My Double Life

بواسطة ArtisticCritic18

All of us have secrets, some mild and some deep. Skylar Reigns is a normal teenage girl battling life at its... المزيد

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37

Chapter 36

328 9 6
بواسطة ArtisticCritic18

Skylar's POV

I stand in front of the mirror in my small dressing room wondering for how long I can keep my identity hidden. It's only a matter of time until more people find out and that could potentially change my whole life.

I grab the bandage off the small table and wrap my hands taking glances at myself as I do so.

I'm my own creep.

"Are you ready?" Vince shouts from the other side of the door with a small knock

I take in a deep breath, "yeah, come on in." I say as I turn away from the mirror and face the door.

Vince walks in and I see Jones at the door too. Jones doesn't come in but he gives me a nod before closing the door. I don't know what comes over me but I find myself hugging and holding onto Vince as tight as I can.

"I'm scared." I blurt out

"There's nothing to be scared about short stuff and if there is, Randy, Jones and I are always here to protect you." He assures me as while hugging me back. I nod my head and let go of him

I have an unsettling feeling in my stomach that I can't seem to get rid of. It's not nerves, I have never been nervous for a fight before so it can't be. I silently pray for everything to go smoothly tonight.

I am introduced out and I meet my opponent whom I don't recognize because I never fight the same people twice. Randy says unless they are paying double what they initially offered, it's a waste of our time and theirs. 'We need real competition' he always says.

Yeah, until I end up in a body bag.

I look briefly into the crowd and I see my friends right where I left them. Gabby fiddles with her hands, Kendrick has a stern look on his face and the rest are shouting and applauding.

The fight begins and my focus is back on my opponent. We begin squaring up and he makes the first move by landing a kick onto my left thigh. That hurt like hell but I don't flinch. I go in with a right hand jab but he moves his head to his right resulting in a left blow from me causing him to stumble back.

What's predictable move

"Protect your face mister." I taunt

He charges for me and before he can get close, I kick him in the stomach temporarily knocking the wind out of him. I'm getting bored of this fight already so I take that opportunity to kick him on the side of his face making sure he falls to the floor before I land another kick on his face and abdomen. I get down and punch him three times, knocking him out.

"Told you to protect your face." I say

I get up and walk to the other side of the ring waiting for them to announce me as the winner before I go back to my dressing room.

As soon as they do, I don't waste another second as I make it to my dressing room. I quickly remove my annoying mask and throw it onto the couch in the corner of the room. The nauseous feeling pondering at the pit of my stomach as I make my way into the bathroom hoping to throw up but nothing comes. I splash cold water on my face
and look at my reflection in the mirror above the sink.

"What's wrong with me?" I ask myself out loud. Am I pregnant? No that can't be unless Jesus wants another return through some other virgin.

I leave the bathroom to go change into proper clothes. After a really slow change, there's a knock on my door and after a faint 'come in' Vince reveals himself.

"We should be moving now, Randy left minutes ago but he told me to tell you that he'll see you tomorrow. He had something urgent to take care of, probably regarding Ben." I nod as he finishes speaking

"Yeah, I'm ready." I say as I grab my backpack and pull the hood of my jersey up to hide myself.

We use the back exit like we always do and slip into his car unnoticed. I hope my friends are okay, I don't even know if they're still in there or not.

"Are my friends still in there?" I ask Vince as we drive off to my house

"Yeah, I saw them before I came to get you. They looked like they were preparing to leave though." He says but I don't say anything

We drive in silence the entire time until we reach the street I live on. Vince drops me a few houses down like always so that my dad doesn't question why I'm being dropped off by a luxurious SUV late at night. He will lose his lightbulbs.

"Good night Vincey and thank you." I give him a hug before climbing out of the car.

I walk to my house with my hands in my pockets and my head hung low. When I get there, the lights are still on and that's odd because dad and Sergiana would've had gone to bed by now. I take my keys out and try to unlock the door but it's already open. Dad must have some people over then.

I open the door and take my shoes off, "Nana I'm home." I shout but nobody answers.

"Dad, Giana?" I call out but still no response.

I walk to the kitchen and I nearly faint at the sight I see before me. I stand frozen as I look at what seems to be the lifeless body of my dad laying on the kitchen floor in a pool of blood. There is blood splattered everywhere.

"Daddy!" I scream out as hot tears stream down my face. "Dad no! Daddy." I cry hysterically laying down on my father, hugging on him as tight as I can not caring about the blood. I see a small note beside him and quickly grab it. It reads, 'found you'.

Sergiana. I quickly get up and dash upstairs to her room. "Giana, where are you baby?" I call out.

She comes crawling out from under her bed, tears in her eyes and what looks like blood spatter on her face and clothes. She runs to me and engulfs me in a hug, holding onto me tightly.

"What happened baby?" I ask trying to keep my voice as calm as possible. I need to know what she saw.

"Daddy. They hurt daddy." She tells me and my heart breaks at the thought that 'they' did this with her watching.

"Who is they, do you know?" She shakes her head and whispers "the bad men." to me.

"Shhh, it's okay baby. I'm here now okay. I'm going to need you to stay in here for a while okay?" I tell her and she shakes her head

"Don't go Skylar, they will hurt you too." She cries. I'm trying so hard to be strong right now but I'm not strong, I am the reason we are now orphans. I took the life of the only parent Giana and I had. It is all my fault.

"Listen to me, nobody is going to hurt me okay. I'm going to check on daddy but I need you to be safe in here okay?" I look into her crying eyes and she nods, agreeing.

I set her down and tell her to get into bed and snuggle with Nancy, her teddy and that I will come back for her in a few minutes.

I close her door and run back downstairs to where my father is brutally murdered with a gunshot wound to his head and multiple shot wounds on his body. His eyes are wide open and it feels as though he is staring at me, blaming me for everything that has happened.

I kneel beside him and slowly shut his eyes. "I'm sorry daddy. I was the bad guy you so badly wanted to see caught. I put you in this situation and ended your life. This should've been me instead of you laying there. I took away the last parent that Giana and I had, the only person that would fight tooth and nail for us. I was a terrible daughter and I wish I had never gotten involved in the life of street fighting. I wish I had told you the truth, maybe then you would have been more careful and all of this would've been avoided. But I didn't and look what that has brought me. I'm so sorry daddy, I don't deserve your forgiveness because all I did was lie to you over and over again." I cry, my heart breaking over and over again.

I lay there with him for a few minutes before I get up and take my phone. I dial Vince's number and he picks up almost immediately.

"Hey short stuff, is everything okay?" He asks sounding cheerful.

"Please come to my house." I let out an ugly cry.

I hear him shuffling around with keys, "I'm on my way." He says before he hangs up.

"Sky." I look towards the front door and see Victoria with a panicked look on her face

"How did you get in here and what do you want?" I spit at her audacity.

"I only came to warn you about my dad but I guess I'm too late. I'm sorry, I never thought things would escalate this far." She tries to explain and walks further into the house but I hold out my hand to stop her in her tracks which she does

"You thought wrong, now leave before I change my mind about holding you accountable and you and your father end up in a body bag just like my father, starting with you." I warn her. Rage filling me the more I look at her.

"Skyl-"

"I said leave! Randy is going to be here soon and unless you want your daddy dear to be mailed your head, I advise you to go." I say calmly, scaring myself too.

She turns around and runs, leaving behind hatred in my heart for her and her sorry excuse of a father.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

I'm so sorry guys😢

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

212 44 20
Meet Logan Brooks, the enigmatic bad boy with a troubled past, and Eliza Parker, a fiercely independent woman determined to make her mark in the worl...
Fight Me بواسطة Bri

قصص المراهقين

3.5M 114K 43
Jessica Westlake is unknown, while Black Lightning is a famous underground street fighter. What most don't know is that they are the same person. Af...
847 35 32
Zoe thought by moving away from her parents that life would be better, and in a way it was. Except for the fact that she had moved in with an arrogan...
9.3K 148 45
Skylar is a girl who is 17 and has a painful past. Her parents are both alcoholics and once in awhile do drugs. And once Skylar gets tired of arguing...