be normal. It was also an act of consideration so as not to make Cortina feel uncomfortable.

 In contrast, Cortina is waiting for his next action.

 In other words, they are neatly rubbing each other the wrong way. If things continue as they are, they could end up breaking up without a fight.

'Well, don't be so angry. Even if that naive man takes action, that's progress, isn't it?"

''Well, that's true, but ......'

' And there you have it".

 Gadrus presents a piece of paper to Cortina.

'What is this, an inspection of the orphanage?'

'It's essentially for new recruits. I had Reid take it for a change. How about you?'

"'Me too?"

 So Cortina spread the wings of her imagination.

 She played innocently with the children and healed them, and at night she and Reid were alone under the stars.

 He looks at her with serious eyes and she ......

'Guh heh, not bad.'

'Really? Vasya, that's weird."

'It's not about me! That request, I certainly took it!"

'I see. Then the children will be pleased."

"'What?"

I'm sure they'd be more happy to have a 'hero' like you than some adventurer come to inspect them."

'Ah, yes. Come to think of it, I did."

 Cortina holds a special position among the Six Heroes.

 She is different from Gadrus, who boasts an overwhelming defence, and from Lyell and Maria, who are the main protagonists.

 Nor does she have outstanding skills like Raid or Maxwell.

 Her abilities themselves are only first-class, and she is not as good as the best of them.

 She is able to use her skills to command the masters and lead them to victory. For ordinary people without power, this is a performance that can be called hope.

 You can be a hero even if you have no power or magic.

 Cortina is the embodiment of this.

 The children would be delighted to receive her as a consolation prize.

 Cortina, anticipating this outcome, plunged down on the counter again.

'This makes it difficult for us to be alone together, .......'

'Well, we'll get to that later. For now, just make up.'

' Nyuu ......'

 Cortina was catcalled to the situation, which did not go down as well as it did on the battlefield.

 She greeted a good-natured priest at a church that doubled as an orphanage and was to meet the children living there.

 The visit was actually more of a consolation prize, but even so, we had to see the children's health and other conditions with our own eyes.

 Cortina, seeing Raid's twitchy smile, exposed to the eyes of curiosity and delight, had a chuckle.

 It is rare that he, who has the feeling of being a third person who tries to pretend to be cool on a daily basis, would express so much 'difficulty'.

'Today, Reid and Cortina have come to inspect this orphanage. Everyone, please greet them without rudeness.'

'Haaaaahhhh!'

 The deafening cheers of the children made them hold their ears.

 The children laughed, this time with amusement, as if it was funny that they both took the gesture at the same time.

'Well then, I'll go and prepare lunch, please don't be rude.'

'Okay aaaaah!'

 Children itching to get started, as they can't wait.

 The priest chuckles at this gesture and turns to leave.

'Oh, I'll help you then.'

'Wait, Tina! You're not going to leave me here alone!"

'...... It's okay. I can do raids."

''Look at me and say it!''

 Cortina chooses to flee the scene after deciding that she will be violently baptised by the children if she continues.

 She replied to Reid's call for restraint with words of encouragement. While looking away.

 Condemning her, Reid sounded impatient, as if he had forgotten the previous strained relationship.

 He waved his hand and left the scene, averting his gaze at his cries.

 It was shortly afterwards that the children pounced on Reid, who was still trying to pursue the matter, like ravenous beasts.

'I'm sorry, Reid. I'll pick up your bones later."

'Remember me, oh, oh, oh'?

 Not a strong man by nature, he was crushed before the overwhelming mass of children.

 With her hands on him, Cortina made her way to the orphanage kitchen.

 And a few girls follow her as well.

'Oh, um! I'll help you, too."

'Oh? You can hang out with Reid, okay?"

No, I'm in the middle of having Shinpu-sama teach me how to cook.

'Well, you're great. What is your name?"

"Fuh, fuh-nai, sir!"

 I felt the frustration of the past few days melt away as the girl said her name with such a nervous expression on her face that I feared she might bite her tongue.

 I pat her head a few times and then hold her hand.

 Then I walk to the kitchen. Behind me, Reid screams.

 It seems that even Raid was no match for the children.

'Oh, that ...... Raid-sama, are you all right?'

'If that was going to kill me, I've already died too many times to worry about it, okay?'

'Oh, really?'

 In the kitchen, the priest was struggling to make a lettuce and egg sandwich.

 It was not that laborious a dish. But it's a number of them, so he's struggling.

'I'm here to help.'

'Wow, me too!

'Oh, Lady Cortina! A place like this--"

'Don't worry, I'm a good cook, despite what I look like.

Me too!

'That's dependable. Shall I ask you for a favour then?"

 In reply to the priest, Cortina and Finia looked at each other and then rolled up their arms.

  ◇◆◇◇◆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.4K 2.2K 24
this is going to be based off the books currently under editing!! any suggestions please do tell me please enjoy ☆
19.3K 368 23
Idk first story so please be nice
198K 29.5K 115
"ကျွန်တော် သူ့ကို လက်ထပ်ချင်တယ်" "သခင်လေးဖန် သူက ချမ်းသာတဲ့ ဒုတိယ မျိုးဆက်၊ တည်ထောင်သူမိသားစုရဲ့ တတိယမျိုးဆက် ပြီးတော့ မြို့တော်မှာ မြင့်မြတ်ပြီး ကျေ...
16.8K 1.4K 38
Rinata come cattiva dell'Otome game, l'unico modo per schivare permanentemente il bad end è sposare letteralmente chiunque al di fuori del gioco. Per...