The Dragons Mark

By GypsyCe

Teal, a 23 year old P.O.W. and refugee was forced to live under extreme rules. Today's torture: a visits to t... More

Chapter1: A Trip to the Zoo
Chapter 2: Dinner or Playtime
Chapter 3: Who's the Pet
Chapter 4: The secret of the Dragons
Chapter 5: Getting to know you
Chapter 6: New Friends
Chapter 7: Love
Chapter 8: The Morning After
Chapter 9: Teal rules
Chapter 10: The Queen's Favor
Chapter 11: The War Turns
Chapter 12: Long live the Queen
Chapter 13: Strength
Chapter 14: Doc's Move
Chapter 15: Sorrow
Chapter 16: Brilliance
Chapter 17: Life goes on
Chapter 18: Bound and Sealed
Chapter 19: Sage & Knifejaw
Chapter 20: What's to be of...
Chapter 21: The Mark of Mate
Chapter 22: The Background Color
Chapter 24: Growth & Addition
Chapter 25: The Beginning of Forever

Chapter 23: Making Her Mark

6 0 0
By GypsyCe

     Teal winced as the Shaman hammered the tattoo into her skin bit by bit. "Why did I let you talk me into this!"

"Because I'm cute" Xerus smiled

Teal tried to slap him with her free hand "What about you, don't you need one of these?"

"Nyala gets to give me mine" he winced at the thought of it "you have it easier, she gets to draw blood."

     "So do you" Nyala growled

     "If you think I am going to enjoy that part... I don't think you know me as well as you say you do" then the thought hit him and he turned to the Shaman "Could you give me this exact tattoo?" He asked the Shaman.

     "Yes," the Shaman responded "I'm assuming cost is no option."

     "Whatever you want we will pay you." Nyala was puzzled.

     "What are thinking about Xerus?" Teal asked

     "The typical scars are for the dragon form, they don't show on the human form." He turned to the shaman "will this show on both forms?"

    "Yes it will," he answered "I can't tell you how it will translate but it will show on both forms."

     "I want it to show always that I am yours, so I want this tattoo as well."

    "Who's" Nyala raised an eyebrow at him.

    He smirked "both of yours, don't you agree or are you just hers?"

    Nyala smiled "okay, yeah..." she grabbed Xerus's hand "me too please."

     Teal relaxed as the Shaman put the tools down "finished... your mark is done."

He wiped the skin down and treated it. "It will be tender for a while" he sat back and took a deep breath "what do you think?"

     "It's gorgeous," Teal admired "I love it"

    "Xerus is next" Nyala shoved him towards the chair.

     "Stalling dear" Xerus laughed

    Nyala stuck her tongue out at him.

Teal moved over to the nest and curled up to catch some extra sleep while the Shaman worked on Xerus and Nyala.

"The former government is being difficult" Nyala eyed Teal to make sure she was completely asleep "what are we going to do?"

"Can I vote for eat someone," he laughed "the rest will knock it off real fast."

"The hardest path is one that makes you see your enemy for what they are..." the Shaman interjected "I doubt that means food."

"The bitchier the tastier." Xerus laughed "besides, we know why they are doing it."

    "They think we are beasts and nothing more," Nyala rolled her eyes "they see us as beneath them."

"Well, can I hire you to take care of a few tasty issues my people are having?" He smirked "they see us in very much the same way."

Nyala sighed "I can scare anyone straight without needing to eating anybody..." she smirked "sad that the only thing terrifying about you Xerus is your dietary habits."

    "Really, Nyala..." he smirked "how is that working for you so far with this war?"

The shaman burst out laughing "you two are hilarious," he smiled "intriguing and hilarious," he nodded "I believe our people will get along great."

"We will do our best to restore what was taken from your people" Xerus stated

"We do want your people as allies," Nyala smiled "your people are native to this land, is there anything you want to have us focus on?"

"They destroyed the forests," he paused and took a breath "please rebuild them." The shaman continued the tattoo. "The beautiful ancient forests..." he sighed

"We value nature as your people do," Xerus winced "we do not like how dead this land feels in some areas."

"I miss the forests from back home." Nyala remembered "we can definitely work to getting the land back to it's natural state."

   The shaman finished the tattoo "done, next" he cleaned and treated it then smiled "looks good on you... very intimidating."

Xerus stood up "I agree actually."

Nyala sat down and got ready for hers "how can the same thing look different on different people?" She puzzled

     The Shaman settled in to start the final one, "I am impressed with how well these are turning out"

"How do we start," Xerus sat on the edge of the nest and played with Teals hair.

"Start what?" Nyala winced

"To rebuild the forest."

"Start by collecting information on it." The shaman suggested "make sure you know what you are shooting for."

"Planning ahead is not really my strong suit" Xerus smiled as he ran his fingers through Teals hair.

"Leave it to the girl then." The shaman smiled "seems to me like Teal might need to be shown how important she is to all of this."

"You think so?" Xerus wondered

"She does seem to be acting a bit lost lately." Nyala responded

The three sat, contemplating Teal's behavior lately until the shaman broke the silence. "All done," he cleaned and treated it then began cleaning up "please let me know if there is anything you need from my people."

"We will," Xerus smiled "it is good to have allies."

The shaman excused himself politely and left.

    Nyala sat admiring her mark, "I am curious about how it translates."

"It's exciting." Xerus smiled "we should insist that this be the new way of the mate marks."

     The marks wrapped around their two middle fingers and extended up the back of the hand to the side of the arm then halfway up to the elbow.

     In the center of the design starting on the back of the hand was the three claw mark of mate for Dragons, the rest of the tattoo looked like a stylized vine of thorns on an iron gate.

     When the Shaman's were all done the dragons went to the flight ring to show off their new mark's.

     Being the last mated couple to arrive, Teal stepped into the flight ring with Xerus on one side and Nyala on the other. All eyes were on them, as soon as they noticed that all three bore the mark.

      Cheers erupted from overhead on the catwalks, chanting Teals name.

"They're cheering for me?" Teal was puzzled

     "You are one of them that has managed to tame not just one dragon but two." Xerus kissed her cheek.

     "More than that," Nyala smiled and waved to the crowd "she tamed the Dragon royals."

    "Seriously, I mean look at me, I'm a refugee..." she smiled nervously "a prisoner of war..."

    "Former" Xerus corrected stroking his mark

    "What?" Teal asked

    "You are mine, not partially but completely..." he smiled "So, it's only fitting that we be yours completely"

    "What are you saying?" Teal asked

    "Hearing how they love you...I've made my mind up." He smiled "you are a former prisoner of war... a former refugee."

    Nyala couldn't see where he was going with this, "Xerus?"

    "You are my mate," I'm not denying you anything anymore."

    Nyala smiled she finally understood "I agree."

    "You lost me." Teal had to lean in to hear them over the growing cheers of the crowd.

    "You are my Queen," Xerus smiled "that isn't going to change, so I'm not going to deny you that title."

    "You are a Queen," Nyala smiled

    "You beat your captors and now" Xerus laughed "you rule over them at our side."

     Teal gasped, "me?" she turned to look at the crowd.

    "Address your fans my love" he kissed her forehead gently

Teal sighed "exactly what am I supposed to do with this" she gestured towards the crowd

"What do you mean?" Xerus smugly said as he sat down on the arm of a chair.

Teal stepped closer to him, putting them nose to nose "they are supposed to be screaming your name not mine."

"But you're cuter than me" he kissed her nose

"Try waving" Nyala interrupted with a smile

    "Or show them the..." Teal stepped forward and raised her arm up palm facing her to show off her mate mark. The cheers escalated, the walls shook with the power of the crowds joy.

"Not the way I thought they would react to that." Nyala smiled nervously

    "Hmm" Xerus wondered "that is unusual."

    "You mean the food has surprised you again?" Teal laughed

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5K 2.8K 62
Marrying a straight person isn't good at all. But falling in love with a straight person is it wrong? Having crush on him for several years is it a c...
900 132 53
"What would you rather? Floating in eternal darkness or...serving me? As my champion?" "Honestly? Neither, why in the world would I choose to be a se...
129K 6.7K 99
Hannah And her Happy Harem After spending her entire life training to become an Olympic level gymnast only to suffer one too many injuries for her bo...
Never Too Late By Lykie

General Fiction

8.3K 423 54
Briggan wasn't somebody that wanted friends. He'd been alone for as long as he could remember, and he wouldn't mind it if he stayed that way for the...