Reborn as a hero's daughter...

By saki-san2

Raid, one of the six heroes, was forced to fight the demon god alone and ended up fighting him. When he awoke... More

Chapter I. Near Death.
Chapter 2 Encounter with a (self-proclaimed) god
Chapter III: The Legend.
Chapter IV: Resuming life.
Chapter V. Shocking revelations.
Chapter VI: Infant Girl, Standing on the Earth (Bed).
Chapter VII: The First Time ......
Chapter VIII - God's Blessing.
Chapter IX - First outing.
Chapter X. Climbing trees with friends.
Chapter XI - Attack of the Monsters.
Chapter XII: Endurance war for life.
Chapter XIII - The heroic figure.
Chapter XIV - The consequences of begging.
Chapter XV - God's Gift.
Chapter XVI - Five years old, long-awaited training in swordsmanship.
Chapter XVII - Finia's past.
Chapter XVIII - The King's marriage proposal.
Chapter XIX - Study abroad in Raum.
Chapter XX: Prospects for the future.
Chapter 21 - The True Value of Interference Magic
Chapter 22 - Age 7, First Hunting.
Chapter 23 - Results of the examinations
Chapter 24: The morning of departure
Chapter 25 - Itinerary.
Chapter 26 - Attacks in the streets.
Chapter 27: Surprise attack
Chapter 28: Her decision.
Chapter 29 Arrivals
Chapter 30: The Fourth Hero.
Chapter 31 - Residency.
Chapter 32: Maxwell, Dean of the Academy of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Chapter 33 - Measuring Magic
Chapter 34 - Discomfort in the City
Chapter 35: The identity of sound.
Chapter 36: Sabotage.
Chapter 37: Brawl.
Chapter 38: Struggles
Chapter 39: White Helping Hands.
Chapter 41 - Cleaning up afterwards
Chapter 42: The Struggle
Chapter 43 - First time in Raum: ......
Chapter 44: Defeating the Evil Dragon
Chapter 45 - The Legend.
Chapter 46 - Reid's Decision.
Chapter 47: The Parker.
Chapter 48 - Orphanage comfort.
Chapter 49: Late Night.
Chapter 50: Summoning the Demon Gods
Chapter 51: The end of a previous life
Chapter 52: Morning routines
Chapter 53: Morning as a child
Chapter 54 - Let's go and see the academy.
Chapter 55-Authoritarianism
Chapter 56 - First time at school
Chapter 57: Entrance ceremony intrigues.
Chapter 58: Preparing for the new class
Chapter 59: Physical insecurity.
Chapter 60-The Mystery of the Music Room
Chapter 61: Late-night training

Chapter 40 - The Rigid Bow

26 0 0
By saki-san2

The wound on the left arm itself is not significant.

 However, because the bleeding has not stopped, the body is rapidly becoming exhausted and the body temperature is dropping.

 The darkness in front of me gradually eroded the corners of my vision, restricting my movements.

 It also affected my receiving movements.

 The inability to use my left hand is hindering my receiving movement.

 Because I cannot support the blade with my hand on the peak, I cannot take the action of receiving the enemy's attack.

 And even if I do try to parry, the tip is bent in an L-shape, so if I'm not careful, my sword could be taken away.

 As a result, I had no choice but to concentrate on evasion.

 The large movement drains my strength and I finally fall to my knees on the spot.

'Kehoh, huh - cohoh ......'

 Kneeling in front of the enemy is tantamount to suicide. But my strength had already reached its limit.

 The man also smiles at this situation and raises his voice in mockery.

'What's the matter, have you reached your limit already? Hey, I'm sure they'll treat you well where you're sold!"

'Geez, f**k you, don't ......'

'The slavers also employ healers. 'The slavers also employ healers, so we should break off a limb or two so they can't escape. Oh, never mind, they'll put you back together without a scratch."

''Kuso ...... oh!''

 Gnashing his teeth in humiliation, he readies his hangkiri machete tsurikirinata with trembling hands.

 It was then that I was quicker to sense the shudder behind me.

 This must be a difference in combat experience. After a moment's delay, the man in front of me also notices.

 The man's eyes widen, and without even looking back, I could sense the looming threat.

 I quickly step to the side and duck down. In contrast, the man sits back and raises his shield.

 That difference in defensive action was the difference between life and death for us.

 No, I would have been safe because the arrow was on a course that would not have hit me in the first place.

 But the man was not.

 The steel arrow roared and blew through like a gust of wind.

 The pressure of the wind blew me away and I rolled around on the ground in a hapless manner.

 I barely held the comatose girl in my arms and protected myself, which was a good job for me.

 But the man was different.

 He held up his shield and took the fight head-on. Perhaps it was this defence, ingrained over the years, that cost him his life.

 The steel arrow tore through the shield as easily as paper and penetrated the man's body beyond it.

'- Huh?'

 A man with a large hole in his stomach made such a dumb sound when he saw his situation.

 Then, unable to support his own weight, he was crushed vertically and then ripped in two.

 I looked back at Michelle-chan to make sure the girl with her head still in her hands was safe.

 She was standing there, stunned by the storm of destruction she had caused.

 For a moment, I couldn't help but think I saw a white figure near her, but it seemed to be my imagination.

 But more than that, I was curious about something else.

 It was the white silver bow in Michelle-chan's hand.

 A huge bow that was clearly enchanted. If you wanted to get it on the market, you would probably have to accumulate enough gold coins to buy a castle.

 She was holding such an expensive-looking bow.

'Michelle-chan--?'

'E...... ah, yes. I was fine, Nicole!"

'Uh-huh. I only have an arm injury here. I'm a bit tired. But what about that bow?"

 It was only when I pointed it out to her that she seemed to remember the great bow in her hand.

 The bow, with its elegant ornamentation and magical inscriptions in various places, was more beautiful the closer you looked at it.

'This? My white sister wants me to use it."

'White sister? Where?"

 At my request, Michelle scurries around to check.

 But the only people around are us and the kidnapped girl.

 The only other people around are a dead body, an unconscious man and a struggling horse, still tied to the wagon, lying on the ground.

''They're gone.''

''I see. ....."

 A white figure seen earlier. Perhaps that is the one who joined Michelle-chan.

 It's a stiff story that even such an expensive-looking magic item is given so generously.

''What should I do, I have to give this back.''

 The fact that she disappeared before we could collect her may mean that she has no intention of asking us to give her back.

 When I was thinking about this, a piece of paper stuck to my feet.

 It was probably blown away by the wind. I casually picked it up and looked at the text hanging on it.

 The following sentence was written on it.

'You can have the bow. You can use it to help her. And you haven't mastered your gift, have you? You must be more diligent in using that power, as it can be the most powerful if you master it. From a very kind God."

 God ...... That bastard who went to all the trouble of reincarnating me as a little girl. ......

 It's unforgivable that he made me a woman, but he may be surprisingly cooperative, as he gave me a path to reincarnation, gave me a gift as a freebie, and joined Michelle-chan.

 I was in real danger this time, so I'll thank her for that.

'It says you'll give me this. Feel free to take it.'

'Oh, Nicole, you can read?'

' "Oops. ......"

 Come to think of it, it was unusual for someone who hadn't even been to school to be able to read.

 Of course I can read because I inherited knowledge from my previous life, but it must be rare to be able to read and write at my age.

'Well, actually, lye - my dad and mum taught me.

'Oh, I see. Master Lyell and Maria would teach you!'

 In fact, children of aristocrats often hire tutors to prepare them before they enter school.

 In particular, Maria's breadth of insight surpasses that of even the wisest people out there. I' m going to use her reputation as a pretext here.

''Even so, that bow is amazing.''

'Yeah. The white lady said it was too powerful, so be careful.'

''I'm sure you're right.''

 An arrow that scatters that shockwave is honestly not a joke.

 If you get caught inadvertently, you could end up as a piece of meat. Probably only Michelle, who has the gift of marksmanship, would be able to use it.

 But that prospect collapsed with her next words.

'Oh, I can't pull it off now.'

' What?"

'You know, with my strength, I couldn't draw this bow. So my white sister cast a strengthening spell on me and I was finally able to use it with an iron arrow.'

''Right, I see. ......''

 If you think about it, if the bow is that powerful, you can't use ordinary arrows, and a child doesn't have enough strength to pull it?

'One of vermilion, one of group blue, three of mountain blue. More power to his person - how about it? Can you pull this?"

'Hmmm, guggu ...... no, looks like. Sorry."

'No, no need to apology'.

 It's God's fault for giving us a bow we can't use.

 I tried to apply my available enhancement magic to Michelle-chan, but my enhancement power wasn't enough to make her able to use the bow.

 I don't know how much reinforcement I've given her, but I guess that's what a 'god' is for.

  Since you have that much power, you should have defeated the man directly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 5.3K 36
"do i look like i give a shit if he's poseidons son?" water from the fountain splashed into her face, dripping from the dark ends of her hair "the f...
72.6K 2.1K 196
"In a world of pirates and adventure, meet Ryo, a half mink-half human with a tragic past. After losing his parents, Ryo was taken in and trained by...
606K 20.4K 85
Child of the Eldest Gods from the East, Heiress of Earth and Legacy of Stars and Magic, Has the Affinity to Balance the Peace of Nature, Fated Love i...
70.5K 1.5K 77
A student from the Paldea region took an interest in traveling to other regions to learn new things.