Danny Clark is a Nobody

By anonymousacademia

Bottling up emotions is one of Danny's greatest skills. Since the age of 5, Danny has had to fend for himself... More

Characters
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Epilogue

Chapter Seven

7.4K 219 29
By anonymousacademia

I stared at the ceiling of the room that was now mine. First nights are always the worst. It feels disorienting, wrong. Like you're living someone else's life. I've moved around way more times than I could remember. It never gets easier, never gets familiar.

I had turned the lights off, and was staring at the emptiness of the darkness. I wanted so badly to just close my eyes and let myself drift off. Just turn off my consciousness. Just remain in blissful ignorance of my thoughts, my surroundings, time, and this constant soreness of my body.

There was nothing I could do. I quickly grew unamused with my phone, finding social media not able to entertain me. I wanted to read, but it was uncomfortable to do so with the flashlight of my new phone.

I could feel that I was in the middle of so much space. The bed was insanely huge. The room itself was larger than any room I've ever stayed at. I wondered how rich people lived like this. How such luxury and privilege can actually be enjoyed.

I was engulfed in complete and total silence. Left with my thoughts and nothing else. Every now and then I could hear ringing in one ear, but then it disappeared.

My throat felt dry, and I realise that I had barely any water the past few days. The effects of the coffee were wearing off. I glanced at the time. It was 3:30 a.m.. I creeped downstairs, careful not to make any noise or accidentally trip over my own two feet.

I was in my light pyjamas and a robe I found hanging in my expansive closet, which also contained a pair of soft slippers. I turned the flashlight on my phone on, and this time knew exactly where to find what I needed. I opened the fridge and got a bottled water. Opening it impatiently, I gulped the cool liquid down. Immediately, I felt refreshed. I then turned to the cabinet where my Yoda previously revealed a bag of coffee grounds.

I went about my business, as quietly as possible. I did not want to wake the nice lady up again. And I shivered at the thought of what Michael would surely do to me if he found me sneaking around. I yawned inaudibly, feeling tiredness wash over me. Once I made my coffee, I gulped it down, the heat scalding my throat.

Feeling slightly more energised, I made my way back to the room, when I heard noises from one of the other rooms. It sounded like they were talking softly. Then I realised it was someone comforting someone else. Not wanting to alert them, I quickly shut the door.

I grabbed my phone and unlocked it, and found that someone had texted me. Who else would be awake at this hour?

Unknown Number
heyy

Me
Hey. Who's this?

Unknown Number
quit playin w me girl

Me
I think you've got the wrong number

Unknown Number
ah shitt, not againn

Me
Sorry to break it to you

Unknown Number
nah it's cool, not the first time a chick gives me the wrong nb smh

Me
That's rough

Unknown Number
ain't gotta tell me twice
u a girl or a guy?

Me
I'm a guy

Unknown Number
fine by me, i see both sides like chanel iykwim
u attracted to guys?

Me
No

Unknown Number
ah that's cool
how old r u?

Me
15. What about you?

Unknown Number
aww ur a wittle baby

Me
I'm going to block you now

Unknown Number
NOO DON'T I'M SORRYY
i'm 16 btw LMAO
man don't leave me on read :(

Me
What's your name, if you don't mind me asking

Unknown Number
my name's will
urs?

Me
Danny

Will
cute name, still have you as bianca in my contacts tho LMAOO

Me
You mean the girl who was so not attracted to you that she faked a number for you to leave her alone?

Will
there was no need to do me like that bro
gettin all personal and shit
u rlly hurt my feelings, dannyboo :(

Me
Too soon?

Will
yes :,(
what r u doing up at 4 am anyway?

Me
Couldn't sleep I guess. You?

Will
i was at a party earlier

Me
Did you have fun?

Will
uhh idk not rlly
was just a bunch of rich yt guys
but i did what i had to do for free booze

Me
Understandable

Will
i am not looking forward to tmr
the hangover is going to be killer
and i gotta go to meetings w my dad ughh
gn, new friend

Me
Good night :)

I was getting too tired, and I knew I would fall asleep soon. I forced myself to get up and go to the bathroom where I splashed my face with freezing cold water. It was effective, but barely. I yawned and walked back to my bedroom. I decided to turn on the lights, because the darkness definitely didn't help with my sleepiness. I paced my large room, trying my hardest to keep my eyes open.

I couldn't remember the last time I wasn't interrupted in the middle of the night. I kept glancing at the door, expecting Michael or one of my newfound brothers to come bursting in.

But soon, it was 6 a.m. and my window glowed with sunlight. I yawned and decided to shower. I've never had so much access to hot water before. It's always been a privilege. One of which I was rarely allowed to enjoy. I took my time in the shower, even though the soap burned my fresh cuts. It soothed my sore body and relaxed my overactive mind.

Once I got out, I decided to wear a plain black long sleeved t-shirt and a pair of black jeans. It was a pretty boring outfit, but I was too tired to formulate a better one. After combing my hair impatiently and brushing my teeth, I walked out of the steamy bathroom and sat on the bed. I was close to finishing my book, 40 pages or so left.

I had barely a chapter of the book left, when a soft knock caught my attention. "Come in." I said tensely. Michael opened the door and walked in, smiling at me. "Good morning! Did you sleep well?" He asked. I nodded, "yes, I did. Thank you for asking."

"Breakfast should be ready any minute now. You do like muffins, don't you?" He asked. I have not eaten breakfast in years. But nonetheless, I smiled and nodded politely.

He stared at my face for a few seconds in assessment. "Danny, are you sure you slept well? You look tired." The worry in his voice made me want to cry, for some reason. "I'm fine, just not a morning person." I lied. Michael didn't believe me, but just as he was about to say something else, there was a crashing sound from downstairs. I flinched subconsciously, and Michael looked at me with concern.

I shrugged it off and walked downstairs to see what caused the noise, Michael following me. Standing next to a bunch of fallen pans was a very guilty looking Sam. His cheeks were red, and he smiled shyly. "Sorry." He whispered.

Michael looked like he was about to laugh, but reprimanded Sam nonetheless. "Clean this up, and be careful next time." He said sternly. Sam nodded and started picking up the pans from the floor. A pair of hurrying footsteps approached, and Freddie, his hair a mess and his eyes still puffy with sleep, entered the kitchen, adorned in a baby blue matching pyjama set.

"Wha's goin' on?" He muttered, then yawned loudly. "Your brother over here accidentally dropped some pans and treys. Nothing to worry about." Michael informed Freddie, who nodded and went back upstairs. I suppose to get ready for the day.

"Have you seen James?" Sam asked Michael. "Yes, earlier this morning. He left for his morning run, I think." He replied. Sam shook his head in disbelief, "that crazy motherfucker." He muttered. "Language." Michael scolded. I guess I should add that to the non-rule rules list.

"Sorry, dad." Sam said, then turned to look at the oven. "The muffins will be ready any minute." He told us. "Coffee?" He offered, holding out a mug that said "Espresso Patronum" and a lightning bolt over a pair of round glasses. I nodded, and took the mug gratefully. I gulped it down, and almost spit it out. Trying to hide the disgust on my face, I asked, "how much sugar is in this?"

"Um, I think about 4 spoons." He said casually. "Tablespoons?" I asked. He nodded nonchalantly and took a sip of his own cup. I almost gagged at the thought of that much sugar. Michael let out a chuckle. "Sammy." He shook his head with a smile. "What?" Sam said, looking genuinely confused. "That's too much sugar, son."

"It tastes fine to me." He shrugged. Michael laughed. "Of course it does." He then walked past me, making his own cup of coffee. He turned to face me, a more serious look on his face. "I need to talk to you in private later, Danny." He said. I placed my mug in the sink quickly, not wanting anyone to see how much my hands were shaking. I nodded nervously. I guess he noticed how scared shitless I was, because he softened his gaze and gave me a small smile of encouragement.

Freddie walked in about an hour later, hair damp and now wearing a white dress shirt and a pair of black slacks. "Whoa, what's that beautiful smell?" He asked, his eyes wide. "My amazing creation." Sam said, gesturing to the warm, freshly baked muffins placed neatly on a plate. "Sammy, you genius." He groaned, before seating himself at the breakfast table.

Michael tutted and slapped Freddie's hand away from the muffins. Freddie glared at whoever swatted his hand away, then the scowl quickly faded when he realised it was his dad. "No muffins for anyone until James comes back." Michael said. He took his rules seriously.

"That stupid, in shape, healthy jerk." Freddie muttered, frowning at the muffins in front of him. Michael rolled his eyes at his son, but I could see a small smile creeping up on his lips. Someone's phone got a notification. Michael stared at Sam, who looked up at him innocently. "This wasn't me." He said defensively. Heat rose to my cheeks when my phone dinged again. "Sorry." I said. I turned on silent mode and put it in my pocket. It kept vibrating against my thigh, but I ignored it.

I shifted in my seat. Who the hell texts this much? "See? It wasn't me. I'm sick and tired of this discrimination. I have rights-" Sam's rant was interrupted by the front door opening. James came inside the house, in wet sportswear. His hair was entirely wet, and his face was coated in sweat and he panted softly as he entered the kitchen.

"Eww, you reek." Freddie greeted his brother, pulling a disgusted face. "Thanks for the warm welcome." He rolled his eyes, then turned to me, smiling. "Morning, Danny." And turning to Michael he said, still slightly out of breath, "morning, dad."

"Good morning." I replied. "Morning, son." Replied Michael. "Don't I get a greeting?" Sam huffed, causing James to smile cheekily. "Sure, come give me a big hug, my dear little brother."

Immediately, Sam backed away, screaming. James laughed at his reaction. "I'm gonna go take a shower," James said. "No!" Freddie yelled out. James raised a brow at him. "Breakfast first." Freddie said with pleading eyes. James rolled his eyes again, but sat himself down. "Only because I know you're disgusted by me in my current state." He said, and leaned over Freddie's head to grab a muffin. Freddie fake-gagged.

Sam gave me a muffin which I accepted with a mumbled thanks. Freddie helped himself as soon as James backed away. I had to admit, Sam made a mean muffin. He should stay away from making coffee, though.

"These are so good." Freddie said after his second muffin. "Why, thank you." Sam said. James had hurriedly eaten 4 muffins and ran to his bedroom to take a shower. I finished my muffin, and was going to leave the table when Sam asked, "are you just going to eat one?" I hesitated at his hurt look. He thinks I don't like his baking. Sighing to myself, I sat back down and grabbed another muffin, which made Sam smile.

My phone vibrated against my thigh again, and I itched to check who was messaging me this urgently. I ate the muffin as quick as I could, then walked to my bedroom before anyone could stop me. I took my phone out of my pocket and looked at my messages. 34 texts from Will.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 2.8K 21
Nick has been thrown around back and forth between different foster homes for as long as he can remember and has no idea where he came from or anythi...
2.8M 58.4K 50
[BOOK 1] [NOT EDITED] ❝if you were to describe me in one word, what would it be?❞ she had the perfect life, with ideal parents, loving family however...
4.8K 91 18
Their father was an abusive man who went out each night to get drunk, and their mother was an angel sent directly from Heaven to protect them. It all...
1M 33.5K 73
Here's a bombshell for you: I have eight brothers. Eight extremely attractive, smart, mischievous, crazy overprotective brothers. Well, step brothers...